Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Neil Gorsuch is only 49 years old.

Color me SHOCKED!

I thought he was at least 60.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 20, 2020 3:57 PM

I wonder if the drapes match the carpet?

by Anonymousreply 1February 1, 2017 11:24 PM

He looks about the same age as Drumpf in this picture.

And Drumpf is 70!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 1, 2017 11:25 PM

All these Trump people look like shit for their age.

by Anonymousreply 3February 1, 2017 11:26 PM

and well be stuck with him for decades....

by Anonymousreply 4February 1, 2017 11:27 PM

He's a punk!

by Anonymousreply 5February 1, 2017 11:27 PM

Hey, we're the same age!

We could pass for twins, no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 1, 2017 11:28 PM

God he's gonna be on that bench forever. At least Scalia was a fatty. Trump/Bannon chose the youngest for a reason. Don't you think it sucks that 9 people get to decide our fate? There should be term limits on the SCOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 7February 1, 2017 11:41 PM

Interesting thought. By the time Gorsuch is as old as Justice Ginsberg is now, he will have served thirty-four years on the court. It will then be 2051.

Trump must be writing Harry Reid a new thank-you card each day for being first to nuke filibuster rules.

by Anonymousreply 8February 1, 2017 11:44 PM

R8, how do you get through life being such an idiot? Harry Reid removed the filibuster for non-Supreme Court appointments.

by Anonymousreply 9February 1, 2017 11:47 PM

He is a diabolical motherfucker.

Pro discrimination, and thinks employers/the wealthy can treat people anyway they fucking choose.

Wants to disable the courts from protecting human right's/civil right's of the American people

Gorsuch is very dangerous motherfucker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 1, 2017 11:50 PM

Why wasn't I picked??!!!

I'm only 54!

Tell me the truth, it was my nude gay pics, wasn't it? C'mon, guys! No fair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 1, 2017 11:50 PM

He's 49? I can't believe how awful he looks.

I'm 49 and look fabulous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 1, 2017 11:52 PM

Let's hope he turns out to be Trump's Earl Warren. That would be fun-NEE!

by Anonymousreply 13February 1, 2017 11:54 PM

His mom was piece of work, too:

Anne M. Gorsuch Burford, 62, the Environmental Protection Agency director who resigned under fire in 1983 during a scandal over mismanagement of a $1.6 billion program to clean up hazardous waste dumps, died of cancer July 18 at Aurora Medical Center in Colorado.

Her 22-month tenure was one of the most controversial of the early Reagan administration. A firm believer that the federal government, and specifically the EPA, was too big, too wasteful and too restrictive of business, Ms. Burford cut her agency's budget by 22 percent. She boasted that she reduced the thickness of the book of clean water regulations from six inches to a half-inch.

...Ms. Burford was forced to resign after she was cited for contempt of Congress for refusing to turn over Superfund records, arguing that they were protected by executive privilege.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 1, 2017 11:54 PM

I'll be sure to give him the numbers for my colorist & personal trainer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 2, 2017 12:04 AM

On Brian Williams show, (i despise Brian Williams) , they were saying Gorsuch is less of a total bitch, while at their country club, unlike his mother was.

How the fuck is this relevant? They are so fucking stupid, including Nicole Wallace. He is a Supreme Court Nominee.

What are his published and peer reviewed reports and opinions? Limited bc he worked for private sector

What are his rulings? He has never been a judge at any level before.

Does not this rule you out for being the top judge in our democracy?

by Anonymousreply 16February 2, 2017 12:07 AM

Policy only matters when they're criticizing President Obama, R16.

When it comes to Republicans they're always held to a different "fluff" standard. No tough questions, please.

by Anonymousreply 17February 2, 2017 12:13 AM

Gorsuch is best known nationally for taking the side of religious organizations that opposed parts of the Affordable Care Act that compelled coverage of contraceptives. In one of those cases, Burwell vs. Hobby Lobby Stores, he wrote of the need for U.S. courts to give broad latitude to religious beliefs.

“It is not for secular courts to rewrite the religious complaint of a faithful adherent, or to decide whether a religious teaching about complicity imposes ‘too much’ moral disapproval on those only ‘indirectly’ assisting wrongful conduct,” he noted in a concurring opinion.

The Supreme Court later ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby, which now is not required to subsidize birth control that it finds objectionable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 2, 2017 12:20 AM

[quote] Harry Reid removed the filibuster for non-Supreme Court appointments.

Yes r9, thereby setting the precedent. If Harry can nuke it for the LIFETIME democratic Court of Appeals judges, then there is no moral high-ground to bitch when republicans use the same tactic. Besides, dems were going to nuke the Supreme Court filibuster after Hillary won anyhow. Have you forgotten the honorable VP nominee AND Reid going on the record they would nuke the Supreme Court filibuster when Hillary won? Reid's shortsighted arrogance started this stupidity. Thank him sometime, I'm sure Trump does.

[quote] Tim Kaine: Democrats Will Nuke Filibuster For Supreme Court Nominees If GOP Won’t Cooperate

[quote] COLUMBUS, Ohio ― Vice presidential candidate Tim Kaine warned on Thursday that his party would move to eliminate rules allowing a minority of Senate Republicans to block Supreme Court nominees should they refuse to consider those nominated by a future president Hillary Clinton.

[quote] Kaine’s remarks add some teeth to threats being made by Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) this week. The Nevada Democrat, in an interview with Talking Points Memo, said that his party was prepared to change the rules of the Senate to eliminate GOP ability to block Supreme Court nominations should Republican intransigence continue into a prospective Clinton administration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 2, 2017 1:16 AM

He's replacing Scalia. So the fact he's a right-wing cunt and total scumbag is less important than with the next justice.

by Anonymousreply 20February 2, 2017 2:02 AM

As for the Kaine thing, the Dems were SO fucking stupid!! They were so confident Hillary was going to win, they set it up so Trump's unstoppable.

by Anonymousreply 21February 2, 2017 2:06 AM

Well, Mommie Gorsuch snuffed it at 62 (from cancer), so if biology is destiny . . .

by Anonymousreply 22February 2, 2017 2:45 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 2, 2017 3:16 AM

I'm a year older than this bitch, and I look 38, tops.

Being a nasty republican ages bitches.

by Anonymousreply 24February 2, 2017 3:18 AM

49 is the new 90!

by Anonymousreply 25February 2, 2017 3:41 AM

Did he die his hair grey?

by Anonymousreply 26February 2, 2017 3:46 AM

[quote]Did he die his hair grey?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 27February 2, 2017 5:06 AM

R23 Oh Jesus. Well thanks for making me read that just to discover it was some asshole club he started against the faculty. That was pointless. Yeah, he read Buckley. He's a scumbag conservative piece of shit. That's why the evil orange is nominating him.

R22 Your mouth to God's ears. Praying for cancer.

by Anonymousreply 28February 2, 2017 5:43 AM

Yes, his grey hair is to die for, R26 - or do,I mean to dye for?

by Anonymousreply 29February 2, 2017 6:09 AM

R16 his writings are not limited. He's written a book on dying, gave a great description of all the arguments on all sides, then came down against it. His study at Oxford was under some conservative Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 30February 8, 2017 9:20 PM

R19 that was in the face of Merrill Garland's nomination a full year before the end of Obama's term. Dems had no choice after that. And this is no time for Pelosi's "turn the other cheek".

by Anonymousreply 31February 8, 2017 9:24 PM

The only way "civility" can be restored in American politics is for the Republican party to be utterly destroyed, root and branch, exposed for the criminal mafia it is.

by Anonymousreply 32February 9, 2017 12:08 AM

If you think that's bad, OP, this is what is hiding in his attic, OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 9, 2017 1:13 AM

Neil Gorsuch did NOT answer any of Chuck Schumer's questions, during his interview with him. Chuck Schumer is pissed about it. Neil Gorsuch is not normal at all.

He told Rachel Maddow about it.

by Anonymousreply 34February 9, 2017 6:33 AM

The reason the Dems were forced to get rid of the filibuster rules for judicial nominees was that the GOP was filibustering absolutely everything. Nothing was getting filled because the GOP was ripping up the constitution.

Some brought up changing the rule for SCOTUS judges too because GOP members publicly said they would stop any judge that Hillary nominated.

Dems were forced into this position. Cons like to pretend Harry Reid just pulled it out of his ass one day.

by Anonymousreply 35February 9, 2017 11:46 AM

52 now

by Anonymousreply 36September 20, 2020 3:45 PM

Isn't interesting how many people in the Drumpf administration have Roma or traveler family names?

by Anonymousreply 37September 20, 2020 3:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!