Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Justin Timberlake over?

I just saw the “Filthy” video and it’s a big who gives a fuck. Nobody seems to even know he has a new album out, or upcoming or whatever. Is he over?

by Anonymousreply 297January 20, 2021 7:26 PM

Yes. Haven't heard the new song on radio yet, just old stuff. When your new single stinks, they play the old stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2018 11:58 AM

He needs to beg Lorne for a recurring guest star gig. He's best at that.

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2018 12:24 PM

Nobody will listen to his music in twenty years

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2018 2:36 PM

He's the 21st century equivalent of Frank Sinatra Junior.

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2018 3:03 PM

He's fug.

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2018 3:08 PM

His new single has a very low star rating on iTunes. Usually, the fan girls give everything 5 stars.

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2018 3:09 PM

It'll be the biggest selling album of 2018. And you haters can seethe while Justin keeps winning.

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2018 4:06 PM

^ Hi Justin.

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2018 4:17 PM

[Quote] And you haters can seethe while Justin keeps winning.

Charlie??

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2018 4:19 PM

Hey Jussie! Heeeey gurl! 👋

by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2018 4:21 PM

Now that Lou Perlman's dead, everyone who got famous because of him needs to just go away. None of you are interesting or talented.

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2018 4:27 PM

Just because you have one single that fails to make the top ten doesn't mean your career is over

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2018 4:37 PM

Justin is out of step with the current "woke" climate. He's hated on Twitter, he's aging poorly, the new song is shit and the back-to-the-woods theme is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2018 4:42 PM

r4 He was the biggest pop star in the world for a while, self-made, was in one of the three main boy groups, movie star, etc., no comparison to that nepotist case hardly anyone knows, singing old songs and a very nationally limited phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2018 5:08 PM

r14 Justin Timberlake was never a movie star. All the movies he starred in were huge flops.

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2018 5:23 PM

His voice is subpar and so is his technique. None of his songs will stand the test of time. None of his movies, with the possible exception of [italic]The Social Network[/italic] in which he played another overprivileged white douchebag, will even qualify for the test of time. Seriously, he was in the fucking [italic]Love Guru[/italic], which was embarrassingly bad but wasn't even the worst Mike Myers movie.

And all the white boy bands were just copying Menudo and New Edition who weren't even all that to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2018 5:25 PM

[quote] Justin is out of step with the current "woke" climate.

That's because he's a blackface minstrel without the blackface. He's the Disney version of Eminem, who never would have gotten as far as he did if Biggie and Tupac hadn't been shot.

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2018 5:26 PM

He’s tiny.

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2018 5:29 PM

"Filthy" is only #12 on iTunes and debuted at #9 on Billboard. Not bad, but I'm sure he's not happy with that. Plus he's a white male who lifts from Black music, so he's far from over. The industry will bend over backward for him.

by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2018 5:32 PM

[quote]Plus he's a white male who lifts from Black music

Yeah, and what of it?

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2018 5:34 PM

I loved that someone called him "born again white" on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2018 5:35 PM

Figures that would happen as soon as Obama was out of office.

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2018 5:48 PM

R18 he's 6'1" which is very tall by Hollywood standards.

by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2018 5:52 PM

Seems like all the ways people traditionally understand the recording and movie industries are dying...JT's caught in the same DOA undertow.

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2018 6:04 PM

This whole "back to nature" look is even more calculated than that whole "suit and tie" schtick.

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2018 6:32 PM

I did "back to nature" the best.

by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2018 7:15 PM

His new song debuted at #8 on Billboard's Hot 100, which is excellent. Pre-orders for his upcoming album are excellent. He's releasing another song Friday.

by Anonymousreply 27January 16, 2018 7:19 PM

r27 = Chris Kirkpatrick

by Anonymousreply 28January 16, 2018 7:20 PM

He needs to present hole on the casting couch to a few people.

by Anonymousreply 29January 16, 2018 7:36 PM

He was always good on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 30January 16, 2018 7:43 PM

He ain't bringing sexy back with his current mug, that's for damn sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 16, 2018 7:49 PM

It's like two different people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 16, 2018 7:52 PM

He looks fine. No one stays in their 20s forever.

by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2018 7:54 PM

He missed the mark with the video. He needs to take off his shirt and fucking Dance his ass off to remind us that he’s still got it. I think Justin assumes that people will listen out of loyalty. But if you aren’t giving us something we can feel or actually see....then what’s the point? Justin hasn’t taken his shirt off since “Friends With Benefits” and at this stage in his career he should be one of the dominating forces in Pop. But Justin is sleeping on himself and his mind is most likely else where. With a song like “Filthy” the video should have been alot more “GQ” meets “Fifty Shades” and less “Steve Jobs @ an Apple conference” meets “I, Robot.”

by Anonymousreply 34January 16, 2018 7:59 PM

Until he does right and apologizes to Janet Jackson, everything he does gonna fail.

No, but seriously......

Sorry. I've never been a JT fan and I am NOT Janbot or a big Janet fan, but he really treated her like shit and the fact that he's playing at the Super Bowl again is just gross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 16, 2018 8:04 PM

He was so fuckin hot

by Anonymousreply 36January 16, 2018 8:08 PM

He's a boring corporate "artist" who tows the party line in every sense of the term. Trying to ride the "#metoo" wave of feminist nonsense recently was typical of his shtick. He's utterly ordinary looking and he's so square that any self-respecting adolescent with a hint of the rebel to them is completely turned off by him. He represent the vacuity of the talent of his era. But he can move - that's indisputable.

by Anonymousreply 37January 16, 2018 8:23 PM

Really confused by people's reaction to the Janet thing. It's like because she's a woman people think she shouldn't take responsibility for what she did.

She was the headliner at that Super Bowl. It was her gig. Justin was just a guest. She was 38 years old at the time and he was 23. She was in charge of what happened at that show.

She took a risk and wanted to shock and be seen as edgy but it blew back in her face.

Blaming Timberlake would be like blaming Nicki Minaj for some stunt that Madonna pulled off at her Super Bowl performance.

by Anonymousreply 38January 16, 2018 8:26 PM

I buy his album if he shows his coinslot in the music video

by Anonymousreply 39January 16, 2018 8:29 PM

taylor swifts new song is flopping as well Hell the biggest song in the world since october is from a 20 year old cuban former fifth harmy member!

by Anonymousreply 40January 16, 2018 8:44 PM

R40, the last I read of her, her career was tanking..as in...nothing special. Who's number 1 on the billboard? Drake?

by Anonymousreply 41January 16, 2018 9:13 PM

he looks 45.

by Anonymousreply 42January 16, 2018 9:28 PM

R32 damn! NOW i understand why so many teen girls used to crush on him!

by Anonymousreply 43January 16, 2018 9:29 PM

41. Camila cabello is number one on billboard for next week ed sheeran that ugly giger with a bad voice that is somehow popular will fall back to number 2.

by Anonymousreply 44January 16, 2018 9:47 PM

Ed Sheeran makes me want to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 45January 16, 2018 9:49 PM

He's part of the reason why that is, R24.

by Anonymousreply 46January 16, 2018 9:52 PM

Camila and ed have been top 2 for over a month , Camila's song had been number two for over two months.

by Anonymousreply 47January 16, 2018 9:53 PM

R45 agreed on top of being ugly as sin he's boring. Writes nice songs but his voice and image are terrible he is someone that should just write and not be heard or seen!

by Anonymousreply 48January 16, 2018 9:55 PM

Camila seems to be on Fallon all the time.

by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2018 9:55 PM

[quote]His new song debuted at #8 on Billboard's Hot 100, which is excellent.

For someone from American Idol maybe. But I am sure he was counting on being 1. It used to happen.

by Anonymousreply 50January 16, 2018 10:26 PM

Yep someone who is going to be performing the halftime show at the freaking superbowl in three weeks should be debuting better than that , the bitch is over!

by Anonymousreply 51January 16, 2018 10:30 PM

#8 for a big star like Justin is embarrassing. It should've been #1. Of course he's getting older and the kids downloading music don't really care about him.

by Anonymousreply 52January 16, 2018 10:32 PM

Kids don't buy music anymore it's all about streaming and Timberfake is nowhere near the top there either. It's ed, camila and dua lipa for pop, and a bunch of rap at the top.

by Anonymousreply 53January 16, 2018 10:36 PM

If Nicki had ripped off Madonna's panties, people would have definitely been blaming her as well.

It was an accident. Watch her hands after her breasts pops out. But he ripped the top off. He was joking around with Entertainment tonight right after it happened at how outrageous it was. The second the controversy hit, he pulled a 180 and started distancing himself. A real artist would have stood by her and laughed it off. But he wanted his precious Grammys, so he played victim and was rewarded handsomely. Total douche move.

by Anonymousreply 54January 16, 2018 10:49 PM

The panel on that bra was specially made. An accident it was not. Just a woman approaching 40 and trying to keep her sexy. And Madonna took the heat for her antics. She's a grown woman and wouldn't need anybody to stand beside her.

by Anonymousreply 55January 16, 2018 10:52 PM

The only antics at that Superbowl was that rapper giving the finger. And Madonna (who had nothing to do with it) supported her. Again, that's what real artists do.

Justin's a fake poseur bitch.

by Anonymousreply 56January 16, 2018 10:57 PM

Shut the fuck up R15 not all of them were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 16, 2018 11:03 PM

R56, no, Madonna didn't support M.I.A. Why would she? Madonna was the headliner. It was HER show. M.I.A. was just a guest.

MTV:

Madonna Thinks M.I.A. Super Bowl Finger-Flip Was 'Out Of Place'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 16, 2018 11:04 PM

But these days you can get a #1 hit with as few as 20,000 sales and we well placed ads.

Songs don't sell like in the 70s, where you had songs like "Got To Be Real" and "Stick Up" and "Jesse" which each sold over a million copies and yet stalled out at #11.

by Anonymousreply 59January 16, 2018 11:06 PM

See, M.I.A. didn't act like some whiny little bitch when she got criticized for HER stunt. She didn't whine that Madonna didn't stand with her. She took the hits like a grown ass woman and she moved the eff on.

by Anonymousreply 60January 16, 2018 11:07 PM

R59 no ones buying music anymore ,kids don't ask their parents to buy them music anymore when they can just head over to youtube or stream on apps like spotify.

by Anonymousreply 61January 16, 2018 11:16 PM

He's a middle-aged millionaire with a hare lip.

He has the same level of sex-appeal as —

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 16, 2018 11:36 PM

Think Herb Ritts took the shot at r32. He made them all look amazing.

Totally agree, r35. Not a JJ fan either but what he did was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 63January 16, 2018 11:44 PM

They both did it. R63, but he came out of it smelling like a rose while she didn't. A perfect example of white privilege in action. I'm JT's worst nightmare in that I do not give a damn about him one way or the other. He's really boring and it's too bad. I actually used to like some of his earlier work. If you want to go off on JT, you can always go to Lainey's gossip site and look at his history of bringing up Britney and their drama whenever he wants to cry a river about his current failures. I saw their relationship as a PR stunt, but Britney has indicated that losing her virginity to him was not consensual. That alone pissed me off and yes, he does mention her whenever things seem down for him. He has some talent, but his narcissism ruins it.

by Anonymousreply 64January 16, 2018 11:53 PM

Janet didn't come out of the incident "smelling like a rose" because she severely miscalculated. At that time, a 38-year old woman was the equivalent of a 50-year old woman. Meaning her career was near death. This was pre-J Lo. Women weren't considered sexy after 40 save for rare exceptions like Tina Turner. Janet thought acting Madonna-ish might extend her career. She was wrong.

She embarrassed herself and made her fans feel embarrassed. She also let her fans believe that she wasn't capable of planning such a stunt when she realized she wouldn't have their support. She let her fans project their feelings of shame onto Justin. But it wasn't his problem or place to assuage their shame.

Justin will probably have Janet at the Super Bowl. Her fans want Justin to treat her like a powerless little girl so I believe Justin will oblige and give them what they want. And they still won't be happy.

by Anonymousreply 65January 17, 2018 12:14 AM

Millennials don't know who Justin Timberlake is. They think it's their dad's idol, like how we think the Beatles or Elvis are our dad's.

by Anonymousreply 66January 17, 2018 12:19 AM

[quote] Millennials don't know who Justin Timberlake is.

Then maybe there is hope for the future after all.

by Anonymousreply 67January 17, 2018 12:23 AM

They also don't know who Janet Jackson is.

by Anonymousreply 68January 17, 2018 12:26 AM

R65, you sure are stuck on stupid.

Justin’s penchant for being a little bitch aside (the SB 180, his embarrassing Punk’d episode, etc.), he was a complete ass for the way he treated Janet, an icon who he himself looked up to. He was seen right after the incident whooping it up backstage, and then days later repenting on tv talking about how disgusted he was. As for Janet’s career at the time, she was still at the top of her game. Her previous album had been another number 1 and gave her her biggest first week sales ever, she’d won awards for it including a Grammy and Billboard award, her singles were huge, she’d toured and had been honored as an MTV icon, etc. The NFL wouldn’t have gotten her to headline the halftime show if she wasn’t hot. Her mistake was asking Timberwuss to come out at the end. He apologized (somewhat) years later, but unless he performs at this year’s halftime show wearing a JANET, I’M SORRY t-shirt while performing a rendition of her hit song “Come Back to Me”, he will continue to look like the punk bitch that he truly is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 17, 2018 12:35 AM

I do love when Twitter reads him for filth whenever he makes some grandstanding comment about women’s/minority issues.

by Anonymousreply 70January 17, 2018 12:37 AM

Janet was already aging out when the SuperBowl tittie thing happened, it really wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

by Anonymousreply 71January 17, 2018 12:37 AM

No, just don't accept your version of events, R69. Guess that's why you have resorted to name-calling.

Also, the Super Bowl is often hosted by musicians in the twilight of their careers. Are you saying that Timberlake's career is currently "hot"?

by Anonymousreply 72January 17, 2018 12:39 AM

[quote]They also don't know who Janet Jackson is.

Excuse me?

by Anonymousreply 73January 17, 2018 12:40 AM

R72 is one of Justina’s cuzzins.

by Anonymousreply 74January 17, 2018 12:43 AM

R73, the oldest millennials just turned 35. Britney and Beyoncé are 36. Christina Aguilera is 37. Usher is 39.

Janet has never been on the radar of most millennials.

by Anonymousreply 75January 17, 2018 12:47 AM

R74 is one of Janet's cuzzins.

by Anonymousreply 76January 17, 2018 12:48 AM

[quote] Janet has never been on the radar of most millennials.

She was on [italic]Good Times[/italic] and [italic]Diff'rent Strokes[/italic] before they were born. The first millennials were babies when "Rhythm Nation" came out.

by Anonymousreply 77January 17, 2018 12:55 AM

Some of you need to get out more. Janet Jackson is a pop icon and is known by both young and old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 17, 2018 1:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 17, 2018 1:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 17, 2018 1:02 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 17, 2018 1:03 AM

How did Ariana get this t-shirt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 17, 2018 1:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 17, 2018 1:03 AM

One can buy shirts like that of celebrities from the 1950s. So what, R82?

Also, try looking up videos of schoolkids singing other artists, too. Posting a bunch of random YouTube videos isn't proving your point.

by Anonymousreply 84January 17, 2018 1:05 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 17, 2018 1:06 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 17, 2018 1:06 AM

It's just a shirt.

by Anonymousreply 87January 17, 2018 1:07 AM

Katy Perry. Millennial. Sampling Janet song “What Have You Done For Me Lately” on tour...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 17, 2018 1:09 AM

It's very common for singers to cover/sample old songs. So what?

by Anonymousreply 89January 17, 2018 1:10 AM

Lady Gaga. Millennial. Considers Janet a legend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 17, 2018 1:10 AM

The statement was made that millennials don’t know who Janet Jackson is, and some proof was made to the contrary. Why is this so difficult for some to comprehend?

by Anonymousreply 91January 17, 2018 1:12 AM

You're talking about SINGERS. I'm talking about everyday Millennials. But you're missing the point on purpose. Don't worry. I'll take the time to explain who Janet is to the millennials I know to cheer you up.

by Anonymousreply 92January 17, 2018 1:13 AM

Biebs loves him some Janet...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 17, 2018 1:14 AM

[quote]You're talking about SINGERS.

And singers can’t be millennials? You didn’t specify at first whether or not these pop culture knowledge bereft “millennials” you were referring to were singers or everyday people.

And don’t worry, sweetie. Plenty of millennials I know (and you, too 😉) are well aware of who Janet Jackson—the woman who helped to create the blueprint for many of their own favorite artists—is.

by Anonymousreply 94January 17, 2018 1:19 AM

Janet's "Velvet Rope" album was popular with my millennial middle school class, FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 95January 17, 2018 4:06 AM

Never liked him. He has a shrill voice, he's annoying, and he comes across as really, really stupid.

by Anonymousreply 96January 17, 2018 4:15 AM

[69] Justin only pretend to be a fan of Janet. Around that time Janet was the biggest artist around that time. Therefore, the people who chose Justine to be the breakout star motion him into being fans of both Janet and Michael. Justine is a lover of country music, but a taker of Black and Pop music. This dude wrote songs for Reba McEntire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 17, 2018 6:00 AM

Already dropped 18 spots to 26 lol Bye bitch!!

by Anonymousreply 98January 19, 2018 9:42 PM

Damn...the song is pretty whack though. Let's see if the other three songs give him a hit.

by Anonymousreply 99January 19, 2018 11:12 PM

He ovah.

by Anonymousreply 100January 20, 2018 12:07 AM

Who is his audience? I feel like his audience from back in the day grew out of him(like me) and the kids this day and age thinks he's too old and grandpa-y.

by Anonymousreply 101January 20, 2018 1:14 AM

Kiddies loved his Trolls song but doubt they’re even aware of his current “comeback” - two new videos released so far

by Anonymousreply 102January 20, 2018 1:16 PM

Disney will rue the day they made him a Mouseketeer.

by Anonymousreply 103January 20, 2018 1:20 PM

I loved Louis Virtel’s comment on Twitter (paraphrasing): I have no choice but to call this album Broanne.

And someone else said, I have a feeling JTs going to tell us all about whiskey.

LMFAO

by Anonymousreply 104January 20, 2018 1:39 PM

I don't get Louis Virtel's joke about "Broanne," r104. Can you explain, please?

by Anonymousreply 105January 20, 2018 4:50 PM

Not r104 but I think it’s a lady Gaga reference

by Anonymousreply 106January 21, 2018 2:04 AM

[quote]Already dropped 18 spots to 26 lol Bye bitch!!

No, it actually dropped 20 spots to 29 in its second week.

Bye, Bye, Bye!

by Anonymousreply 107January 29, 2018 8:39 PM

Did he come out with two more videos last Friday and the Friday before last?

by Anonymousreply 108January 29, 2018 8:50 PM

He means the Bro version of Joanne.

But I’m also wondering about the 2 other songs. It was supposed to be 4 released before the super bowl.

by Anonymousreply 109January 29, 2018 8:59 PM

R109 yeah that's what I heard too..did they drop it because of the lack luster of the current single?

by Anonymousreply 110January 29, 2018 9:05 PM

There’s been 3 new songs / vids so far, the first one was awesome, I need to check out the other 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 31, 2018 11:41 AM

Hi Justin @ R111. Hope you're in the studio recording some new music to repackage your shitty new album with. All I hear on the radio is your old stuff.

by Anonymousreply 112January 31, 2018 11:54 AM

why they choose this tired bitch to sing at superbowl????

slim pickens i guess..

by Anonymousreply 113January 31, 2018 11:55 AM

I will never forgive him for “Can’t Stop the Feeling” which was the most cynical, blatant and thirsty play for Song of the Summer EVER. It was as if it was engineered in a lab to claim that title in 2016. God bless Drake for “One Dance” which cock blocked it in a big way. JT is so over confident in his talent. You can see it in his smug face whenever he is doing those dreadful “Bring it on down to Shitville” skits on SNL. He’s like that annoying shitty kid who stops an adult party to do a breakdance and then cloyingly waits for applause and adulation. Next.

by Anonymousreply 114January 31, 2018 1:09 PM

His current vibe is a rich closet cased married to your sister. He invites you to their house in _______ (Stowe, Park City, Verbier) and he's fun and friendly but he's also a dick and a bit competitive on the slope, and at the restaurant, and dropping names, and also you get a feeling he wants to suck your dick and you do kind of want to lick his ass but then you remember that's your sisters job.

by Anonymousreply 115January 31, 2018 1:22 PM

You have a rich imaginative life r115.

by Anonymousreply 116January 31, 2018 1:26 PM

The Grammys just came and went. Not one sign of Timberlake. He was been replaced by Bruno Mars.

by Anonymousreply 117January 31, 2018 2:35 PM

He'll probably do just fine for an almost 40 year old. But R117 is correct. Bruno Mars has taken his place.

by Anonymousreply 118January 31, 2018 2:47 PM

JT's new album will outsell Bruno's by 2-to-1. And Justin's concert tour sold-out in minutes and will gross far more than Bruno's.

by Anonymousreply 119January 31, 2018 4:17 PM

The new single was also #1 on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 120January 31, 2018 4:19 PM

JC Chasez was the one with all the hits in N'Sync. The suits decided JC was too gay to pimp out solo, so they focused on Justin. Started with that horrible Pop song, then had a couple of good dance songs and nothing real since. And I had to hear that horrible Suit & Tie at every noncool trying to be cool, corporate event. Also, I have never heard a celebrity talk about Justin in a good "friend"!kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 121January 31, 2018 5:37 PM

I really like the song Justin did with Chris Stapleton. He should do more of this type of music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 31, 2018 5:40 PM

He’s a big copycat. He used to want to be the second coming of MJ. With Suit & Tie, he co-opted Robin Thicke’s dapper persona to the letter, trading his usual bro/yo-boy wear for sleek, tailored suits and going so far as to straighten and slick down his naturally curly hair. Now he’s attempting to put out the male Lemonade and Joanne. And the nerve of this cat to not only do the SB again after leaving Janet out in the cold in 2004, but to film that latest clip with Chris Stapleton at the Bradbury Building in LA, which is where part of Janet’s Rhythm Nation mini-movie was filmed, and then hold an upcoming listening party for his album at Prince’s Paisley Park when he threw Prince shade in a song years ago...this dude needs a reality check. To be honest, I think his flopping singles are the begging of one.

by Anonymousreply 123January 31, 2018 6:42 PM

*beginning of one.

by Anonymousreply 124January 31, 2018 6:43 PM

[quote]JT's new album will outsell Bruno's by 2-to-1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 31, 2018 7:40 PM

R122 God, that was boring.

by Anonymousreply 126January 31, 2018 7:46 PM

Where’s number 3?

by Anonymousreply 127January 31, 2018 7:47 PM

[quote]The new single was also #1 on iTunes.

That is off the power of Chris Stapleton, who is hot right now, not Timberlake.

by Anonymousreply 128January 31, 2018 7:49 PM

The problem he is going to have is that those two singles (the first one that bombed and this new one) don't sound like they are from the same artist, much less CD.

What is he trying to sell? His usual, blackish dance music? Or country?

by Anonymousreply 129January 31, 2018 8:37 PM

R121 is right. Beautiful, charismatic, golden-throated JC Chasez deserves the success Justin has enjoyed these past 15 years, and everyone including him knows it.

Timberlake was embarrassing to listen to back in 2006 when every clueless & tasteless generic-radio listener was squealing about him. He’s worse now.

by Anonymousreply 130January 31, 2018 9:19 PM

[quote]JC Chasez was the one with all the hits in N'Sync.

This is like the hilarious myth that Flo was the Supreme who had all the talent.

No.

If JC had so much talent, why did his solo career go absolutely nowhere?

Timberlake is a manufactured talent, but he had more of it than the rest of the group. Can Lance Bass even hold a tune?

by Anonymousreply 131January 31, 2018 9:38 PM

Wow he looks so old in that video but it fits his age. This song has a more mature sound to it which could get him the older, more mature audience since the youngins aren't into him.

by Anonymousreply 132January 31, 2018 9:58 PM

JC’s solo disc is amazing, and better than anything I’ve ever heard from Justina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 31, 2018 11:21 PM

^^^I blast ‘Schizophrenic’ even now, and I don’t have a single JT joint downloaded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 31, 2018 11:47 PM

Justin is now behind trends

by Anonymousreply 135January 31, 2018 11:54 PM

The problem is that he's getting too old for pop music. He has a decent voice, I think he should have gone the Michael Buble route and done the great american song book, or maybe some old school jazz/R&B stuff.

Whatever he's doing now is just embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 136February 1, 2018 12:06 AM

R128- You’re right about that song being all about Stapleton, but the song sounds like it’s all chorus, not much of a song there. I do however love Justin’s jeans and flannel look. I’m sure if the camera panned down, we would see he was wearing some kickin’ Cowboy boots or maybe work boots - he is a ‘Man of the Woods’ after all.

by Anonymousreply 137February 1, 2018 12:23 AM

R136, Justin hasn't done pop music in over a decade, except for that song from Trolls. All of his music from this decade has been R&B. MOTW is R&B/Country.

by Anonymousreply 138February 1, 2018 2:05 AM

JC was hot to look at but no charisma. That’s the “it factor,” Justin had tons of it and JC didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 139February 1, 2018 2:22 AM

RCA under Lou Pearlman was setting Justin Timberlake up to be the solo artist from the beginning. As mentioned before, and even a Google research can show you JT is the only one to not talk about the sexual abuse claims Lou Pearlman had. The only one....that's rather telling. When Nysnc went to Jive Records, J.C was given more opportunities such as writing and producing songs for other artist from Boyz and Girlz, to Basement Jaxx, just to name a few. J.C was the one who even had a song where he featured as a solo artist which was with the girl group, Blaque.

However, things went down hill when JT announced he wanted to go solo in 2001. Since JT was the youngest and the fan favorite like that of Nick Carter, Jive wanted both young men to put out an album and who ever did the best, got the promotions, and collabs in the future. JT out shined N. Carter by a long shot with Justified. Cry Me A River was a hit along with Like I Love You, prior. As a result of J.T's success, J.C was pushed to the back burner, leaving him to pick up the scraps of a potential album. Of course then JT had the Super Bowl and we all know how that ended. J.C's show was kicked to the curve and Blow Me Over With Her Love was doing fair. When his solo CD finally came out, it was a bomb. But he had little to no promotion and help. J.T offered to help with some songs which can be heard on Yesterday but his next album never came out, and he was dropped by Jive and went on to do shows like American's Best Dance Crew, and not much since besides for a little indie movie.

JT was young and had charism; record companies usually want to invest in the young men who are the fan favorites of the group. Like N. Carter was for BSB, JT was for Nsync. And Jesse McCartnery was for Dream Street. J.T had a some what good record with Future Sex, Love Sounds, and 20/20 almost sold a million copies in one week.

But that was in 2013 and now it's 2018, and his fan base has grown and moved on. The first song Filthy was horrible but this song, although I don't like it, he's pandering to the mature, country audience that he now desires. Which is a smart business move since country music is more for those who are mature in age due to the mellow tone, and heart felt melodies. With an annual salary of 36 million, he can afford key players such as Timbaland, and Pharrell and this dude here. And if the rumors are true about him and black men, or him and his bisexuality, then I'm sure they too are happy campers.

by Anonymousreply 140February 1, 2018 2:44 AM

"We are now approaching the 12th year of the national delusion that Justin Timberlake remains an essential pop star."

-- Today's New York Times.

by Anonymousreply 141February 1, 2018 1:58 PM

Here's the NYTImes article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142February 1, 2018 3:07 PM

I listend to one of the songs on iTunes. It was about buying a generator because the end of the world is coming. It was shockingly bad.

by Anonymousreply 143February 1, 2018 3:12 PM

[quote] The problem is that he's getting too old for pop music. He has a decent voice, I think he should have gone the Michael Buble route and done the great american song book, or maybe some old school jazz/R&B stuff.

He doesn't have a voice that is distinctive enough to be interesting singing jazz or standards. His falsetto is abominable and the rest is just a whiny, breathless wheeze.

by Anonymousreply 144February 1, 2018 3:23 PM

I hope Justin has Chris Stapleton as a guest at the Super Bowl.

by Anonymousreply 145February 1, 2018 4:10 PM

I hope Chris Stapleton has Justin as the guest at the Super Bowl.

by Anonymousreply 146February 1, 2018 4:12 PM

The teaser, tracklist, and even the title all sound like conceptual work product that you come up with while planning an album, that aren't supposed to be released to the public. This is just embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 147February 1, 2018 4:25 PM

He decided to become a grand lesbian. Er. thespian. Music audience moved on.

Seriously, no-one takes a male Twink pop star seriously for the length of a music career. Justin wasn't even all that bad. Not very authentic, though.

by Anonymousreply 148February 1, 2018 4:28 PM

He should do more country collaborations. I think that is the music scene to watch now.

by Anonymousreply 149February 1, 2018 4:32 PM

He should probably figure out how to fucking act and try to make a go of that.

by Anonymousreply 150February 1, 2018 4:36 PM

On music forums I am reading, he and the album are being trashed.

by Anonymousreply 151February 1, 2018 5:01 PM

He's going to have a huge audience this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 152February 1, 2018 5:04 PM

Justin's video at R122 already has 15 million views. Judging from the comment section, people are loving it and want to see more of this from Justin.

by Anonymousreply 153February 1, 2018 5:09 PM

15 million views isn't even much for a big pop star. I figured any of the three new MVs would've gotten at least 100m by now, but I guess we'll see after the Superbowl.

by Anonymousreply 154February 1, 2018 5:27 PM

[quote]I hope Justin has Chris Stapleton as a guest at the Super Bowl.

Will he be ripping part of Chris’s top off?

by Anonymousreply 155February 1, 2018 5:53 PM

Only if that is how they choreographed and practiced it.

by Anonymousreply 156February 1, 2018 6:07 PM

I generally enjoy Timberlake's junk-pop, but Filthy isn't interesting at all. The rest of America apparently agrees because the song bombed.

Sadly the follow-up song is terrible too!

by Anonymousreply 157February 1, 2018 6:13 PM

R153, people don't waste time going to Youtube channels they don't like...so no shit all his fans are going to like his work....they're his fans!

by Anonymousreply 158February 1, 2018 6:24 PM

He’s a punk. Ever since he showed his true colors with Janet I’ve been so done with him.

by Anonymousreply 159February 1, 2018 6:25 PM

But you're still showing up in his threads over 15 years later?

by Anonymousreply 160February 1, 2018 6:30 PM

R144 his struggle-falsetto is the most entertaining thing about him.

by Anonymousreply 161February 1, 2018 6:34 PM

Epitome of white male privilege. And he's ageing badly too.

by Anonymousreply 162February 1, 2018 7:05 PM

He is pretty boring, well always has been...

by Anonymousreply 163February 1, 2018 7:08 PM

Well he has had a remarkably successful career for someone so mediocre and moderately talented. I never bought his hype but have always admired his hustle.

by Anonymousreply 164February 1, 2018 7:20 PM

Metacritic score of 61. Ouch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165February 1, 2018 9:13 PM

critics or listeners, r165?

by Anonymousreply 166February 1, 2018 9:17 PM

The more social media attacks successful white artists like Justin, Taylor and Ed, the more they sell. All of their songs and albums were trashed, and yet they managed to outsell everyone else by a mile.

by Anonymousreply 167February 1, 2018 9:47 PM

Gee, new album already number one. We should all be so over.

by Anonymousreply 168February 2, 2018 5:59 PM

Christ, he's not even 40 yet but how did he age so poorly?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169February 2, 2018 6:02 PM

And he's hosting the Super Bowl halftime show, R168. He's the only performer to appear 3x at the Super Bowl. I wish I could be a "failure" like him.

by Anonymousreply 170February 2, 2018 6:04 PM

Not over yet apparently. I'm not a fan, particularly, but has-beens don't go to #1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171February 2, 2018 6:09 PM

R169 drugs and alcohol

by Anonymousreply 172February 2, 2018 11:08 PM

Musical performers like JT are so odd to me because I do not get the sense they even like music all that much. Like Madonna, performing music is their platform for media attention and a way to secure other lucrative entertainment outlets like movies and fashion.

by Anonymousreply 173February 2, 2018 11:38 PM

[quote][bold]As Justin Timberlake's 'Man Of The Woods' Is Released, We Chart The Rise And Fall Of His Coolness[/bold]

[quote]Over the course of his career, Justin Timberlake has gone from being one fifth of America’s favourite boyband to the most sought-after man in pop to, well, a bit of a cringe-fest, really, via stints on pretty much everywhere else on the cool spectrum.

[quote]With the release of his fourth album, he’s stepping back into the spotlight at an interesting time, and while he’s previously been pretty much as untouchable as a popstar gets, we’re curious to see whether he’s still able to hold onto his credibility this time around.

[quote]Justin’s return to the scene has inspired us to look back over his illustrious career in entertainment, charting the peaks and troughs of his coolness...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 2, 2018 11:59 PM

[quote] has-beens don't go to #1.

Tell that to the assholes of DL who called Janet over, even after her critically-lauded last album debuted at #1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175February 3, 2018 12:59 AM

Well is anyone else's album expected to come out this month? If no one else is coming out then of course he's going to be number one. If other albums are dropping in regards to hip hop or pop then there's a chance he'll lose that spot. But JT is smart; I doubt he'll release an album with big ball players as well.

by Anonymousreply 176February 3, 2018 1:35 AM

That song Filthy comes on radio where I live and I always laugh at the lyrics about meat. So bad, once a pop star becomes a parody of themselves it's over.

by Anonymousreply 177February 3, 2018 1:47 AM

R177, why does he call pussy meat? That I don't understand. For you bi guys out there, do you ever refer to pussy as meat? I read the lyrics and he's not talking about his dick.

by Anonymousreply 178February 3, 2018 2:14 AM

Someone on Twitter is posting all the horrible reviews, next to pics of Britney laughing her ass off. It's pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 179February 3, 2018 2:28 AM

Meat is cock

by Anonymousreply 180February 3, 2018 2:52 AM

OH CHRIST! WHO THE FUCK SUMMONED JANBOT!?!? SHOW YOUSELF!!!

by Anonymousreply 181February 3, 2018 3:16 AM

Summoned? Janbot has been here creating threads ever since JT was announced for the SB!

by Anonymousreply 182February 3, 2018 3:20 AM

JT has always been fugly, with his (Slavic?) nose.

by Anonymousreply 183February 3, 2018 3:34 AM

Slavic? Where do you get that from?

by Anonymousreply 184February 3, 2018 3:40 AM

Filthy's performance on Billboard: #9 - #23 - #33. Not good

by Anonymousreply 185February 3, 2018 3:48 AM

It looks that way to me! But I now Googled, and see it's more of the unfortunate Windsor (e.g., William) type, as Justin is of English, Welsh, German, and Dutch heritage.

by Anonymousreply 186February 3, 2018 3:50 AM

I just listened to the full album on Spotify and I liked it. Midnight Summer Jam, Higher Higher, Montana, Breeze Off the Pond and Living Off the Land are sublime. The production is insane. This is a great album to play at your lake house or on vacation.

MOTW is for sure better than Gaga's 'Dead Aunt' album.

by Anonymousreply 187February 3, 2018 4:05 AM

^^Nice try, Jussie. Nothing on your shit album can touch JOANNE’s Diamond Heart, Dancing in Circles, Perfect Illusion, Hey Girl or Million Reasons.

by Anonymousreply 188February 3, 2018 11:08 AM

Most slavs have much nicer noses

by Anonymousreply 189February 3, 2018 2:03 PM

This should be interesting:

Super Bowl Halftime Show Will Reportedly Feature Prince Hologram

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190February 3, 2018 8:37 PM

[quote]This is a great album to play at your lake house or on vacation.

So, in other words: It's something you will only want to listen to for one week. Two tops Got it.

by Anonymousreply 191February 3, 2018 8:56 PM

That must be a whack ass vacation or lake house if you're stuck inside listening to JT as a way to "get away".

by Anonymousreply 192February 3, 2018 8:59 PM

[quote]This is a great album to play at your lake house or listen to on your private Jet or your country home in Provence or in your Bentley convertible whilst you cruise the Via Veneto.

by Anonymousreply 193February 3, 2018 10:09 PM

Justin is getting dragged on Twitter again for including a Prince hologram in his Super Bowl Show.

Apparently, Prince hated Timberlake. But why would Justin want to be upstaged in his own act?

by Anonymousreply 194February 3, 2018 10:10 PM

The Prince hologram story is fake. Why do you want to drag Justin so badly?

by Anonymousreply 195February 3, 2018 10:42 PM

[quote]The Prince hologram story is fake.

It is reported everywhere. I bet princess changed his mind when he got so much blowback.

by Anonymousreply 196February 3, 2018 10:46 PM

It was never true, so nothing to change.

by Anonymousreply 197February 3, 2018 10:52 PM

R197 It is ALL OVER Twitter, fangirl.

by Anonymousreply 198February 3, 2018 11:23 PM

Filthy's .69 on iTunes. Even Mariah had the decency to go .99 for Loverboy.

by Anonymousreply 199February 4, 2018 12:00 AM

Hits Daily Double says he's tracking about 300,000-350,000... so not really. Could've been worse in today's climate.

I was hoping less than 200k.

by Anonymousreply 200February 4, 2018 12:01 AM

what really irks me about JT was that when Prince died, JT wrote some fake ass tribute on twitter even though JT was a dick to Prince when he was alive, and they had a famous feud.

by Anonymousreply 201February 4, 2018 1:18 AM

he been over for 5 yrs

rather see n snyc than him

he fug

by Anonymousreply 202February 4, 2018 1:21 AM

damn he look like old man

wtf he do? blow booze n cigs non stop???

by Anonymousreply 203February 4, 2018 1:22 AM

Prince's family refused the idea of the hologram tribute. ( Prince couldn't stand him anyway.) But Justin's team clearly put out the story anyway to drum up interest. This comes after using Janet Jackson's name for weeks.

You would think someone who's had an almost fifteen year solo career and sold millions of copies would be able to bring in viewers on their own name. Gaga and Perry did.

by Anonymousreply 204February 4, 2018 1:31 AM

Justin has stayed a superstar far longer than Prince did. Prince was pretty much a has-been when he died. He hadn't had a hit in decades.

Prince was the better artist, but Justin the bigger star.

by Anonymousreply 205February 4, 2018 1:57 AM

They have to do a tribute to Prince. The SB is being held in his hometown and Prince gave a very memorable halftime SB performance.

I'm sure whatever it is the tribute has been pre-approved by Prince's people.

by Anonymousreply 206February 4, 2018 2:17 AM

R201 what did Prince and JT feud about?

Slavs are generally a hell of a lot more attractive than JT. Much better bone structure, for a start. Considerably less likely to look like a human crossed with a ferret.

by Anonymousreply 207February 4, 2018 2:34 AM

R207 apparently JT dissed them(JJ and Prince) on a never released song in 2006.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208February 4, 2018 2:57 AM

After JT put out SexyBack, Prince said sexy never left. Then JT did this diss on a song with Timbaland and Nelly Furtado "Give it To Me": "We missed you on the charts last week / Damn, that’s right you wasn’t there / Now if se-sexy never left, then why is everybody on my shi-i-it? / Don’t hate on me just because you didn’t come up with it"

Shortly after that, Prince won a Golden Globe for Best Original song for Happy Feet, Justin was presenting the award. Prince was not there so JT accepted on his behalf and mocked Prince's height. He's a dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209February 4, 2018 3:00 AM

Prince and Justin obviously wanted to fuck, since they're both closet-cases, so I chalk up their little catfight to nothing more than misdirected sexual tension.

by Anonymousreply 210February 4, 2018 3:52 AM

Nah, Prince was known to be bisexual; he wasn't shy about that at all R210. He admitted in interviews he had flings with men and women but romantically preferred women.

by Anonymousreply 211February 4, 2018 4:06 AM

[quote]Justin has stayed a superstar far longer than Prince did. Prince was pretty much a has-been when he died. He hadn't had a hit in decades. Prince was the better artist, but Justin the bigger star.

What the fuck kind of bullshit fuckery is this? So stupid. So blasphemous. Justin Fucking Timberlake is a bigger star than Prince? 😅😂😂😅😃 My god, you must be a damned millennial. It’s the only reason I can come up with to rationalize such a blatantly ignorant, heinous comment. Prince is a prolific legend who was making hits for himself and countless others and winning awards when Justin Timberwimp was nothing more than a tingle in his daddy’s nutsack. When you attain the kind of legendary status that Prince has, it’s no longer about being a “star”. He’d been there, done that and had decades worth of albums and hits to prove it. And he certainly didn’t have anything to prove when it came to his influential status in the industry, especially when it came to some curly headed punk from a manufactured boyband who happened to be the lucky one plucked from said band and paired with the producers du jour in order to give him a solo career.

In other words, Prince said it best...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212February 4, 2018 5:35 AM

I don't believe he should have gotten into the closet.

by Anonymousreply 213February 4, 2018 5:50 AM

If Justin's (still) a superstar it's only because he was a semi-cute white boy who sucked all the right dick along the way, his entire career. Prince was a black songwriter, a musical genius but one that vocally opposed the people at the top ($$$) - a big NO NO - and was punished for it. It's no contest who's more talented or important in rock history, don't be fooled!

by Anonymousreply 214February 4, 2018 6:11 AM

Prince had endless talent. JT has just always been a vain, thirsty little bitch who'd do anything for money and fame.

by Anonymousreply 215February 4, 2018 6:14 AM

And yet Justin is at number 1 again, & performing for millions this evening

by Anonymousreply 216February 4, 2018 2:14 PM

Playing it nonstop on my yacht. The girls love it, and JT too. He sure gets their pussies moist and ready!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217February 4, 2018 2:19 PM

Grow up, r216!

by Anonymousreply 218February 4, 2018 2:22 PM

In what alleged interviews did Prince admit to having affairs with men? What interviews did Prince ever say, "I am bisexual"?

There are none, are there?

A few lyrics on his first two albums are NOT a declaration of bisexuality on Prince's part.

Instead of "bi erasure," now bis are appropriating Prince without he himself designating himself as bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 219February 4, 2018 2:40 PM

As recent as two years before his death, Prince was anti-bi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220February 4, 2018 2:44 PM

Prince is the only man who can wear heel and lace and still be sexy. Watch the rock and roll hall of fame tribute to George Harrison to see what a amazing guitarist he was. The older Timberlake gets, the more obvious the desperation to be relevant/cool/sexy shows. Prince never had to re-invent himself every couple of years to stay relevant. He might not of had hits, but he was always relevant.

by Anonymousreply 221February 4, 2018 3:02 PM

Prince didn't need to rely on other artists to help push his Superbowl performance either.

Justin's used Janet and Prince to try and generate interest in his. Again, if you're that big and interesting a star, you don't need another artist to swamp your own performance. Madonna and Perry brought guest artists with them, but they were the headliners, and they made sure that you knew that.

Meanwhile, #Justice for Janet is trending on Twitter today. Justin's being overshadowed at his own Superbowl.

by Anonymousreply 222February 4, 2018 3:30 PM

This song on his new album is one of the best songs released in recent memory. It's orgasmic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223February 4, 2018 3:57 PM

R223 Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 224February 4, 2018 4:11 PM

[quote]Prince is the only man who can wear heel and lace and still be sexy. Watch the rock and roll hall of fame tribute to George Harrison to see what a amazing guitarist he was. The older Timberlake gets, the more obvious the desperation to be relevant/cool/sexy shows. Prince never had to re-invent himself every couple of years to stay relevant. He might not of had hits, but he was always relevant.

Sexy for some. I never found him particularly sexy but there's no denying he was very sexual.

And Prince never reinvented himself? The guy even changed changed his name, twice.

by Anonymousreply 225February 4, 2018 4:13 PM

He's always been over for me. Can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 226February 4, 2018 4:27 PM

Justin is doing a big concert in Minneapolis today. Funny thing is, they are going to try and play football during the concert. Strange.

by Anonymousreply 227February 4, 2018 4:44 PM

I never found Prince to be sexy. I always thought he was ugly.

Justin is now ugly. That seemed to happen overnight.

by Anonymousreply 228February 4, 2018 4:47 PM

Justin sucked a lot of dicks-that is true. He likes them black.

by Anonymousreply 229February 4, 2018 9:32 PM

Cool. Does Justin have a blown out hole and make a good prolapsed rose?

by Anonymousreply 230February 4, 2018 9:44 PM

I’ll let you know after I’m done fucking him tonight

by Anonymousreply 231February 4, 2018 11:39 PM

Literally every big name could drop an album and be number one right now, but this bastard's songs are sinking fast on radio without radio he's over like Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 232February 4, 2018 11:44 PM

It's not hard these days to get a #1, you really only need to sell 100,000. He is projected to sell 300,000 but will drop hard next week. His streaming numbers are low.

by Anonymousreply 233February 4, 2018 11:52 PM

I'm ready for a Britney half time show. Fuck Jussy!

by Anonymousreply 234February 4, 2018 11:59 PM

Yep without streaming and radio his songs are going to keep dropping on the charts!

by Anonymousreply 235February 5, 2018 12:01 AM

The knives are out for him on Twitter, hoping his performance will bomb.

by Anonymousreply 236February 5, 2018 12:07 AM

Cant stop the feeing should Be okay but his new songs suck ass

by Anonymousreply 237February 5, 2018 12:13 AM

Terrible he can't sing live lol why is he still performing like he's in his twenties still.

by Anonymousreply 238February 5, 2018 12:21 AM

I Would Die 4 U.

by Anonymousreply 239February 5, 2018 12:29 AM

I'm embarrassed to say that Filthy song is growing on me. I know it's complete shit but I can't not listen to it if I hear it on the radio.

by Anonymousreply 240February 5, 2018 1:12 AM

Lame half-time.

by Anonymousreply 241February 5, 2018 1:31 AM

So it wasn't exactly a hologram but more of a projection?

by Anonymousreply 242February 5, 2018 1:43 AM

He's ok I guess, he just knew the right ppl to work with when he was solo, JC was a much better singer then he was, the diference is that JT was probably smarter.. but with so many new talents he has already lost his position of "prince of pop", he sucks as an actor, we know he gets those jobs because he is beautiful and famous. I´ve heard he has assaulted an actress while filming ? I wonder when the stories on him will come up, it will definitely affect his carreer, he's probably spending money now, to keep those stories from the media.. Also, if the gay rumours are true, it should come out someday, I don't know why he hides so desperately, while he was in a boyband.. ok ? but now ? lance has already thrown a shade at him once, JT, JC and Lance are gay, right ?

by Anonymousreply 243February 5, 2018 1:45 AM

I love that Twitter is totally dragging his ass over his halftime performance.

It is running 90/10 Con/Pro.

by Anonymousreply 244February 5, 2018 1:50 AM

Twitter is brutal.

The meme is the young kid Justin took a selfie with Googling "What is Justin Timberlake?"

by Anonymousreply 245February 5, 2018 1:52 AM

I disagree that he's ugly. He's got a split bulb on his nose, but most women find that sexy (it makes the nose look like a glans).

by Anonymousreply 246February 5, 2018 1:53 AM

He still has his biggest fan Jimmy Fallon

by Anonymousreply 247February 5, 2018 1:56 AM

Speaking of Fallon, JT is now opening The Tonight Show. Enough!

by Anonymousreply 248February 5, 2018 4:25 AM

WTF on Fallon he is wearing a hunter orange sweatshirt. This Man of the Woods look needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 249February 5, 2018 4:28 AM

How has JT managed to grow so ugly? He was never anything special to look at, but now...

by Anonymousreply 250February 5, 2018 11:07 AM

His nose is almost touching his top lip and his eyes got buggier.

by Anonymousreply 251February 5, 2018 12:47 PM

Daily mail reporting that everyone underwhelmed by his performance at the super bowl

by Anonymousreply 252February 5, 2018 12:51 PM

I think Justin is going to have to get a new team. This era is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 253February 5, 2018 4:03 PM

Justin looks like somebody's dad now, and he is somebody's dad. The sexy is all dried up gurl

by Anonymousreply 254February 5, 2018 4:14 PM

JT is a narcissistic a*hole who constantly has to be the centre of attention, even with his own wife. He shades others to make himself feel better, and bring him more attention (Britney, Janet, Prince). Meanwhile, he probably let Lou blow him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255February 5, 2018 4:24 PM

I don't care enough to look up the sales or how well the first single is doing. I never got the appeal. He isn't handsome, he is arrogant and his voice is too high. Does he even play an instrument?

Just a product of the cookie cutter pop star machine that survived into adulthood. Still managing to hang on.

"If sexy never never left then why is everybody on my di-i-i-i-ick...?" Were not dude. You look like hell.

by Anonymousreply 256February 5, 2018 4:38 PM

The New York Times today is brutal. Basically calls him a bland has-been "heritage act."

by Anonymousreply 257February 5, 2018 4:40 PM

Yeah JT is for old people now...because the youth is awkward now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258February 5, 2018 6:06 PM

Prince was the best part of the show

by Anonymousreply 259February 5, 2018 6:10 PM

always thought he and all of the boy bands sucked

by Anonymousreply 260February 5, 2018 6:41 PM

Does that selfie kid have FAS? He looks so odd.

by Anonymousreply 261February 5, 2018 7:05 PM

To the idiot who says Prince was a has been, you could not be more wrong. Prince was the best at writing and performing music and he was very much loved by the people.

The people at the Super Bowl seemed to love Justin. I could barely hear his voice but he can dance like a motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 262February 5, 2018 7:12 PM

Justin is a good actor and believe it or not, so is Britney.

by Anonymousreply 263February 5, 2018 7:14 PM

[quote]Justin is a good actor

Ur, no, he is not. That is why there was an article in the LA Times last time he had a movie out entitled "Why is Justin Timberlake Still in Movies?"

by Anonymousreply 264February 5, 2018 7:44 PM

It may have played well live but the SuperBowl halftime show was pretty boring on 📺. I would have liked to see Justin parody the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction by jerking open his shirt at the end and exposing his nipple—maybe with a pastie covering it.

by Anonymousreply 265February 5, 2018 7:54 PM

He doesn't have the star power to pull it off alone.

by Anonymousreply 266February 5, 2018 7:57 PM

Yeah Justin's not a good actor. He plays himself in every movie. He's sucks good dick. Now Britney, she could act; I hate she's not in more movies.

by Anonymousreply 267February 5, 2018 8:56 PM

[quote]I would have liked to see Justin parody the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction by jerking open his shirt at the end and exposing his nipple—maybe with a pastie covering it.

Gurl the only thing that would've made this performance noteworthy is if he presented hole

by Anonymousreply 268February 5, 2018 8:59 PM

Highest-rated Super Bowl halftime show in history. Topped Beyonce, Gaga, Bruno and Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 269February 5, 2018 10:24 PM

r269 you have no receipts

by Anonymousreply 270February 5, 2018 10:28 PM

R269 is full of shit; it can easily be found online that Katy Perry follow by Lady Gaga had the highest viewers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271February 5, 2018 11:04 PM

No, r246; Big Dawg Bill is/was sexy despite his nose.

by Anonymousreply 272February 5, 2018 11:23 PM

It depends on how well his album and singles do after a couple weeks.

Super Bowl made his iTunes sales go up despite him being dog shit but that usually happens after a big performance like that.

It may end up selling like 350k first week and then drop out of the top 10 by week 3, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 273February 6, 2018 2:54 AM

Instead of him being everywhere, why can't it be ricky martin? So hot and such a nice guy who has fans everywhere. I know heaps of women who find him hotter than JT.

by Anonymousreply 274February 6, 2018 4:23 AM

So far, liking the new album a lot. I like the “Higher Higher” tune, it’s very catchy.

by Anonymousreply 275February 6, 2018 8:04 PM

R275 Fans are so cute.

by Anonymousreply 276February 6, 2018 8:09 PM

Now his estimated weekly sales are down to 250-275K, I guess it would have been better for him not to do the Superbowl.

by Anonymousreply 277February 6, 2018 9:52 PM

Selfie kid looks like Ellen, lol.

by Anonymousreply 278February 7, 2018 5:11 PM

Selfie kid is on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 279February 7, 2018 5:43 PM

My favorite thing about Justin Timberlake at the Super Bowl is reports that when he finished, he left the field and said, "I killed it!" . . . only to pull up social media on his phone.

by Anonymousreply 280February 7, 2018 5:45 PM

R280, that shits embarrassing. I'm sure he's really upset by the draaaaaaggggggg that he is getting everywhere! This is will more than likely go down in history as one of the worst Half Time Show performances. Just like Katy Perry went down for most viewed. Prince went down for over all awesome performance, and JT-worst show through out the years.

by Anonymousreply 281February 7, 2018 6:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282February 7, 2018 6:37 PM

R282 Enough.

by Anonymousreply 283February 7, 2018 6:58 PM

This is our inventory and it is priced to MOVE! Guaranteed NO STICKFISH!

[quote]"BIG DUMP"! (Hot & hung young men like to make, and eat, big brown!! 1 hr, all-new. top quality $35!)

[quote] "DADDY'S BIG DUMP"!! (Hot, hung Daddies & Sons get into the nastiest brown/yellow action you have ever seen! New, 1 hr, $35!)

[quote]"HORSEMEN"!! (You won't believe your eyes! Truly bizarre - and HOT - farm fun!! Brand new 2003 productions, $35 each. See inside under "Extra Heavy Duty" for details!)

ALL IN FULL COLOR MONO IN VHS.

by Anonymousreply 284February 7, 2018 7:39 PM

108, bitches! Almost as high as a Fleetwood Mac album released in the '70s!

Yo, yo, yo, I'm on FIA!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285June 2, 2018 3:34 PM

THAT was worth bumping a 4 month old thread?

by Anonymousreply 286June 2, 2018 3:55 PM

Filthy totally copied this, even with the futuristic aspects of the video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 2, 2018 4:03 PM

I see from lonely R286 that the Thread Police works even on weekends.

by Anonymousreply 288June 2, 2018 4:12 PM

Pop stars only have a limited amount of time to continue having #1 hits. They age, and they are seen by the young people who consume pop music that they are out of touch.

Someone 37 is going to have trouble appealing to high school students and college age kids who buy new music. That's not to say it's impossible, but it's going to be a lot harder than it was 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 289June 2, 2018 4:22 PM

[quote]Someone 37 is going to have trouble appealing to high school students and college age kids who buy new music.

It doesn't help if your latest music is shit.

by Anonymousreply 290June 2, 2018 4:27 PM

I think Beyonce might have one more album in her and then she's done being a Top 40 artist. She's held on longer than most.

by Anonymousreply 291June 2, 2018 4:30 PM

R291 When was the last time Beyonce had a big Top 40 hit?

Formation would have been one, but Tidal gave it away to promote Tidal. Not the smartest move.

Other than than song, most of the songs on her last two CDs were shit.

by Anonymousreply 292June 2, 2018 4:45 PM

[quote]Someone 37 is going to have trouble appealing to high school students and college age kids who buy new music. That's not to say it's impossible, but it's going to be a lot harder than it was 15 years ago.

It's mainly a female problem. Once a female singer hits 30, she's pretty much over. Top 40 radio programmers are mainly responsible for the blatant sexism. Rihanna should be able to get some hits with her next album, just because she's so huge, but it'll probably be her last chance. Gaga is praying that ASIB can revive her career.

Once females hit 30, they need to become album artists, like Beyonce and Streisand. That's where the money is anyway, along with touring and endorsement deals. Single sales have fallen off a cliff. If a single can debut with100k today, that's HUGE.

by Anonymousreply 293June 2, 2018 7:18 PM

Albums aren't where the money is, especially since more and more of those sales are from streaming as the years go by.

by Anonymousreply 294June 2, 2018 8:26 PM

It's 2021 and I feel like he needs to make a move now to savage what is left of his career. JT is a douche but he's miles more talented than Bieber, Styles and Mendes. JT was smart to do a single with SZA as she's the hottest R&B star right now. Usher and JT should do a single together because they're both of the same demographic and both want to make a comeback. We need high-energy R&B pop again.

by Anonymousreply 295January 20, 2021 6:38 PM

SZA would never

by Anonymousreply 296January 20, 2021 7:12 PM

Justin Timberlake looks better now than he ever did as a teen and young adult. I think having a kid brought out that glow. He lacks an identity as an artist and thats why his last album flopped and unlike Beyoncé he doesn't have a team of experts to study trends to guide him because he has a huge ego and thinks he knows better.

JT trying to act was the biggest error he ever made. As he cannot act and his choice of films weren't that great to warrant taking long breaks between albums. He was decent on SNL because he had comedic experience from the Mickey Mouse Club.

I doubt an NSYNC reunion tour will happen. They are all too old at this point to start now and everyone has moved on. JC and Lance made more money doing their business ventures than when in NSYNC.

by Anonymousreply 297January 20, 2021 7:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!