Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"A Sinful Life"

Weird, obscure 1980s low-budget comedy starring Anita Morris. Has the feel of a Carol Burnett sketch as directed by John Waters.

Anyway, Morris is pretty funny as a former Sonny & Cher dancer turned drunk single mother. ("You want Mama to read to you? OK. Hand me the TV Guide.") "Baby" is treated like a retarded 6-year-old, but she's played by Blair Tefkin, who is clearly in her 20s ... it's a really strange performance but Tefkin nails it.

Not a classic, but if you like "Sordid Lives" and "Girls Will Be Girls" you might like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2018 3:51 AM

I actually saw this in a movie theater. I liked it, but very odd indeed.

Sad Anita Morris died so young.

by Anonymousreply 1January 20, 2018 3:03 AM

Looks creepy.

by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2018 3:11 AM

Here's the trailer, which looks and sounds like it was assembled in a submarine and doesn't give much of a feel for what the movie is about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2018 3:18 AM

How do you recommend we watch this film, OP?

by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2018 3:20 AM

I just watched it on Amazon. It was a $3 rental.

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2018 3:32 AM

What was Anita Morris' story? Why did she marry Grover Dale? (She was a cool woman btw. Met her a bunch of times at kid events. James Badge Dale went to my school for a while. Odd I don't really remember him too well but is mother was always so glamorous and funny and obviously very different from most of the other mothers.)

by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2018 3:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!