Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Favorite canned good

Mine is Red Gold stewed tomatoes. So yummy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 1, 2018 4:04 AM

Italian style tuna in oil. Nowadays the tuna itself sometimes isn't Mediterranean, but the process still makes a good tuna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 31, 2018 12:07 PM

fart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 31, 2018 12:09 PM

pfffft.

by Anonymousreply 3January 31, 2018 12:49 PM

Canned corn is delicious. I dont know if its healthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 31, 2018 1:13 PM

I'm reminded of the cases of canned tomato products my husband and I would load up on for our return trip, after visiting his folks in Indiana. A couple of cans of the diced tomatoes, with one of seasoned beans for chili, helped make a great quick supper.

Always got some MILNOT evaporated milk(unavailable here in the East). Indispensable for sausage gravy.

Our purchases always elicited a lot of questions and smiles at checkout.

by Anonymousreply 5January 31, 2018 1:51 PM

the worst

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 31, 2018 2:05 PM

again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 31, 2018 2:13 PM

Yummers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 31, 2018 3:36 PM

Sun Vista Pinto Beans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2018 3:58 PM

Spam, but only for musubi.

by Anonymousreply 10January 31, 2018 4:14 PM

Creamed corn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 31, 2018 9:42 PM

OP, I also always have plenty of Red Gold tomatoes on hand (crushed and whole peeled) and a variety of canned beans: green, black, kidney and garbanzo beans. During the summer, I make bean salad with one can each of green, black and kidney beans, so thinly sliced onion, and some red wine vinegar and Italian herbs. I sometimes make blender gazpacho with the tomatoes. When I have more time on my hands, I try to cook with dried beans, and buy fresh tomatoes, but sometimes I just don't have much time for cooking from scratch.

by Anonymousreply 12January 31, 2018 10:43 PM

OP and R12,

Thanks for supporting this farm family.

by Anonymousreply 13January 31, 2018 10:51 PM

Chef Boyardee ravioli. I can't help it, I love it.

by Anonymousreply 14January 31, 2018 10:54 PM

I like mine very young, small, and sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 31, 2018 10:56 PM

Kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas, tuna in oil, wild sockeye salmon, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, cream of mushroom soup and sometimes, tomato soup or clam chowder.

by Anonymousreply 16January 31, 2018 10:59 PM

The long asparagus in the tall cans.

I open a can and pour the contents into a perfect sized Pyrex dish with a lid. Then I stand at the sink and eat about 6 each day till day till gone.

by Anonymousreply 17January 31, 2018 10:59 PM

R15,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 31, 2018 11:01 PM

r15=Bette Davis

by Anonymousreply 19February 1, 2018 4:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!