Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Charlene Tilton - "C'est La Vie"

I take back every bad thing I said about Audrey Landers' singing voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 11, 2019 8:02 AM

Yikes, that was painful to listen. But we eurogays do hold a special place in our hearts for Miss Audrey Landers - she was popular before my time but even I know what a monster hit "Manuel Goodbye" was. It also spawned countless covers in dozens of different languages.

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2017 7:32 PM

So funny. I just watched the original Freaky Friday on TCM, and recognized a 14yr old Tilton. Her first movie role.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2017 7:34 PM

I couldn't listen to the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2017 7:39 PM

Janet Jackson could learn a thing or two from Ms. Tilton!

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2017 7:41 PM

[quote]Yikes, that was painful to listen. But we eurogays do hold a special place in our hearts for Miss Audrey Landers - she was popular before my time but even I know what a monster hit "Manuel Goodbye" was. It also spawned countless covers in dozens of different languages.

Too bad Yiddish wasn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2017 7:51 PM

Sweet Bird of Youth fly, fly away...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2017 9:25 PM

I used to confuse her with Sally Struthers all the time.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2017 10:17 PM

Oh, come on it's not THAT bad! I really feel like Charlene really missed out on a bigger career, I think the influence of her ex-husband Johnny Lee didn't help. She made some poor career choices including turning down the Karen Allen role in Shoot the Moon and Meg Tilley's role in The Big Chill

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2017 1:48 AM

TMZ is reporting that she now runs that little machine that runs around the golf course picking up little golf balls now.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2017 2:48 AM

Where is her neck? She's like the white Esther Rolle.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2017 2:53 AM

She did some nowhere dinner theater production of Driving Miss Daisy. And she played Miss Daisy.

I loved when David Jacobs was very blunt that Charlene was not what he envisioned when he created and wrote Lucy. He considered her a weak link.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2017 2:53 AM

That single was heavily marketed in Europe, where Dallas' popularity rivaled its popularity in the US.

The musical tracks sound like the very middle-of-the-road, uninspired singles that were so popular in France when I lived their in the '80s. I'm guessing that the songwriter was Italian.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2017 4:45 AM

It's only fair to contrast it to this little nugget:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2017 5:28 AM

Please keep the 80s C-list pop coming...I'm living for it!

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2017 6:20 AM

About ten years ago I saw her in a production of Extremities at a Theatre near Rancho Mirage, she was surprisingly good.

by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2017 10:07 AM

So sad ..........here is Charlene 'performing' her song around an audience that obviously could not care less.

Reminds me of that video of Chris Crocker stripping and everyone around him ignoring him and talking amongst themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2017 4:33 PM

I'm starting to like that song.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2017 2:01 AM

R15, I could easily believe that was some sort of "Lucy becomes a pop star" story that Dallas might have tried 1984. Didn't Lucy have to sing while Greg Evigan held up a bar in one episode?

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2017 5:00 AM

R7 Charlene Tilton transformed into Sally Struthers, while Struthers transformed into Shelley Winters.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2017 5:02 AM

...and Shelley Winters transformed into the GoodYear blimp.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2017 5:04 AM

The song isn't bad, but her singing is terrible. She spits out the words in unintelligible syllables.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2017 5:19 AM

R20 I know you're trying to be funny, but tragically that's not true. Shelley was very sick for the last couple years of her life and died at about 95 pounds. I purposely took out-of-town friends to the West Hollywood diner where she was known to have lunch every day, (can't remember the name!). This was a few months before she died. We were disappointed she wasn't at her regular table. Then we realized the wispy thin woman in the wheelchair at the table next to us was Shelley when she gave out her inimitable laugh. Skippy Lowe and Ruta Lee were also at the table so we knew for certain it was Shelley.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2017 5:24 AM

I actually had this album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2017 8:40 AM

[quote]I know you're trying to be funny

Trying is one thing. Succeeding is another.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2017 9:29 AM

Shocked that this hasn't been posted yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2017 5:52 PM

I had this song stuck in my head this morning.

by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2017 1:02 AM

There is a part of DL that is Charlene Tilton.

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2017 1:04 AM

I think she's tremendous. This little no-neck, porcine gal has got moxie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2017 1:11 AM

R26, good to see you here, Philece!

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2017 2:23 AM

She ate at Nate n Als.

by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2017 2:45 AM

She looks like she'll drink you under the table, all on your dime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2017 3:02 AM

Watch this one. It starts with a robot introducing Char and then an ass shot.

There is no point in this where she is not Lucy Ewing awkwardly trying to follow up Miss Young Dallas with a turn as a Holiday Inn Laura Branigan.

She's dressed like Ciji Dunne.

R29, I was drawn in at Charlene Tilton. I'm a sucker for these gals.

Check out her choreography and move from one stage level to another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2017 3:48 AM

The first monster truck, American bikini, mud girl of my childhood!

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2017 4:05 AM

Anyone know anything about her? Has she ever dabbled in the ladies?

by Anonymousreply 34March 11, 2019 7:33 AM

Ms Tilton, aka Tee Poison Dwarf

by Anonymousreply 35March 11, 2019 7:35 AM

I was a kid when Dallas was on and I wanted to be Charlene Tilton so bad. That hair, that smile. Those tits! I thought she had it goin' on!

by Anonymousreply 36March 11, 2019 7:38 AM

Charlene reminds me of a less talented version of my old boss, Lime's Joy Dorris.. Godspeed, Joy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 11, 2019 7:56 AM

Steal Me Away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 11, 2019 8:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!