Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Ten Most Gross and Disgusting Celebrity Deaths

Some of these are better known than others. A few I'd never heard of.

[quote] As she made her way to the orchid-color bathroom, stomach churning, she staggered to the toilet where she slipped on the tile and plunged head first into the chartreuse-colored deluxe commode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274June 21, 2018 6:04 PM

Elvis straining away on the shitter beats most of these into a cocked hat...

by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2017 2:55 PM

The Novarro story has been debunked, I believe. At least the dildo part.

by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2017 3:02 PM

And I'm sorry, but what's so "gross and disgusting" about Peggy Entwistle jumping off the Hollywood sign? Was this list compiled by a six year old?

by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2017 3:04 PM

Death by toilet is awesome. Great way to die for that bitch and her bastard foetus.

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2017 3:06 PM

I think almost all of those are just exaggerations of the already-exaggerated Hollywood Babylon.

by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2017 3:08 PM

What about Isadora Duncan? A cautionary tale of poorly considered sartorial choices.

by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2017 3:10 PM

[quote] I think almost all of those are just exaggerations of the already-exaggerated Hollywood Babylon.

I think you're right. Gwili Andre ( Death by Newspapers) would have caused her apartment building to burn down. A funeral pyre wouldn't have contained itself to just her bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2017 3:19 PM

Ramon Navarro didn't have a black Art Deco dildo (supposedly given to him by Rudolph Valentino) shoved down his throat. Lupe Velez didn't die with her head in the toilet. I loved 'Hollywood Babylon"; it was so trashy and fun to read. But like all gossip, it was mostly untrue.

by Anonymousreply 8February 8, 2017 3:48 PM

What about Michael Hutchence! Didn't he die with a mop handle shoved up his ass or something?

by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2017 3:55 PM

Drug overdoses are usually pretty disgusting. Death photos of Chris Farley showed him with a purple face and foam pouring out of his mouth. John Belushi probably didn't look any better. Philip Seymour Hoffman was found with the needle still dangling from his arm. Drug overdoses are not pretty.

by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2017 4:06 PM

Where is style?

Where is skill?

Where is forethought?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2017 4:34 PM

Actually Zsa Zsa Gabor's final days - years - seem even more horrific.

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2017 4:38 PM

The Duchess of Windsor ended her days as a bony, bedridden, urine soaked crone with matted hair and fetid breath.

As she should have!

by Anonymousreply 13February 8, 2017 5:12 PM

[quote]The Duchess of Windsor ended her days as a bony, bedridden, urine soaked crone with matted hair and fetid breath.

She sounds fabulous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 8, 2017 5:25 PM

No wonder they were rejected by film school. It's Marie Prevost not Marie Provost.

by Anonymousreply 15February 8, 2017 5:29 PM

Horrors, r15!!!

by Anonymousreply 16February 8, 2017 6:29 PM

The Marie Prevost and her dachshund story was also debunked -- the real story is sadder -- her dog spent two days trying to wake Marie up by nipping at her legs and arms. Not trying to eat her, trying to save her.

Most of the information on this site is fiction.

by Anonymousreply 17February 8, 2017 6:41 PM

This entire article was written by a graduate (cum laude) of the Kellyanne Conway College of Alternative Facts.

by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2017 6:53 PM

Of the ones on the list Vic Morrows death disturbs me the most. That was gruesome .

by Anonymousreply 19February 8, 2017 7:13 PM

The Entwistle one is all wrong. She was known as Peg not Peggy. Her performance in Thirteen Women was not cut (though it didn't lead to anything else after, thus her sense of failure). If only she'd stayed in New York.

by Anonymousreply 20February 8, 2017 8:01 PM

Jayne Mansfield was not decapitated in the car crash that claimed her life, as was commonly thought. The accident scene photos showed some parts of her wigs in the wreckage.

by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2017 8:08 PM

Ugh! There always some revisionist who claims that Jayne Mansfield was not decapitated because the thought of it is just too horrifying. But yes indeed the head was severed and flew out of the roofless car.

by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2017 9:11 PM

Not particularly disgusting, but cowboy movie star Buck Jones died in the Cocoanut Grove nightclub fire in 1942. His studio / publicist / wife later manufactured the story that Jones had originally escaped the inferno but had heroically gone back in twice to rescue people and was overcome with smoke . In reality he was seated on the terrace, an area where they seated celebrities, but from which there was virtually no escape once the fire got started. He went down at his table, was taken out of the club unconscious, and died in the hospital two days later.

The irony was that Jones didn't even want to be there in the first place. He had been in Boston on a war bond drive and promotional tour. Mid-morning, Buck went to the Boston Garden for a rally of about 12,000 children. In a drizzling rain that afternoon Buck and a group watched the Boston College-Holy Cross football game from the Mayor's box. He was feeling under the weather and just wanted to crawl into bed and get some rest, but theatre owners had arranged a testimonial dinner for him at the Cocoanut Grove. He attended out of courtesy to the distributors honoring him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2017 9:34 PM

Get out of here, Kellyanne R21!

by Anonymousreply 24February 8, 2017 9:53 PM

What about poor actress/mummy Yvettte Vickers?! That's a creepy way to go.

by Anonymousreply 25February 8, 2017 10:07 PM

R13

Now Elizabeth you stop that immediately. Very un-befitting your station !!

by Anonymousreply 26February 8, 2017 11:11 PM

R22

MANSFIELD was NOT decapitated, rather suffered 'cranial avulsion' meaning her skull was crushed. Now, be a dear & piss off !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 8, 2017 11:14 PM

PEG had been married to actor ROBERT KEITH hence she had been the onetime stepmother of better known (today) actor BRIAN KEITH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 8, 2017 11:17 PM

Actress/singer FRANCOISE DORLEAC, sister of CATHERINE DENEUVE was on a French highway in a rental Renault on her way to the airport. She lost control of the car, crashed it & was trapped as it burst into flames. Witnesses said that they watched her struggle to free herself but the flames were such that no one could reach her.

This was in 1967. DIRK RAMBO suffered a similar fate earlier that year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 8, 2017 11:22 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Brad Renfro die of an overdose with food still in his mouth? That to me is gross. That and the retarded girl who called 911.

by Anonymousreply 30February 8, 2017 11:26 PM

Silent film actress MARTHA MANSFIELD was on a half hour break in filming a Civil War drama when a carelessly tossed match set her hoop-skirted costume on fire. The material went up in flames quickly and though some ran over to help extinguish the flames, it was too late and she died not long afterwards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 8, 2017 11:26 PM

[R6] - Boy, you're telling me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 8, 2017 11:27 PM

Speaking of fire, LINDA DARNELL' 1965 death was bad in the respect that she lived for another day or two following the fire which covered most of her body in 3rd degree burns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 8, 2017 11:28 PM

SEAN FLYNN was held captive by the Khmer Rouge; tortured and eventually executed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 8, 2017 11:30 PM

R27, oh good God, what is your investment in insisting Mansfield wasn't decapitated? Yes her skull was avulsed and it was severed from her neck. Accept it sweetie. I know it's hard.

by Anonymousreply 35February 8, 2017 11:34 PM

LUPE VELEZ' corpse. No toilet. She was found dead on her bedroom floor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 8, 2017 11:36 PM

David Strickland from Suddenly Susan. Drugged up and drinking then hung himself with a bed sheet in a motel room. According to NYP he was with a hooker just before the hanging by the rafters thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 8, 2017 11:45 PM

There is video footage of that moment, r19. It's awful.

by Anonymousreply 38February 8, 2017 11:53 PM

R29 Francoise Dorleac actually died the same week Jayne Mansfield did.

by Anonymousreply 39February 8, 2017 11:53 PM

[quote] That and the retarded girl who called 911.

R30, how would a little retarded girl cross paths with the corpse of Brad Renfro?

by Anonymousreply 40February 9, 2017 12:45 AM

R31, such deaths we're pretty common in the days of hoop skirts. Fires and candles were the only source of warmth or light, and the skirts were so damn big that ladies weren't always aware of their position. If a lady moved carelessly or a spark flew out of the fireplace and landed on her skirt, she could die a horrific death.

Actresses also tended to catch on fire and burn alive in front of a paying audience, back when the footlights on a stage were a series of open flames.

by Anonymousreply 41February 9, 2017 1:12 AM

Didn't the mortician who worked on Jayne Mansfield write a book recently? How do we know for sure she was decapitated? There's one person on this thread claiming she was, but with no evidence.

by Anonymousreply 42February 9, 2017 1:20 AM

I love sick shit like this! Thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 43February 9, 2017 1:21 AM

Agree with the poster who mentioned Yvette Vickers

by Anonymousreply 44February 9, 2017 1:31 AM

Poor Anton Yelchin.

Crushed against a wall by his own car & died slowly.

by Anonymousreply 45February 9, 2017 1:33 AM

Sharon Tate.

Thread closed

by Anonymousreply 46February 9, 2017 1:35 AM

These people need their head examined.

by Anonymousreply 47February 9, 2017 1:43 AM

As already mentioned, the Lupe Velez head-in-the-commode scenario was a tall tale concocted by Kenneth Anger in "Hollywood Babylon." And, so too was Gwili Andre's funeral pyre story. She did die in a fire in her Venice, CA home, but the cause of the fire was never determined. Had she started a pyre using her old scrapbooks and mementos, that would've been reported during the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 48February 9, 2017 1:48 AM

Owen Wilson committed suicide?

by Anonymousreply 49February 9, 2017 2:01 AM

The absolute best is Vickers that's exactly how I want to go she wasn't discovered for a year she lived behind the Beverly Hills Hotel on Benedict Canyon her body just disintegrated into the rug on her floor because time and passed for so long and the neighbor finally made her way into the house a year later and she had just basically grown into the floor disintegrated I love it

by Anonymousreply 50February 9, 2017 2:47 AM

Not sure how true it is, but I've read that after Peg Entwistle jumped to her death after become distraught over her lack of success in Hollywood, a few days later, a letter or telegram arrived at her home, informing her that she had been chosen for a movie.

by Anonymousreply 51February 9, 2017 2:54 AM

1967 was a banner year for stars and fatal automobile accidents.

by Anonymousreply 52February 9, 2017 3:00 AM

I was most intrigued by what a "deluxe commode" is and what the color chartreuse looks like.

Is Hollywood Babylon the book that talks about Goldie Hawn having body odor and her feet were always dirty? This was allegedly in her early Hollywood days.

by Anonymousreply 53February 9, 2017 3:03 AM

What am I, chopped human?

by Anonymousreply 54February 9, 2017 3:07 AM

[quote]This entire article was written by a graduate (cum laude) of the Kellyanne Conway College of Alternative Facts.

That would be the Kellyanne Konway Kollege if Alternative Facts.

by Anonymousreply 55February 9, 2017 3:08 AM

R49, Owen Wilson attempted suicide by slitting his wrists a few years ago. He survived.

by Anonymousreply 56February 9, 2017 3:16 AM

R53 I think the Goldie Hawn story was in the Julia Phillips book. HRT would know.

by Anonymousreply 57February 9, 2017 3:26 AM

R29 Francoise Dorleac was so beautiful. Lovely picture you've posted.

by Anonymousreply 58February 9, 2017 3:32 AM

What about Jessica Savitch. Car flew off the road into water and she couldn't open the doors because of mud blocking the doors. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 59February 9, 2017 3:43 AM

I rule this thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 9, 2017 3:44 AM

That's why we were invented, R6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 9, 2017 3:50 AM

I didn't know about Sean Flynn. Wow...he was pretty.

by Anonymousreply 62February 9, 2017 3:51 AM

British starlet Belinda Lee:

"she, Italian director Gualtiero Jacopetti, his co-director Pietro/Paolo Cavara, and the Neapolitan driver, Alet Nino Falenza/Falenga, are traveling from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. Near San Bernardino, California, on US 91, nearly 210 miles east of Filmland, the driver, driving too fast, loses control on the winding road. A tire blows, the car somersaults and is flipped over on its top, and she is thrown out. She was sitting next to the driver and ended up with her face on the ground and her body inside the car / her body is found 60 ft. from the car."

"she is seriously injured and dies twenty minutes later of a fractured skull and broken neck in the arms of a California police officer who watches her moaning repeatedly. He will remember her as 'the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.' Jacopetti’s leg is broken; the driver and Cavara are only slightly injured. They and the driver are taken to a hospital in Barstow."

"some minutes later, the car of Rosanno Brazzi stops at the site of the accident. Brazzi will tell author and lawyer Fenton Bresler in 1975: 'I saw her body covered with a sheet lying beside the road. I shall never forget the sight when I lifted that sheet. Her head was almost completely severed from her body.'"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 9, 2017 3:52 AM

HB was a great read, but Anger confessed to larding it up with urban legends, didn't he?

by Anonymousreply 64February 9, 2017 3:58 AM

R42

see MANSFIELD'S death certificate at R27

by Anonymousreply 65February 9, 2017 4:25 AM

Jessica Savitch's death was horrifying. That poor woman.

by Anonymousreply 66February 9, 2017 4:37 AM

Re: Jayne Mansfield : Avulsion means separated or torn apart.

by Anonymousreply 67February 9, 2017 4:40 AM

Like Elvis, the great Judy Garland was found dead, sitting on her toilet, after a decades battle with drugs. And let's not forget the ever-so-beautiful male starlet Jon- Erik Hexum. 1980's. He was on the set of his new T.V. show fooling around with a gun filled with blanks/caps. He put the gun to his head, Russian Roulette, and finally one of the caps went off. Not normally dangerous, but being so close to his skull the explosion did severe brain damage and he died in the hospital a short time later. A breathtaking, gorgeous man taken from us before the age of 30.

by Anonymousreply 68February 9, 2017 4:42 AM

It's disgusting to think that some or all of the seven crew members on the Space Shuttle Challenger may have survived the initial disaster and remained conscious for at least a portion of the two minutes and forty-five seconds the cabin fell through the sky before it smashed into the ocean. Both times NASA invited a celebrity guest on board the Shuttle, the entire crew perished.

by Anonymousreply 69February 9, 2017 4:51 AM

Who was the other celebrity guest?

by Anonymousreply 70February 9, 2017 4:54 AM

What other Shuttle crash?

by Anonymousreply 71February 9, 2017 5:01 AM

R70, the other Celebrity Passenger on the Shuttle was Israeli fighter pilot hero, Ilan Ramon. He died along with the crew of the Columbia in February, 2003.

by Anonymousreply 72February 9, 2017 5:02 AM

Producer and studio exec Eddie Mannix, who went up Mt. Potosi to help recover the passengers of TWA Flight 3, reported seeing Carole Lombard's body, charred and headless.

by Anonymousreply 73February 9, 2017 5:02 AM

Hello?

by Anonymousreply 74February 9, 2017 5:05 AM

Thank you for that memory jog, r72. It is never, ever referred to in any media.

But Ilan Ramon was an actual astronaut and part of the crew of seven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 9, 2017 5:11 AM

In every news item I have seen over the years, Jayne Mansfield died in a horrific car crash and yes, her head was decapitated from the rest of her body. Now here's another controversy: Singer Mama Cass Elliot. Despite mythic proportions she did NOT choke to death eating a ham sandwich. She was over in London, England performing and after one of her shows she laid down on her bed. She was found dead later that night, droll dribbling down her face. It was determined that she died from heart failure due to obesity related problems. And yes, there was a sandwich found on her nightstand but it hadn't been touched and no food was found in her windpipe.

by Anonymousreply 76February 9, 2017 5:12 AM

[R61] - It would have killed them to invent them sooner??????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 9, 2017 5:31 AM

Mabel King was on What's Happening. Her final days sound awful and very, very lonely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78February 9, 2017 5:32 AM

I shall never forget my beloved Princess Diana who suffered such a dreadful end. And her poor lover, Dodie, whose genitalia were so indiscreetly exposed when his pants exploded on impact. Then Charles married horse face, further compounding the tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 79February 9, 2017 5:41 AM

I had forgotten about David Strickland R37, he was such a cute guy, with seemingly everything to live for. Such a sad story, hanging himself in a seedy Las Vegas motel. Being friends with Andy Dick didn't help matters.

by Anonymousreply 80February 9, 2017 5:43 AM

R76 If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass Elliot's ham sandwich, they'd both be alive today!

by Anonymousreply 81February 9, 2017 5:44 AM

Well, it wasn't so much lack of food that killed Karen C. It was a steady diet of ipecac syrup that done her in.

by Anonymousreply 82February 9, 2017 5:55 AM

R35

Her death certificate has no mention of decapitation, nor separation. You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 83February 9, 2017 6:42 AM

UK playwright Joe Orton didn't die peacefully. Bludgeoned to death by his jealous boyfriend, who then overdosed to kill himself.

by Anonymousreply 84February 9, 2017 6:43 AM

"I was most intrigued by what a "deluxe commode" is and what the color chartreuse looks like."

You're welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 9, 2017 7:05 AM

[R76] and it was Harry Nilssons apartment in London that she died in

by Anonymousreply 86February 9, 2017 2:38 PM

[quote]And I'm sorry, but what's so "gross and disgusting" about Peggy Entwistle jumping off the Hollywood sign? Was this list compiled by a six year old?

Most of these pop-culture related listicles are compiled by journalism school C-students who are offended by everything prior to 1990 and before 2000.

by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2017 2:43 PM

The French actor Jocelyn Quivrin was also burned alive in a car accident...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 9, 2017 3:27 PM

[quote]In every news item I have seen over the years, Jayne Mansfield died in a horrific car crash and yes, her head was decapitated from the rest of her body.

The photo of her body shows her head attached with the skin on the top of her head peeled back. I don't want to link it because it's gruesome but you can find it here, just scroll down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 9, 2017 3:37 PM

This is not a disgusting death but rather a disgusting after-death: "Judy Garland's Casket Handles," by designer Marc Charbonnet, after his conversation with someone who worked at the funeral home where Judy's body was sent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 9, 2017 3:41 PM

Someone upthread mentioned Chris Farley. I googled his death pics and found his tacky apartment much more heinous than his purple foaming face.

by Anonymousreply 91February 9, 2017 3:41 PM

Lupe Velez in her casket, still looking pretty good, not like someone whose head was laying in a toilet for the better part of a day before she was found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 9, 2017 3:47 PM

Jayne Mansfield's death and why it was often mis-reported that she was decapitated: She had just finished performing in a nightclub. Still in wig and heavy make-up, she was on a long drive to a hotel she was staying in another city where she'd be performing the next night. She was sitting in the passenger seat, her young kids, (Mickey and Mariska) were sleeping in the back. A horrible rainstorm started, the brakes went out and there was a horrible crash. The impact was so strong, she was killed instantly,a and the wig she was wearing flew off her head. It was bloodied, and sitting in the street a few feet from where the crash had happened. It was the sight of the bloodied wig that caused paparazzi to report she had been decapitated. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 93February 9, 2017 4:36 PM

Albert Dekker

Kurt Cobain

Bessie Smith

Brenda Frazier

Corey Monteith, Janis Joplin and Amy Winehouse as well as PSH all died with a heroin needle still stuck in their arm

by Anonymousreply 94February 9, 2017 4:51 PM

I heard that Charo was going to be a Celebrity Guest aboard the space shuttle.

by Anonymousreply 95February 9, 2017 4:59 PM

Director Alan Pakula, impaled by a pole that came crashing through his windshield while driving along a highway.

by Anonymousreply 96February 9, 2017 5:01 PM

[quote] Bob Crane - Death by Tire Iron

Crane was bludgeoned to death by a tripod, not a tire iron. What self-respecting Death Hag doesn't know that?

[quote]Spielberg, pilot Dorsey Wingo, and director John Landis were ultimately acquitted of involuntary manslaughter and Morrow’s daughters, Carrie Morrow and Jennifer Jason Leigh, settled out of court.

Spielberg was never charged with anything

by Anonymousreply 97February 9, 2017 5:02 PM

Natalie Wood, drowning in the Pacific Ocean on a cold November night while reportedly screaming for help that never came.

by Anonymousreply 98February 9, 2017 5:04 PM

Carole Lombard's plane crashing into a mountain while returning home to California from a WW II bond tour in her home state of Indiana. She was identified by some strands of her blonde hair and a pulverized ruby earring that husband Clark Gable had given her.

by Anonymousreply 99February 9, 2017 5:11 PM

[R95] - Deedjoo know? Deedjoo know? She wass almost a non?

by Anonymousreply 100February 9, 2017 5:14 PM

r94 Amy Winehouse died from alcohol poisoning, not heroin.

by Anonymousreply 101February 9, 2017 5:27 PM

John Denver -- crashed his homemade airplane into the Pacific. The plane broke apart on impact, as did Denver; his body was recovered in chunks (they only found 25% of his head--*barf*)

Singer Jenni Rivera, whose chartered Learjet mysteriously nose-dived into a mountain at high-speed. Some pretty gruesome photos are out there of the crash site: a lock of Rivera's hair (still attached to a piece of scalp) stuck to a tree; a pedicured foot, still in its strappy high heels.

by Anonymousreply 102February 9, 2017 5:30 PM

Both Whitney and daughter Bobbi Kristina went to Jesus in similarly horrid circumstances.

I've avoided bath tubs ever since.

by Anonymousreply 103February 9, 2017 5:37 PM

R102, I found a photo of Jenni's toes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104February 9, 2017 6:28 PM

Paul Walker - burned beyond recognition after a car crash

by Anonymousreply 105February 9, 2017 8:55 PM

Funny -- Karen Carpenter's autopsy said there was nothing remarkable about her heart.

Jenni Rivera's plane had been in a couple of ground accidents, and the pilot was so old, I wondered if he was issued with the plane by Lear in the 60s.

by Anonymousreply 106February 9, 2017 9:21 PM

Karen Carpenter died from chronic use of Ipecac syrup, which she used to induce vomiting.

by Anonymousreply 107February 9, 2017 9:23 PM

I house share with a nerdy doctor who buries himself in online medical articles as a hobby. He came across the below on Michael Jackson recently.

MJ didn't suffer a nasty death - but holy * did he leave behind one messy corpse...

In summary: diseased this, ruined that, destroyed/decaying the other. He didn't need drugs to kill him - he was very due for the grave when he went!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 9, 2017 9:35 PM

Lupus -- an auto immune disease, and an enlarged prostate.

The MD found nothing remarkable about many of MJ's other problems, given his age and trauma history.

by Anonymousreply 109February 9, 2017 10:00 PM

The descriptions of Propofal deaths in R108's link are fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 110February 9, 2017 10:09 PM

Jayne Mansfield's head came flying off like a whirling blonde dervish. Why is that so difficult to grasp? Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 111February 9, 2017 10:17 PM

Has Jack Cassidy been mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 112February 9, 2017 10:21 PM

Jack Cassidy passed out drunk with a lit cigarette at 5am and turned into a crispy critter. Thankfully, the other residents of his apartment building got out in time and nobody else was killed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 9, 2017 10:38 PM

[R109] You over simplify! Sounds like the vitiligo, arthritis and lung inflammation were deemed consistent with an auto-immune disease, yes - but the arthritis was not confined to a single area, and the lung damage found was extensive, multi-faceted, and ongoing. Lupus can be a fatal condition if left untreated, and apparently MJ had stopped necessary treatment.

The idea of cells causing ongoing damage to the linings of his airways is frightening - especially as he was to tour... And who knows whether a colonoscopy would have been performed before the colon polyp had a chance to turn nasty.

The enlarged prostate must have caused great discomfort - as would wearing a catheter while performing...

by Anonymousreply 114February 9, 2017 10:48 PM

R93. You almost have it right. Mansfield was appearing at Gus Stevens supper club in Biloxi. Midway through the engagement she was contractually obligated to make an appearance on a daytime tv show in New Orleans to promote the gig in Biloxi. Supposedly they took to the road after that night's show because Jayne would be able to get some extra sleep, as opposed to leaving from Biloxi first thing in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 115February 9, 2017 11:13 PM

[quote]PEG had been married to actor ROBERT KEITH hence she had been the onetime stepmother of better known (today) actor BRIAN KEITH.

Didn't Brian kill himself as well?

by Anonymousreply 116February 9, 2017 11:45 PM

Edna St. Vincent Millay

by Anonymousreply 117February 9, 2017 11:45 PM

[quote]As she made her way to the orchid-color bathroom, stomach churning, she staggered to the toilet where she slipped on the tile and plunged head first into the chartreuse-colored deluxe commode.

If I had to get up every morning and look at a chartreuse toilet and orchid tile, I'd probably do myself in, too.

by Anonymousreply 118February 9, 2017 11:45 PM

[R117] - What happened to Edna? Did she burn at both ends?

by Anonymousreply 119February 9, 2017 11:51 PM

R60, that in a nutshell is how my beloved Greg Plitt got split.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120February 10, 2017 12:05 AM

Gig Young murdered his wife and then turned the gun on himself.

by Anonymousreply 121February 10, 2017 12:18 AM

Jean Seberg. She was plucked out of nowhere to star in a major Hollywood movie, "Saint Joan", directed by Otto Preminger. The movie was a disaster and her performance was panned. Her career might have ended right there if she hasn't starred in the New Wave film "Breathless." Very unstable, she got involved in all kinds of crazy sixties causes; she started hanging out with Black Panthers and had a serious affair with one of them, prompting rumors that she had been impregnated by one. The baby was her husband's; it was born prematurely and died. Already very messed up, she became progressively crazier over time. At age forty she was in the back seat of a car in Paris, dead of a barbituate overdose. She left a note saying "I can no longer live with my nerves." It was towards the end of summer and the weather was quite warm; the car was parked on a street that wasn't frequented much due to people vacationing and went unnoticed for days. The doors of the car caused it to be hermetically sealed; the heat. When the police opened the car doors...well, it was pretty ghastly. She was almost unrecognizable. A sad, horrible ending for a woman who had so much promise in her youth.

by Anonymousreply 122February 10, 2017 12:50 AM

Sorry to say this, but Greg Plitt and Jon-Erik Hexum deserve a thread of their own: The Dumbest Celebrity Deaths.

by Anonymousreply 123February 10, 2017 12:59 AM

Hexum I remember -- Plitt?

by Anonymousreply 124February 10, 2017 1:11 AM

Thanks r90. I heard this on the radio exactly as it was written in your link. Horrifying and funny at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 125February 10, 2017 1:27 AM

The suicide of Jason Thirsk, from the punk rock band Pennywise.

There are discomforting photos of the scence that can be googled.

by Anonymousreply 126February 10, 2017 1:29 AM

R122, Her husband, novelist Romain Gary, committed suicide one year after Jean.

by Anonymousreply 127February 10, 2017 1:52 AM

R124 Greg Plitt was a professional body builder who was featured in and on the cover of muscle magazines many times. He died a couple of years ago trying to outrun a train for a stunt but things went terribly wrong and he got in the way of the train.

by Anonymousreply 128February 10, 2017 2:06 AM

Beautiful John-John was a bloated mess when he resurfaced. Ack.

by Anonymousreply 129February 10, 2017 2:11 AM

Let us not forget William Holden. Drunk, fell, hit his head and bled to death.

[quote] On the scene they found an empty vodka bottle in the trash can, along with 4 beer bottles and a partially full bottle of vodka on the kitchen sink. There was a large quantity of blood surrounding the body as well as all over the bedding and blankets." From the condition of his body, it was decided that he had been dead for at least 4 days.

[quote]According to the medical examiner, Holden had tripped on a throw rug and hit his head on the nightstand. The scary part is that he hit it so hard, that it jammed into the wall, and left an indentation of two or three inches into the plaster. There were 8 bloody Kleenexes found next to his body, and a working telephone just inches away from him. The examiner reckoned that Holden didn't comprehend the seriousness of his injury, tried to stop the bleeding himself, and passed out from blood loss. He was probably dead within 15 minutes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 10, 2017 2:13 AM

Thanks r128

by Anonymousreply 131February 10, 2017 2:21 AM

When Greg Plitt died, we had an absolutely tasteless and inappropriate thread about him here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 132February 10, 2017 2:32 AM

Remember all the fun we had celebrating Gregg Plitts interaction with that freight train?

Oh, God! Good times.

by Anonymousreply 133February 10, 2017 2:32 AM

Patsy Cline literally fell to pieces. Her pedicured foot was wedged in a tree branch.

Payne Stewart's learjet plummeted from such great heights that the plane and all the passengers on board were obliterated.

by Anonymousreply 134February 10, 2017 2:42 AM

[quote]When Greg Plitt died, we had an absolutely tasteless and inappropriate thread about him here on DL.

A powerfully-built and half-naked man in Spandex and spray-on sweat discovering the hard way that he cannot outrun a speeding locomotive (while being videoed, no less) lends itself to that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 135February 10, 2017 2:46 AM

Yes, but they were dead long before the plane hit the water, r134. The plane lost pressure at 35k feet. It was a ghost plane before it crashed.

by Anonymousreply 136February 10, 2017 2:47 AM

Payne Stewart and the other occupants of the Lear jet were likely dead before the plane hit the ground. The oxygen and pressurization system had failed and there was no response for a long while when the control tower tried to reach the pilots.

by Anonymousreply 137February 10, 2017 2:47 AM

This thread is super creepy

by Anonymousreply 138February 10, 2017 4:01 AM

But what about US?

by Anonymousreply 139February 10, 2017 4:09 AM

Ahem r94

by Anonymousreply 140February 10, 2017 4:10 AM

R120 - He was hawt - dumb as shit for trying to outrun the train though. He was a West Point grad too - what a waste.

by Anonymousreply 141February 10, 2017 4:18 AM

Rob sager was the hottest Hotter than Greg he died 2007 from cocaine and steroids heart attack everything about him tasted good !!

by Anonymousreply 142February 10, 2017 4:22 AM

Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143February 10, 2017 4:31 AM

Sorry, R142, but Greg Plitt > Rob Sager. Greg didn't do steroids. Nor cocaine.

PLUS he was an Army Ranger.

by Anonymousreply 144February 10, 2017 4:36 AM

Otis Redding looks asleep -- not gruesome at all, just frozen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 10, 2017 4:38 AM

Plitts burial spot is unknown. Do any of you have a guess?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146February 10, 2017 4:39 AM

Plitt seemed to have major cockage.

by Anonymousreply 147February 10, 2017 4:42 AM

[R146] - Somebody should track him down.

by Anonymousreply 148February 10, 2017 4:45 AM

R144 yea well tell me how did gregs cock and ass taste? You have no idea cause as the loser you are reading comic books in you bachelor apt in Boise you have only fantasies .....btw robs tasted great....come back and post when you have some real life experience to share ........that's how you BOOM

by Anonymousreply 149February 10, 2017 4:50 AM

^ I'm sure you dug him up just to taste his rotting cock and hole, because that's the only way you were going to get to eat him, you necrophiliac whore. BOOM!

by Anonymousreply 150February 10, 2017 4:58 AM

How many Jayne's death explainers do we have to have on this thread? Apparently a shitload. She was scalped not decapitated.

David Carradine's death was as gross and disgusting as he was.

And that woman who died in her apt and they didn't find her for three years. The television was still on. I want to know the brand. They made a movie about this.

by Anonymousreply 151February 10, 2017 4:58 AM

R50 NOPE enjoyed both warm and fresh and used to fitness train with Greg Now you go shower your fat stank pimple ass you have graveyard shift tonight packing boxes at Walmart you life loser

by Anonymousreply 152February 10, 2017 5:06 AM

Jesus r152, would it kill you to use some commas?

by Anonymousreply 153February 10, 2017 5:14 AM

R152, I meant Rob, not Greg. Didn't you say you had Rob? You never said a thing about Greg. Oh, that's right. Because you didn't have either one. They'd take one look at that sloppy crack-toothed hole of yours and they'd run head first into a train to get away from your busted face and corpse-cock sucking breath, you damn death groupie ho.

by Anonymousreply 154February 10, 2017 5:15 AM

R153 you need to get bigger goals

by Anonymousreply 155February 10, 2017 5:16 AM

R154 take a breath and your meds member what mom said gather your thoughts form a sentence figure out what you're trying to communicate here slow down a bit figure out what you want to say and then post until you can do that BEAT IT

by Anonymousreply 156February 10, 2017 5:20 AM

I'm pretty sure that it's impossible for an adult to drown in a toilet unless their head is being held down.

by Anonymousreply 157February 10, 2017 5:21 AM

R156, were you on your period? Good news - it looks like you ate it.

by Anonymousreply 158February 10, 2017 5:25 AM

GG Allin takes the cake for not only the most disgusting death but the grossest life and most repulsive funeral.

A punk rocker in the 80s his act included self mutilation, attacking audience members and shitting on stage. He wasn't particularly talented but did have a cult following. I guess self loathing draws a crowd. After one show where I think he was thrown out of the venue, he walked to a friend's house still covered in his own blood and shit. There he partied and took a vast amount of heroin. As he began to OD, the mostly off their face group continued to take pictures with him unaware that he was in the early stages of dying. In the morning some of the idiot revellers realised he was pretty damn dead.

He had an open casket and his brother instructed the mortician not to clean him up. He stunk to high heaven. He was buried with his poor unfortunate grandmother, who probably hoped not to dry retch her way through the after life.

by Anonymousreply 159February 10, 2017 5:44 AM

The most disturbing celeb murder to date has to be Kermit's brutal evisceration after what's believed to have been a Grindr hookup gone terribly wrong. Because of the unsolved nature of the case, the Glasgow smile, and the lurid posing of the corpse, the erstwhile Piggy porker (who was rumored to have been carnally intimate with Scooter behind the scenes) has been dubbed The Green Dahlia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 10, 2017 5:44 AM

Joyce Vincent, R151. She seems to have taken herself out of society on purpose, perhaps to regroup after some tough times, then died, likely from a bad asthma attack (considering where she lived, which was near a dirty high-traffic street and a place with junkies lining the hallways, that's not a huge surprise).

by Anonymousreply 161February 10, 2017 11:15 AM

Sam Cooke

Marvin Gaye

by Anonymousreply 162February 10, 2017 9:49 PM

Jon Erik Hexum

by Anonymousreply 163February 11, 2017 12:06 AM

I can't imagine what the corpses of John Kennedy Jr. Carolyn Bessette Kennedy and Lauren Bessette looked like after being in a plane crash and lying in seawater for days. The photo that made the rounds on the internet of a bloated, unrecognizable JFK Jr. being removed from a watery grave was bogus. It wasn't him. Still, he and the two women must have looked horrific. Three of the world's beautiful people: reduced to that.

by Anonymousreply 164February 11, 2017 12:32 AM

They never found JFK Jr's head and he was cut in half at the waist.

by Anonymousreply 165February 11, 2017 12:52 AM

Rein it in Johnny Drama at r164, Lauren was not one of the world's beautiful people. John Denver's crash was very piecemaking, they just found bits of his lungs and pancreas and I guess his plane had a weird, custom made design flaw that made it hard to switch gas tanks while still steering, it seemed like an accident waiting to happen. No Margaux Hemingway? She was in her house for days before discovery too.

by Anonymousreply 166February 11, 2017 12:55 AM

I want to hear more about Diana's beau, Fahdi, having his pants blown off in the wreck. Where did you read that?

by Anonymousreply 167February 11, 2017 12:56 AM

Yeah -- poor Margaux. It was in the hottest part of summer.

by Anonymousreply 168February 11, 2017 12:59 AM

Actually, Elvis was determined to have died just after sitting down on that toilet. He fell forward and was found all those hours later with his face down and his butt up. He didn't "strain" himself to death. He died and no one found him for a very, very long time. His face was quite dark. Poor baby.

by Anonymousreply 169February 11, 2017 1:48 AM

Dying while taking a shit, that's so embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 170February 11, 2017 1:51 AM

R170 And it happened to Judy Garland too - the toilet thing. Where was the Scarecrow when she needed him?

by Anonymousreply 171February 11, 2017 2:08 AM

I don't think Judy Garland was actually using the toilet when she died, she was sitting on it with the lid down.

by Anonymousreply 172February 11, 2017 2:10 AM

Lolo Ferrari suffocating from a mix of painkillers and the weight of her own boobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173February 11, 2017 2:15 AM

"I want to hear more about Diana's beau, Fahdi, having his pants blown off in the wreck. Where did you read that?"

I heard that Dodi Fayed's pants were ripped open from the crash and his penis was exposed. Yech!

by Anonymousreply 174February 11, 2017 2:18 AM

Gram Parsons, considered the "father" of country rock, died a nasty death. Vacationing at Joshua Tree with a couple of druggie bimbos, he was already a bloated mess due to drug addiction and alcoholism. He'd been trying to lay off the drugs but went on a binge. Having imbibed a large quantity of alcohol and opiates he was losing consciousness, ODing. Did the druggie bimbos call an ambulance? Of course not! Instead they shoved ice cubes up his ass. It momentarily revived him; one of the dumb groupies went out to get food and coffee while the other "sat" with him. Of course he lost consciousness again and stopped breathing. An ambulance finally took him away and he was declared DOA at the hospital. Citing a comment from Parsons about wanted to be cremated and have the ashes scattered in Joshua Tree, his creepy road manager stole his body and took it to Joshua Tree; he poured five gallons of gasoline into the open coffin and threw a lit match inside. What resulted was an enormous fireball that burned Parson's body but didn't cremate it. It takes immense heat to cremate a body; setting it on fire doesn't do it. All the stupid road manager did was desecrate his already dissipated body. Parson's body, what was left of it (not much) was eventually buried in Louisiana.

by Anonymousreply 175February 11, 2017 2:31 AM

r159 Yes, GG was fucking foul and also suffered from tiny peen. How funny you mentioned him, I was just thinking about him when I saw that Ray Parker Jr did a song for his movie as well as "Apt Pupil".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176February 11, 2017 3:06 AM

Zbigniew Cybulski, 39, the James Dean of Poland, chased a train departing the Wroclaw station that was carrying his lover, 65-year-old Marlene Dietrich. He lept onto the steps, slipped and fell under the train, killing him instantly. As the train stopped and rocked back and forth to free Cybulski from beneath the wheels, Marlene questioned the staff about the delay. "Signal problems. Don't worry, Madame," they told her. She wasn't told of her lover's death until she reached Warsaw the next morning.

by Anonymousreply 177February 11, 2017 3:51 AM

John Gilbert was also found dead in his house after several days, suffering a fatal heart attack at age 36. His dogs had begun feeding on his corpse.

by Anonymousreply 178February 11, 2017 4:43 AM

r178 you must be thinking of someone else. John Gilbert died in bed as the paramedics were on their way.

by Anonymousreply 179February 11, 2017 5:21 AM

R179 They didn't even HAVE paramedics in those days.

by Anonymousreply 180February 11, 2017 5:42 AM

Whatever the ambulance people were called back then. By the time they arrived, Gilbert was dead. It's in Maria Riva's Dietrich bio.

by Anonymousreply 181February 11, 2017 6:15 AM

From the wikipedia page on Jayne Mansfield:

[quote]Mansfield was in Biloxi, Mississippi, for an engagement at the Gus Stevens Supper Club. After two appearances the evening of June 28, 1967, Mansfield, her attorney & companion Sam Brody, their driver Ronnie Harrison (age 20), and three of Mansfield's children – Miklós, Zoltán and Mariska – departed Biloxi after midnight in Stevens' 1966 Buick Electra 225. Their destination was New Orleans, where Mansfield was scheduled to appear on WDSU's "Midday Show" at noon the next day. At approximately 2:25 a.m., on U.S. Highway 90 west of the Rigolets Bridge, the Buick crashed at high speed into the rear of a tractor-trailer that had slowed behind a truck spraying mosquito fogger and which was shrouded in the insecticide fog. The three adults in the front seat were killed instantly. The children, who were asleep in the rear seat, survived with minor injuries.

[quote] Reports that Mansfield was decapitated are untrue, although she suffered severe head trauma.The urban legend was spawned by the appearance in police photographs of a crashed car with its top virtually sheared off, and what resembled a blonde-haired head tangled in the car's smashed windshield. However, this was a wig Mansfield was wearing and possibly parts of her actual hair and scalp.The death certificate stated that the immediate cause of Mansfield's death was a "crushed skull with avulsion of cranium and brain".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182February 11, 2017 6:22 AM

"Dying while taking a shit, that's so embarrassing. "

George II of Great Britain died that way too...

His wife Caroline of Ansbach also died horribly - literally voiding her insides out due to an umbilical rupture.

by Anonymousreply 183February 11, 2017 1:20 PM

R183, You think that was bad?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184February 11, 2017 7:47 PM

This one I've always found disturbing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185February 11, 2017 8:38 PM

I think being a Royal is different from being a celebrity. Lots of Royals have had very unpleasant deaths. Poor Princess Lamballe, a favorite of Marie Antoinette's, was given a sham trial, found to be a traitor (she would not renounce her allegiance to the Kind and Queen) and thrown to the mob. There are conflicting reports about her death; some say she was horrifically tortured before she died, others say she was killed quickly. But one thing is for certain: her head was cut off and stuck on a pike and paraded through the streets. Her sovereigns both lost their heads as well.

Quite a few of the Romanovs were killed during the Russian revolution. In the end the Czar and his wife and children and some loyal servants were herded into a cellar and shot at point blank range. Anyone still moving was finished off by bayonets. There were many imposters who claimed to be members of the Royal family who had someone miraculously escaped this fate, but they were all frauds, including the infamous Anna Anderson, who claimed for years to be Grand Duchess Anastasia. But she was really just a clever psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 186February 12, 2017 12:29 AM

The Princesse de Lamballe was a pretty young blonde thing. I'm sure the angry Parisian mob did unspeakable things to her before chopping off her head.

by Anonymousreply 187February 12, 2017 12:40 AM

2 or 3 of the Challenger crew survived the initial explosion. They were conscious until the crew module impacted the Earth's surface during free fall. Cannot imagine the horror.

by Anonymousreply 188February 12, 2017 1:17 AM

"The Princesse de Lamballe was a pretty young blonde thing."

She wasn't young. She was 42. Portraits of her don't show a particularly pretty woman. There's a painting, "Death of the Princess De Lamballe"by Leon-Maxime-Faivre, that depicts her as a young, lovely blonde woman lying nude in the street with a head wound. But I don't think she really looked like that. It makes the story more horrible to portray her as young and pretty; I guess that's why she was described that way and artist renderings of her murder show her that way.

by Anonymousreply 189February 12, 2017 1:18 AM

R189, 42 IS young! I'll be that age in a few short years.

by Anonymousreply 190February 12, 2017 1:21 AM

R189, Perhaps, but in my mind, she will always look like Anita Louise, who portrayed her in "Marie Antoinette" (1938).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191February 12, 2017 1:27 AM

Hillary. Death by Trump.

by Anonymousreply 192February 12, 2017 1:51 AM

[R191] - Anita Louise was quite lovely, wasn't she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193February 12, 2017 1:56 AM

R188 - here is a pic of the cabin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194February 12, 2017 1:58 AM

R164 - I was traveling over to Martha's Vineyard the day after the crash; I spoke to one of the ferry crew.

He said that they would lucky to find the bodies since there was a shark fishing tournament in the area at that time.

by Anonymousreply 195February 12, 2017 2:23 AM

R165, I remember reading somewhere that JFK Jr's spine had snapped in half as his body folded backward at the waist, putting the back of his head in touch with the heels of his feet. There was no mention of the body being headless.

by Anonymousreply 196February 12, 2017 2:37 AM

The pilot's seat had to have broken to do all that, r196

by Anonymousreply 197February 12, 2017 2:40 AM

I don't know the name but her death or the discovery of her death was bizarre. An actress probably from the Jane Mansfield era. Lived in a large home somewhere like BelAir but the inside was trashed and filthy. A little retarded son who may or may not of had something to do with her death.

by Anonymousreply 198February 12, 2017 4:32 AM

r198 Susan Cabot. Her dwarf son killed her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199February 12, 2017 4:43 AM

R176 I can't watch the vid, I'm not in the States at the moment. I've tried to google it but still can't see it. I had no idea about his tiny peen but probably just added to the intense self loathing. He really died like he lived, so gross.

by Anonymousreply 200February 12, 2017 4:57 AM

JFK's sister, Kathleen:

On May 13, 1948, Lady Hartington and Lord Fitzwilliam were flying from Paris to the French Riviera for a vacation.[9] At 3:30 in the afternoon, their plane took off, reaching an altitude of 10,000 feet. Approximately one hour into the flight, radio contact was lost with the plane when it entered the region near Vienne which was also close to the center of a storm. The plane's four occupants endured twenty minutes of severe turbulence which bounced their small plane up and down as much as several thousand feet at a time. When they finally cleared the clouds, they instantly discovered the plane was in a dive and moments away from impact, and they attempted to pull up. The stress of the turbulence coupled with the sudden change of direction tore loose one of the wings, followed by both engines and finally the tail. The plane's fuselage then spun into the ground seconds later, coming to rest nose down in a ravine after striking terrain near the summit of Le Coran, the highest of the Cevennes Mountains in the Saint-Bauzile, Ardèche, France. Lady Hartington was instantly killed along with Fitzwilliam, pilot Peter Townshend, and navigator Arthur Freeman. Her father was the only family member to attend the funeral, arranged by the Cavendishes. Rose Kennedy refused to attend her daughter's memorial service, instead, it was claimed, choosing to enter a hospital for routine medical tests.[8]

by Anonymousreply 201February 12, 2017 5:08 AM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202February 12, 2017 5:08 AM

Was it ever proven that the Challenger astronauts (or a few of them) were conscious during the descent, and didn't die until impact? I hope that's not true, I can't even imagine how horrifying that would be.

by Anonymousreply 203February 12, 2017 5:12 AM

Two of the families claimed the astronauts were conscious in their lawsuits against NASA

by Anonymousreply 204February 12, 2017 5:13 AM

Susan Cabot's home was perched up in the hills of Encino. The condition of the house was so disgustingly filthy that son Timothy's defense team said it constituted child abuse.

"Their house was a prime piece of real estate perched on top of a hill with a view of the lights of Los Angeles below, though it seemed a bit dilapidated from the outside and shabbier than the other impeccably maintained properties on the street. Nothing, however, could have prepared paramedics for the chaos that met them when they pushed open the door.

Inside, rubbish bags lay strewn in every room, newspapers and magazines were stacked in toppling piles along the corridors and trash and rotting food was everywhere. The house also appeared to have been ransacked: furniture was overturned, drawers were open and their contents strewn about the house. The sudden eeriness was made worse by the sound of Timothy’s four pet Attika dogs. Usually a docile breed, these four were in an absolute frenzy, and Timothy, in order to protect the paramedics, had locked them up in his room.

The paramedics found Susan Cabot lying dead on her bed dressed only in a purple V-neck nightgown. There was blood everywhere: a large arc of it was sprayed on the bedroom mirror near her bed, there were large splatter stains on the ceiling above her prone body and further bloodstains on the floor and the bed. For some reason, the killer had covered Cabot’s face and head with a piece of bed linen before bludgeoning her to death. Under the blood soaked material, Cabot’s face was all but unrecognisable. There were human hairs and brain matter smeared on the linen, and shards and splinters of bone protruding from the back of her shattered skull."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205February 12, 2017 5:14 AM

r205 Child abuse? Jesus, only in LA. Wasn't that kid a grown up like the Menendi?

by Anonymousreply 206February 12, 2017 5:24 AM

Oh my dear R205! Am I to understand you to say that there is a murderer out to get WASP women?

by Anonymousreply 207February 12, 2017 5:24 AM

R149

PLITT was straight. His funeral was in his hometown in MD. He might have been cremated because as I recall the funeral was over a week after his death in LA. Think this was January 2 yrs ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208February 12, 2017 5:46 AM

R203, at least three of the astronauts survived the explosion. Personal Egress Air Packs (PEAPs) assigned to Ellison Onizuka, Judith Resnik, and pilot Michael J. Smith were recovered and indicated that they had been activated. Also, electrical system switches at Smith's rightside panel had been moved from their launch position, indicating that Smith had made futile attempts to restore power to the cabin. What isn't known is if the cabin maintained pressure integrity or if it had depressurized, which would've rendered all onboard unconscious during the descent.

by Anonymousreply 209February 12, 2017 5:46 AM

R201, When Irish Catholic Kathleen Kennedy announced her engagement to the Protestant Billy Hartington, mama Rose was enraged and told her daughter that she would be damned to hell if she went through with the marriage. Kathleen married him anyway, but four months later, Billy was killed in action on the Belgian front. Two years later, she began an affair with the married Lord Fitzwilliam, another Protestant, and told her parents she would marry him as soon as his divorce was finalized. Scandalized, Rose threatened to cut her off from the entire family. When Kathleen and Fitzwilliam perished in that plane crash, Rose saw it as God's retribution.

by Anonymousreply 210February 12, 2017 6:14 AM

This thread is very disturbing and I think it might give me a panic attack. I have an intense fear of dying. I think about it every day.

by Anonymousreply 211February 12, 2017 6:21 AM

This isn't the thread for you r211. Run along before you get yourself into a state.

by Anonymousreply 212February 12, 2017 6:35 AM

R210, Rose also forbid Kick's siblings from attending her funeral.

by Anonymousreply 213February 12, 2017 6:42 AM

Mama Cass choking on a ham sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 214February 12, 2017 6:47 AM

Mama Cass is simply going to have to own choking to death on a ham sandwich. It's unique, easy, streamlined, not hard to imagine and that's the way it will always be.

by Anonymousreply 215February 12, 2017 8:19 AM

R215, yeah, especially after R76 already debunked it.

by Anonymousreply 216February 12, 2017 8:27 AM

Mama Cass is destined to have the ham sandwich as her death story when she actually died from being too fat.

But it's not like one version is less embarrassing than the other really.

by Anonymousreply 217February 12, 2017 8:38 AM

Kathleen Kennedy Cavendish's death was neither that gross nor disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 218February 12, 2017 8:58 AM

R206, the son suffered from a form of dwarfism and had severe mental issues due to a hormone therapy his cuckoo mother had put him on to stimulate growth. Add to that the fact that she had an incestuous relationship with him and it's a wonder he didn't crack sooner. In his condition, moving out of mom's house wouldn't have solved the problem. The court sympathized with him, apparently, and gave him a lighter sentence. A terribly sad story all around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219February 12, 2017 1:36 PM

R219, a horribly macabre gothic story. The son was taking growth hormones derived from the pituary glands of cadavers, which may have been infected with CJD, a neurodegenerative disease. Mother dear, however, had been taking his stash of hormones for herself, mistakenly believing that they would help her retain her youth and beauty, and perhaps making her a little cuckoo herself.

by Anonymousreply 220February 12, 2017 2:54 PM

Why John Waters has not yet filmed my life story is totally beyond me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221February 12, 2017 3:15 PM

R221 I'd go see that film!

Here's an interesting blog about Susan Cabot. Even more interesting, though, is a note in the comments section, from someone claiming he was Timothy's tutor. He claims Timothy was the son of King Hussein of Jordan!

by Anonymousreply 222February 12, 2017 5:34 PM

Whoops here's the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223February 12, 2017 5:34 PM

My go to nightmare is being killed by a Marie Osmond doll in a parking garage. Now that I've read the story, in my bed, by a dwarf I fed, is right up there as a close second.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224February 12, 2017 5:57 PM

She was tiny. Chenoweth tiny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225February 12, 2017 6:12 PM

The Susan Cabot story is one of the most bizarre stories I've ever read. R223 link has the best details.

This link doesn't have as many details but has a pic of the house (from the outside) and a pic of a Bold 3 detergent box (nostalgic?) where the weapon was placed. I couldn't find any pics of the inside of the house.

[quote] They lived here in Encino, for 11 years.  They never went anywhere without each other. Must have been quite a sight. The creepy "kept to themselves" scenario. Inside the house was reportedly disgusting. Newspapers and magazines everywhere, clothing strewn about. She hadn't made films in years, so it was VERY Sunset Boulevard, with no butler.

[quote] After becoming suspicious of the son, police took him to headquarters to question him further.  They returned to this house with him later that night to pick up his medication, and he cracked.  He directed police to the murder weapon. A weight lifting bar, probably from a dumbbell. On many levels. It was (and you could NOT make this up) hidden in a box of Bold 3 laundry detergent, in his hamper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226February 13, 2017 12:38 AM

Lucille Ball's MAME.

by Anonymousreply 227February 13, 2017 5:04 AM

R227 = Wha-wha-wha-whaaaaaaaaa......

by Anonymousreply 228February 13, 2017 5:50 AM

Well well. I can see where Susan Cabot's son got the dwarfism gene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229February 13, 2017 8:35 AM

Van Heflin was much taller in real life than he appeared on screen. I have a pair of his pants and they are very long.

by Anonymousreply 230February 13, 2017 9:39 AM

Coriander Pennington Conway, mother of Kellyanne, innocent victim of the Bowling Green Massacre.

by Anonymousreply 231February 13, 2017 9:49 AM

You found a picture of her toes R204? Her toes?? What kind of a sicko are you? Oh. So you did. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 232February 13, 2017 10:50 AM

I always confuse Susan Cabot with Suzan Ball, Lucy's cousin and wife of Richard Long. She died tragically at 21 from cancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233February 13, 2017 11:05 AM

Susan Cabot and her son, pictured in happier times.

This story is just begging to be a film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234February 13, 2017 11:56 AM

R13 as apparently so did Brooke Astor, who didn't deserve that fate.

by Anonymousreply 235February 13, 2017 12:22 PM

Rachel Roberts, actress, who was one married to Rex Harrison. It was reported that her death was a result of swallowing lye, alkali, or another unidentified caustic substance, as well as barbiturates and alcohol, as detailed in her posthumously published journals. The corrosive effect of the poisonous agent was an immediate cause of death. Her gardener found her body on her kitchen floor, lying amidst shards of glass; she had fallen through a decorative glass divide between two rooms. She was 53 years old.

Some reports said she actually 'exploded' from the ingestion of those chemicals and that's what sent her flying through the glass divider.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236February 13, 2017 1:17 PM

[quote] This story is just begging to be a film.

R234 I was thinking the same thing. I've never even seen this story in any of the tabloid crime shows like Vanity Fair Confidential or Dominick Dunn.

A film or show would have to involve at least one or all of the following: Ryan Murphy, HBO, Taylor Lautner. Also, Jennifer Aniston is pretty short in real life so just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 237February 13, 2017 3:43 PM

Sleestack's father Walter shot and killed himself in the family's backyard.

by Anonymousreply 238February 13, 2017 6:02 PM

R211, I am the EXACT same way. Exactly. You are not alone.

by Anonymousreply 239February 13, 2017 9:57 PM

R237, I'm thinking Mariska Hargitay as the tragic Susan...Peter Dinklage as her son (in a role that could get him a well- deserved OSCAR...George Clooney as King Hussein of Jordan...the possibilities are endless.

by Anonymousreply 240February 13, 2017 10:16 PM

Mama Cass wasn't even that fat. Half of America would be dropping dead every year if she died from fatness.

by Anonymousreply 241February 13, 2017 10:27 PM

She died of a heart failure r241 due to her obesity. Heart failure is the leading cause of death in the US, often attributed to obesity. Much of the country IS dropping dead of fatness.

She stood out back then as most of the country wasn't over weight. But mama cass was very fat, people today dont think so because we're used to seeing people the size of whales.

by Anonymousreply 242February 13, 2017 10:37 PM

[quote]Kathleen Kennedy Cavendish's death was neither that gross nor disgusting.

No more or less gross than any routine plane crash where they pull the mangled bodies out of the wreckage, I suppose.

The most disgusting thing about the accident is that it was entirely avoidable. The party had been making their journey in stages and they had stopped to re-fuel and have lunch. The pilot told Lord Fitzwilliam that a storm was coming in and that they needed get back in the air as soon as possible. His Lordship and the rich American widow lingered over a leisurely lunch regardless.

When they returned to the plane, the pilot told them it was too late and that they could no longer take off until the storm had passed. Lord Fitzwilliam pulled rank on him, threatened to fire him, and ordered him to take off at once. The storm was not as deferential to the arrogant entitlement of the aristocrat as his subordinates were. It killed them all with democratic indifference.

by Anonymousreply 243February 13, 2017 10:38 PM

R35 is nuts. Jayne Mansfield was not decapitated. That was debunked decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 244February 13, 2017 11:31 PM

Mama Cass did die of a heart attack, which was probably at least partly drug-related. No drugs were found in her system but in the past she'd done a shit ton of drugs, which can weaken the heart. A combination of genetics + drugs + weight likely did her in.

by Anonymousreply 245February 14, 2017 12:19 AM

Jewish people shouldn't drink or do drugs.

by Anonymousreply 246February 14, 2017 12:20 AM

Mama Cass was considered monstrously large in her era, when her size was very unusual. Like the above poster said, you see people today who are just as big or even bigger than Mama Cass was every single day. It's nothing strange anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247February 14, 2017 12:25 AM

"Much of the country IS dropping dead of fatness."

Life expectancy is going up

by Anonymousreply 248February 14, 2017 12:42 AM

Mama Cass was freebasing ham.

by Anonymousreply 249February 14, 2017 2:04 AM

Had it been Michelle Phillips who died with a ham sandwich on her nightstand, I doubt the sandwich would've gotten much attention in her death lore. But because Mama Cass had a big ass, that sandwich turned her premature death into black comedy.

by Anonymousreply 250February 14, 2017 2:22 AM

What about Jayne Mansfield being decapitated?

by Anonymousreply 251February 14, 2017 3:26 AM

^^^ LOLOL

by Anonymousreply 252February 14, 2017 4:07 AM

I saw twenty women at the grocery store today who were as large as Mama Cass Elliot. But as was said upthread, back in the sixties she was considered HUGE.

by Anonymousreply 253February 14, 2017 7:58 AM

For those who don't or can't remember, Cass Elliot went on a crash diet in 1968 and lost 100 pounds, but it left her with health problems, and also may have damaged her heart, which led to the heart attack that ended her life prematurely.

by Anonymousreply 254February 14, 2017 8:31 AM

The new and improved Mama Cass . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255February 14, 2017 8:34 AM

Speaking of Mama Cass: I wasn't around in the 60s/70s but when I see pictures of crowd shots/street scenes from that era, I really notice how THIN most people were, even older people were slender. The few people who would've been considered overweight back then would be on the high end of normal weight today. These days, obesity is everywhere. It's crazy how fat this country's become.

by Anonymousreply 256February 14, 2017 1:33 PM

Did losing weight impact on her Mama's Cass voice?

by Anonymousreply 257February 14, 2017 2:05 PM

I remember when Melissa Peterman, who played Barbara Jean on "Reba" lost a ton of weight -- it changed her voice, it changed her demeanor, it changed her timing.

It was a mess

by Anonymousreply 258February 14, 2017 2:31 PM

Alfalfa was killed over $50 and a hunting dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259February 14, 2017 2:51 PM

Dana Plato OD'd in an RV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260February 14, 2017 2:57 PM

Speaking of weight loss and voices... Opera star Maria Callas started out as a fat girl with a heavenly voice, when she was in her twenties she lost a shit-ton of weight. After that she was able to wear designer fashions and attract billionaires, but her voice started to go downhill - get coarse and wobbly.

Sorry, /end thread hijack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261February 14, 2017 10:17 PM

Jayne, not decapitated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262February 15, 2017 2:15 AM

Greg Plit was gay. Just like he was using roids and HGH.

by Anonymousreply 263February 15, 2017 2:33 AM

Kirsty MacColl was sliced and diced by a boat propeller in the presence of her two teenage sons. "I was swimming in Mummy's blood," recalled Louis, age 13. "I heard Jamie calling out, 'Where's Mummy?' I screamed at him not to look."

Can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 264February 15, 2017 5:31 AM

One of the richest men in Mexico was responsible for the decapitation death of Kristy MacColl. He paid a stooge to take the rap for him. The family sought justice but super-rich people are allowed to kill with impunity on this planet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265February 15, 2017 5:56 AM

r264 and r265 that sucks, I knew about her tragic death but not that the kids were so close. I wanna say I read the guy only paid like 100k or so, and that's just not enough. Here is a pic of what happens when you get sucked into a jet engine, NSFW obviously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266February 15, 2017 6:12 AM

Kim Jong Nam's death can enter the gross and disgusting category. Plus, Malaysian law requires a family member to visually identify the body before it can be shipped anywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267February 21, 2017 12:23 AM

"One of the richest men in Mexico was responsible for the decapitation death of Kristy MacColl. "

She wasn't decapitated. This is from an article in The Telegraph, "The Day The Music Died":

"In a statement to local police several hours later, Jamie described graphically his mother’s body "with a huge cut... which almost split her in two." It wasn’t an exaggeration. Two autopsy reports, the first carded out in México, the sec­ond by Dr Richard Shepherd of the forensic medicine team at St George’s Hospital Medical School in London, reveal that MacColl was sliced open from the back of the neck to her waist; her left leg and part of her chest were virtually severed. In his report Dr Shepherd observed that because of ‘a massive amount of missing tissue’ he wondered if she had previously undergone a mastectomy."

The rich Mexican who ran her over got off scot free. A deckhand on the boat took the rap was found guilty of culpable homicide and was sentenced to 2 years 10 months in prison. He was allowed under Mexican law to pay a punitive fine of 1,034 pesos (about €63, £61 or US$90) in lieu of the prison sentence. He was also ordered to pay approximately US$2,150 in restitution to MacColl's family, an amount based on his wages. People who said they spoke to him after the accident said he received money for taking the blame.

MacColl's family launched the "Justice for Kirsty" campaign in response to the events surrounding her death. More was found out about her death, but the man who killed her never received any punishment at all, so there was never really any justice for Kirsty MacColl.

by Anonymousreply 268February 21, 2017 1:57 AM

R186 His cousin George V could have rescued the Tzar and his family but chose not to.

I think Grand Dutches Olga was considered as a bride for but Edward VIII but she didn't want to leave Russia.

by Anonymousreply 269June 21, 2018 12:57 PM

Poor Susan Hayward who was suffering from multiple advanced brain tumours had a fit and with she bit off her tongue. I don't know how much longer she lived after that but it's really awful.

by Anonymousreply 270June 21, 2018 1:16 PM

Poor Berry Bernstein (wife of the late Anthony Perkins and sister of Maria Bernstein) was on one of that fateful flights that took off from Boston Airport on 9/11, hijacked by terrorist who then fell the plane into on the the WTC. It would have been impossible to know what she went though and what her family have gone through since. Ironically the friend Berry was going to visit was actress Pat Ast (from Heat & Reform School Girl). Pat was holding a birthday part for Berry and was so distraught by the tragedy that she herself passes away a few days later from a heart attack. Such a sad story all round.

by Anonymousreply 271June 21, 2018 1:20 PM

[quote][R144] yea well tell me how did gregs cock and ass taste? You have no idea cause as the loser you are reading comic books in you bachelor apt in Boise you have only fantasies .....btw robs tasted great....come back and post when you have some real life experience to share ........that's how you BOOM

By not knowing how to use the shift key to capitalize?

by Anonymousreply 272June 21, 2018 1:21 PM

[quote] "I was swimming in Mummy's blood," recalled Louis, age 13. "I heard Jamie calling out, 'Where's Mummy?' I screamed at him not to look."

The answer to the question of course being, "You're soaking in it!"

by Anonymousreply 273June 21, 2018 1:23 PM

Zsa Zsa's last years were sad...

by Anonymousreply 274June 21, 2018 6:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!