Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How does Vin Diesel have a career?

I mean if you aren't good looking, you'd have to have some kind of talent right? I've watched the furious movies, and xx xander cage. And all he really does is posture in those movies, and it's the movie implies that he's actually good looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 16, 2021 7:35 PM

He's ugly, charmless and can't act. He's a six foot tall baked potato on steroids (that wore off years ago).

by Anonymousreply 1May 9, 2017 3:14 AM

He's not even hot. He looks like Eros Ramazzotti's retarded brother.

by Anonymousreply 2May 9, 2017 3:16 AM

His voice keeps your eyes looking at his crotch instead of his face.

Which is '"ironically" why he's probably so popular with straight guys. Oh, and ladies. Yes, and all of the ladies that flock to Vin Diesel pictures.

by Anonymousreply 3May 9, 2017 3:17 AM

Don't forget his strenuous turn voice acting saying "I am Groot" ten thousand times.

by Anonymousreply 4May 9, 2017 3:42 AM

That's movie magic for you. Even SJP was passed off as beautiful and desirable. We all bought it.

by Anonymousreply 5May 9, 2017 3:45 AM

Millennials LOVE repetition, R4.

by Anonymousreply 6May 9, 2017 3:45 AM

I know a lot of straight girls who think he's really hot.

I do not know any straight guys who think SJP is hot.

by Anonymousreply 7May 9, 2017 3:46 AM

He's the biggest star of the hottest movie in the world right how.

He voices Baby Groot in Guardians of the Galaxay 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 9, 2017 3:54 AM

He actually WAS really hot 15 years ago, when he had genuine abs and was less puffy and lined.

Since then, he's just been coasting on that voice.

by Anonymousreply 9May 9, 2017 3:59 AM

[quote] He's the biggest star of the hottest movie in the world right how.

The "biggest star of the hottest movie in the world right now" is a collection of CGI pixels animated to look like a walking baby tree.

I don't think that's going to translate much into plum roles for Vin.

by Anonymousreply 10May 9, 2017 4:02 AM

Vin has 3 blockbuster franchises to his name. The Fast the Furious alone will keep him employed indefinitely.

by Anonymousreply 11May 9, 2017 4:10 AM

Vin is a Weasel.

by Anonymousreply 12May 9, 2017 4:12 AM

Never understood his appeal either.

by Anonymousreply 13May 9, 2017 4:13 AM

My friend's son wrote one of the Fast & Furious movies:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 9, 2017 4:15 AM

rent boy who met the right producers etc?

by Anonymousreply 15May 9, 2017 4:22 AM

I saw The Fate Of The Furious over the weekend (my first F&F movie) and Vin Diesel looks pretty beat up and paunchy. He talks in monotones and mumbles, perhaps doing a bad imitation of Brando. The movie was okay but I have no idea how Vin Diesel became famous. He looks like Uncle Fester's younger brother.

by Anonymousreply 16May 9, 2017 4:32 AM

What are the Fast and Furious movies about anyway? Are they loveable criminals a la Oceans 11 or are they good guys?

by Anonymousreply 17May 9, 2017 4:51 AM

Like r9 said, he was hot 15/16 years ago when the first film came out. He hasn't aged well and his schtick in the F&F films has grown tired and been eclipsed by both the Rock and Jason Statham, who are simply more charming and look to be having more fun. Diesel seems to take the whole thing too seriously.

He suited the series when it first started, when it was more about racing competitions. As the sequels got bigger, they morphed into over-the-top action spectacles, better suited to The Rock and Statham, who are more fit and believable action heroes.

by Anonymousreply 18May 9, 2017 5:01 AM

[quote] Vin has 3 blockbuster franchises to his name. The Fast the Furious alone will keep him employed indefinitely.

He doesn't have to step on another film set, and he'd still be set up for life. The F&F films have made billions.

by Anonymousreply 19May 9, 2017 5:01 AM

Yeah, he's definitely got some cash by now.

by Anonymousreply 20May 9, 2017 5:23 AM

It's that voice and those muscles. He may not be very handsome, but he is hot as fuck and makes us gals cream our jeans.

by Anonymousreply 21May 9, 2017 5:40 AM

"Those muscles" looked much better fifteen years ago, in case "us gals" haven't noticed because your jeans are too sopping with lady mayo.

by Anonymousreply 22May 9, 2017 5:52 AM

"I mean if you aren't good looking, you'd have to have some kind of talent right? "

Good looking is subjective. "Real" talent is less subjective, but the kind of "talent" that can lead to a Diesel-type career is pretty subjective. His career speaks for itself. He's been mega successful. Straight guys generally like him; a subset of women think (or at least thought) he's attractive. DL has an obsession with the meritocracy of "talent" and always makes these stupid comments that somebody shouldn't be successful because they're not talented, and it's a huge question how a person ended up with a successful career. Only it's not. Arguably less "talented" people have had big careers for all of entertainment history.

by Anonymousreply 23May 9, 2017 5:55 AM

Charles Bronson and Jim "Hey Vern!" Varney and Adam Sandler also had "mega-successful" careers. That does not mean they were talented nor attractive. They were just in the right place at the right time. So was Vin Diesel.

But I don't what "His career speaks for itself" is supposed to mean.

by Anonymousreply 24May 9, 2017 6:01 AM

Re: Vin's success

He had a decent independent film that brought attention to him. He got the F&F and thought he was above it, after a few sequels. So, he left and realized no one cares about him, and he went crawling back. Now, he has a death grip on the franchise. He's even a producer. Funny, how life can bring you down to earth.

Currently, the Rock is where Vin should be, if Vin kept it real.

I love that the Rock took away his "shine" as the light skin multicultural black man that Vin was so ashamed to say he was.

Oh, happy day!

That was one of the reason for their beef. The Rock embraced that he was black -- first, but Vin wanted to point out how white his twin looked. Plus, Vin shaved his afro to hide he's black.

Now -- years later --he wants to say this:

[quote]“I’m the first multicultural megastar in Hollywood,” Diesel says. “They didn’t exist. To see another multicultural star come up is something I am very proud of. I’m always rooting Dwayne on.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 9, 2017 7:34 AM

Diesel looks like a potato compared to Dwayne Johnson. No comparison What So Evah!

by Anonymousreply 26May 9, 2017 8:21 AM

The combination of his body and voice make Vin so hot. It's not difficult imagining some rough sex where he pins you down, chokes you with those arm muscles and fucks you hard till he cums. I can only dream of the degrading dirty talk to come out of that mouth of his.

by Anonymousreply 27May 9, 2017 8:53 AM

Will never not be funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 9, 2017 9:01 AM

Lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 9, 2017 9:02 AM

He was great in The Iron Giant!

by Anonymousreply 30May 9, 2017 9:04 AM

Ummm. The Rock is not black. He is Samoan.

by Anonymousreply 31May 9, 2017 9:12 AM

Vin Diesel was attractive and definitely sexy when he was young and "black" looking.

Its foolish to say he has no talent because talent does not rise to the top in show BUSINESS. He must appeal to a lot of people and that is talent of some sort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 9, 2017 9:15 AM

[Quote] Ummm. The Rock is not black. He is Samoan.

Same diff in America.

by Anonymousreply 33May 9, 2017 9:15 AM

R31) Please speak what you know.

His dad is black and his mother is Samoan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 9, 2017 9:18 AM

But he's not just "black". Diesel's also a mix of German, Puerto Rican, Jewish and a few other ethnicities as well as African-American, and he really does look like an even mix.

by Anonymousreply 35May 9, 2017 10:01 AM

He's the black Bruce Willis.

by Anonymousreply 36May 9, 2017 10:08 AM

[Quote] and he really does look like an even mix.

He can pass for either.

by Anonymousreply 37May 9, 2017 10:09 AM

I love how we're being gaslit into believing that Vin Diesel has some kind of intoxicating manly voice. He does not, it's regular Gay Voice except delivered in a baritone. And it also sounds a little Ferrigno-esque, I wonder if he has any hearing loss.

Oh, and "dates in Europe" is a lame cover for being gay.

by Anonymousreply 38May 9, 2017 10:17 AM

He's not black black

by Anonymousreply 39May 9, 2017 11:17 AM

I'm a woman and I think he's gross. The only film I ever sort of liked him in was Boiler Room. And even that was mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 40May 9, 2017 11:18 AM

The Rock is a charming hunk and not afraid to camp it up either!

Vin Diesel is a big brown skid mark.

by Anonymousreply 41May 9, 2017 11:21 AM

Vin Diesel just had 6 weeks straight of being number one at BO (Fate and Furious and Guardians) so you can suck it, haters.🖕🏼

by Anonymousreply 42May 9, 2017 12:01 PM

Charter member of the Hollywood Lucky Club

by Anonymousreply 43May 9, 2017 12:10 PM

The Fast and Furious is a giant global franchise OP for which Vin Diesel gets paid ungodly amounts of money for.

by Anonymousreply 44May 9, 2017 12:12 PM

Once again: The power of adjacency

by Anonymousreply 45May 9, 2017 12:18 PM

I agree with pretty much everything said in this thread BUT - he was perfectly cast and did an excellent job in the Riddick trilogy.

I've never seen him in anything else and probably never will, but he nailed Riddick.

by Anonymousreply 46May 9, 2017 12:19 PM

I think he was, and still is, in love with Paul Walker.

by Anonymousreply 47May 9, 2017 12:26 PM

The rock is hot asf and bi, vin is a huge closet queen. Will never come out.

by Anonymousreply 48May 9, 2017 12:37 PM

Vin Diesel and the Rock were fighting like crazy during the filming of the last movie. Apparently Vin is a giant diva on set and the Rock was sick of it.

Some fans were even speculating they weren't going to return to do another one (puh-lease, the giant paycheck ensures they will).

by Anonymousreply 49May 9, 2017 12:39 PM

Vin Diesel does NOT have gay voice. Even if he is a closet case (no evidence to support this though) his voice is very sexy and masculine.

by Anonymousreply 50May 9, 2017 1:47 PM

Dude bros & horny straight girls love him.

by Anonymousreply 51May 9, 2017 2:15 PM

size meat verificata?

by Anonymousreply 52May 9, 2017 2:22 PM

Another girl here, another vote for gross bland potato man.

by Anonymousreply 53May 9, 2017 2:29 PM

The 'problem' with Vin's face is that he has 'black' features , while being passing as white and that irritates people, I think he would really look better as a black man.

by Anonymousreply 54May 9, 2017 2:38 PM

R50 = fan frau

by Anonymousreply 55May 9, 2017 2:45 PM

EXCUSE ME, he's one of our best gay actors who can excel at playing a straight man. Why, he's even better than Tom Cruisey but not as convincing as George Cummy.

"Terribly masculine" - The Village Voice

"Tolerable lay, decent cock"- Duane, last night's lay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 9, 2017 2:53 PM

R21, no one here gives a shit what 'gals' think about Vin Diesel or anything else.

by Anonymousreply 57May 9, 2017 2:59 PM

Here's Vin & his equally 'HOT' twin brother.

Maybe some of you would like to be the 'meat' in a Diesel Sandwich. Yum yum yummy, NOT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 9, 2017 3:02 PM

He has tard face and a week chin. That is hilarious r58. No one has mentioned Vin Diesel being closeted.

by Anonymousreply 59May 9, 2017 3:07 PM

His voice is Harvey Fierstein adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 60May 9, 2017 4:28 PM

[quote] Vin Diesel just had 6 weeks straight of being number one at BO (Fate and Furious and Guardians)

Yes, the reason for Guardians of the Galaxy being #1 at the box office is undoubtedly Vin's voice saying "I AM GROOT."

by Anonymousreply 61May 9, 2017 5:31 PM

"Pitch Black" was a fine scifi thriller, and it made Diesel a star. But the next movie in the Riddick series was boring as well as absolutely ridiculous, showing Diesel has a messiah complex, and memorably featuring Dame Judi Dench playing a cloud of vapor (I am not making this up). It was so awful I didn't even bother seeing the third film.

by Anonymousreply 62May 9, 2017 5:36 PM

R2 Eros Ramazotti is not that ugly. He was cute when he was younger. Vincenza looked like an ugly street rat from the hood.

by Anonymousreply 63May 9, 2017 5:44 PM

In the third and most recent Riddick movie, Vin is so sexy that he TURNS A LESBIAN STRAIGHT!

And she's not "bisexual" - she flat out says, "LESBIAN!"

But Vin's manly sexiness overpowers her in the end and she is happy to let him fuck her.

The message is clear...

by Anonymousreply 64May 9, 2017 10:46 PM

I think he appeals to that part of men that equates muscles, a shaved head, a deep, gruff voice and a fuck off attitude with manliness. And the part of women that gets wet over those same things.

by Anonymousreply 65May 9, 2017 10:49 PM

ya think? great sleuthing, dora

by Anonymousreply 66May 9, 2017 10:56 PM

Not men r65, BOYS

by Anonymousreply 67May 9, 2017 11:00 PM

He's a Stallone. Mediocre actor, but savvy-lucky enough to create multiple lowbrow franchises. And his cheesy biracial Kojack sthick worked for a hot minute.

by Anonymousreply 68May 9, 2017 11:04 PM

Muscles, a deep, gruff voice and a fuck off attitude ARE chief characteristics of manliness/masculinity. How can anyone argue with this? No muscles, a high, soft voice and an accommodating attitude are characteristics of femininity.

by Anonymousreply 69May 9, 2017 11:06 PM

R169

You're just jealous !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 9, 2017 11:13 PM

[quote] Muscles, a deep, gruff voice and a fuck off attitude ARE chief characteristics of manliness/masculinity. How can anyone argue with this?

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 71May 9, 2017 11:16 PM

Among action heroes, he is The Chinless Wonder.

by Anonymousreply 72May 9, 2017 11:20 PM

Vin Diesel is the John Wayne for our era.

by Anonymousreply 73May 10, 2017 12:11 AM

It isn't your era if you know who John Wayne is.

by Anonymousreply 74May 10, 2017 12:30 AM

r73 truth shmuth

by Anonymousreply 75May 10, 2017 12:35 AM

[quote]"Pitch Black" was a fine scifi thriller, and it made Diesel a star. But the next movie in the Riddick series was boring as well as absolutely ridiculous, showing Diesel has a messiah complex, and memorably featuring Dame Judi Dench playing a cloud of vapor (I am not making this up). It was so awful I didn't even bother seeing the third film.

I love The Chronicles of Riddick. Sure you can see Diesel is playing Riddick as a superhero but that's just business as usual with these testosterone driven action stars. The F&F series is also about superheroes. I remember people hating The Chronicles since it was suddenly this huge blockbuster space opera after the extremely low budgeted Pitch Black. I thought it was great and was a bit disappointed when the third film sort of went back into being another Pitch Black. The Chronicles is a fun ride the way Jupiter Ascending tried and failed to be. I just noticed they are making another Riddick sequel called Furia, where Riddick goes back to his home planet. Can't wait.

Diesel is great as Riddick, and as Toretto in the F&F series. I haven't seen much else from him but I doubt he's the most versatile actor out there. He's had a few bombs over the years, like Babylon A.D. and The Last Witch Hunter, but in a right role he can be great.

I don't really mind that he's makings tons of money with the F&F series. At this point I suspect he's getting percentage of the profits. According to Forbes he made $47M in 2015 and $35M in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 76May 10, 2017 12:40 AM

Vin has a nice deep voice like Virginia Graham.

by Anonymousreply 77May 10, 2017 12:56 AM

He only has the Fast and Furious movies and no one goes to see them just because of him. In Guardians of the Galaxy, he's just a voice over like Bradley Cooper. Any number of actors could have done that.

He can't open a movie on his own. Nobody says I can't wait to see that new Vin Diesel movie. He was good in Pitch Black but now we know that was a one note performance.

He's set for life though so good for him. Take it while you can get it.

by Anonymousreply 78May 10, 2017 1:03 AM

I'm a woman, and can confirm there are many women who think he's hot, and they're also clueless that he's gay. I don't get it either. Total butterface, and he no longer has the sculpted body. He does have a nice voice. The Rock is a similar type of dude who has a much larger fanbase, though, which is probably why those guys can't stand each other.

by Anonymousreply 79May 10, 2017 1:09 AM

I don't think Diesel is gay at all. The guy seems pretty straight to me on film; he certainly exudes a raw masculinity that you don't see too much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 80May 10, 2017 1:12 AM

His career popped at a time when the previous generation of action megastars were aging out. Stallone and Schwarzenegger were pushing 50. Action was where studios made money before Marvel movies. Even shitty Stallone movies earned the equivalent of about $400-500 million in today's dollars in worldwide box office and those movies rented and sold like crazy plus play on TV/cable forever.

In terms of his appeal, plenty of minority groups see themselves in him. He's got a massive fan base with latinos and black people. And to an extent, he played that up. If you've never seen his short film Multifacial watch it on youtube. It's a great short and shows off his talent. Unlike action stars of the 80's and 90's, Vin is a real actor. If you've never seen Find me Guilty, its a terrific performance. Nobody saw it though and I think it scared him off from pursuing that kind of work. Roger Ebert said he didn't know he was watching Vin Diesel until the credits came up.

In terms of career, he's got so much money and nothing to prove to anyone. He's difficult without being impossible. Plenty of actors have to face up to their bad behavior and work hard to get a reputation back with studios. Because he's generally reliable, studios are willing to work with him but he ends up annoying them. Situation with the rock is a perfect example. Nothing big happened. Vin just kept oversleeping or refused to come out of his trailer and kept people standing around just long enough to irritate the shit out of everyone but not long enough that the studio is getting his lawyers on the phone. Generally his co-stars like him and like acting with him, they just have varied responses to the amount of time they sit around waiting for him. He's had squabbles with various directors he has worked with and then goes back to working with them again. He's not very social and prefers working with the same people. He doesnt look for projects to prove himself or his range like a lot of big money actors do who want to be taken more seriously. He takes himself seriously as an actor.

He's the kind of guy who blows off a lot of meetings and doesn't pursue supporting roles at all. He doesn't get involved with a lot of projects either and while a lot of actors really work to get the great roles and then do paycheck stuff, most of his effort is put into the paycheck stuff. He is very involved in the development of his franchises and has been since the beginning.

I worked at a studio that did one of the franchise movies with him and myself and my coworkers had plenty of interactions with him. He's generally pleasant and is very charming at times. I only dealt with him after becoming a big deal so its hard to tell how much of the charm is part of the personality that makes an actor pop on screen and how much of it is the glow of spending years being the center of everyone's attention in every room they walk into. But theres no question in my mind he's the real deal. I think he could have aimed much higher in terms of the projects he's done but its that lack of reach that is putting $50 million per year, every year in his pocket so who am I to second guess that.

by Anonymousreply 81May 10, 2017 1:19 AM

[quote]I don't think Diesel is gay at all.

Lol, you honestly don't see anything suspicious about Mr "I just prefer to date in Europe"?

by Anonymousreply 82May 10, 2017 1:25 AM

r82 Hard to argue that is a suspicious comment. Long time has passed since then, if he was in some glass closet, we'd know by now. Guarantee it. Look at how many times Travolta has been outed by reliable sources.

by Anonymousreply 83May 10, 2017 1:35 AM

[quote] he certainly exudes a raw masculinity that you don't see too much anymore.

I see it often among gay men. You can't get more of a sense of testosterone, the essence of raw masculinity, than with men together.

Most men I fool around with would burst your little pimple about stereotypical masculinity being a straight trait, r80. Gay men are attracted to men, not men who act like girls.

by Anonymousreply 84May 10, 2017 1:36 AM

[quote]It isn't your era if you know who John Wayne is.

So, you are saying you are from a generation of people who know nothing about history.

How proud you must be.

by Anonymousreply 85May 10, 2017 1:40 AM

[quote] In terms of career, he's got so much money and nothing to prove to anyone.

Did you not see "Feud"? Actors ALWAYS have things to prove. They are only ever as good as their last projects, as everyone knows.

Vin Diesel's career became practically non-existent for a couple of years ten years ago. He's back again, and good for him; but he knows that continued success is not guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 86May 10, 2017 1:43 AM

[quote] I don't think Diesel is gay at all. The guy seems pretty straight to me on film; he certainly exudes a raw masculinity that you don't see too much anymore.

Thanks for weighing in, Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 87May 10, 2017 1:44 AM

[quote] I love The Chronicles of Riddick.

Then you have TERRIBLE taste!

by Anonymousreply 88May 10, 2017 1:45 AM

Yeah R86 I did see it. Those ladies needed money. Vin has been earning $50 million per year with no signs of slowdown in the franchise. When that happens, he'll take less and keep it going and do whatever he feels like (which doesn't seem to be much but you'll see him do interesting movies with good filmmakers). He doesn't spend like Nicholas Cage or Johnny Depp though, so he's fine.

by Anonymousreply 89May 10, 2017 1:47 AM

r8 I absolutely hated the first Guardians movie but I may go see the second just to see baby Groot.

by Anonymousreply 90May 10, 2017 1:48 AM

[quote]Those ladies needed money. Vin has been earning $50 million per year with no signs of slowdown in the franchise.

You could have said that about Orlando Bloom or Keira Knightley ten years ago.

Stardom is never forever.

by Anonymousreply 91May 10, 2017 1:50 AM

R91 Your two examples were locked into 3 picture contracts and were kicked out of the franchise because they were expensive second bananas. I'm sure made lots and lots of money off Pirates but the two of them combined made less on all three Pirates combined than Vin makes on a single Fast and Furious movie.

Bloom and Knightly never opened a movie based on their presence. Personally I dont think the F&F franchise probably needs Vin at this point but Universal has those numbers (and pay hundreds of thousands for those poll/surveys) and they seem to be keeping him around. Even if they think he's not relevant anymore, why fuck up the recipe if its still selling tickets and getting bigger each time?

by Anonymousreply 92May 10, 2017 2:04 AM

While I get your point, Orlando Bloom was NEVER making Vin Diesel money, he wishes.

He was a no one when he signed to LOTR and they signed and filmed all three movies at once. The cast all got very SMALL paydays for that.

He finally made money with Pirates of the Caribbean, earning like 11mil a movie. Vin Diesel netted 47 mil off Fast 7 alone, and will get a similar paycheck from Fast 8.

by Anonymousreply 93May 10, 2017 2:05 AM

Who knew we had a rabid Vin Diesel Defender Troll?

by Anonymousreply 94May 10, 2017 2:06 AM

R12, What do you mean by calling Vin "a weasel?" He seemed very nice when I worked with him a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 95May 10, 2017 2:08 AM

I was going to answer for r92, but I see they beat me to it while I was posting. But yes they are right.

by Anonymousreply 96May 10, 2017 2:10 AM

R64 It's a fucking movie deary NOT real life. In addition, the movie in question sucked.

by Anonymousreply 97May 10, 2017 2:13 AM

You must be fucking kidding r97 if you don't really that having some proud lesbian character succumb to the males virile masculinity and just need to ride their dick is insulting and homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 98May 10, 2017 2:17 AM

realize*

by Anonymousreply 99May 10, 2017 2:17 AM

R81 To make that shitty third Riddick film, VD had to take out a mortgage on his house. If he had trouble finding financing for Riddick back in 2011(when his star was rising again) can you imagine how unmarketable he could be . Especially in one of his signature roles.

by Anonymousreply 100May 10, 2017 2:18 AM

[quote] He seemed very nice when I worked with him a few years ago.

The Rock called him a candy ass and unprofessional....

by Anonymousreply 101May 10, 2017 2:18 AM

R98. No . What you don't fucking realize is that it happened in a fucking movie and not in real life. Get a grip on things and give a real world example to explain VD's attractiveness. Who gives a fuck about a situation that is pure fiction..

by Anonymousreply 102May 10, 2017 2:27 AM

Whatever he does, the creepy ass Paul Walker grief train needs to stop

by Anonymousreply 103May 10, 2017 2:33 AM

[quote] and give a real world example to explain VD's attractiveness

...Wtf? I think you are very confused on what is going on. I was bitching that it happened because it's stupid and insulting. Explain his attractiveness? What? I was not doing that.

by Anonymousreply 104May 10, 2017 2:37 AM

The Vin Diesel fan is a fat girl with zits.

by Anonymousreply 105May 10, 2017 3:01 AM

seems like there's a few fans on here. That tends to happen when you're talking about a moviestar who makes $50 million per year.

by Anonymousreply 106May 10, 2017 3:02 AM

r98's point is that Diesel had complete script approval and so personally arranged to have a storyline where his character is considered SO hot he turns a lesbian through his sheer studliness. This is his idea of himself.

So r102, step away from the keyboard and try to calm yourself. You sound hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 107May 10, 2017 3:58 AM

R81 = Vin Diesel

by Anonymousreply 108May 10, 2017 9:55 AM

r107 No actually you are hysterically insane. Who cares about a dumb plot point in a film. Wow he made a dyke go straight for him. What a big ego he has. Please stop being so politically correct and irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 109May 10, 2017 1:26 PM

He was very good in Call Me Guilty and its director Sidney Lumet though highly of him.

by Anonymousreply 110May 10, 2017 1:43 PM

Vinnie was beautiful when he was young. Now he is older and, more, importantly, has given up on himself. The Ro

by Anonymousreply 111May 10, 2017 1:52 PM

Guh! I hate my computer.

The Rock has not given up on himself; hence, the good looks.

V has produced several series I love: Pitch Black, The Fast and the Furious, XxX,

I will say V has a magnetism that goes beyond his looks . If you ask me to define what that is, I can't. I just know he has it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 10, 2017 1:55 PM

Vin Diesel and the Rock are the last real action stars, but Diesel is an actor, kinda deep and dark, son of a psychologist, besides being an athlete and a star, the Rock is an athlete and a star, and a happy simpleton, not an actor, and no depth. Diesel also makes movies with artistry; he also acts with artists like Gerard Depardieu, Shakespeare Grande Dame Judi Dench and Rammstein, it wouldn't really fit with the Rock.

by Anonymousreply 113May 10, 2017 2:29 PM

R113 = Vin Diesel, again.

She's all over the thread. I guess between dates in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 114May 10, 2017 3:10 PM

r81, please share more business gossip.

r90, the reports of baby Groot's charms have not been exaggerated. But it's a long ass movie, you might want to wait until someone puts a collection of baby Groot highlights on youtube.

Lastly, to the individual freaking out about Riddick converting Starbuck to dick -- that plot point was stupid and unnecessary, regardless of the stated orientation of the female character. But I thought it was easily understood as she was bi but claimed to be a lesbian so guys wouldn't be bothering her for sex.

by Anonymousreply 115May 10, 2017 4:12 PM

R113. I agree with you., I befriended Diesel on Facebook awhile back and was surprised by his intuitive insight. He's surprisingly bright. The Rock is hysterically funny - that's his strength.

by Anonymousreply 116May 10, 2017 5:30 PM

Boy some people are quite naive. Hollywood is about sucking or getting sucked. That's how it works.

by Anonymousreply 117May 10, 2017 5:48 PM

R117 Thank you. Vin made a great bottom in his time. He has the perfect mouth for a blow job.

by Anonymousreply 118May 10, 2017 6:04 PM

r113 "but Diesel is an actor, kinda deep and dark, son of a psychologist,"

Where in the name of God did you get that piece of misinformation at?

by Anonymousreply 119May 10, 2017 6:19 PM

"Diesel also makes movies with artistry; he also acts with artists like Gerard Depardieu, Shakespeare Grande Dame Judi Dench and Rammstein"

Rammstein?? LOL

As for Judi Dench's artistry: yeah, her performance as a cloud really increased the prestige factor for "the Chronicles of Riddick.:

by Anonymousreply 120May 10, 2017 6:46 PM

The high artistry of Rammstein.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 10, 2017 6:48 PM

He's a Goddamned lucky son of a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 122May 10, 2017 6:49 PM

R115 There's no gossip just sharing what I know. The question of the thread was how does Vin Diesel have a career and I thought the answer was pretty obvious. I do think a lot of him as an actor and am disappointed with his output. This is a trained actor who respects the craft and then turns around and adds Judi Dench and Michael Caine to shit like Chronicles of Riddick and Last Witch Hunter so he can act with them instead of taking parts in movies worthy of Dench or Caine's talents. But its that specific lack of interest in doing other stuff that resulted in him returning to franchise work and fully committing his time and career to it. Most actors of that stature would say "fuck it, i have enough money, let me do creatively satisfying stuff" or do one franchise movie followed by a traditionally respectable film, then back to franchise. I think he really just loves the franchise stuff. in fairness, superstars tend to work in a very small window that fits the persona people buy tickets for. and when they step out of it, its extremely calculated. Bruce willis is a good counter example of that, he really went for it in the mid 90's to work with the best people and even some of the huge bombs he had were daring projects with A+ level directors. That's how he ended up in North and Pulp Fiction the same year. And he's probably what got Pulp Fiction made. Meanwhile look at the hacks Stallone worked with in his heyday. Arnold worked with some great directors but he ruined a lot of projects by simplifying them and eventually the big talents stopped circling because they didn't want to make childrens movies for adults. and van damme and segal were always jokes in terms of acting.

by Anonymousreply 123May 10, 2017 11:12 PM

The Rock called him a candy ass and unprofessional.... What THE ROCK meant was has ass tastes like candy

by Anonymousreply 124May 10, 2017 11:59 PM

Lmao, there's a vin diesel is traight troll now too? Holy shit what a laugh, gurl he's ugly and a shitty actor we don't want him but he's one of us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 11, 2017 3:02 AM

[quote]In terms of his appeal, plenty of minority groups see themselves in him. He's got a massive fan base with latinos and black people.

As much as some wouldn't want to believe, lots of whites like him too. People of color are not the only ones buying tickets for his movies, and they alone, are not responsible for the crazy F&F franchise ticket sales. One can argue that people aren't seeing F&F for him alone (and I'd agree). However, although XANDER CAGE (which [bold]was[/bold] his alone), underperformed in the US, it made 100s of millions worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 126May 11, 2017 3:32 AM

His kids are cute and will grow up to be stunners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 11, 2017 6:03 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 11, 2017 7:02 AM

Why does Ving Rames not have Vin Deisel's career because he's hotter

by Anonymousreply 129May 11, 2017 7:04 AM

[Quote] and van damme and segal were always jokes in terms of acting.

Van Damme had other things going for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 11, 2017 7:29 AM

Can't he do something about that chin?

by Anonymousreply 131May 11, 2017 7:48 AM

The beef between Vin and the Rock started with the Rock and Jason Strathan doing a scene in the F8 that would have led into a spinoff. Vin's sister caught wind of this and told her brother, Vin, the producer, and he had the scene cut from the movie. This sparked the Rock's rant that Vin is a candy ass.

by Anonymousreply 132May 11, 2017 8:57 AM

R123 Which of his movies did Arnold have simplified? Do you have any recommended reading on the subject, I miss the heyday of action movies. To think there were so many more projects left unmade.

by Anonymousreply 133May 11, 2017 9:43 AM

r133 All of them. The 6th Day specifically, but Arnold was famous for dumbing down storylines and that made his films far more palatable to worldwide audiences, some of whom were watching in foreign languages and could still follow along.

by Anonymousreply 134May 17, 2017 9:22 AM

Statham and Dwayne worked well together but i'm not dying to see a spinoff.

by Anonymousreply 135May 17, 2017 10:08 AM

R129 Because Ving is a good actor and didn't suck Megan Ellison clit or blow Heavy Whalestein.

by Anonymousreply 136May 17, 2017 6:56 PM

Something about his face gives me the impression that if he were painted blue, he would typify a smurf.

by Anonymousreply 137May 20, 2017 8:05 AM

When he's in Riddick character, he is all man!...makes me swoon...and if we ever fell in love and got married, I'd still get to be 'the pretty one' in our relationship, its a win-win. THAT is why he so successful.

by Anonymousreply 138May 20, 2017 9:51 AM

You could put his face in cookie dough and make gorilla cookies.

by Anonymousreply 139May 22, 2017 2:17 AM

He s snags good franchises and didn't branch out to try anything new - smart. Riddick, XXX, Fast and Furious. Smart man. Keeps his private life private.

by Anonymousreply 140May 22, 2017 3:01 AM

Superstar Vin Diesel turned 51 yesterday. Build your arms like the actor with this workout.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141July 19, 2018 5:14 PM

He was really hot when he first appeared because he had that deep voice and was really ripped, but now he looks doughy and the appeal just isn't there any more.

He also has the most ridiculous screen name in the history of Hollywood. I

by Anonymousreply 142July 19, 2018 5:27 PM

Ugly and not a good actor IMO

by Anonymousreply 143July 19, 2018 5:40 PM

[quote] As for Judi Dench's artistry: yeah, her performance as a cloud really increased the prestige factor for "the Chronicles of Riddick.:

No one has ever been more believable or searching as a wisp of vapor!

by Anonymousreply 144July 19, 2018 5:44 PM

Timing is everything. He came along at a moment when a lot of actors were quite white and pansy. (Let's be honest. Ain't no he-men among such Details cover boys of that moment as Leonardo DiCaprio, Jude Law, etc..). So he popped. But yeah, he had a good run. I think what keeps him in the game now is his voice, which is unique.

by Anonymousreply 145July 19, 2018 6:09 PM

Never forget.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 19, 2018 7:31 PM

Remember when he would go on late night shows talking about how he wanted to branch into musicals?

by Anonymousreply 147July 22, 2018 12:57 AM

He was hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 22, 2018 1:23 AM

Indeed

by Anonymousreply 149July 22, 2018 2:38 AM

I think his name was Mark, and he was a twin and doorman bouncer at Nell's on 14th street Passed and flirted with him several times-No just a sweetheart who would laugh. Was always reported to be hung. Wish I knew for sure!

by Anonymousreply 150July 22, 2018 3:18 AM

r81, as a member of one of the latter FF films, I can tell you that the most of the cast and crew loathe him, as he's a whiny little diva. DJ will put in 12+ hours on 1st unit, then come to 2nd unit 2am and it's, "Let's Go!!!" with clapping and great enthusiasm. VD will get to set and say, "I don't think my character will say this" and much scrambling will be done to reconfigure the hours that it takes to rework the script. Sometimes he'll disappear for hours on end. Or he'll finish 1st unit, make the 2nd unit wait for hours in freezing weather, then will decide that it's too cold to work. Or will change his mind about the wardrobe or props that have already been filmed and established, and they have to fix it in post.

The only reason why he gets away with it is because he is one of the producers and the FF franchise was the only moneymaker for Universal for many years.

by Anonymousreply 151July 22, 2018 5:11 AM

r132. The real beef was that everyone, especially DJ, was prepared to work-knew their lines and was on time. VD would make us wait for HOURS and not learn his lines. Even PW would complain about it. The whole "Paul was my brother" was a bunch of BS.

by Anonymousreply 152July 22, 2018 5:15 AM

Vin Diesel is to film what Pitbull is to music.

by Anonymousreply 153July 22, 2018 5:21 AM

His onscreen version of 'macho' is very campy, Village People campy.

The general public is dumb and will lap anything up.

by Anonymousreply 154July 22, 2018 8:25 AM

He straight up has a double chin. I am thinking, dude can't you ditch the carbs during the filming?

by Anonymousreply 155July 22, 2018 9:00 AM

[Quote] VD will get to set and say, "I don't think my character will say this" and much scrambling will be done to reconfigure the hours that it takes to rework the script.

I find it rather hilarious that he would take it so seriously. Still, he does sound like a dbag.

by Anonymousreply 156July 22, 2018 5:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 22, 2018 5:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 22, 2018 5:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 22, 2018 5:13 PM

I just think it's so weird he still has a sizeable screen audience with his franchises, given how unattractively he's aged. Both Schwarzenegger and Van Damme looked pretty good 15 years after they hit it big (though neither looks good now), but Diesel looks terrible 15 years later and yet still brings them in (franchises only, but still...)

by Anonymousreply 160July 22, 2018 5:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 22, 2018 5:15 PM

r160, Schwarzenegger has had work done, and Van Damme looks like death warmed over without makeup (he's uniformly gray from his hair to his skin). Diesel, to his credit, hasn't had work done. He has a giant following in Latin America, they pay the bills.

by Anonymousreply 162July 22, 2018 5:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 22, 2018 5:20 PM

It's also insane he calls himself "the first multicultural movie star" when there were many mixed-race movie stars before him: Keanu Reeves, Brandon Lee, Mario van Peebles, Jennifer Beals, Bruce Lee, Ben Kingsley, Raquel Welch, Dorothy Dandridge, Anthony Quinn...

by Anonymousreply 164July 22, 2018 5:28 PM

[quote] Diesel, to his credit, hasn't had work done.

Why is that to his credit if he looks awful?

by Anonymousreply 165July 22, 2018 5:29 PM

This is a silly question. A popular franchise will save the waning career of most any actor or create a career for most any actor. And there are several aging (some poorly) actors reaping the benefits of huge franchises; and they would be struggling without those (eg Ryan Reynolds, Sylvester Stallone). Sylvester Stallone was never attractive. He was never a great actor. He has a horrible speech impediment. And he currently looks like shit. However, like Diesal, he carved out a successful career as an action star. The Expendables franchise rejuvenated his career and he’s still making Rambo and Rocky movies. Regardless of the age or condition of the actor, fans are loyal to the franchise. And yes women and men still want to sleep with aging actors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 22, 2018 5:44 PM

What's the story with the video at R125? Was he drunkenly camming for someone who uploaded it to the net?

And why are his shorts so fucking long? His lower legs look like twigs, and he just looks flat out ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 167July 23, 2018 10:20 AM

[Quote] What's the story with the video at [R125]? Was he drunkenly camming for someone who uploaded it to the net?

Probably.

by Anonymousreply 168July 23, 2018 3:34 PM

Like others have said, he's not handsome, but he's hot as hell, especially with that growly voice.

by Anonymousreply 169July 23, 2018 10:57 PM

that voice!

a deep masculine speaking voice does it for me.

by Anonymousreply 170July 24, 2018 12:59 AM

I think he WAS hot as hell, but he's not maintained his body. Stallone has (as good as someone his age can), and so far Dwayne Johnson certainly has.

by Anonymousreply 171July 24, 2018 1:03 AM

[Quote] a deep masculine speaking voice does it for me.

Except when he plays Groot.

by Anonymousreply 172July 24, 2018 5:20 PM

With Cardi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 23, 2019 5:38 PM

Does Vin Diesel have a significant fanbase amongst gay men who watch his films?

by Anonymousreply 174April 13, 2021 8:51 PM

The smartest thing he did was to snag a producer credit for the F&F franchise. But the way he acts he has a love / hate relationship with the franchise. He loves the power it gives him, but he resents how it's so beneath him as lowest common denominator mainstream crap. That is why he acts like a diva.

He is a great example of a successful and yet miserable cunt. And Hollywood, and its A-List, are full of them. Most of them are miserable because they are reminded every single how they became successful (like, fucked someone and that someone may or may not have proof of it that might come out any day now) or suffer from some trauma that can't be solved by making a shit ton of money for a half-assed acting, directing or producing job.

by Anonymousreply 175April 13, 2021 9:19 PM

Looking up the IMDB list I've seen precisely one Vin Diesel movie and I enjoyed his performance. Hazing zero interest in burning rubber movies it's probably the only one I shall ever see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 13, 2021 9:51 PM

Dang. So sorry,

... because they are reminded every singe day how they became successful.

by Anonymousreply 177April 13, 2021 10:23 PM

SINGLE

by Anonymousreply 178April 13, 2021 10:24 PM

He showed promise in Pitch Black and seemed set for a Riddick franchise of the back of it but that fizzled out into not very much.

by Anonymousreply 179April 13, 2021 11:19 PM

Should definitely stick to acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 15, 2021 6:59 AM

I think Fast and furious 9 is out later this year.

by Anonymousreply 181April 16, 2021 6:50 PM

A lot of people in Hollywood have no talent and aren’t even remotely attractive. Cough Pete Davidson cough.

by Anonymousreply 182April 16, 2021 6:52 PM

I can't believe Vin Diesel is multiracial or whatever and Pete Davidson isn't? He looks more black than Vin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 16, 2021 7:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!