Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I want to attend a party where they dance the Laendler

It looks so fun and so elegant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 25, 2018 2:35 AM

I want to wear the Baroness' gown with the one-shoulder detail and the tightly fitted bodice.

And the opera-length gloves. Gown in ivory/silver, gloves in white.

And then I want to say cunty things to a nun.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2018 5:55 AM

I agree that the dance would be fun and I love the music. However, I'd rather go to a party where this German dance is done and all the men are dressed this way. Less formal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2018 5:57 AM

Looks like a prelude to bukkake, R2

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2018 8:31 AM

I want to present hole to Christopher Plummer when he looked like that.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2018 4:39 PM

There are still folk dance groups in the US, believe it or not, but they tend to be full of women.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2018 6:32 PM

[quote]but they tend to be full of women.

Shocking!

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2018 6:37 PM

Jawohl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2018 6:45 PM

R5, that is not true. I am very involved with German heritage groups and there are plenty of men. Most of then have at least one, if not more German Festivals a year. Usually, the are open to the public.

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2018 6:45 PM

This is R2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2018 6:45 PM

R1, if you get anywhere near that outfit I swear I'll claw your eyes out.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2018 6:56 PM

How many dresses does a governess need?

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2018 7:00 PM

This thread is too Teutonic.

by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2018 7:02 PM

The zombies in “Attack of the Liederhosen Zombies” are entranced by music, rendering them harmless for as long as the music is playing. In one scene, the main couple make their way back to the ski chalet, only to find it infested with zombies, but they are all swaying to the music, which happens to be a Laendler song. So they decide to dance among the zombies, recreating Maria and Georg’s dance in TSOM. You can see it briefly in the trailer (although the trailer music is not the same as in the movie). Kind of a funny scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2018 9:35 PM

More of the Baroness' dress, by the undersung costume designer for SOM, Dorothy Jenkins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2018 11:19 PM

.... and a fangurl...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2018 11:21 PM

another....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2018 11:22 PM

She's a GIF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2018 11:23 PM

Dorothy Jeakins was even more undersung r14.

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2018 11:26 PM

Hee.

Yes, thank you for the correctitude, R14.

Enjoy some bedroom curtain couture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2018 11:31 PM

OP - make sure you wear your formal caftan and the really dangly earrings.

by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2018 11:35 PM

OP would need oxygen after that dance

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2018 11:45 PM

OP to gain admittance to that type of event you should be attired in your formal caftan made of jacquard curtains, and your earrings in the shape of a goatherd with the cubic zirconia lederhosen

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2018 11:46 PM

I went to a Sound of Music sing-along at the Hollywood Bowl where they show the film on large screens, accompanied by the orchestra and with the song lyrics captioned with a bouncing ball. Before the film started, they had a costume contest where audience members were brought onstage to show off costumes inspired by the movie.

Someone was dressed like Julie Andrews’ opening title sequence with a small helicopter on a straightened wire coat hanger extending over her head to represent the helicopter shots of the opening titles. My favorite, though, were nuns in playclothes, nun habits made of the same green-and-white drapery material as the children’s playclothes.

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2018 11:52 PM

Love you bitches, and I love this thread.

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2018 11:59 PM

Gayorg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 20, 2018 12:21 AM

Looks kind of like a Euro square dance.

by Anonymousreply 26February 20, 2018 12:48 AM

I’ve asked before and have never gotten a satisfactory answer. Eleanor Parker brilliantly played a major character in the film yet never participated in any of the many cast reunions over the years. For Christ sake even Plummer relented and realized he was a part of cinema history with this movie. But even more egregious is that Parker’s name was never even mentioned by any of the cast ever, as if she never was in the damn film with them at all. Was she as hated by them as the Baroness was in the film? Is that the reason? It is just bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 27February 20, 2018 2:31 AM

r27 Her pussy stank.

by Anonymousreply 28February 20, 2018 2:32 AM

Well, R27, she DID want to send all of the children to boarding school, so why would they invite her to a reunion?

by Anonymousreply 29February 20, 2018 3:02 AM

Watching Julie Andrews dance reminded me of one of these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 20, 2018 3:22 AM

Eleanor Parker was only 42 or 43 when she made TSOM. She appeared in over 40 films before that.

I don't think she's appreciated nearly enough. I declare this a Celebrate the Glamor of Eleanor Parker thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 24, 2018 5:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 24, 2018 5:31 AM

Here's Alexis, in middle age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 24, 2018 5:33 AM

Are we going to pretend r4 didn't make a massive pedo comment?

When did pedophilia become such a rage on this fucking forum?

by Anonymousreply 34February 24, 2018 5:37 AM

How is that a pedo comment, you hysterical queen?

by Anonymousreply 35February 24, 2018 5:43 AM

"How the fuck am I a pedo??", asks Mr. B Singer, as he vigorously pounds a 13-year-old.

by Anonymousreply 36February 25, 2018 2:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!