Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Raúl Esparza exits Law & Order: SVU after six seasons

Now he can stop kissing Mariska's ass in order to keep his job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 10, 2018 10:38 PM

I rarely watch this terrible show anymore and nothing can beat the original. Everyone in the cast, especially Benson, needs acting lessons and the only lawyer I liked much at all was Novak.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2018 12:14 AM

I still watch it and like it but Raul could be doing better work in theatre. I would think he is bored, coming in at the last 15 minutes to do the trial.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2018 12:19 AM

Now he can open his ass to my cock!

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2018 12:29 AM

Regarding Miss Diane Neal r1...........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2018 12:32 AM

He was fired. Raped an intern.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2018 12:33 AM

Who is r3?

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2018 12:35 AM

r5 Stop making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2018 12:37 AM

Never liked him on SVU. He was too robotic.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2018 12:38 AM

I didn't care for his SVU character, so no big loss for me. He's aged very oddly, not really a face for TV.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2018 12:42 AM

I enjoyed him. Quite handsome. Alexandra Cabot will always be my favorite A.D.A. Love her and would love to see her come back.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2018 12:43 AM

I liked Cabot too, R10, also Casey.

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2018 12:43 AM

Is this his boyfriend?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2018 12:47 AM

Who? This show is still on? I haven't heard anything about it in years.

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2018 12:49 AM

Is Raul Esparza one of us?

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2018 12:50 AM

No Rose, he is not of this world.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2018 12:52 AM

Oh lordy! The SVU/Barba fandom must be having an epic meltdown about now.

Yes, R14, he probably started the thread himself!

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2018 12:53 AM

Philip Winchester is replacing him so I might have to start watching.

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2018 12:56 AM

Philip is kind of hot.

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2018 1:04 AM

VERY hot.

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2018 2:36 AM

his brilliant and hot face, tits and ass will be greatly missed.

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2018 2:38 AM

He needs his own thread, R19.

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2018 2:43 AM

Philip and that hot dude from the Gifted Show would make a great sandwich

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2018 6:24 AM

The show has sucked since Danny what's his name left but I can't stop watching. Have 20 years invested in it and so the gradual train wreck of The Mariska Show! has been slow and morbidly fascinating.

Esparza was not great -- how could he or anyone have been with the current writing and direction -- but he was still very, very good and I'm glad that after six seasons of a hit network show he probably has enough of a nest egg built up that he can choose all his projects from now on.

That guy from Chicago Law is', divided indeed very Daddy hot but he doesn't have a lot of presence or excitement. His own show flopped, we'll see how this works out. Dick Wolf hires showrunners now who keep everything very low key both visually and dramatically which is why i don't care much for the Chicago franchises and maybe Philip Winchester's show flopping may have had nothing to do with him.

I loved both Stephanie March and Diane Neal as the ADA and would be hard pressed to choose between them. Christine Lahti and surprisingly Sharon Stone were both great in their limited story arcs in the part.

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2018 6:47 AM

He’s a sexy beast. I never saw or heard of him before this show, so he will be missed.

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2018 8:55 AM

The Chicago Justice show's fate was a strange one. I liked it and its ratings were ok, (nearly on par with SVU and even higher than Chi Med), but it was cut anyway. Even the TV ratings sites were surprised and had initially predicted that it would be renewed, and oddly, it was cancelled nearly a full week after the deadline. Some people even speculated that the shakeup between showrunners, (Eid being sent from SVU to Chi PD), and it being a mid season replacement airing on Sundays in an odd slot had more to do with it being cancelled than anything else. Also, strangely, Wolf moved Chernuchin who was one of the original Law and Order showrunners from Chicago Justice over to SVU after he transferred Rick Eid out, making Winchester the second person from Chicago Justice to join SVU in a matter of months.

I'm glad to see Esparza move on and maybe do some more theater. It was time, the show needs fresh blood and theater is more his thing. Barba was growing stale and wasn't the most well rounded or developed character to begin with. Most people I talked to didn't care for him in the same way they liked Cabot. I thought he was only okay. He tended to overact and Barba was simply a caricature anyway. He did amass a cult following made up of mostly young women on social media, but those individuals don't make up the majority of the shows audience. They're very vocal though and I have seen their outrage on Twitter in the last few days. I think they actually believe that they have an influence on what happens with which characters! Regardless, the reality is that aside from the leads, characters on any of Wolf's shows have a shelf-life and are replaced every so often anyway.

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2018 11:21 AM

[quote]Is this his boyfriend?

No that's his co-star Euan Morton who played Boy George on Broadway in "Taboo"

Raul's character after being gay bashed....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2018 11:30 AM

My God, an actor left a show! Whoever heard of such an occurrence?!

Is the new guy gay?

by Anonymousreply 27February 10, 2018 11:38 AM

He got fat

by Anonymousreply 28February 10, 2018 1:47 PM

Sounds like a contract dispute to me. l mean really how the hell does a script keep changing every time you do it?

I've lost interest in the show. This year I haven't watched at all. Going to Cuba was just too much for me.

by Anonymousreply 29February 10, 2018 2:53 PM

Oh that franchise has given up the ghost. I LOVE the old episodes of the original L&O. And I loved Criminal Intent. But SVU is too much for me. I fucking hate Mariska/Olivia, too.

by Anonymousreply 30February 10, 2018 3:03 PM

He really got plump and can’t sing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2018 5:20 PM

He sounds phenomenal. Wish I could catch the performance.

But I'll get to see the London ENO production in April!

by Anonymousreply 32February 10, 2018 5:32 PM

[quote] I never saw or heard of him before this show, so he will be missed.

Turn in your gay card!

by Anonymousreply 33February 10, 2018 5:36 PM

Would he make a good MAME?

by Anonymousreply 34February 10, 2018 9:44 PM

He's the new matinee Dolly.

by Anonymousreply 35February 10, 2018 9:51 PM

I’ve tried watching it again recently after several years. I used to love Olivia but wow, is she insufferable now.

by Anonymousreply 36February 10, 2018 10:10 PM

r36 She's Taylor Swift

by Anonymousreply 37February 10, 2018 10:19 PM

r36 Which Olivia is worse: Pope or Benson?

by Anonymousreply 38February 10, 2018 10:26 PM

The new guy sure is a tall drink of water. I'd climb him anyday. Has anyone here had him? Any stories?

by Anonymousreply 39February 10, 2018 10:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!