Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Simon Woods

Very appealing as Octavian during his later years on ROME and Mr. Bingley in PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. he dated Rosamound Pike for two years, but ended up marrying a man. But there's been nothing listed to his imdb credits since 2014. What's happened to him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2018 7:39 PM

Sorry--not since 2014; since all the way back in 2008! Where is he?

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2018 5:13 AM

My first thought was: great! One more AWG Brit actor for DL to obsess over. Particularly one no one remembers or has heard of.

OP, his gay husband, Christopher Bailey, is chief executive of the international Burberry label. In all likelihood, Simon is taking a break from acting while his multi-millionaire hubby brings home some bacon.

And who would blame him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2018 5:19 AM

[quote] My first thought was: great! One more AWG Brit actor for DL to obsess over.

Chill out, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2018 5:22 AM

Paul Bettany is getting all his roles.

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2018 5:29 AM

He and Bailey have two kids. He has been the housewife with no work to speak of.

A lucky golddigger, that one.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2018 5:56 AM

Simon let himself go.

He has retired from acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2018 6:03 AM

Either he was blackballed for coming out or he refused to put out and that's why h retired. I cannot believe someone would just retire and be someone's husband when he may have a chance at a decent career in acting even as an openly gay actor. Or is his husband that posessive that he wants him all for himself?

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2018 10:55 AM

Back in 2008, he wrote several essays about the election and its various players for HuffPo (he was a Hillary supporter). It did make me wonder WTF at the time, since as far as I know he wasn't an American citizen and didn't live in the US. Yes, I know non-citizens who don't live here take an interest in our elections, but still. Maybe he's writing now under a pseudonym or something. It's too bad he doesn't act anymore, he was excellent in Rome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2018 11:42 AM

He was excellent and drop-dead gorgeous in Rome. But I guess the current role of raising their kids at home suits him better. I won't judge.

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2018 11:57 AM

I think you’ve answered your own question. He clearly lost work after coming out. He was a stellar actor.

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2018 12:06 PM

I hated him in Rome. He was so literal and unsubtle with his performance.

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2018 12:24 PM

I always thought he was playing Octavian as an aspie?

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2018 12:36 PM

He was adorable in Cranford, that frau-filled British drama!

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2018 12:47 PM

[r5] his husband was the creative director of Burberry when they got together, no where as wealthy as he is now, so I doubt he is a golddigger. Plus he went to Eton, so I assume he comes from a well-off family.

by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2018 6:52 PM

I distinctly remember reading on IMDb boards back in the day that he left his girlfriend for a sculptor. Or was it a painter? I remember googling that guy at the time and it definitely wasn't Christopher Bailey. Perhaps that rumour was simply incorrect.

Anyway, here he is with Rosamund Pike, eyebrows totally in sync.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2018 7:01 PM

"Never again", vowed Rosamund, as she picked the straightest guy ever as her final partner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2018 7:02 PM

r15 maybe it was true. He and Rosamund were together when they were students at Oxford. That’s a good few years between being with Rosamund and meeting his husband and he must have had relationships in between.

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2018 7:23 PM

He is not attractive. Eyes so wide set they are falling off the side of his face.

by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2018 7:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!