Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Steve Bannon Makes Groveling Apology To Trump and Don Jr

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon said Sunday he regretted not responding sooner to comments attributed to him that were critical of Donald Trump Jr. in an explosive new book on the White House. "Donald Trump, Jr. is both a patriot and a good man," read Bannon's statement, which CNN obtained Sunday from a source close to Bannon. "He has been relentless in his advocacy for his father and the agenda that has helped turn our country around." The statement later adds: "I regret that my delay in responding to the inaccurate reporting regarding Don Jr has diverted attention from the president's historical accomplishments in the first year of (Trump's) presidency." Axios first reported Bannon's statement.

In the book, "Fire and Fury," author Michael Wolff quotes Bannon as saying the 2016 Trump Tower meeting between Trump campaign officials, including Trump Jr. and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, and a Russian lawyer purportedly offering damaging information about Hillary Clinton was "treasonous." The book also attributes statements to him denigrating the President.

Bannon said his comments about the Trump Tower meeting were aimed at Manafort, "a seasoned campaign professional with experience and knowledge of how the Russians operate. He should have known they are duplicitous, cunning and not our friends." Following the publication of Bannon's quotes in the book, which went on sale Friday, Trump has called friends and allies to make clear they must choose between him and his estranged former adviser, a source familiar with the calls told CNN. Axios previously reported the calls. Trump has also taken to Twitter to attack Bannon, labeling him "Sloppy Steve," and said in a statement released by White House last Wednesday that Bannon had "lost his mind."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 8, 2018 11:24 PM

I take delight in how much it is killing Bannon on the inside to do this fake apology to them.

by Anonymousreply 1January 7, 2018 6:21 PM

I'm Bannon him for good.

by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2018 6:22 PM

Oh God, of course. Someone got to him. All the Republican factions may hate each other, but they're not about to give up power.

by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2018 6:24 PM

😂 What a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2018 6:26 PM

Trump probably respects him even less now. He sees this as weakness.

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2018 6:27 PM

So, the big blow-hard is just a rough, tough cream-puff? What a wuss!

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2018 6:28 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2018 6:28 PM

Maybe he'll drink himself to death from the shame.

by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2018 6:30 PM

[quote]Oh God, of course. Someone got to him. All the Republican factions may hate each other, but they're not about to give up power.

He was going to lose access to the Mercer billions plus Breitbart. What isn't really rational is why he shot his mouth off in the first place. What was he hoping to gain? Was it just hubris in thinking he was more powerful than he was? Alcohol fueled rage?

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2018 6:33 PM

Notice how he does not exonerate Jared. And basically says Don Jr. was too stupid to realize what he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2018 6:37 PM

Yeah he didn’t really even take anything back.

by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2018 6:39 PM

This is a desperate attempt to get patrons back. But the damage is DONE. To Bannon, Trump & family.

Ha!

by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2018 6:41 PM

It is clear that support among both the Republican "establishment" and the Republican "anti-establishment" is based on one thing: money. Gannon poses as a "populist", but is dependent upon the corrupt, anything-but-populist Mercer family.

by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2018 6:43 PM

The whole GOP are on the defensive, and doing a lousy job of it. People are not buying their B.S.

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2018 6:45 PM

This is the perfect time for the "Fire & Fury" author to release a tape of his interview with Bannon so we can know WHAT he REALLY said about WHOM.

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2018 6:47 PM

Exactly r13. Bannon/Breitbart has always been the Mercer's puppet.

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2018 6:47 PM

Look at me. I am a multi layered guy who's odorous at the core.

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2018 6:53 PM

Bannon let go and now......sucks up saying his support for Trump is "unwavering. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2018 6:54 PM

Great thinking, R15. Wolff can keep his book as a headline for weeks if he really wanted to. Let’s hope he $ee$ the incentive.

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2018 6:55 PM

Did anyone every figure out the pedo Den connection to this guy?

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2018 6:57 PM

I see the Mercers are still running things.

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2018 6:57 PM

Which member of this cast is going to turn up dead in a parked car down by the river?

by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2018 7:00 PM

I doubt that will happen. You don't want to give Mueller a murder conspiracy on top of everything else. And believe me, a suspicious death would kick him into a furious overdrive. Also it would haunt the headlines for the better part of a year.

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2018 7:03 PM

[quote]Notice how he does not exonerate Jared.

I doubt even Rebekah Mercer could get Bannon to say something nice about Kushner. He hates him.

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2018 7:03 PM

Democrats need to pay heed to this and humiliate Kirsten Gillibrand and Claire McCaskill and the rest of the Pussy Power Brigade this way.

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2018 7:05 PM

Good. I want Bannon to stay just enough relevant to wreak havoc on the Republican primaries and fuck up their chances for the midterms this year.

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2018 7:05 PM

[quote]He was going to lose access to the Mercer billions plus Breitbart. What isn't really rational is why he shot his mouth off in the first place. What was he hoping to gain? Was it just hubris in thinking he was more powerful than he was? Alcohol fueled rage?

I vote hubris. He's probably been on a 24 hour cocaine-like high thinking he's this badass having such an impact on American politics. Of course, it's really the money people running the show as this apology letter shows.

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2018 7:09 PM

Well. I do declare, I just assumed these Mercers were Old Money-- timber, or oil, or something substantial, maybe the Mercers of Mercer Island, but they're just hew money hedge fund trash.

The carpet baggers really do run the GOP, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2018 7:12 PM

Most people with money are trash.

by Anonymousreply 29January 7, 2018 7:16 PM

3 more years of this shit....smdh....

by Anonymousreply 30January 7, 2018 7:19 PM

[quote]lost his mind

Oh, Donald, you're always projecting.

by Anonymousreply 31January 7, 2018 7:19 PM

[QUOTE]3 more years of this shit....smdh....

Actually one more. Once the Dems take over congress at the end of 2018, he’ll be a lame duck who won’t get to pass or do anything. His approval ratings will remain in the hole. Then it’s just a matter of choosing the right candidate to take him out in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 32January 7, 2018 7:22 PM

Bannon is disgusting and despicable. However, I'm on Team Bannon when it comes to this book. Bannon told the truth. The Trump White House is incompetent, fraudulent and in chaos--and most likely criminal.

by Anonymousreply 33January 7, 2018 7:22 PM

Trump says the book is phony and none of it is true.

So why is Trump upset with Bannon? Why did Bannon need to respond?

by Anonymousreply 34January 7, 2018 7:22 PM

"Gannon poses as a "populist"

I'll pose in anything- for a fee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 7, 2018 7:23 PM

[quote]Once the Dems take over congress at the end of 2018, he’ll be a lame duck who won’t get to pass or do anything.

Let's not count chickens before they hatch. God knows I want this to happen, but it is not a done deal yet.

by Anonymousreply 36January 7, 2018 7:23 PM

The way I see it Bannon is basically doing Trump, which is - say one thing one day and another, completely contradictory, the next day. No rational person can have a proper response to someone who switches bait all the time. Let's see how the bloated, orange fuck responds. We know he cannot resist ass-kissing.

I think it's hilarious that someone is doing to Trump what he routinely does to others.

by Anonymousreply 37January 7, 2018 7:24 PM

At the very least, R36, they’ll take over the House of Representatives and that will be enough to shut down the Trump agenda.

by Anonymousreply 38January 7, 2018 7:24 PM

[quote]This is the perfect time for the "Fire & Fury" author to release a tape of his interview with Bannon so we can know WHAT he REALLY said about WHOM.

If you notice Bannon does not deny the quote, he is just trying to say "when I said that, I actually meant..."

by Anonymousreply 39January 7, 2018 7:27 PM

It’s imperative that some of you see the light that’s more closely at the end of the tunnel than you think. We’re months away from rendering Trump a useless, angry man screaming on Twitter for the final two years of his Presidency. He’ll have Executive Orders but they’ll all get challenged and bogged down in the courts. Even if Mueller doesn’t bring charges, the end is near for Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 40January 7, 2018 7:29 PM

[quote]Actually one more. Once the Dems take over congress at the end of 2018, he’ll be a lame duck who won’t get to pass or do anything. His approval ratings will remain in the hole. Then it’s just a matter of choosing the right candidate to take him out in 2020.

[quote]At the very least, [R36], they’ll take over the House of Representatives and that will be enough to shut down the Trump agenda.

I pray to the powers of the universe that this happens, because if it doesn't. We. are. fucked. Not just democrats, but our whole democracy. I know you all know this, but I had to repeat it.

by Anonymousreply 41January 7, 2018 7:30 PM

He's just trying to keep from getting fired from Breitbart.

by Anonymousreply 42January 7, 2018 7:32 PM

Exactly R42, if he loses Breitbart he has nothing left

by Anonymousreply 43January 7, 2018 7:34 PM

So it's true this pig Bannon probably made all of those confessions to Wolff after being fired. Now the confessions have backfired on him, he's trying to cosy up to Dear Leader again. You can't put lipstick on a pig, Bannon. You're done. Go back to writing movie scripts nobody reads until your liver fails and you die.

by Anonymousreply 44January 7, 2018 7:34 PM

Also... I wonder what Bannon's connections to Russia are? Through the Mercers, surely?

by Anonymousreply 45January 7, 2018 7:35 PM

Fucking pansy-assed turd

by Anonymousreply 46January 7, 2018 7:35 PM

[QUOTE]So it's true this pig Bannon probably made all of those confessions to Wolff after being fired.

Believe it or not, he actually said most of that stuff in “Fire and Fury” while he was still in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 47January 7, 2018 7:36 PM

Isn't Bannon being a textbook "cuck" in alt-right speak?

What do the Breitbart crowd think about all this?

God knows plenty of them troll this board, but they never contribute to discussion other than trolling. Even when I would actually want to hear you idiots perspective.

by Anonymousreply 48January 7, 2018 7:37 PM

So not only is he a drunk, a loser, failed movie director... he's also a traitor to the people who people who trust him. What was it Wig was saying about hiring the best people again? R47

by Anonymousreply 49January 7, 2018 7:39 PM

Why aren't are troll friends coming out to play in THIS thread?

by Anonymousreply 50January 7, 2018 7:44 PM

Exactly what I was wondering r50.

by Anonymousreply 51January 7, 2018 7:47 PM

Maybe this is why. Brietbart and Trump's relationship has broken down since he fired Steve:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 7, 2018 7:48 PM

[QUOTE]Why aren't are troll friends coming out to play in THIS thread?

They’re so confused, they don’t know who or what they’re supposed to be trolling exactly. 😂

by Anonymousreply 53January 7, 2018 7:56 PM

Bannon didn't actually apologize or say he was sorry. He just further explained his comments as if to backtrack them such as his criticism of Donny Jr was not intended for Jr, but instead for Manafort. Whetever, that's bullshit. Bannon still said what he said--and he meant it regardless of what he is saying today, which by the way is only to save his job at the alt-right Breitbart.

Bannon meant every word he said about Trump, Donny Jr, Ivanka and Jared. The White House is chaotic and full of incompetent frauds--they know it and Bannon knows it. And the public knows it only now it's confirmed and on the record.

by Anonymousreply 54January 7, 2018 7:58 PM

These MFs sure do fall in line quickly. They must be blackmailing them - Bannon, Graham, Grassely etc. Anyone with half a brain sees Trump as an inept idiot but they still support him. It's ridiculous and history will not be kind to them.

by Anonymousreply 55January 7, 2018 7:59 PM

R44 You can't put lipstick on a pig? Tell that to the Palin cunt.

As far as history not being kind to these folks. They are rich. They don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks as long as the dough keeps piling up and with the tax cuts, that pile just got a whole lot bigger.

by Anonymousreply 56January 7, 2018 8:05 PM

So far not ONE important person has come out and flatly denied their comments. They have walked back and spun it, sure, but that is to be expected.

The book reads like a hit job -- even to the highly biased and partisan -- but it is true. This is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 57January 7, 2018 8:06 PM

Palin isn't a pig silly R56. She's a harpy cunt who resurfaced in 2008 from her hundreds of years under the Alaskan ice to once again reign terror upon humanity.

by Anonymousreply 58January 7, 2018 8:08 PM

The Trump White House is a chaotic mess. That isn't a partisan statement, look at how many senior staff members have been let go in their short tenure. Look at the President's own twitter account.

Any accurate reporting of the Trump White House will read like a "hit job", because that is the reality of the world we live in.

by Anonymousreply 59January 7, 2018 8:09 PM

[quote] Once the Dems take over congress at the end of 2018, he’ll be a lame duck who won’t get to pass or do anything. His approval ratings will remain in the hole. Then it’s just a matter of choosing the right candidate to take him out in 2020.

That's not going to happen. You are overestimating the Democrats and American public. The dems aren't going to control anything. And even if they regained the house and/or the senate, Trump doesn't give a shit. He would be happy to shut down the government. He'd be happy to start a war. He'd probably take a page out of Reagan's book and tell the dems if they don't pass such and such he won't ever sign another one of their bills for the rest of his term. And you know trump is the type to do that and to stick to his word.

by Anonymousreply 60January 7, 2018 8:24 PM

[quote]. And even if they regained the house and/or the senate, Trump doesn't give a shit. He would be happy to shut down the government. He'd be happy to start a war. He'd probably take a page out of Reagan's book and tell the dems if they don't pass such and such he won't ever sign another one of their bills for the rest of his term.

Trump can barely get anything passed while his party controls both chambers of congress r60.

You seem to be vastly overrating his political acumen, which is non-existent.

by Anonymousreply 61January 7, 2018 8:26 PM

I do fear they will steal the 2018 elections just enough to remain in control of the House and Senate...

by Anonymousreply 62January 7, 2018 9:50 PM

Where has Kellyanne Conway been through this friggin fiasco? Is she in the book? Does she think Trump is an idiot too? She hasn't been on any of the political shows defending Trump.

by Anonymousreply 63January 7, 2018 10:27 PM

Kellyanne is crying somewhere in New Jersey, r63 according to the "crybaby" Trump comment as quoted by Wolff.

by Anonymousreply 64January 7, 2018 11:59 PM

[QUOTE]He'd probably take a page out of Reagan's book and tell the dems if they don't pass such and such he won't ever sign another one of their bills for the rest of his term.

The Dems won’t care about him signing their bills, he’ll just be a lame duck for the last two years. Their agenda will be carried out once there’s another Democrat in the White House starting January 20, 2021.

by Anonymousreply 65January 8, 2018 2:30 AM

I read something about KellyAnne mimicking a pistol with her band and pointing it to her head after one of Trump's stupidities.

by Anonymousreply 66January 8, 2018 2:35 AM

Maybe Kellyanne Conway has seen the light and thinks Trump is an asshole. She's been invisible for weeks.

Aren't controversies like this where she shines in defense of the fraud Trump?

by Anonymousreply 67January 8, 2018 2:58 AM

I think Kellyanne "cracked" a few weeks ago and has been side-lined. That or her lawyer husband told her to give Trump a wide berth due to the Mueller investigation. She strikes me as a high-strung, brittle, people-pleasing sycophant and not as tough as she lets on.

Trump characterized her as a "cry-baby" according to Woolf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 8, 2018 6:40 PM

Did the rightwingers accept his apology?

by Anonymousreply 69January 8, 2018 11:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 8, 2018 11:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!