Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hollywood is GARBAGE!!!!!

The complete set of this award season's offerings is fucking shit. Especially Shape of Water, 3 Billboards, and whatever James Franco appears in. Fuck Hollywood. Fuck their hype machine and anyone that supports them.

by Anonymousreply 62January 11, 2018 4:43 PM

I beg to differ, I had the best Frat Cock in my ass this season! Love you, AH!

by Anonymousreply 1January 10, 2018 6:49 AM

Don't hold back, OP -- let it out. Tell us how you really feel about Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 2January 10, 2018 6:55 AM

Lady Bird and Call Me By Your Name were beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 3January 10, 2018 6:57 AM

STFU OP, don't blame us because your fave got shafted.

by Anonymousreply 4January 10, 2018 7:05 AM

R3. No they weren't.

by Anonymousreply 5January 10, 2018 7:06 AM

I understand OP-

Shape was shapeless

3 Billboards was a tv episode

Disaster Artist was a one joke nothing

LadyBird was an afternoon special

B U T ------there WAS some beauty in the craft of CMBYN

and Hollywood just needs a new bit of power and vision

by Anonymousreply 6January 10, 2018 7:09 AM

[quote] Fuck Hollywood. Fuck their hype machine and anyone that supports them.

Ummm yeah, Good luck railing against the literally billions of people all over the world who make Hollywood movies #1 every week. Nobody else comes close.

by Anonymousreply 7January 10, 2018 7:12 AM

TRUE! ^

So the quality better increase cause our Presidential shipment aint doin us any good.

by Anonymousreply 8January 10, 2018 7:20 AM

R7. Movie ticket sales are at a 22 year low and the video game industry is now larger. Hollywood is starting to die.

by Anonymousreply 9January 10, 2018 7:22 AM

The only reason why everyone likes CMBYN is because it's about gay guys, one's a late teen and the other an adult. Woody Allen is literally coming out with the same movie except it'll be a late teen girl and an adult male. Same story.

I've seen way more intense gay movies than this..this movie was Queer As Folk featuring Brian and Justin in a film basically.

by Anonymousreply 10January 10, 2018 7:26 AM

If the quality increases Hollywood will grind to a halt r8. If people want art they can go see independent movies, theatre, seek out the best foreign films. But most don’t. Hollywood is for the masses. Use the same formula, include a happy ending 99% of the time, use only beautiful, thin and (seemingly) straight people even if the best actor who auditioned was average looking and openly gay. That’s Hollywood. If you don’t like it independent films are waiting for you in a small theatre up the block and around the corner with only 3 people in it.

by Anonymousreply 11January 10, 2018 7:27 AM

[quote] Movie ticket sales are at a 22 year low and the video game industry is now larger.

And either way, California still ends up on top, R9. 😀

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 10, 2018 7:28 AM

okay R12-that gif rules!

About Cali---guess youre right!

And loved R11: Sad But True!

by Anonymousreply 13January 10, 2018 7:34 AM

R6 I think you mean afterSCHOOL special.

Lady Bird was so much better than that. I've seen dozens and dozens of coming of age movies in my day. This one hit notes that I've never seen hit before. Just a beautifully rendered tale.

I adored it.

by Anonymousreply 14January 10, 2018 7:36 AM

I completely agree, OP. But at least we can take comfort that The Post, the worst of the lot, has gotten shut out of the awards.

by Anonymousreply 15January 10, 2018 7:37 AM

TV is pulling a lot of the buzz from movies.

Writers and producers are realizing you can tell a much better, more detailed story in eight or ten hours than in two or three. And you can get the same level of talent now that even the biggest names are willing to do TV, if it's for a Netflix or HBO.

Look at Handmaid's Tale or The Leftovers -- the line between the two mediums is blurring.

by Anonymousreply 16January 10, 2018 7:44 AM

The gay movie that actually deserved the awards is [italic]God's Own Country[/italic], the movie that's actually about a gay adult relationship. But you can't use it to stereotype Jews as being predators so it's useless to you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 10, 2018 7:44 AM

[quote] TV is pulling a lot of the buzz from movies.

The only way movies can reverse the tide is for Jason Bateman to go full frontal. I'm sure TV will get there first, too.

by Anonymousreply 18January 10, 2018 7:45 AM

I second that r18!

by Anonymousreply 19January 10, 2018 7:49 AM

Look at the latest Star Wars, or don't, it sucks. More interested in scoring SJW points than entertaining. I agree that video games and television are the future of storytelling. I will probably never enter a movie theatre again.

by Anonymousreply 20January 10, 2018 8:11 AM

Get Out sucked

by Anonymousreply 21January 10, 2018 9:34 AM

Check out R17's post peeps

See it!

by Anonymousreply 22January 10, 2018 9:41 AM

It hasn't been any good since talkies came in

by Anonymousreply 23January 10, 2018 3:41 PM

Wait until next year, when you'll get Star wars and The Avengers, OP.

by Anonymousreply 24January 10, 2018 3:44 PM

[italic]Star Wars[/italic] was the death of movies then and now. What John Waters predicted in the opening credits of [italic]Cecil B. Demented[/italic]—shoebox theaters showing nothing but franchise movies—has come true.

by Anonymousreply 25January 10, 2018 3:47 PM

I agree OP, W/W for you! That shit town would serve the planet better if it were orange groves, again.

by Anonymousreply 26January 10, 2018 3:50 PM

Cocaine ruined Hollywood. It fueled the excesses of the 80's, 90's, and onward.

Cocaine use destroyed subtlety and beauty in Hollywood films, and propelled violence, brashness, and loveless sex images. It also dumbed down everything, because cocaine makes you dumber, uglier, and ruder.

Before the rampant cocaine use in Hollywood, we're talking the 1940's, movies were intelligent, witty, complex and romantic.

Star Wars has created a generation of forever-man-children who play with action figures and waste time thinking about space adventures. It's no accident that Star Wars was also fueled by cocaine use.

As a society, we need to stop watching these disgraceful advertisements called Hollywood movies. WE need to save our lives.

by Anonymousreply 27January 10, 2018 4:00 PM

Ummm OK grandmama, I seriously doubt the Star Wars man geeks are the ones out partying all night and doing blow ^^

by Anonymousreply 28January 10, 2018 4:08 PM

[quote]It's no accident that Star Wars was also fueled by cocaine use.

And before that, they were fueled by nothing but good-old wholesome all-American sugar, tobacco, and booze.

by Anonymousreply 29January 10, 2018 4:09 PM

We have lost some very talented celebrities within the last 4 years due to cocaine use. No, people truly did not know how dangerous that drug was/is. But now we know.

Even one- time cocaine use causes permanent damage to the brain and heart. We are now watching the mass exodus of talents who 'partied' with cocaine during the 1970's and onward. We have lost so many, and many more are to come.

Some celebrities will be suffering from extreme brain damage and will be deteriorating before our eyes. It's coming, the payment is due.

RIP to those who were tricked by the mocking spirit of cocaine, the 'Devil's Drug.'

by Anonymousreply 30January 10, 2018 4:43 PM

All herbs and drugs have spirits attached to them, even the ancient world knew this.

Cocaine has a 'mocking' spirit, therefore the 'art' and movies fueled by cocaine use mocked women, loyalty, devotion, religion, and family. Oh, and Christianity especially, I mean, it's not called the 'Devil's Drug' for nothing.

Now the cocaine spirit wants to mock it's users, so you are seeing celebrities lose their looks, income, minds and popularity.

Cocaine is a trickster spirit, so please get help is you are on it.

by Anonymousreply 31January 10, 2018 4:49 PM

LOL I Love the random anti-Coke troll! But she is right about one thing - it does turn many people into assholes.

Too bad Coke has been cliche and out of favor in Hollywood for decades

by Anonymousreply 32January 10, 2018 4:52 PM

Then switch to weed.

by Anonymousreply 33January 10, 2018 4:55 PM

What stupid people always seem to forget about Hollywood and the film [bold]industry[/bold] is that its prime objective is to make money for the film studios and the multinational corporations that own them. They're not out to make great art.

The same idiots also forget that awards are just part of the great marketing machine that's there to publicize the product and stroke the egos of the "creative" workers. The Oscars were never meant to be a true indication of great artistry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 10, 2018 4:58 PM

Even Doris Day said recently they don't make movies like they use to. She's right. But I still prefer classic films.

by Anonymousreply 35January 10, 2018 5:20 PM

The true Hollywood stars were the stars of the Golden Age. Until they died and the rest were pushed out by the current stars of Hollywood who are nothing more than squatters.

by Anonymousreply 36January 10, 2018 5:21 PM

DUNKIRK will blow you away!

So to speak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 10, 2018 5:24 PM

Lot of those former coke users are living to a decent age before they pop off it seems. I think I'd rather snort a lot of cocaine and have a good time and die at 70 than live to 95 and grope my nurses in senility

by Anonymousreply 38January 10, 2018 5:30 PM

Sorry, r10.

Oliver and Elio were unique, likable characters in a rich, Italian setting played by gorgeous actors.

Brian (selfish douchebag played by ugly actors) and Justin (cloying, needy goodie two-shoes played by bland Randy Harrison) had fast-food sex in a melodramatic soap opera about trite, depressing Issues gay people were and still ARE SICK TO DEATH of.

by Anonymousreply 39January 10, 2018 5:32 PM

[quote] Even Doris Day said recently they don't make movies like they use to.

Nowadays they use computers to apply the diffusion filters.

by Anonymousreply 40January 10, 2018 5:42 PM

r30 / r31 needs to go back to CHURCH if you want to lie and slander subjects you have no experience with, let alone proof.

Stay in your faith-based Bullshit Bubble unless you can prove something.

I'm fucking sick to death of these Christian cunts thinking they can come to a gay website and preach their lies. There's nothing more "anti-woman" than Christianity and Islam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 10, 2018 5:44 PM

There is nothing more PRO-WOMAN than Jesus Christ, honey.

Jesus loved the social outcast woman Mary Magdaline, asks us to respect his mother, treated women with honor, stopped the stoning of women, and told us to help the poorest, which are usually women.

R41, you have a hard heart, but it can soften through Christ.

And I am a very pro-gay Christian, who is actively helping gays and lesbians to become respected in the churches. I do not want to convert them straight, just help them find Jesus.

Be less offended, honey, and more loving.

by Anonymousreply 42January 10, 2018 7:59 PM

Stop blaming cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 43January 10, 2018 8:04 PM

I have met many, many closeted gay and lesbian (bi, really) people in Hollywood who were also Christian. They were not hostile to Jesus, and I see no reason to create a false narrative about that.

by Anonymousreply 44January 10, 2018 8:06 PM

I'm the anti-cocaine person here and I want to say the this last Star Wars movie, The Last Jedi was very, very good and had an important message.

First of all, it was nice to see Carrie Fisher on screen. She looked good, although you could tell she was a bit weak. Still, kudos to her for making the film.

Secondly, the Rose character was AWESOME. I recommend that you go to see this film for her.

I have read some very scandalous things about her being asian and all--I want to say that that kind of racism is AWFUL and should not be tolerated.

I think her name is Kelly Marie Tran and she is FANTASTIC!!

It's a fun movie with some very cute creatures and the storyline is EXCELLENT!

Kudos to the director, Rian Johnson!

by Anonymousreply 45January 10, 2018 8:14 PM

Star Wars: The Last Jedi may be the best film of the year. I loved it, will see it again.

by Anonymousreply 46January 10, 2018 8:16 PM

Please, globalization killed Hollywood as we know it. They now make movies to appeal to every culture and country, so what you have is a watered down version of entertainment and endless comic book movies. The US is no longer the largest consumer of the Hollywood product -- China is.

Ever left wondering why certain pictures get a sequel...it's because the box office outside of North America was terrific. In many ways I envy Bollywood and China --- neither give a flying fuck about the global movie goer and just cater to their native audience.

by Anonymousreply 47January 10, 2018 8:24 PM

[quote] Please, globalization killed Hollywood as we know it

No - it was COCAINE!

LOL, j/k. I think our anti-cocaine crusader is a few decades short as to what is currently in vogue; Hollywood has moved onto newer, more current drugs of choice to achieve that "top of the world" party high

by Anonymousreply 48January 10, 2018 8:33 PM

The fabulous Lady Gaga herself referred to cocaine as the 'Devil's Drug' and also advised girls to wait until their mid twenties to have sex.

I am praying for you Lady Gaga, and hope you feel better!

by Anonymousreply 49January 10, 2018 8:53 PM

[quote]They now make movies to appeal to every culture and country

The worst European movies have this problem, too; they are funded by so many outside sources from so many different countries that they are called "Euro-puddings" with no national flavor or character, everything is homogenized.

I saw plenty of American movies in a movie theater in 2017. Most of them were classics. Luckily, I live within driving distance of some really good repertory theaters. Not everyone has that luxury. Video rental stores diminished their impact while streaming has pretty much destroyed them in return.

by Anonymousreply 50January 10, 2018 9:36 PM

Oh sweet fancy Moses, now DL has an anti cocaine troll? Did they just wake up from a coma they fell into in 1982 on the set of SNL? Next we’ll be lectured on the dangers of quaaludes.

by Anonymousreply 51January 10, 2018 10:03 PM

Then what is 1 Timothy 2:12, r42?

[quote]But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

What is Exodus 22:18?

[quote]Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Why did the righteous Israelite in Judges 19:25 - 28 do this to a woman?

[quote]so the man tooke his concubine, and brought her foorth vnto them, and they knew her, and abused her all the night vntil the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her goe.

[quote]26 Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell downe at the doore of the mans house, where her lord was, till it was light.

[quote[27 And her lord rose vp in the morning, & opened the doores of the house, and went out to goe his way: and behold, the woman his concubine was fallen downe at the doore of the house, and her hands were vpon the threshold.

[quote]28 And he said vnto her, Up, and let vs be going. But none answered: then the man tooke her vp vpon an asse, and the man rose vp, and gate him vnto his place.

How can Christian men be better for women than cocaine or Hollywood, when the Bible commands them to force women to worship them as God? Ephesians 5:22-24:

[quote]Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

If Christianity is so good to women, why are Christians supposed to exile any woman who has sex during her menstrual period? Leviticus 20:

[quote]‘If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people.

If Christianity is so good for women, then why are good Christians supposed to stone women to death if they are shown to have lost their virginity before marriage? Leviticus 22:21:

[quote]Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

Just admit that religion is bad for all people, but ESPECIALLY women, who are regarded as slave property of their husbands or fathers by an imaginary wizard in the sky.

r42 is a weak, uncentered person who believes any authoritarian power scam that makes her feel good and immortal from time to time, no matter who gets hurt or how many frauds make out like bandits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 10, 2018 10:17 PM

R42, what do you think about man-on-man rimming?

Has this epidemic also destroyed Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 53January 10, 2018 10:19 PM

[quote]B U T ------there WAS some beauty in the craft of CMBYN

CMBYN has hardly anything to do with Hollwyood.

by Anonymousreply 54January 10, 2018 10:20 PM

It's going to get worse in a world where Disney and Fox are joined at the hip.

by Anonymousreply 55January 10, 2018 10:24 PM

R52, Levitus is in the OLD Testament, it's not Christian, that is Hebrew law.

by Anonymousreply 56January 10, 2018 10:56 PM

Biblical literalism is a Christo-Islamic distortion of Judaic texts.

by Anonymousreply 57January 10, 2018 10:57 PM

[quote]Levitus is in [italic]Midnight Madness[/italic]. Leviticus is in the Old Testament.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 58January 10, 2018 10:58 PM

R52, Judges, Levitcus and Exodus are all Old Testament, Hebraic law, it is not Christian, Jesus was opposed to the abuse of women, especially stoning.

Stop lying.

by Anonymousreply 59January 10, 2018 11:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 11, 2018 12:36 AM

True R54- I guess I was duped by it being up for awards in Hollywood .

by Anonymousreply 61January 11, 2018 5:29 AM

At least we have TCM and Retro Plex. At least!

by Anonymousreply 62January 11, 2018 4:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!