Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James Franciscus

This old time movie hunk died at age 51 in 1991 of "emphysema" in North Hollywood. Is it possible this was a cover for one of our own? 51 seems young for emphysema.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 4, 2021 3:11 AM

I loved him. Thought he was gorgeous. As much as I would want him to be 'one of us', I never read anything that would hint that he was. Big-time smoker (hence the emphysema). But what a beautiful man.

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2017 3:57 AM

He deflowered Jane Fonda. He was a big smoker. After he died from it, Jane quit smoking, too. It's in her book.

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2017 3:58 AM

My mother was 50 when she died of emphysema.

by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2017 4:26 AM

He was 57 according to IMDB.

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2017 4:31 AM

He starred in this great tv movie, Night Slaves. ABC, 1971, co-starring Lee Grant and Tisha Sterling. Probably on YouTube. And he was beautiful!!

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2017 4:32 AM

He was a very beautiful man. Hotness off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2017 6:20 AM

he enthralled Jane Fonda because he was writing a play in iambic pentameter................well maybe he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2017 6:45 AM

AIDS

by Anonymousreply 8March 3, 2021 8:29 PM

In North Hollywood? Can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 9March 3, 2021 8:34 PM

He was Robert Redford...before Robert Redford.

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2021 8:39 PM

loved that "dirty" tv movie i forget the name of it thought i think it had 'wives" in the title.... where he played a big time whore himbo gigolo...

including bedding the daughter of one of his married woman' conquest and the daughter played by EVE PLUMB!!.....

the idea of ole eve's character getting his character in the sack, this handsome experienced sex machine twice her age is beyond kinky dirty hot!... too bad though they never showed the two going at it in this movie..

imagine the pride and satisfaction and sexual power trip eve's young character have to feel to have "got him" and "had him".... awesome! even though the audience is SUPPOSE TO THINK "poor eve's character being taken by this evil male slut! taken advantage of her!"..

by Anonymousreply 11March 3, 2021 8:44 PM

He was creepily handsome like Richard Chamberlain.

by Anonymousreply 12March 3, 2021 9:02 PM

The golden couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 3, 2021 9:32 PM

He was gorgeous. But the smoking. Ugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 3, 2021 9:41 PM

Omg, I loved him on the high school drama "Mr. Novak" when I was a gayling.

by Anonymousreply 15March 3, 2021 9:44 PM

James Grover Franciscus (January 31, 1934 – July 8, 1991) was an American actor, known for his roles in feature films and in six television series: Mr. Novak, The Naked City, The Investigators, Longstreet, Doc Elliot, and Hunter.

On March 28, 1960, Franciscus married Kathleen "Kitty" Wellman, the daughter of film director William A. Wellman. They had four children—Jamie, Kellie, Korie, and Jolie. After the couple's divorce he married Carla Ankney in 1980. They were still married at the time of Franciscus's 1991 death from emphysema in North Hollywood, California, at 57.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 3, 2021 9:46 PM

As someone upthread said, "He was Robert Redford...before Robert Redford."

Handsome, gorgeous, stunning James Franciscus:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2021 9:49 PM

another:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 3, 2021 9:50 PM

R12 I watched an old Carol Burnett episode on an oldie TV channel the other day and Richard Chamberlin was her guest star. Damn was he gorgeous back in the day. I don't know when that episode was filmed, maybe the early1970's? Had no idea he was so delicious. Why do you think he was a tad creepy?

by Anonymousreply 19March 3, 2021 9:51 PM

As Mr. Novak in the '60s:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2021 9:51 PM

Tennis, anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 3, 2021 9:52 PM

I've read that Franciscus also had a problem with alcohol. He was still an extraordinarily good-looking man. Lucky Jane Fonda.

by Anonymousreply 22March 3, 2021 9:55 PM

The cat's face is cracking me up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 4, 2021 3:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!