Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Any Uber drivers on here? Where should I sit?

My car is in the shop for a while, so I've been using Uber. I generally sit in the font seat, but, sometimes, the driver automatically opens the back door for me. If I were in a cab, I would sit in the back, but it feels different with an Uber. So...if there are any Uber or Lyft drivers on here, where would you prefer your rider sits? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 39January 20, 2018 11:47 AM

There's probably no Uber drivers on Datalounge. They are all out looking for a female passenger to rape and murder.

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2018 5:09 PM

I only sit in the back. They sometimes pull up the passenger seat so there's more leg room behind that seat anyway. And the mints and water bottles (for the ones who REALLY want that 5 star review) are always in the back.

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2018 5:11 PM

Whichever one makes it easier for you to give a hand- or blowjob to the Driver...

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2018 5:13 PM

Rider, not driver. Sit in the back, if you are asked to sit up front don't get in the car. What I've hear about the assaults in my area is that they have usually happened when the rider was in the front seat.

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2018 5:13 PM

When Lyft started in SF, you HAD to sit in the front because it was all about being SOCIAL! Ucch. Anyhow, now it's all the same. Sit in the back, drivers do not give a fuck as long as you tip and rate them 5 stars

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2018 5:15 PM

Why would you sit in the front unless the back seat was occupied? That’s just creepy.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2018 5:17 PM

r6 the people I know (including myself) who are from small/medium sized towns always sit in the front. Obviously, I don't do that in TO (I'm Canadian) but it's a common cultural thing outside big cities.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2018 5:26 PM

Does Uber even allow hatchbacks or are only five-door cars allowed?

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2018 5:46 PM

What happens when the windowless van pulls up and the only place to sit is on the mattress? What should I do?

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2018 5:59 PM

Tip in cash. Drivers don't know you tipped them till later otherwise. And uber doesn't allow tipping on the app. It's gross. Execs worth millions deciding people using their cars as credit cards don't deserve tips.

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Uber does allow tipping in app now

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2018 7:02 PM

I always tip on the card.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2018 7:41 PM

Only tip on the card. r10 clearly does not know what he's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2018 7:45 PM

Uber is a horribly unethical company that pays it's drivers low wages. Avoid them!

by Anonymousreply 14January 20, 2018 3:28 AM

Sit on the driver's lap, OP.

by Anonymousreply 15January 20, 2018 3:30 AM

Yeah for a while Lyft was all about sitting in the front, that is what you had to do.

Now they don't really care. Sit in the front, sit in the back. Whichever makes you happier. Just be polite, normal and an easy ride for them. That is all they want.

Well that and a tip, but I only tip for uber/lyft when I feel it is necessary. Most of my rides are the two miles home from the bars.

by Anonymousreply 16January 20, 2018 3:34 AM

[quote]R6 Why would you sit in the front unless the back seat was occupied? That’s just creepy.

Because the fact that the driver's dressed in street clothes (picking you up in their own, regular car) blurs the lines between customer/vendor, employer/employee.

It seems snobby to get in the back seat and say "Drive!" when it's just a regular car.

by Anonymousreply 17January 20, 2018 3:37 AM

Uber is just organized serial killing. Have some stranger with minimal credentials come pick you up? Sure what could possibly go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 18January 20, 2018 3:45 AM

But what credentials do a regular cab driver have?

by Anonymousreply 19January 20, 2018 3:51 AM

Background checks. Chauffer licenses from the state r19.

by Anonymousreply 20January 20, 2018 3:53 AM

There are background checks to drive for uber/lyft.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 20, 2018 3:55 AM

Umm, I always sit in the back

by Anonymousreply 22January 20, 2018 3:55 AM

To the cheap ass above who doesn't tip- I hope you are found in a ditch with a tire iron up your anus.

by Anonymousreply 23January 20, 2018 4:03 AM

Talk to a driver, most customers don't tip r23. I still have a great rating because I am nice and easy passenger.

And like I said, I tip sometimes, if I am doing a long ride to the airport or something. But nope, not on most rides. I am okay with that, sorry that it bugs you.

by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2018 4:07 AM

All of my group tips. You are cheap.

by Anonymousreply 25January 20, 2018 4:08 AM

R17 it is not "snobby" to sit in the backseat of a car where you don't know and are paying the driver. Cab drivers and livery drivers wear regular clothes and drive Shitty cars too. I just started using Lyft last year when I moved to Miami from NYC. If a Lyft/uber driver asked me to get in the front seat I would not get in the car. I've been harassed and assaulted by cab drivers and livery drivers in NYC over the years.

by Anonymousreply 26January 20, 2018 4:16 AM

R26 I wasn't clear. I should have said that it instinctively feels snobby to ME, when I'm in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 27January 20, 2018 4:22 AM

I always ride in the front.

by Anonymousreply 28January 20, 2018 4:29 AM

I am a regular passenger of the service; and I've learned three things about safety for all while using said service: First, sit in the back and immediately initiate conversation with your driver, using your 'strong' voice; it sets the tone for Control. (Yes, I am a "Uber Bitch," coincidentally.)

Second, do not accept the driver's offer of a power cord to charge your media device during the ride. (Oops, shit gets stolen.); and

Third, do not accept your driver's courteous offer of a 'bottled water/beverage' for a relaxing refreshment during the ride. (Oops, people who have done so have also awakened naked, raped, and robbed).

Keep 'em talking the whole way during the ride, and pay attention to your route. Do not lose yourself in your media devices during transport, ever.

Always, tip. They have your info and usage history.

by Anonymousreply 29January 20, 2018 4:32 AM

In a cab.

by Anonymousreply 30January 20, 2018 4:34 AM

Mary r29!

I haven't gone a week without using uber or lyft for the last 4 years, it really isn't that serious or require all those rules.

by Anonymousreply 31January 20, 2018 4:35 AM

How many times has R31 found himself drugged and naked because he didn't follow the rules!

by Anonymousreply 32January 20, 2018 4:47 AM

[quote]What happens when the windowless van pulls up and the only place to sit is on the mattress? What should I do?

Well Peggy Sue, you sit in the centre of the mattress, lay on your back, put your legs up in the air and think of England.

by Anonymousreply 33January 20, 2018 4:47 AM

I don't use Uber or Lyft. When I travel, I have used a cab and sat in the front seat, because I get car sick.

by Anonymousreply 34January 20, 2018 6:03 AM

Then why the hell did you comment your useless reply in this thread R34?

by Anonymousreply 35January 20, 2018 6:45 AM

Listen Judge Judy when was the last time you had a good fuck? Like never?

by Anonymousreply 36January 20, 2018 7:03 AM

Unless the driver is your mom, sit in the back.

by Anonymousreply 37January 20, 2018 7:43 AM

Even then R37 It can be dicey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 20, 2018 10:59 AM

R29 sweetie you’re not an Uber Bitch, you’re just a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 39January 20, 2018 11:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!