Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Popjustice spoilers scene from first two episodes of Roseanne reboot

Roseanne and Jackie...

they haven't spoken in over a year, since the election. Jackie's first line is literally, "What's up, deplorable?" Followed soon by, "Knee still giving you trouble, Roseanne? Why don't you fix that with the new healthcare all you suckers got promised?" At one point she says, "Apparently all the weight you lost was the good Rosanne." Another exchange, when Jackie questions how she could have voted for Trump: R - "He talked about jobs, Jackie! He said he'd shake things up. I mean this might come as a complete shock to you, but we almost lost our house the way things are going." J - "Have you looked at the news? Cause now things are worse!" R - "Not on the real news!" There's also literally a scene where Dan tells Roseanne that their insurance has gone up and also covers less. But Roseanne Connor is, despite a vote that everyone in her family seems to begrudge her for, still seemingly as progressive as she was before. She has some great scenes with Darlene's son who chooses to wear girls' clothes, which bugs Dan at first. She also supports Becky when Dan is upset that she's going to be a surrogate.

by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2018 9:12 PM

Ruh-roh!

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2018 2:12 AM

Fuck her! I'm sorry about Sarah Gilbert, Sandra Bernhard, and any other nondeplorables in the cast, but I will never watch anything that fat, stupid count is in, or any program she's attached to.

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2018 2:42 AM

Is Laurie Metcalfe deplorable?

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2018 3:10 AM

R2, it’s a tv show cunt. Lighten up.

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2018 3:13 AM

It's innovative to have a family show discussing politics right now. If handled right, it may work and be hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2018 3:15 AM

The network shills are going to bomb us regularly with this kind of thing, Datalounge is not your friend, shill.

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2018 3:26 AM

It was "just a fucking tv show" douchebag r4, which made this bitch rich in the first place...

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2018 3:55 AM

Let’s be honest everyone is only watching for the return of Crystal

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2018 3:56 AM

Fuck you, R8

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2018 4:00 AM

Don't watch- when it's all over Roseanne will still be rich.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2018 4:04 AM

Dreadful. Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2018 4:07 AM

Wow, Im not just going to consider this a weird spinoff that takes place in another universe- just like season 9. It's not officially canon to me.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2018 4:14 AM

I want to watch, but I’m not really interested in watching elderly sitcom people argue about Don Dump

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2018 4:15 AM

I don't care, OP. I won't watch it.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2018 4:19 AM

r8 made me laugh harder than this reboot probably will. W&W for you, r8!

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2018 6:23 AM

I will DVR one episode and wait for you bitches to tell me all about how it was and whether I should waste any time on it!

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2018 6:56 AM

burp

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2018 2:32 PM

Now imagine this shit with the addiiton of a laugh track.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2018 2:34 PM

Reunion shows always get huge opening ratings as audience tune in for the car wreck effect.

There will be huge hypocrisy here. On one hand Roseanne will still be a big Trump supporter, but will air more progressive views than he ever would. Looks like DJ will have a bi-racial child, I'm sure Roseanne will be hugely supportive of this even though Trump says her grandchild has a shithole heritage.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2018 2:44 PM

Just give Roseanne a year or two to flipflop back to considering herself progressive and denouncing Trump. She does his all for attention and the woman is crazy!

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2018 2:48 PM

Will not be watching that Trump pimp.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2018 2:51 PM

I thought Darlene and David had a girl baby.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2018 2:55 PM

Jackie is without child in the reboot, so I guess Season 6-9 doesn’t apply to her.

They should have announced the series will ignore anything past season 5 and call it a day

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2018 2:58 PM

So to get everything straight,

Dan is alive

Mark is dead

Jackie who was straight, then gay, is straight but without her child

Becky is Becky #1

The lottery didn’t happen

Roseanne, once a man hating ultra feminist is not a deplorable who voted for a misogynist

Bev, who was a late in life lesbian is straight again for her two episode arc

Darlene is still with David and not Mark (via the finale) but is divorced with multiracial children.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2018 3:01 PM

Sorry autocorrect Roseanne is NOW not not a deplorable

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2018 3:02 PM

How is Darlene still with David, but divorced with multiracial children?

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2018 3:19 PM

Isn't DJ the one with a mixed daughter?

Did he end up hooking up with the poor black girl that he refused to kiss in that one episode?

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2018 3:22 PM

Will not watch that bitch!

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2018 3:26 PM

DJ was secretly mixed all along as Rosie was fucking chuckie Jr since puberty

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2018 3:26 PM

[r26] all will be explained in the passage of time.

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2018 3:27 PM

[QUOTE]How is Darlene still with David, but divorced with multiracial children?

Because she left her husband and got back with David? It’s not hard to put it together.

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2018 3:37 PM

Actually, it's more likely that R24 does not know what he's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 32January 12, 2018 3:40 PM

[quote]"I mean this might come as a complete shock to you, but we almost lost our house the way things are going."

Bitch please, the show first aired 30 years ago, how have they not paid off that dumpy little house?

by Anonymousreply 33January 12, 2018 3:48 PM

What happened to Jerry Garcia?

Is Natalie West returning?

by Anonymousreply 34January 12, 2018 3:48 PM

R31:

‘Still with david’ implies the chain is unbroken

by Anonymousreply 35January 12, 2018 3:49 PM

Kind of like a new All In The Family?

by Anonymousreply 36January 12, 2018 3:52 PM

I think what actually happened is everything went well until they watched it and realized nothing made and sense and none of the plots matched up.

Which is why the premiere got pushed to late March

by Anonymousreply 37January 12, 2018 3:57 PM

If Gilbert wanted to bring this show back she should have done it so that Rosenanne was dead... dead of some illness she couldn't get medical attention for because she voted for Drumpf and no longer had medical insurance.

by Anonymousreply 38January 12, 2018 4:14 PM

Roseanne should be the character addicted to opioids; and then when she nearly OD's, she tries to get some affordable medical care but is denied.

by Anonymousreply 39January 12, 2018 4:33 PM

She supports Trump in real life, who gives a fuck about the show after that?

by Anonymousreply 40January 12, 2018 4:38 PM

Exactly r40, ABC totally misread the political climate in the country now. They were so focused on not missing out on another Fuller House success, that they too quickly approved this without thinking about the current environment.

At one time, they announced this as a limited series. Are they still sticking with that story?

by Anonymousreply 41January 12, 2018 4:57 PM

The problem most people have with this is despite the complete 180 Roseanne Barr has done on her personal politics, the Roseanne Conner from 1988-1997 would never have been a Trump supporter. A character millions of people invested in for years, had the rug pulled from them. It was a huge mistake.

Dan Connor would have made better sense as a Trump voter.

by Anonymousreply 42January 12, 2018 5:01 PM

The "almost lost our house" during a prosperous Obama era must mean she never had Loose Meat sandwich business.

It's not as though there's been a big increase of vegans in the Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 43January 12, 2018 5:05 PM

God it’s like Whitney Cummings, Sara Gilbert and Roseanne sat around and said “Rember when we did....” put it into one stew of hazy recollections and false memories and created a reboot off of it.

by Anonymousreply 44January 12, 2018 5:11 PM

So I guess Roseanne's biker past won out over her supposed hippie past? I always thought it was funny that the show could never decide if Roseanne and Dan were former hippies or Hell's Angels or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 45January 12, 2018 5:17 PM

Uh oh...pre release damage control....

by Anonymousreply 46January 12, 2018 5:23 PM

Roseanne was over the period of the show a:

Blue collar Mom hard working in a factory

Norma Rae

Sassy beauty parlor hair sweeper

Combative and lazy waitress

Career woman starting her own business

Hippie

Biker

Native American Woman (season 6 surgery)

Wise and absolute feminist

And now she is a deplorable Trumper

by Anonymousreply 47January 12, 2018 5:29 PM

That is weird that they have written out Jackie's child. It's like Will & Grace.

I guess Michael O'Keefe won't be part of the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 48January 12, 2018 5:29 PM

I hate shit like that, R48. She had that child a bit after the mid-point of the series, so it's not like it one of the final season things they can just erase.

by Anonymousreply 49January 12, 2018 5:41 PM

I want a Big Brother house of:

Aunt Jackie

Valerie Cherish

Dorothy Zbornak

Julia Sugarbaker

Brenda Chenoweth

Samantha Jones

by Anonymousreply 50January 12, 2018 5:44 PM

r49 exactly. I can totally understand why they wrote off the last season with the lottery because it was a) ridiculous and b) the entire season was pretty much based in fantasy.

But it is a bit of an insult to O'Keefe and the fans who watched the show from the beginning.

It's also confusing. Kind of like the post-dream season for Dallas where you had to remember where things had left off when Bobby "died".

by Anonymousreply 51January 12, 2018 5:47 PM

You screechers will bitch about anything

That kid was irrelevant to the show and Danny Noonan was was written out of the show 2-3 years before the run ended

by Anonymousreply 52January 12, 2018 5:49 PM

r52 = Roseanne

by Anonymousreply 53January 12, 2018 5:58 PM

I could see on the show if she voted for Trump because of jobs and Healthcare, but now is pissed at him because he lied and was not as socially liberal as he said. That would make sense for Roseanne's character. Staying a Trump supporter doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 54January 12, 2018 6:14 PM

I can buy that Becky and DJ both remained in Lanford, but there is no way in hell Darlene would stay there.

by Anonymousreply 55January 12, 2018 6:26 PM

There was no way in hell lurleen would drop out of art school to have a baby, either...

by Anonymousreply 56January 12, 2018 6:28 PM

Word is that Natalie West is doing only one appearance. It’s crazy considering she was a regular for 5 years

by Anonymousreply 57January 12, 2018 6:30 PM

[quote]It's not officially canon to me.

Please try to be more insufferable in the future.

by Anonymousreply 58January 12, 2018 6:30 PM

Like the original creator and producer of the show, didn't Roseanne also really hate Natalie West? She had them both fired.

by Anonymousreply 59January 12, 2018 6:36 PM

Everyone hates Natalie West. Insufferable shrew.

by Anonymousreply 60January 12, 2018 6:39 PM

Why does Roseanne hate Natalie West? I wasn’t sure she was important enough for Roseanne to care one way or another?

by Anonymousreply 61January 12, 2018 7:08 PM

She knows what she did

by Anonymousreply 62January 12, 2018 8:01 PM

[quote]I can buy that Becky and DJ both remained in Lanford, but there is no way in hell Darlene would stay there.

No, Darlene totally would have stayed in Lanford. She was her mother's daughter. It was Becky, the way she was originally written at least, that never would have stayed in Lanford.

by Anonymousreply 63January 12, 2018 8:17 PM

Becky number 1 was Tony Harding.

Trash but trying hard

What’s the dirt on Natalie West feud?

by Anonymousreply 64January 12, 2018 8:18 PM

[quote]What’s the dirt on Natalie West feud?

I believe the original story is that she was fired for speaking to Entertainment Tonight about Roseanne and Tom's relationship.

by Anonymousreply 65January 12, 2018 8:29 PM

Wait, Roseanne had a scalpel sewn into her face after plastic surgery? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 66January 12, 2018 8:33 PM

the leaks sound quite contemporary.

But I won't watch; can't stand to look at Roseanne's fat grapefruit face.

by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2018 8:59 PM

I'm not reading more than the first few lines.

Surprised how much of this has already been discussed. Want some surprises.

by Anonymousreply 68January 12, 2018 9:10 PM

Is there a link for the leak? It’s hard for eldergayz to navigate the net

by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2018 9:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!