Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jogger literally pushes woman under bus and proceeds as though nothing happened

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 1, 2018 6:24 AM

OK which one of you British DL bitches did this?

Ayb?

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2017 7:48 PM

AYB is a sweetie.

The guy was arrested at his home in Chelsea. It's a wealthy area, right?

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2017 7:59 PM

Also discussed here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2017 7:59 PM

"Move it along, Toots!"

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2017 8:00 PM

He's a lunatic, but you can't say he pushed her "under" a bus unless she ended up under a bus, which she didn't thanks to the quick actions of the bus driver.

by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2017 8:05 PM

AYB is a right-wing nutjob who was posting self-loathing homophobic crap on here, last I knew. "Sweetie" my arse.

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2017 8:05 PM

As opposed to "[italic]metaphorically[/italic] pushes a woman under the bus", OP?

Oh, shit, that one actually makes sense as well.

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2017 8:10 PM

R5 apparently missed the first sentence of the OP

by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2017 8:11 PM

When I look at the video it almost seems like he did it on purpose. The woman was walking on the left side (of the path), but he stuck to the middle and sort of block/pushed her out of his way.

The other weird part of the story is that he jogged back the same way fifteen minutes later.

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2017 8:22 PM

I am curious about that too, R2.

by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2017 8:24 PM

That was more likely Erna /MPC.

by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2017 8:30 PM

I've said it before but there is not only road rage but walk/running rage. People feel territorial about the streets and believe it's "their" area, so they mark their territory and good luck to those who enter their territory. He probably felt she should get out of the way and pushed her accordingly (in his mind).

I think you are going to see more and more of these types of incidents.

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2017 8:35 PM

in olden times it was the joggers who were randomly shot from passing cars. But today the asshole who were driving then are jogging now!

by Anonymousreply 13August 10, 2017 8:41 PM

r8 apparently doesn't know what the word "literally" means.

by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2017 8:43 PM

R14 does not understand the qualifying nature of "Well," and blindly (NOT LITERALLY!) )adheres to such a rigid defecation schedule, that he still has 15 minutes to potty time and might not make it.

by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2017 8:48 PM

I find NYC joggers arrogant, especially on the city streets. Go find a park, you douchebags.

But I find NYC cyclists terrifying at times. They wiil run a bitch DOWN.

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2017 8:58 PM

This is the oddest thing. Tell the guy who felt white women shoved him off the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2017 9:06 PM

Yes, R16, I had a jogger clap his hands in front of my face, I suppose because he thought I was in his way. The local gym has a class that jogs through the neighborhood, I was walking by the gym when they all came bounding out not looking where they were going, all in a pack. I had to just stop and stand still until they were past me.

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2017 9:21 PM

For once I'm overoyed that London is blanketed with thousands of CCTV cams.

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2017 10:00 PM

I'd love to find out the identity of this man. A middle aged guy behaving like douche... a banker.

by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2017 10:06 PM

Runners are cunts

by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2017 10:08 PM

You apparently haven't been around much lately R2. AYB has turned into a fucking insane nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2017 10:45 PM

I've been around much less, R22 and don't recall seeing a post of his for a couple of years, at least. I had no idea. That's disappointing to hear.

by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2017 10:53 PM

This and some other threads on this board, are good evidence that us homos are simply incapable of playing nicely together.

by Anonymousreply 24August 10, 2017 10:58 PM

Is ayb, Caolan Robertson?

by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2017 11:21 PM

In London there's no set rule about which side of the "pavement" to walk on-unlike NYC where it's absolutely the right side.

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2017 12:08 AM

I live half a mile from that bridge.

Local gossip is the guy is being investigated for other attacks on women.

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2017 12:19 AM

I bet he was continuously attacked by women for having a tiny penis.

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2017 12:54 AM

R20 it will bE interesting to find out if he's indeed a bankster.

by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2017 1:23 AM

Has the woman been identified?

by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2017 2:07 AM

I literally can't believe that you literally posted this on DL just as I was literally going out for a jog myself!

by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2017 2:12 AM

[quote]Local gossip is the guy is being investigated for other attacks on women.

This explains the lack of identification and why the Daily Mail hasn't already featured the "hero bus driver" and those who attended to the woman. I was surprise the arrest received little fanfare

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2017 2:22 AM

I think there is a strain of serial killer who goes out looking for lone pedestrians, cyclists, hitchhikers, etc. and just mows them down. These deaths happen way too often to be accidental.

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2017 2:31 AM

I think cyclist are assholes.

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2017 2:31 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2017 2:36 AM

Initially he was described as looking mid thirties, so he must be doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2017 2:48 AM

R36 that is such a DL comment.

[quote]He probably felt she should get out of the way and pushed her accordingly (in his mind).

Did you watch the video? She wasn't in his path at all. He passes by a man in a suit and as he approaches the woman, he veers to his right (our left) to purposely knock her into the road. The fact that he jogged back to the scene of the crime 15 minutes later makes me think this involves some severe form of mental illness, like schizophrenia.

And I'm not familiar with British law, but one article said he'll be charged with "intent to cause grievous bodily harm" or something. This was attempted murder, no doubt about it.

by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2017 2:59 AM

Men are such psycho cunts.

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2017 3:07 AM

LEFT!

LEFT!

LEFT!

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2017 3:31 AM

Any more news? Has he been named yet?

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2017 8:06 AM

She probably said something smart to him. Little cunt.

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2017 8:19 AM

An American investment banker wanker has been arrested:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2017 12:09 PM

Eric Bellquist is the American working in London who was arrested for the assault, but his lawyers say they have irrefutable proof he was in the U.S. on business at the time.

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2017 12:22 PM

Even if he is telling the truth, his life is ruined. Everyone will associate his name with that jogger.

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2017 1:13 PM

That's quite peculiar, R43.

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2017 5:24 PM

Was I right? A douche banker?

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2017 5:25 PM

I love how the comments in the Daily Fail are so anti jogger

by Anonymousreply 47August 11, 2017 5:45 PM

They're not allowing any comments in the DM article.??

We'll he can just show his passport stamps and be on his way. If he is innocent, he either has a doppelganger or has dark hair, a slight resemblance, and a lot of enemies as investment bankers with sociopoathy tend to.

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2017 6:57 PM

R46 Yes you were right! How did you guess it would be a douche banker? Are you clairvoyant

by Anonymousreply 49August 12, 2017 7:22 AM

R48, why on earth would you assume the cops didn't check his alibi before they charged him? The way it works is that when he was questioned by LEO, he said he had an alibi for the date in question. They looked into his alibi and it didn't pass their scrutiny. He's probably got nothing else, no one who likes him enough to lie for him, so they charged him. They probably had the woman he assaulted look at photos to see if she could identify him, and it's also probable they conducted a lineup where she picked him out of a group of men who look like him. It's quite probable the cops were able to zero in on him as a suspect after finding other CCTV tapes of him running. Most runners prefer routine, so he may have changed his running route for a time to try to throw LEO off his trail, especially after the woman saw him on his return run, but he eventually returned to his usual route.

Cops don't like to waste time in a highly publicized case and they certainly don't want the media ribbing they would get if they never investigated his alibi when it's a basic part of investigative technique.

His lawyers raised the alibi issue to create doubt in the minds of potential jurors. It's what they're paid to do. Doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense; the purpose of such an allegation is to raise even a tiny sliver of doubt. The fact that the alibi is the only issue his lawyers have mentioned makes me think the cops have him dead to rights and his lawyers know it. It's interesting that he has dyed his hair, generally improved his skin care and grooming and lost a bunch of weight so he looks more appealing to the public and also less like the CCTV video. That's all very deliberate.

If he has a history of this behavior, I wonder if other victims will come forward to say he did the same thing to them.

by Anonymousreply 50August 12, 2017 8:38 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 12, 2017 12:46 PM

Doh! @ R50

by Anonymousreply 52August 12, 2017 12:48 PM

More like out on bail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 12, 2017 12:54 PM

No, i think they said he's been cleared.

Seems to me they ought to present what evidence they had against him.

by Anonymousreply 54August 12, 2017 12:59 PM

Why he still fat wity big belly if he runs?

by Anonymousreply 55August 12, 2017 1:10 PM

Daily Mail is saying CLEARED... WTF??? How on earth did this get to the point of arrest if he had evidence he was in the US?

by Anonymousreply 56August 12, 2017 1:39 PM

STOP saying "literally." It's driving me crazy. Almost as much as "both sides of the aisle" and "at the end of the day."

by Anonymousreply 57August 12, 2017 1:45 PM

From the Guardian:

A 41-year-old man arrested by police after a jogger apparently pushed a woman into the path of a London bus will face no further action.

Eric Bellquist was arrested on Thursday on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm, but on Saturday police said he had now been eliminated from the inquiry.

Bellquist’s lawyers said he had irrefutable proof that he was in the US at the time of the incident, which happened on Putney Bridge in west London on 5 May.

Damn, I would've thought for certain that some asshole banker would be just the kind of person to push a woman in front of a bus.

by Anonymousreply 58August 12, 2017 1:49 PM

Seems like he has a lawsuit now. His name has been besmirched forever.

by Anonymousreply 59August 12, 2017 2:26 PM

I think that septic cunt snuck back into the UK so he could push that nice English lady and then snuck right back out again.

by Anonymousreply 60August 12, 2017 2:37 PM

OP is the woman who was pushed.

R57 is the jogger.

Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 61August 12, 2017 3:11 PM

And 7 months later, the guy still hasn't been caught. Wow. Is the justice system in the UK particularly shitty, or are they just choosing not to investigate too urgently because the woman didn't die?

by Anonymousreply 62January 1, 2018 3:52 AM

Another Daily Mail link not viewable.

by Anonymousreply 63January 1, 2018 4:15 AM

r63 you can view them if you go to settings and un-check the "show link previews".

by Anonymousreply 64January 1, 2018 4:19 AM

My first thought was that she wasn't so much in his way, as that she was the one he picked out to execute an idea he had on his head before leaving home that day.

by Anonymousreply 65January 1, 2018 4:22 AM

R63 I am a total cyber 'tard. Would you be an angel and explain that as if you were talking to a three year old?

A million thanks,

by Anonymousreply 66January 1, 2018 4:35 AM

Where's Black Mirror technology when you need it?

by Anonymousreply 67January 1, 2018 4:38 AM

Do we have to pick as this scab?

The woman is alive

by Anonymousreply 68January 1, 2018 4:41 AM

R68 ...yet, the guy who nearly killed her (and probably traumatized her for life) is still at large.

by Anonymousreply 69January 1, 2018 4:54 AM

Only because of the quick actions of the bus driver, R68.

There's been a guy pushing gay men into canals in Manchester for several years. Quite a few of them died. Many in the gay community believe he's a serial killer. I believe them. The police, although admitting that the victims were predominantly gay men and that they find it unusual that so many have drowned in the same stretch of canal, are not convinced

This particular jogger deliberately pushed that woman into the path of an oncoming bus. He's a misogynist and I bet you he's done it many times before.

Both homophobia and misogyny is on the rise in the West. The misogynists who post on DL should bare that in mind.

by Anonymousreply 70January 1, 2018 5:03 AM

I think the claps are for people with headphones. I’ve been out hiking the hills nearly completely alone for miles and some guy trying to reach peak cardio will start yelling.

by Anonymousreply 71January 1, 2018 5:53 AM

Captain Intolerance: I think you mean bear. I am horrified to read your post re: homophobia. Sickening.

by Anonymousreply 72January 1, 2018 5:55 AM

I bet the guy who pushed her found a different jogging route. And I still think he's a banker.

by Anonymousreply 73January 1, 2018 6:01 AM

Hooray for the big brother police state camera world of the UK — so efficient at catching criminals!

by Anonymousreply 74January 1, 2018 6:06 AM

This story is crazy. This psycho wanted to unleash his darkness and keep it pushing w/o consequences or cares. He needs to be found.

by Anonymousreply 75January 1, 2018 6:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!