Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Talking of Parker Posey - WHET Parker Posey?

Haven't seen her in anything, in years.

Just occasional pap photos of her walking her little white dog in SoHo, NY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 8, 2018 7:23 PM

Rode hard and put away WHET.

by Anonymousreply 1February 11, 2018 11:17 PM

She looks down on her luck....ratty handbag and shoes.

by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2018 12:14 AM

That’s the hipster look R2. They pride themselves on looking homeless chic. It’s ironic, don’t you know.

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2018 12:17 AM

She was in two recent Woody Allen films, Irrational Man and Cafe Society.

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2018 12:41 AM

Still working for Woody and Guest, still looking good, still 'blowing her nose" on her meager Hollywood paychecks as she put it. She looks like she has just the right amount of fame to me. Seems happy with it.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2018 2:56 AM

Every time I see that awful Megyn Kelly - she looks to me like a younger version of Posey - who’s bleached her hair blonde and is doing some vile right wing Schlick. Seriously - they look like sisters....

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2018 4:55 AM

She wrote a memoir "You're On An Airplane: a self-mythologizing memoir". It comes out July 24th.

It sound like something Amy Sedaris would write, though.

[italic]Have you ever wondered what it would be like talk to Parker Posey? On an airplane, with Parker as your seat companion, perhaps? Parker’s irreverent, hilarious, and enchanting memoir gives you the incredible opportunity. Full of personal stories, whimsical how-tos, recipes, and beautiful handmade collages created by the author herself, You’re On an Airplane is a delight in every way.

In her first book, actress and star of movies such as Dazed and Confused, Party Girl, You’ve Got Mail, The House of Yes, and so many more, Posey opens up about the art of acting, life on the set, and the realities of its accompanying fame. A funny and colorful southern childhood prepared Posey for a life of creating and entertaining, which not only extends to acting but to the craft of pottery, sewing, collage, yoga and cooking, all of which readers will find in this whimsical, hilarious, always entertaining book. Parker takes us into her childhood home, behind the scenes of the indie film revolution in the 90s, the delightful absurdity of the big-budget genre thrillers she’s turned into art in a whole new way, and the creativity that will always be part of both her acting and her personal life.

With Posey’s memorable, hilarious and poignant voice, her book gives the reader a feeling of traveling through not only a memoir, but an exploration, meditation, and celebration of what it means to be an artist. Buckle up and enjoy the journey.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2018 3:22 AM

She did play Dr. Smith in the Lost in Space reboot. Quite well too. Met her in a now defunct vintage shop in Newport, RI

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2018 3:30 AM

[quote]Have you ever wondered what it would be like talk to Parker Posey? On an airplane, with Parker as your seat companion, perhaps?

Mmmmm....No.

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2018 3:30 AM

Saw her walking in Village recently. No one was swarming her. Seems content.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2018 3:37 AM

Went to SUNY Purchase same time as she did. Talked to her at a few parties. She was funny and self deprecating. A doll.

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2018 3:47 AM

I miss her.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2018 3:59 AM

She was great on Louie.

Then Louis had to trap women and beat off in front of them.

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2018 4:01 AM

I met her at the airport when I was heading home from Sundance. My favorite Parker Posey movie of all time is The Daytrippers.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2018 4:24 AM

"Mascots" was made a couple years ago and is funny. She always makes me laugh, so I give her a pass for the hipster indulgences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2018 4:28 AM

Parker Posey, 49

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2018 7:04 AM

She was very funny on a couple of episodes of Will & Grace. Damn that was in 2001.

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2018 7:07 AM

it's weird, she is starting to look like ally sheedy.

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2018 7:08 AM

She is a lesbian right?

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2018 10:48 AM

Love her. I found her on IMDB, believe it or not, and it tells you what she's been up to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2018 11:17 AM

Can't wait for the book, finally caught up with "Party Girl" WAAAY late to the party, needless to say. She is great. Thanks for alerting me to the book; I swear, I only know things are coming out via DL these days.

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2018 8:12 PM

Seems like Parker was the wealthy girl in her small town if dad owned the car dealership.

by Anonymousreply 22June 1, 2018 3:36 AM

She became a Queen of the Indies with occasional small roles in mainstream work. The result is always "WHET"?

by Anonymousreply 23June 1, 2018 5:26 AM

She's playing Dr. Smith in the reboot of Lost in Space on Netflix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 1, 2018 5:32 AM

I'm soryy, but I never liked her much. She's pretty enough, but seemed to lack conviction.

I did see her do a decent job as a weird online date Laura Linney's son hooked up with on THE BIG C (2011), but other than that she kind of leaves me cold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 1, 2018 6:33 AM

Elizabeth Banks stole her career.

by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2018 8:03 AM

Hardly. Banks is so bland. Parker was a true original, stood out even among all those girls in "Dazed and Confused".

by Anonymousreply 27June 1, 2018 6:33 PM

Personal Velocity was one of the first things I ever saw her in.

It's three short films in one and she's excellent and it's the best of the three films.

Highly recommended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2018 12:06 AM

Looks so much like Katharine Hepburn. Can’t believe Scorsese didn’t cast her in The AViator. Cate Blanchett was ridiculous in the role.

by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2018 12:14 AM

She’s terrific in Lost In Space, the best thing about the show.

by Anonymousreply 30June 2, 2018 2:15 AM

Mrs. Wild Bob

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 16, 2018 7:34 PM

Loved her work in THE HOUSE OF YES as Jackie O.

by Anonymousreply 32July 16, 2018 7:51 PM

Like someone above said —she leaves me cold. She’s talented and I thought she was very good (and one of the better parts of) Irrational Man.

How is it that she seems more aloof and elitist than someone like Nicole Kidman? She took the other route. We’re supposed to like her for that....

I’ve got nothing. Maybe it was reading about her taking that damn dog everywhere. She’s one of “those people.”

by Anonymousreply 33July 16, 2018 7:51 PM

Her book comes out in about a week's time, so she'll be on the talk shows.

by Anonymousreply 34July 16, 2018 7:54 PM

I love her in all kinds of stuff she's done. Those she leaves cold are already moribund.

by Anonymousreply 35July 16, 2018 8:09 PM

Yes, she's a character and naturally funny.

by Anonymousreply 36July 16, 2018 8:11 PM

She’s one of those actors I consistently like but never really love.

by Anonymousreply 37July 16, 2018 8:26 PM

I stood behind her on checkout line in high end grocery store. She could not have been lovelier to everyone. Perfection.

by Anonymousreply 38July 16, 2018 8:56 PM

Oh c'mon. Who didn't love this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 16, 2018 9:02 PM

I love her ..but I really hated her in Will and Grace and that abomination Adam and Steve.

by Anonymousreply 40July 16, 2018 9:07 PM

She's promoting her book.

This - well...see for yourselves >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 16, 2018 9:42 PM

That video promo for her new book is AWFUL.

by Anonymousreply 42July 17, 2018 5:52 PM

I just lost all respect for her. She's a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 43July 17, 2018 5:57 PM

Is she parodying an actress/faux intellectual? Or is that just her?

by Anonymousreply 44July 17, 2018 6:04 PM

To me she seems the same in every performance

by Anonymousreply 45July 17, 2018 6:54 PM

Lesbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee friends again, Parks!!!!

by Anonymousreply 46July 17, 2018 7:12 PM

She's waiting for the Tales of the City reboot. This one is about how Connie OWNS the fucking city of San Francisco. Connie became the fag hag for all the gay men. When they started dying in the 80s, they left all their property to her. Now she sleeps in a different house every night. Connie fucking rocks, dudes!

by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2018 7:37 PM

She's hilariously absurd in that weird "The Con Is On" starring Uma Thurman and Tim Roth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 30, 2018 1:47 PM

She's promoting her book. Just looked at a Jimmy Fallon thing she just did. It's too fucking boring for me to link here. Most of it is sucking up to him about how cool and funny he is and he really goes for it.

by Anonymousreply 49July 30, 2018 2:30 PM

Served her a few times at a downtown restaurant. Always charming.

by Anonymousreply 50July 30, 2018 3:36 PM

Her portrayal of Dr Smith in ‘Lost in Space’ was very controversial since she played her as a sociopath and it was off putting.

by Anonymousreply 51July 30, 2018 3:45 PM

Here is a link to the video mentioned at R49.

YouTube: Parker Posey Used to Go Dancing with Jimmy Fallon and Horatio Sanz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 31, 2018 5:15 AM

She is talentless and sexless.

by Anonymousreply 53July 31, 2018 5:19 AM

R51 She portrayed Fiona in "Josie & the Pussycats" as a sociopath too. It was hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 31, 2018 5:23 AM

Parker Posey IS the deal!

by Anonymousreply 55July 31, 2018 5:30 AM

She was in the movie, Columbus, released less than a year ago. It was critically acclaimed and starred John Cho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 31, 2018 5:36 AM

Her work in House of Yes was amazing. I love this scene where she shades Tori's character soooo hard!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 31, 2018 5:40 AM

Parker's first Hollywood job, a scene that was cut from Sleepless In Seattle, has surfaced:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 31, 2018 5:42 AM

Shame they didn't cut Meg Ryan instead.

by Anonymousreply 59July 31, 2018 5:44 AM

OMG I just saw her in Lost in Space and she totally killed! I didn't know anything about her work before but she was the best forcing character on that series. I binged watched just because of her. The series is really good by they way, you can tell they spent a lot of money on it.

The basic premise without a spoiler is that she is some kind of grifter, borderline personalty or sociopath who spent a lot of time in therapy. In a sudden twist of events, she steals a jacket from the real Dr. Smith and sneaks onto one of the ships. She then presents herself to the Robinson's as a doctor in psychology! She manipulates the fuck out of some of the cast, through half truths, lies, fake emotions and conflicting messages. It was so cleaver the way they did it I was practically screaming fucking CUNT at the screen! SHE'S GREAT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 31, 2018 6:20 AM

Is it true she broke up with Ryan Adams because she ONLY wanted anal sex and he wanted to bang that puss-puss???

by Anonymousreply 61July 31, 2018 6:29 PM

What can I say? I like to peg.

by Anonymousreply 62July 31, 2018 6:36 PM

I was standing behind her on line at TJ's on E14th once. She asked me if it would be OK if she left the line to grab something, which was very nice of her. Most people just wander away without a word, leaving their baskets/carts behind. She was low key and wore a nice perfume.

by Anonymousreply 63August 1, 2018 2:41 AM

Her jo tape blew chunks.

by Anonymousreply 64August 1, 2018 3:31 AM

You don't have many friends, R64, do you?

by Anonymousreply 65August 1, 2018 4:00 AM

totally agree with R60. she is amazing on that. and I hope that shows continues, or if not, that she gets something else to do, cause she is truly amazing on that show.

by Anonymousreply 66August 1, 2018 4:41 AM

From the 7/30 Guardian. She wrote a book! take a look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 1, 2018 5:15 AM

R67, see R7.

by Anonymousreply 68August 1, 2018 5:50 AM

I loved her in all the Christopher Guest mockumentaries, especially Best in Show.

by Anonymousreply 69August 8, 2018 6:19 AM

Her IG account is lame. Mostly pictures of her dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 8, 2018 6:59 AM

I saw her on some Netflix show which was a show primarily focused on kids. She was an Aunt or something. I do remember enjoying her performance. She was just very natural and completely believable as some actors have the ability to do.

by Anonymousreply 71August 8, 2018 7:21 AM

She can’t act and sucks the life out of every scene she is in. Why is she successful. Is she a lesbian icon?

by Anonymousreply 72August 8, 2018 7:42 AM

R72, you couldn’t be more wrong.

Parker is a lovely person as those who’ve encountered her can attest. My boyfriend knew her back when they shared an agent. Nothing but nice things to say about her.

She’s brilliant in her ‘Louie’ arc, brilliant in D&C, House Of Yes, Party Girl, Best In Show... I would watch anything she’s in, even if it’s not that good, because SHE IS that good.

I’m stoked to read her book. She’s a character and a sweetheart, quirky and beautiful. I’ll even watch Lost In Space for her—I would never watch it otherwise.

People who don’t like her, I hate to say this, but they’re either simple-minded losers or just assholes.

by Anonymousreply 73August 8, 2018 7:56 AM

[quote]Parker is a lovely person

Keira Knightly is a lovely person too. But she can’t act either.

I first saw her in Superman Returns, and wondered who the drab woman was who was throwing every comic opportunity away. Then I saw her in Grace, and all she could do was look annoyed. Others in such minor parts could have done wonders. Sorry, but the woman is in the wrong profession however cuddly and gorgeous she is. On screen she’s a hack with no presence. And certainly the camera doesn’t like her.

by Anonymousreply 74August 8, 2018 8:45 AM

And she also looks somewhat grubby, like Mila Kunis.

by Anonymousreply 75August 8, 2018 8:49 AM

By just doing "Lost In Space" which is coming back, she has guaranteed herself $40 a pop at Comic Cons. Plus another $40 for a photo.

by Anonymousreply 76August 8, 2018 9:43 AM

And yet they say glamour is dead!

by Anonymousreply 77August 8, 2018 9:53 AM

r73 = Uncle Hallie

by Anonymousreply 78August 8, 2018 11:16 AM

Trivia: Parker Posey and Chloe Sevigny once lived in the same small East Village coop for several years circa 2005 and beyond. Chloe has since moved (not sure about Posey).

by Anonymousreply 79August 8, 2018 11:17 AM

I love her - very unique, not the same old boring pretty hollywood drivel.

by Anonymousreply 80August 8, 2018 11:21 AM

A virtual blowjob to the first person who can do her "bubushka" line from "Party Girl". In 3, 2, 1...

by Anonymousreply 81August 8, 2018 7:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!