Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Mystery of Mark Hamill's Face

After completing the filming of Star Wars, it's said that Mark Hamill was in a horrific car accident that nearly destroyed his face. The accident supposedly happened on January 11, 1977. It was never reported in the media (he wasn't very famous at the time) and no one seems to know where the crash occurred. In some accounts, Hamill has said "I broke my nose, that's it" and in others he claims the damage was more extensive.

It's very strange, though. If you watch his appearance on Mike Douglas from July of 1977, his face seems to me to be the same as it is in New Hope. In various other interviews from 1977 there doesn't seem to be much of a change. Then, in the 1978 Star Wars Christmas Special, he looks very, very bizarre. Pancake makeup, and he appears to be loopy, as if he's on painkillers.

In Empire Strikes Back, he does look different. His classically handsome/pretty visage was gone. His perfect roman nose was flattened, and his nostrils now asymmetrical. His eyes appear rounder, and there was a bit of weight gain. It's said that the Wampa attack at the beginning was meant to explain the change in his looks.

To me, in Return of the Jedi, six years after his accent he looks completely different. I remember watching it in the theater thinking "what happened to Luke?" He simply does not look like the same person as in New Hope. Also, it seemed to me he was even acting differently. His entire aura and countenance had changed. Beyond what it might have for character development reasons. I'm afraid that his Luke really takes a backseat to Han Solo, and Darth Vader. He didn't wind up to be very compelling.

I would speculate that after the accident, there were on-going problems. He claimed cartilage had been taken from his ear and used to reconstruct his nose. Is it possible that it worked at first and then was rejected. Because his nose looks ok to me in July, 1977, but looks very fucked up in Empire.

Or was there a second accident or incident that we're not privy to? Whatever happened, it seems to me it really shook him up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 20, 2018 4:35 PM

She is sooo Nelly!

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2017 9:13 AM

I recall that the bones in his face were broken.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2017 9:13 AM

In New Hope, he was like a nubile virgin. In Empire, he looked different, experienced. In The Last Jedi, he looked rode hard and put away wet.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2017 9:22 AM

Here he is looking loopy as fuck in the Star Wars Holiday Special. This is not photoshopped, if you watch it, this is how he looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2017 9:24 AM

R3 yeah, I guess you can see it that way.

I really think the accident basically put the kibosh his acting career. He most has done voice-overs.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2017 9:25 AM

The real Mark Hamill died in that accident and they had to replace with a "lookalike" but the surgery didn't really take.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2017 11:20 AM

Or maybe he just aged badly.

Although his current age does seem to suit him better than the preceding decades, or maybe he just looks great in a beard.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2017 11:27 AM

Lots of cute young twinks go directly from darling little cutie-pie to garden gnome in a few years, it's how some people age.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2017 11:28 AM

after the accident, the plastic surgery made him look like Grant Goodeve

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2017 1:54 PM

Carrie's change was worse. I think it was a combo of all the drugs and shitty plastic surgery but it's hard to believe she was only 61 when she died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2017 2:31 PM

He aged badly out of his twink phase but looks much better as an older man.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2017 2:52 PM

Oh god another hysterical thread about the changes in an actor’s face post car accident. It was the same bs with Monty Clift. Basically his nose shape shifted an eighth of an inch and everyone now claims he looked like the elephant man in films post surgery. Hamill looks just beautiful both befor and after acicident. Basta!

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2017 4:04 PM

I was a pretty cute little twinkie at 19. 20 years later, my face has changed a lot—interestingly I look much more now like one parent, and back then I looked like the other. But to the point of accidents etc changing faces, in old photos I can see the tiniest bit of a bend in my nose; now, my schnoz has taken a major turn to the right. No real accident; it’s just that time has turned a tiny imperfection into a big crooked schnoz. Sometimes that happens. People age in funny ways.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2017 5:20 PM

Mark Hamill is 66 now, not 25 any longer.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2017 5:34 PM

[quote]What happened was that I was on the wrong freeway. I was way out in the sticks somewhere and there were no cars and no traffic, thank God. I was going about 65-70 mph… I was speeding, going too fast… and what happened, I think, was that I tried to negotiate an off-ramp and lost control, tumbled over, and went off the road. I fractured my nose and my cheek…. I read in magazines, “Mark Hamill almost killed in auto crash.” And what prose… “As he dragged himself from the wreckage… the flames were higher”… you know?… “his nose slid off his face.” And I’m going, “Wow, this is great! But I don’t remember it!”…I just woke up and I was in the hospital and I knew that I had hurt myself very, very, very badly… but I wasn’t really sure. And then someone held a mirror up to my face and I just felt that my career was over.

The whole page is worth a read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2017 5:35 PM

[quote] Oh god another hysterical thread about the changes in an actor’s face post car accident.

Try to stay calm, Mary!!!

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2017 5:37 PM

I always assumed it was just bad cosmetic surgery and the accident was a cover up for that. Lots of young celebs in the late 70s were getting unnecessary plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2017 5:43 PM

I offered him a toot, he drove away, smashola, and from then on I kept offering more toots. So he got into the utility drawer in the kitchen over and over when he really just needed to sit and mellow. Some people are face carpenters when they're high. Big fucking deal.

What's so hard to understand about my lasting impact on the Hollywood scene over the decades, you assholes?

Where's the fucking RESPECT FOR DEAD LEGENDS?

Right, Mama?

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2017 5:52 PM

He looks ok in this 1980 photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2017 6:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2017 6:05 PM

R10 Death was the best thing for that druggie bitch, who had 20 drugs in her when she died.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2017 6:11 PM

Hell of an 1/8 inch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2017 6:25 PM

Is that a reference to his tinymeat, R22?

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2017 8:05 PM

So, what are you trying to say, OP? What is the real reason, in your opinion, for his face change?

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2017 8:11 PM

OK, I knew Mark Hamill during this time- friend of a girl friend. What R15 posted is essentially correct. His face was badly injured, but he had surgery and he looked pretty good afterwards. The problem was that he lost movement in his face due to the surgeries. This is kind of a liability for an actor.

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2017 8:11 PM

R24 I don't know, I was hoping people might have some insight.

Fact is, he was classically handsome in Star Wars. He had a God-given perfectly Roman nose. And, for a while, after the accident, it still looked ok. But later, his nostrils became uneven, and his eyes became rounder. It wasn't normal aging either.

It seems like the damage to his face somehow continued after the accident. He went from being a sun drenched Southern California beauty to... not being one at all. In like 3 years time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2017 8:56 PM

I recall they rewrote ESB to reflect the accident (when the Yeti swipes Luke's face and knocks him off the Bantha(?) he is riding.

I bet its the combo of surgery (maybe more than one) and hooked on painkillers.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2017 9:16 PM

It's been long speculated that his loopy appearance in the Holiday Special was due to painkillers.

There's a sketch with Perry Como from 1977 in which he has a cameo. They took no closeups, it was all wide shots.

by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2017 9:29 PM

It was the '70s, and he hung out with Carrie Fisher, I'm thinking there was a lot more than painkillers going on.

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2017 9:38 PM

R26 so fucking creepy...looks like two different people

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2017 9:40 PM

I wonder if he ever "experimented" in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2017 10:19 PM

I thought everyone knew about that. My sister had a crush the size of Jupiter on him when SW first came out and she knew all about the accident, so I'm not so sure how hush hush it was.

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2017 10:23 PM

I have been a fan for years but I never knew about this accident.

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2017 10:27 PM

In the 2005 book "Harrison Ford: The Films," author Brad Duke writes that "the high-speed car accident" occurred while Hamill was "cruising on the Pacific Coast Highway." He adds that "His nose was nearly eradicated and required drastic plastic surgery, as did one of his cheeks."

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2017 10:54 PM

Mark seems like one of nicest people in Hollywood. I've never heard a bad word about him.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2017 12:57 AM

FF R35

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2017 1:00 AM

why do you care about mark hamill's face?

why are you spending your time on this?

why did i even respond to this asinine thread?

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2017 1:02 AM

I remember hearing about the wreck, but mostly he just aged. He also wears a toupee of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2017 1:12 AM

I love that Carrie let the world know that all three of the original heros had to work out their senior bodies and go on healthy diets as part of preparation for these latest movies. Aging is a bitch. If you see photos of Mark from about 5 years ago, he had gotten huge.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2017 1:19 AM

He looks fine to me considering his age.

Also seconded on seeming like the nicest person. I've listened to a couple podcasts with him and he seems so genuinely nice... also helps that he's super into the nerdy stuff that he's in and likes meeting fans ect.

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2017 1:30 AM

he's a zombie

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2017 1:38 AM

OH! The oh-so-sensitive twat at R37 is the lunatic frau-brain that started this thread.

What a piece of shit she is. She jus' don' get a good put-down when her piggy eyes sees one.

Personally, I think other celebrities show mysterious and sudden changes more than Mark Hamill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2017 9:52 PM

He looked like Jodie Foster in his younger days.

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2017 10:14 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2017 10:26 PM

FF R43

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2017 10:38 PM

The real one died and was replaced by a look alike. Same story like Paul & Faul & Avril and her look alike.

by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2017 10:45 PM

R45 Eva Perón hasn't aged a bit either.

by Anonymousreply 48October 24, 2017 12:27 AM

Here he is in "The Big Red One" (1980) looking handsome. I wonder if he had it filmed before the accident?

To me his face got weird years after Star Wars. Maybe the plastic surgery he had just started sagging with age (or maybe he had another "accident")?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 24, 2017 3:13 AM

Is there a ‘Roman nose’ troll?

by Anonymousreply 50October 24, 2017 3:53 AM

He was sooo fuckable in the 70s. God, who wouldn't have wanted to hit that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 24, 2017 4:20 AM

Another one of beautiful young Mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 24, 2017 4:22 AM

(I'm 27) He looks fantastic in the 1970s, but really not SO bad in the 1980s, even if he went from a 9-10 to a 8 tops. Its in the 1990s that he didn't maintain his looks at all (7... 6.... downward). But really who keeps their fantastic looks in their 40s+? Not many, even if its possible to most who keep trying.

by Anonymousreply 53October 24, 2017 4:40 AM

Why couldn't they get a replacement Fark that actually looked like Mark?

by Anonymousreply 54October 24, 2017 5:59 AM

In that picture from The Big Red One you can see his nose is COMPLETELY different from the one he had earlier in his career. I found an interesting post from someone"

"I grew up with Mark….knew him all through high school and Jr. College, LACC…The accident was horrific….he went off a cliff…and his face was never the same…For me he lost his unique handsome nose and face shape….he was such a beautiful young guy….really to die for….you can see the effects as he ages…

This was the first job he ever got…both of these guys were friends of mine. John Savage especially during a certain time in LA….We were so proud of Mark for landing this job…..you can see clearly, his nose had a roman not a ski ramp shape to it….he almost died in that accident….it was a miracle he survived…"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 24, 2017 6:00 AM

R53 Pre 1977 accident, he was a sun drenched Southern California God. After the accident, he was just pleasant looking. But something happened- as he got older, you could see the effects of the accident more.

by Anonymousreply 56October 24, 2017 6:13 AM

I’d still sit on his cock

by Anonymousreply 57October 24, 2017 9:45 AM

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that, R56.

He required plastic surgery and surgery ages differently than just regular facial aging. That's part of it, I'm sure. If he had nerve or muscle damage, it would cause drooping and other issues as well. Then there are just some blonds and twinks who age terribly, like David Hemmings.

by Anonymousreply 58October 24, 2017 10:23 AM

I don't think he looks that bad. The photo differences appear to be mostly aging and angles. He did look bad in Kingsman, but he's like 70 now.

by Anonymousreply 59October 24, 2017 12:26 PM

From 'When The Lights Went Out In Georgia," released in 1981.

He's just not the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 24, 2017 12:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 24, 2017 12:40 PM

The older he gets, the more he looks like Pat Hingle.

pictured here in 2006

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 24, 2017 12:42 PM

Was Kristy McNichol in fucking everything back then?

by Anonymousreply 63October 24, 2017 12:43 PM

His hair was a different style and color in Empire than it was in Star Wars.

by Anonymousreply 64October 24, 2017 12:54 PM

R63, pretty much. She was the 'it' girl until she had her breakdown in '83 (plus all her films save 'Little Darlings' flopped or weren't released)

by Anonymousreply 65October 24, 2017 12:57 PM

Today, we'd have all the details of what happened to him - look at Dylan O'Brien's accident. His face is definitely different. They say that they had to use a double for some of the reshoots for Star Wars itself.

Setting aside that fair skinned blonds age badly, there is definitely something different about his face between the two movies. His face seemed to be a bit more delicate featured and refined before the accident. It's almost like he got smacked on the bridge of his nose and that portion of the face is a bit more sunken, pushing the balance of his face lower toward the area just below his nose and around his mouth.

It's like looking at some identical twins - the two look the same at first glance, but there's just something obviously different about them.

by Anonymousreply 66October 24, 2017 1:08 PM

He had an average face that was mangled by asphalt

Is it really this shocking his looks changed?

I think this is just fodder for some ‘Roman nose’ troll who makes that yellow skin fella look balanced...

by Anonymousreply 67October 24, 2017 2:37 PM

R67 It's interesting I think because the extent of the damage from the accident was clearly covered up for years. And it's just interesting when an actor's face drastically changes within a couple of years.

What does this upset you so much? Are you and he pals?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 24, 2017 5:41 PM

I think you can see the difference more in profile.

Original Star Wars:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2017 6:24 PM

Return of the Jedi:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 24, 2017 6:24 PM

Basically his nose got pushed down and in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 24, 2017 6:25 PM

What R17 said

by Anonymousreply 72October 24, 2017 6:45 PM

JFC, Dennis Quaid was sex on a motherfucking stick! That's all I got out of the clip @ R20.

by Anonymousreply 73October 24, 2017 6:48 PM

Pre accident, both sides of his face looked exactly the same. Post, they didn't. The worst part being his nostrils. They're two different shapes post accident.

Someone called this this most hideous close-up in the history of cinema.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 24, 2017 7:02 PM

R68:

It doesn’t bother me. I never found his face attractive at any stage.

I just find it odd that you are so perplexed by the obvious.

Are you aware restaurants are also brewing decaf now?

by Anonymousreply 75October 24, 2017 8:01 PM

R75 So why are you policing topics? Why would you care, of all the things on the board, that I posted about this?

by Anonymousreply 76October 24, 2017 11:52 PM

ca. 1972 when Hamill and Anne Wyndham played teenagers, Carol and Kent Murry, on daytime soap, General Hospital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 25, 2017 12:46 AM

This is the quintessential DL thread. Full of nuts, fraus, hysterics, truthers, creepy body part trolls, chroniclers of 70s one-off tv specials, and a few genuinely insightful posts.

by Anonymousreply 78October 25, 2017 12:53 AM

His haircut was the real hack job.

by Anonymousreply 79October 25, 2017 1:08 AM

I was stunning when I was young and now at 62 I look better than Carrie did at 61...I guess I didn't party as hard as they did

by Anonymousreply 80October 25, 2017 1:15 AM

I've heard so many versions of the wreck. The one I thought was true was that a TV show (Eight is Enough?) would not let him out of his contract so he more or less intentionally crashed his car.

I must agree with Erna/R1 - he really is nelly, especially in early interviews. I thought he was closeted but no rumors ever circulated that I heard.

Oh well, most gay guys are "normal" acting so I don't doubt that queen straight guys are out there, too.

by Anonymousreply 81October 25, 2017 1:57 AM

Before & after

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 25, 2017 2:18 AM

Then & now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 25, 2017 2:19 AM

The accident caused him to grow moles all over his face!

by Anonymousreply 84October 25, 2017 2:22 AM

I don't think that's the same guy.

by Anonymousreply 85October 25, 2017 5:26 AM

His eyes seem bigger and rounder in the after photos.

by Anonymousreply 86October 25, 2017 1:26 PM

Only a troll would bill it ‘policing a thread’ when someone dares to ask for clarification on a seemingly silly topic.

Are you also wondering if he has a womanly ass and yellow skin?

by Anonymousreply 87October 25, 2017 2:47 PM

R87 Please stop harassing and cyber-stalking me.

by Anonymousreply 88October 25, 2017 3:54 PM

Is your ass broadly enough to make that request?

by Anonymousreply 89October 25, 2017 4:23 PM

It's a shame, he was rather handsome in A New Hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 25, 2017 4:32 PM

In the "after" pic, he's lost his slightly hooded eyes that were a major part of his handsomeness. He has that overly wide-eyed look of men who get bad eye jobs.

So my guess is that something happened to one or both upper eyelids and they had to trim them back, or repairing injuries to his forehead resulted in the equivalent of a brow lift. Or both.

Paging Park Avenue Plastic Surgeon... come in, Park Avenue Plastic Surgeon...

by Anonymousreply 91October 25, 2017 4:38 PM

If his cheekbones were broken, it could be that his eye sockets shifted.

by Anonymousreply 92October 25, 2017 4:41 PM

It does look like his cheekbones were broken. His face became flatter. Would make sense, with his flatter nose.

The loss of his eyes and masculine, almost Roman nose changed him from cute and almost beautiful to meh.

by Anonymousreply 93October 25, 2017 5:22 PM

Monty Clift- before and after car accident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 26, 2017 2:00 AM

r4 is that Mark Hamill or Cousin Geri?

by Anonymousreply 95October 26, 2017 2:50 AM

He looks like he has a full face of makeup in that christmas special. I know everyone on TV wears makeup but it looks like they contoured his cheeks and jawline and maybe did something with his eyes. I wonder if this was to hide swelling or scarring? He looks freakish!

by Anonymousreply 96October 26, 2017 3:02 AM

I've never been able to pinpoint the changes in Montgomery Clift's face. Yes, he looked like a different person in later years, but IMHO the biggest change was that he was puffy and baggy-eyed. And that was due to his alcoholism, not the accident.

What exactly changed about his face? Were there any changes that weren't actually due to aging, alcoholism, and unhappiness?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 26, 2017 4:31 AM

The photos in R94s post are 10 years apart; basically a lifetime of dissolute living in that decade. Nothing to do with his accident though so please stop trying to make that meme happen.

by Anonymousreply 98October 26, 2017 8:51 AM

"He had a perfect Roman nose."

No he didn't . A Roman nose is long and has a downward-sloping tip. He had an upturned nose. A nice one.

by Anonymousreply 99October 26, 2017 9:23 AM

Face it, girls...he was never that hot to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 100October 26, 2017 11:40 AM

Yes, but we want magic!

by Anonymousreply 101October 26, 2017 9:18 PM

Looking good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 27, 2017 1:01 AM

r102 I would've licked every inch of him!

by Anonymousreply 103October 27, 2017 1:03 AM

R102, that beard is becoming to him!

by Anonymousreply 104October 27, 2017 2:13 AM

R102 yes, that is the person that disappeared after the car accident. That is Mark Hamill as I understood him after watching Star Wars in 1977. Very different from the Empire Hamill and the Jedi Hamill.

He was fuckin' hot as shit.

by Anonymousreply 105October 27, 2017 6:01 AM

He was indeed hot as shit back in 1977, the perfect tanned, blonde, blue-eyed, small, smooth-chested twink. Not my type at all, but lovely.

Of course he aged as well as most pretty little twinks do. Right now growing a beard has done wonders for him, because without it his wide mouth and big blue eyes make him look like a frog. With the beard he's distinguished and rather handsome for an older guy, without it he's homely. He should never shave again.

by Anonymousreply 106October 27, 2017 6:39 AM

R106 Mark Hamill is 66 years old. Discussing the attractiveness of a person that age is futile. At some point, way before 66, it's all over. With the beard, without the beard- same level. Zero. And that's ok. My zero day is coming up. Haha. ; - )

by Anonymousreply 107October 27, 2017 6:50 AM

Saw him on a rerun of One Day at a Time just yesterday (before Star Wars) and he didnt look anywhere near as good as he looked in the pic at r102. Maybe he’s just one of those people who photograph well at times and not so well at others?

by Anonymousreply 108October 27, 2017 9:39 AM

^^^ODAAT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 27, 2017 9:40 AM

ODAAT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 27, 2017 9:41 AM

Partridge Family, early 70s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 27, 2017 9:43 AM

So fuckimg cute in R111.

by Anonymousreply 112October 27, 2017 9:45 AM

He's very cute in the One Day At A Time photos. According to imdb, that episode aired in November of '76 and Star Wars filmed from March-July of '76 so he must've done that ep. right after finishing Star Wars.

by Anonymousreply 113October 27, 2017 12:07 PM

With the beard he looks like Oliver Reed.

by Anonymousreply 114October 27, 2017 12:44 PM

It seems like he lost weight during when filming Stars in 1976. Most of the stars of the movie look like they did if you look at photos of them vs photos of them before and after filming. They were in the dessert for a long time filming in extreme temperatures. You can see more of his facial bone structure in the movies. But he was a 70s blonde twink extravaganza for sure. So cute.

by Anonymousreply 115October 27, 2017 1:15 PM

What kind of dessert R115? Perhaps a lovely crème brûlée?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 27, 2017 1:18 PM

lol 116

by Anonymousreply 117October 27, 2017 1:28 PM

Mark Hamill thread where several posters claim he was bi in the 70s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 27, 2017 2:09 PM

R97, you can see the changes more in the movements of his face than in photos. Watch Raintree Country, which he was filming when the crash happened. I believe most or all of the interior scenes were done before the crash. You can see a huge difference in the way he talks and emotes, largely because of facial paralysis, from before to after.

by Anonymousreply 119October 27, 2017 3:51 PM

R119 yeah, in Suddenly, Last Summer it's pretty apparent that his face and voice are limited to an extent that it would also limit the character he would be able to play. It must have been devastating for him.

I wonder if he and James Dean fucked. Can you imagine that hot, repressed rabid scene? Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 120October 27, 2017 3:55 PM

[quote]R102 yes, that is the person that disappeared after the car accident. That is Mark Hamill as I understood him after watching Star Wars in 1977. Very different from the Empire Hamill and the Jedi Hamill.

Agreed

by Anonymousreply 121February 19, 2018 11:16 PM

Aliens did it.

by Anonymousreply 122February 19, 2018 11:22 PM

OP looks fetching in this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123February 19, 2018 11:28 PM

For a guy with minimal (at best) acting talent, he certainly made the best of what he had. Not sure about the plastic surgery thing - now he has a face like a basset hound, but it suits him. He clearly had a blast with the new Star Wars movies, has an age appropriate wife and didn't become a complete loon like Carrie Fisher.

by Anonymousreply 124February 19, 2018 11:36 PM

A recent photo. I think he looks pretty good for 66 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 20, 2018 1:50 AM

How long until he gets fat again? I know he lost weight for the new Star Wars, but since that's over for his character (barring a force ghost appearance) will he pork out and look like he did in Kingsmen?

by Anonymousreply 126February 20, 2018 4:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!