Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Simon MacCorkindale

Such a beautiful man. If only he hadn’t done Manimal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 5, 2019 2:58 AM

Just watched the 1978 version of "Death on the Nile." He's devastatingly handsome, why didn't he become a bigger star? Did Michael York take all his potential roles?

by Anonymousreply 1February 4, 2019 5:50 PM

He could have played Bond?

by Anonymousreply 2February 4, 2019 5:50 PM

He probably would have been a terrific Bond.

by Anonymousreply 3February 4, 2019 5:59 PM

Manimal. That brings back memories.

by Anonymousreply 4February 4, 2019 6:01 PM

Some actors are handsome but just bland on screen. MacCorkindale fit that bill. Other actors I can think of like that are Maxwell Caufield and Andrew Stevens. OK-ish careers but not the charisma of a leading man, whether for TV or film.

by Anonymousreply 5February 4, 2019 7:07 PM

Maxwell Caufield (or the guy playing him) is a VERY good-looking man. He was perfect for the part honestly.

by Anonymousreply 6February 4, 2019 7:18 PM

any current pics?

by Anonymousreply 7February 4, 2019 7:35 PM

Here R7

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 4, 2019 7:36 PM

He did not age well at all.

by Anonymousreply 9February 4, 2019 7:39 PM

Age and battling cancer took a toll on him. Poor guy spent a lot of money on cancer treatments in the US that proved fruitless. He died in 2010.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 4, 2019 8:24 PM

I remember he did a made for tv movie entitled Obsessive Love where he played a soap opera star opposite an obsessed fan, yvette mimieux..........it was a nice flick and he was at his most beautiful. I remember thinking at the time it was the first really really good looking guy from England I d ever seen.......

by Anonymousreply 11February 4, 2019 8:40 PM

On Falcon Crest he did a respectable job but didn't really bring anything to the character

by Anonymousreply 12February 4, 2019 8:49 PM

His death scene in JAWS 3 was the few memorable moments from the execrable film. He’s in the red wetsuit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 4, 2019 8:59 PM

He also had a nice fat bottom.

by Anonymousreply 14February 4, 2019 9:23 PM

What a fine man. Cancer of the hole got him.

by Anonymousreply 15February 4, 2019 9:27 PM

In my gayling mind in 1983, I thought that Jaws 3-D was implying that Simon and his male partner were lovers.

Made me giddy thinking about Simon!

by Anonymousreply 16February 4, 2019 9:49 PM

He sports a nice sexy moustache in Riddle of the Sands

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 4, 2019 10:52 PM

Beautiful man but A) horrible name and B) too easily typecast as arrogant Brits

He looked remarkably different with even a bit of scruff. In retrospect he should have tried to project a more down to earth image.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 4, 2019 10:54 PM

[quote] "Maxwell Caufield (or the guy playing him) is a VERY good-looking man. He was perfect for the part honestly. —Anonymous"

NOBODY plays me like me, R6. What are you on about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 5, 2019 12:55 AM

The male supermodel Jarrod Scott resembles MacCorkindale in his younger days.

Mac was gorgeous in an episode of Hammer House of Horror.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 5, 2019 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!