Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elvis has horrible chronic constipation

His mom had to actually stick her hands up his ass to clean it out.

His stage costumes were designed to handle poop, because he had little control over when it would come.

While the press was oohing and ahhing over Elvis' huge bathrooms with the TVs installed, they didn't realize he would sit there for hours waiting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 14, 2021 3:43 AM

Well, I always thought he was full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 1January 26, 2017 3:54 PM

It's a very uncomfortable condition.

by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2017 4:00 PM

What a depressing and horrible article.

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2017 4:15 PM

He hasn't taken a crap in 40 years, so I guess chronic would be an accurate term.

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2017 4:19 PM

Why is this thread in the present tense?

by Anonymousreply 5January 26, 2017 4:23 PM

R5 Elvis is STILL alive. duh

by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2017 4:25 PM

Well, regularly taking Lomotil in overdose levels couldn't have been a good idea (because he was afraid he'd shit himself) -- on top of all the other opiates he was doing. Yikes. He was a meat & potatoes guy too, right? No fiber. Must have been a nightmare.

I had surgery once and the massive fentanyl they gave me during it stopped me from going for nearly a week. I only took a small amount of norco (with colace and miralax) and still couldn't make a proper dump cake for SO long. Finally when it came, it was scary.

by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2017 4:30 PM

Elvis used to shit his pants. Priscilla said that he wore diapers.

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2017 4:32 PM

[quote]Elvis had problems right from the start and it turned out he had a form of Hirschsprung's disease, and Hirschsprung's disease is a disease of the colon that really kept him from having normal bowel movements and things that he really didn't want to talk about.

Dr. Brookoff, on the other hand, suffers from diarrhea of the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 9January 26, 2017 4:35 PM

Maybe he was celiac?

by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2017 4:36 PM

Elvis died of a heart attack while sitting on the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2017 4:41 PM

Was he shitting a big one as he croaked?

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2017 4:46 PM

He died at the tragically young age of 42. In the last years of his life, he suffered from obesity, drug addiction, depression, chronic insomnia, glaucoma, high blood pressure, liver damage, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic constipation and an enlarged colon

The coroner recorded the cause of death as cardiac arrhythmia, a condition that can be determined only in someone who is still alive. This has caused claims of a cover-up. What was not recorded was Elvis's addiction to the drugs codeine, Valium, morphine, and Demerol, just to name a few. While Presley's main physician, Dr. George Nichopoulos, was exonerated of criminal liability for the singer's death, the facts were startling. The Tennessee Medical Board, which investigated the case, found that Nichopoulos had prescribed Presley more than 10,000 doses of narcotics, amphetamines, and sedatives, and that was just in the first 8 months of 1977. The medical board suspended Nichopoulos for 3 months, and in 1995, his license was permanently revoked.

In 1994, coroner Dr. Joseph Davis reopened the Presley autopsy and stated "There is nothing in any of the data that supports a death from drugs. In fact, everything points to a sudden, violent heart attack." Polypharmacy undoubtedly contributed to Elvis's premature death, even if it was not the final cause.

Forensic historian and pathologist Michael Baden views the situation as more complex: "Elvis had had an enlarged heart for a long time. That, together with his drug habit, caused his death. But he was difficult to diagnose; it was a judgment call." Nichopoulos, who acted as Elvis's personal physician for the last 12 years of his life, claims chronic constipation killed Elvis in his bookThe King and Dr. Nick.

In a 2010 Fox News interview, he stated, "We didn't realize until the autopsy that his constipation was as bad-we knew it was because it was hard for us to treat, but we didn't realize what it had done."

According his autopsy, the diameter of Elvis's colon was 5 to 6 inches, which is about double the size of the typical person's, and instead of being 4 to 5 feet long, his colon was 8 to 9 feet in length.

"We found stool in his colon which had been there for four or five months because of the poor motility of the bowel." Nichopoulos noted that Elvis had inherited a condition called bowel paralysis, which made defecating difficult.

"He would get embarrassed," he said. "He'd have accidents onstage. He'd have to change clothes and come back because of the way we were trying to treat his constipation."

Treating the problem correctly in the early 1970s would have necessitated performing a colostomy. Elvis didn't want to have anything to do with it. "If they had done the colostomy then, he'd probably still be here," Nichopoulos said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2017 5:16 PM

Megacolon is an abnormal dilation of the colon (also called the large intestine).[1] The dilation is often accompanied by a paralysis of the peristaltic movements of the bowel. In more extreme cases, the feces consolidate into hard masses inside the colon, called fecalomas (literally, fecal tumor), which can require surgery to be removed.

A human colon is considered abnormally enlarged if it has a diameter greater than 12 cm[2] in the cecum (it is usually less than 9 cm[3]), greater than 6.5 cm[2] in the rectosigmoid region and greater than 8 cm[2] for the ascending colon. The transverse colon is usually less than 6 cm in diameter.[3]

A megacolon can be either acute or chronic. It can also be classified according to etiology

Signs and symptoms[edit] External signs and symptoms are constipation of very long duration, abdominal bloating, abdominal tenderness and tympany, abdominal pain, palpation of hard fecal masses and, in toxic megacolon, fever, low blood potassium, tachycardia and shock. Stercoral ulcers are sometimes observed in chronic megacolon, which may lead to perforation of the intestinal wall in approximately 3% of the cases, leading to sepsis and risk of death.

Cause

Congenital or aganglionic megacolon

Medication

Acquired megacolon, of which there are several possible etiologies:

Idiopathic megacolon

Toxic megacolon

Megacolon secondary to infection

Clostridium difficile

Other neurologic, systemic and metabolic diseases

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2017 5:19 PM

He made doo doos in his pants!

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2017 5:20 PM

[quote]According his autopsy, the diameter of Elvis's colon was 5 to 6 inches, which is about double the size of the typical person's, and instead of being 4 to 5 feet long, his colon was 8 to 9 feet in length.

Amateur

by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2017 5:24 PM

Honestly, I wasn't aware he died at age 42. Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 17January 26, 2017 5:29 PM

That's why he used to gyrate and grind his pelvis onstage. If he didn't he would end up shitting his pants.

by Anonymousreply 18January 26, 2017 5:30 PM

I remember reading that a lot of his problems stemmed from his binge eating and massive pill abuse. He had prescription pills for everything.

by Anonymousreply 19January 26, 2017 5:37 PM

Did he ever consider a laxative?

by Anonymousreply 20January 26, 2017 5:38 PM

Enemas baby

by Anonymousreply 21January 26, 2017 5:44 PM

I never heard anywhere that his mother had to "stick her hands up his ass" to remove his feces. His mother died when he was a young man; he was not mired in drug addiction back then and that's what caused his bowel problems, his long addiction to drugs.

He took pills for everything. He took pills to wake up and pills to go to sleep. He took pills to go to the bathroom and he took pills NOT to go to the bathroom. He took pills so he wouldn't have to bathe. He told his girlfriend Linda Thompson that there was a pill you could take to keep from smelling bad, so you only had to bathe infrequently. He was a pitiful drug addict, and during his entire lifetime, nobody did one single thing about it, including himself.

by Anonymousreply 22January 26, 2017 5:44 PM

R21 – He allegedly used to buy Fleet enemas by the case.

by Anonymousreply 23January 26, 2017 5:45 PM

It was all those peanut butter and banana sandwiches, which would bind anyone.

by Anonymousreply 24January 26, 2017 5:53 PM

[quote] I never heard anywhere that his mother had to "stick her hands up his ass" to remove his feces. His mother died when he was a young man; he was not mired in drug addiction back then and that's what caused his bowel problems, his long addiction to drugs

Cause[edit]

Congenital or aganglionic megacolon

Medication

Acquired megacolon, of which there are several possible etiologies:

Idiopathic megacolon

Toxic megacolon

Megacolon secondary to infection

Clostridium difficile

Other neurologic, systemic and metabolic diseases

It is possible that his enlarged colon was congenital, and perhaps worsened by the medications.

by Anonymousreply 25January 26, 2017 5:55 PM

[quote]Elvis died of a heart attack while sitting on the toilet.

What a way to go. Or not go, in this case.

by Anonymousreply 26January 26, 2017 5:56 PM

He was surrounded by yes men and good ole boys he'd grown up with. Nobody, even his own family could tell him no. His pill addiction started in the army, it increased with prescription uppers and downers and anything else he could get his hands on. He even had his very own Dr Murray, the infamous "Dr George Constantine Nichopoulos" who was the inspiration behind the Simpsons character Dr Nick.

by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2017 6:03 PM

EDITOR!!!

by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2017 6:11 PM

This is useless without pictures:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2017 6:43 PM

I remember a documentary on Elvis and some of his Memphis Mafia were interviewed. They said after a show it was a race to feed him before he passed out. First thing off stage they'd stick cotton swabs covered in cocaine up his nose and then he'd start eating and popping sleeping pills and when he passed out they'd have to take the food out of his mouth and make sure he didn't choke.

by Anonymousreply 30January 26, 2017 6:47 PM

He had doo doos in his pants. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 31January 26, 2017 6:53 PM

Didn't Priscilla claim he mentally abused her or something. Why, when he had women throwing themselves at him did he marry her.

by Anonymousreply 32January 26, 2017 7:10 PM

"Why, when he had women throwing themselves at him did he marry her."

He married her because Colonel Parker decided it was time for him to get married. He's been living with Pricilla for years, so she was the logical choice for a wife. Supposedly Elvis wanted her to live with him and got her parents to consent to that (she was underage) by promising he'd provide her with a an education and in good time marry her. In seemed incredible that any parent would hand over their daughter to an infamous rock star, but supposedly her parents considered it "the opportunity of a lifetime." In other words, they figured if Pricilla lived with and eventually married Elvis she'd live a life of wealth and opulence for the rest of her life.

If Elvis wasn't such a schmuck as to let Tom Parker make decisions for him he probably never would have married Pricilla. After she gave birth to their only child, he never had any interest in her sexually again. Women who had children were a major turn off for him.

by Anonymousreply 33January 26, 2017 7:20 PM

Imagine how much one of his turds would bring on ebay today?

by Anonymousreply 34January 26, 2017 7:35 PM

Total homosexual. No question.

by Anonymousreply 35January 26, 2017 7:43 PM

I think James Galifino -or whatever - from The Sopranos died of a heart attack while on the john.

by Anonymousreply 36January 26, 2017 7:51 PM

Gandolfini died in the bathroom but not because he was on the bowl straining, at least there's no evidence to indicate that.

His last meal was fois gras and prawns. Tons of fats and salts together. Even one meal like that can stiffen the arteries, and apparently earlier that day he was exerting himself quite a bit, so that would explain the heart attack.

He was touring Italy and as a very prominent Italian-American he was being feted everywhere he went. So that was probably day after day of rich meals, and as he enjoyed la dolce vita, he wasn't exactly turning the meals away.

by Anonymousreply 37January 26, 2017 7:58 PM

R36, so did Don Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 38January 26, 2017 8:00 PM

Didn't Megacolon fight Godzilla in a movie?

by Anonymousreply 39January 26, 2017 8:01 PM

This was a congenital condition worsened by drugs--so that's why his mom had to help him evacuate.

by Anonymousreply 40January 26, 2017 8:01 PM

Kim Jong il died on the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 41January 26, 2017 8:06 PM

This thread is gross

by Anonymousreply 42January 26, 2017 8:15 PM

Poor Elvis. Let him Rest In Peace.

by Anonymousreply 43January 26, 2017 8:21 PM

There is an expression for dying whilst sitting on the throne trying hard to dump and it is "straining at stool." The heart can take just so much straining and pushing over a long span of time, it is exhausting.

Poor Elvis.

by Anonymousreply 44January 26, 2017 8:39 PM

He was the king and he died on his throne.

by Anonymousreply 45January 26, 2017 8:41 PM

Elvis' own cousin claimed in a book that The King enjoyed the cock now and again.

by Anonymousreply 46January 26, 2017 8:45 PM

A police detective once told me that I would be surprised how many people die while sitting on the toilet. Something about the effort to strain can pop an aneurysm in the brain. If there's already a weakness there.

by Anonymousreply 47January 26, 2017 8:46 PM

Francesca Hilton, Zsa Zsa's daughter, died on a toilet in a West Hollywood diner.

by Anonymousreply 48January 26, 2017 9:01 PM

I gave a bottle of Miralax to an Elvis impersonator one time.

by Anonymousreply 49January 26, 2017 9:18 PM

How do you visualize Elvis's colon?

by Anonymousreply 50January 26, 2017 9:20 PM

He needed colonic irrigation!!!

by Anonymousreply 51January 26, 2017 9:26 PM

"was a congenital condition worsened by drugs--so that's why his mom had to help him evacuate."

Like I said, I never heard anywhere that his "Mom" helped him "evacuate." You can bet if that had happened Albert Goldman would have written about it in his biography of Elvis. He did mention his constipation problems and that he sometimes had to wear diapers to keep from soiling himself in bed while in a drug induced sleep.

There was also a rumor that Elvis and his mother were lovers. Supposedly that one was started by Dee Presley, Vernon Presley's second wife. No doubt she had an ax to grind; she wasn't living the good life anymore (Vernon had divorced her) and wanted to make some money by selling her slimy, untrue story to the tabloids. Supposedly Elvis and his mother had once shared a bed; if they did it was while he was a child, and in the South, especially among poor Southerners, that was not considered strange. At any rate, Gladys Presley was her son's guide and protector, but they weren't lovers. If THAT was true, Albert Goldman would have written about that, too.

by Anonymousreply 52January 26, 2017 9:26 PM

Did colonic irrigation exist back in the 70's.

by Anonymousreply 53January 26, 2017 9:37 PM

How in the world can an autopsy tell how long shit has been in a body's colon?

by Anonymousreply 54January 26, 2017 9:54 PM

"Colonic irrigation"...it's not to be sniffed at....

by Anonymousreply 55January 26, 2017 10:08 PM

[quote]He made doo doos in his pants!

Not often enough.

by Anonymousreply 56January 26, 2017 10:09 PM

[quote] Like I said, I never heard anywhere

And this is supposed to mean what exactly?

by Anonymousreply 57January 26, 2017 10:31 PM

Holy shit, R29!

by Anonymousreply 58January 26, 2017 10:44 PM

R52 Goldman painted a sad picture of an immature Elvis who couldn't cope with life in spite of his talent, fame and fortune and who was evilly manipulated by Col. Parker. He got some of his info from Elvis's boys in the band, but a lot came from his sleazy last girlfriend. Not sure everything in it is true.

by Anonymousreply 59January 26, 2017 10:53 PM

Friends! DL fave and gay icon, JUDY GARLAND, died on the TOILET!!!

by Anonymousreply 60January 26, 2017 11:26 PM

I love you R39.

by Anonymousreply 61January 26, 2017 11:33 PM

"And this is supposed to mean what exactly?"

I've never heard anything, no interview with anyone who knew him, no biography of him, not even a tabloid story, that mentioned anything about his mother digging feces out of his anus. This is obviously some new salacious rumor about him that has no basis in fact. His stopped up colon is nothing new, though. That's been talked about and speculated upon. But his mother "evacuating him?" I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 62January 26, 2017 11:56 PM

^^^Do you really want to know the gory details?

by Anonymousreply 63January 27, 2017 12:44 AM

When he was young and good-looking, I would have been happy to put my dick up his ass and give him a high-volume piss enema. I would have loved it and he wouldn't have been constipated for a while. A real win/win. Too bad, too bad. I could have saved his life.

by Anonymousreply 64January 27, 2017 1:26 AM

So, Elvis was into fisting?

by Anonymousreply 65January 27, 2017 1:33 AM

There's long been a false rumor that 40 pounds of impacted fecal matter was found in John Wayne's colon during his autopsy.

by Anonymousreply 66January 27, 2017 1:38 AM

R66 – I'd have believed more that 40 pounds of shit were found in his brain.

by Anonymousreply 67January 27, 2017 4:58 AM

My mother used to be the secretary at a middle high school. Once, a mother sent along a note for her son who was late for school that day. It read: "Please excuse Jonathon for being late because he shit the bed".

by Anonymousreply 68January 27, 2017 5:08 AM

I kinda wanna search Google images for a megacolon, but I also kinda don't.

by Anonymousreply 69January 27, 2017 5:26 AM

Apparently, its common for a lot of people to have heart attacks on the toilet. The symptoms of a heart attack typically come on in the morning hours, and people often mistake them for needing to take a dump. Many think they're constipated and ignore the other signs, like pain in the shoulder and neck. Then KABLOOEY! They die on the crapper.

by Anonymousreply 70January 27, 2017 5:30 AM

"Elvis' own cousin claimed in a book that The King enjoyed the cock now and again.

Bullshit. Elvis never had any desire for cock. A lot of secrets were revealed after Elvis's death, but his being gay wasn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 71January 27, 2017 3:11 PM

Here is an article written by a doctor who searched through Elvis' health background, autopsy report, what meds he was taking, and about how head trauma may have been a factor in his health going downhill. He had so many health problems for his age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 27, 2017 3:29 PM

R72 I skimmed through the report. It seems Elvis was healthy for the most part until a few years before his death. I never knew he was 350 lbs. when he died. How did he get that big? Who was enabling him? His girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 73January 27, 2017 4:10 PM

Maybe it was the peanut butter/bacon/banana sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 74January 27, 2017 4:21 PM

We're talking about Elvis, r73; the question is who WASN'T enabling him?

by Anonymousreply 75January 27, 2017 4:42 PM

It was the peanut butter; nothing blocks the colon like that shit.

by Anonymousreply 76January 27, 2017 9:41 PM

But his voice remained beautiful till the end. He never lost his ability to sing.

by Anonymousreply 77January 27, 2017 9:56 PM

This is awful but, I must say, megacolon sounds awesome. I'd love to go around telling people I have a megacolon.

"I'm going to order the black bean chili. My megacolon will love it!"

"Oooh, my back hurts. My megacolon must be acting up."

"Sorry, I have to jump ahead of you in this bathroom line. I have a megacolon and it needs a megaevacuation."

by Anonymousreply 78January 27, 2017 10:12 PM

Hunka hunka burnin'....

shit.

by Anonymousreply 79January 27, 2017 11:04 PM

His mother died of a heart attack at 52. Heart disease probably ran in the family and then you add drugs and you won't live long.

by Anonymousreply 80January 27, 2017 11:14 PM

R74 and R76, Won't you please say hello to R24?

by Anonymousreply 81January 27, 2017 11:26 PM

Actually Gladys Presley died at age 46. She was quite overweight and was jaundiced before her death. She'd being feeling unwell all that summer and on August 14, 1958. No autopsy was performed, so it was never established exactly what the cause of death was. She was the only person who ever had any control over Elvis, as far as his behavior went (when it came to his career he did everything Tom Parker told him to do). When she went, there was no one to keep him in line. When she died he was 23; like his mother he died in his forties, also in the month of August.

by Anonymousreply 82January 27, 2017 11:36 PM

When I googled it, they said it was a heart attack. Usually when people die in their 40s it is from heart disease. It used to happen a lot especially with men. I remember some of my father's friends died in their 40's. Better screening and better health altogether has changed some of that.

by Anonymousreply 83January 27, 2017 11:42 PM

R79 deserves some kind of award for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 28, 2017 12:07 AM

I remember the media printed his final words to girlfriend Ginger Alden as, "Precious, I need to take a shit . . ." .

by Anonymousreply 85January 28, 2017 12:12 AM

"I remember the media printed his final words to girlfriend Ginger Alden as, "Precious, I need to take a shit . . ." .

Actually what he said was "Precious, I'm gonna go in the bathroom and read a while." She said "okay, but don't fall asleep." He said "I won't." Those were his last words: "I won't."

by Anonymousreply 86January 28, 2017 3:28 AM

America is just like Elvis. We are desperate to dump the impacted fecal matter aka Trump. But I don't know what the megacolon symbolizes.

by Anonymousreply 87January 28, 2017 4:04 AM

I wonder if Melania ever has to reach in and grab Dump's Dumps?

by Anonymousreply 88January 28, 2017 4:32 AM

I didn't learn about any of this on the Graceland tour.

Really teaches you not to envy the rich and famous, don't it?

by Anonymousreply 89January 28, 2017 4:51 AM

[quote] I didn't learn about any of this on the Graceland tour. Really teaches you not to envy the rich and famous, don't it?

With or without the fame and fortune Elvis would have had the same congenital health issues (e.g. enlarged colon, heart disease). He still would have been poorly educated and potentially an addict (his mom was an addict). So I'm not so sure that his life would have been that much better, especially without money.

by Anonymousreply 90January 28, 2017 5:59 AM

Before Elvis died the general public had no knowledge of Elvis' massive drug problem. He was merely a Las Vegas has-been who weighed 300 pounds. As it happened, the day he died, a few of the Memphis Mafia had their book revealing all - published in paperback. They were on GMA in the morning. When I heard Elvis had died later that afternoon, I thought everyone would say the book killed him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 28, 2017 4:23 PM

Well he had no troupe producing celluloid shit and in CinemaScope no less.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 28, 2017 4:35 PM

Poor Elvis. I can't imagine going through life not being able to take a dump.

by Anonymousreply 93January 28, 2017 8:25 PM

JFK had a similar spastic colon or IBS as we call it today. One of the reasons he changed clothes three times a day was soiled underwear, He also smoked cigars to kill the stink and took numerous anti colitis medications. JFK did not sleep in the same bed as Jackie their last night together in Texas because his diarreaha "stomach problems" wers so bad. Famous people have the same problems as obscure ones only they have the added fear of having shits before millions of people.

by Anonymousreply 94January 28, 2017 8:41 PM

JFK - 160 Elvis- 300 one is slightly more believabl

by Anonymousreply 95January 28, 2017 9:46 PM

Believable*

by Anonymousreply 96January 28, 2017 9:50 PM

R95 what does weight have to do with colitis?

by Anonymousreply 97January 28, 2017 11:23 PM

I suffer from the same issue, (something I would only admit to on an anonymous forum! haha).

I was officially diagnosed after my last colonoscopy. I've had a long history of chronic constipation. It's horrible. Over the last 12 years, a month hasn't gone by where I haven't been incapacitated for at least 10 days. Sometimes every other day, sometimes I'm in bed for a week.

It's called a torturous colon, or redundant colon. It is stretched more than the average colon and can have up to 5 more spirals. Some are born with it and develop problems in later life, others develop it due to stress or bad eating habits, or pain killer abuse I would think. Vicodin and similar drugs are horribly constipating. I can't take take them. I also stopped eating bananas and peanut butter years ago, they were staples to my diet. I'm not overweight, in fact, I'm rather underweight. I've always been a gym rat and eaten a mostly healthy diet. (ice cream, donuts, McDonald's once in a blue moon, but not regularly). I've been told I'm lean because my body doesn't properly absorb its nutrients. I have to take a stool softener, magnesium pills, and two colon cleanse pills every night to stay regular. Because the shape of my colon is somewhat unique, when food gets stuck, it's somewhere in the center, so enemas and products like Miralax have no effect on me. It's very frustrating. It's also very painful and completely cuts off both my physical and mental energy, not usually the case for most who suffer from it.

Yes, technically Elvis died from cardiac arrest. It's what kills all of us no matter what disease we have. But I think it's safe to say his chronic constipation was a heavy contributing factor.

by Anonymousreply 98January 28, 2017 11:39 PM

ELVIS DID NOT HAVE COLITIS, R97, and no one every said he did. Colitis makes you super skinny because of malabsorption and constant bloody diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 99January 28, 2017 11:54 PM

What a load of shit that article is.

by Anonymousreply 100January 29, 2017 12:59 AM

R98 My sympathy. Any chronic illness is a curse. Yours sounds particularly difficult. Buona fortuna.

by Anonymousreply 101January 29, 2017 2:56 AM

Thank you R101

"ELVIS DID NOT HAVE COLITIS, [R97], and no one every said he did"

Don't be so hard on him. To people who don't suffer from digestive disorders, they're all the same. People always ask if I have colitis not realizing it's a completely different kind of disease. If they're lucky, they'll never find out.

I wouldn't wish my illness on anybody. Well, maybe one person. Along with the others who have moved with him into the White House of Horrors.

by Anonymousreply 102January 29, 2017 5:11 AM

R100 please explain why the article at R72 is a load of shit, Know it All.

by Anonymousreply 103January 29, 2017 5:49 AM

He was joking R103.

by Anonymousreply 104January 29, 2017 5:55 AM

I'll never curse my own healthy turds again.

by Anonymousreply 105January 29, 2017 5:57 AM

Understand, R104.

by Anonymousreply 106January 29, 2017 6:11 AM

R102, I have both colitis (since1989) and redundant colon (since 2010). People used to make fun of me when I had to leave to go to the john so many times, no one knew the word 'colitis.' I probably got redundant colon from the colonoscopy prep I've had to take every other year for 20 years.

Elvis had constipation from opioid drug addiction. That's common.

by Anonymousreply 107January 29, 2017 5:26 PM

R98, might I recommend the netflix documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"? Best of luck managing your condition.

by Anonymousreply 108January 29, 2017 10:35 PM

It's too bad that Dr. Schulze was not around at that time -- he could have evacuated Elvis's innards but good.

I'm not kidding. A lot of that alternative stuff he sells is IMO snake oil, BUT one thing he sells that absolutely, positively works is his intestinal formula #1. It's all natural and it absolutely, positively will get your bowel working. I had problems with constipation and this stuff totally cleaned me out, like clockwork, without any special diet.

Schulze once said that once he was at an autopsy and the person's bowel had been removed. The doctor applied at little of the intenstinal formula #1 and the bowel -- dead, and removed from the body -- still twitched reflexively.

by Anonymousreply 109February 1, 2017 3:53 PM

Schulze uses herbal laxatives, R109, several of which are ingredients in laxative drugs. Senna leaf = Senocot.

You'll need more and more in time, it will become an addiction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 1, 2017 4:37 PM

Whatever happened to enemas? They may be a little unpleasant, but they work immediately.

by Anonymousreply 111February 1, 2017 5:15 PM

OP is rubbing one out .

by Anonymousreply 112February 1, 2017 5:34 PM

I find it somewhat serendipitous that one of the greatest male pop singers needed manual extraction of feces(by his mother) and one of the greatest female pop singers Whitney Houston also needed manual extraction(by Bobby Brown) of her "doo doo Bubbles."

It's very Ebony and Ivory.

by Anonymousreply 113February 1, 2017 5:53 PM

I didn't need to know any of this!

by Anonymousreply 114February 1, 2017 7:34 PM

[quote]Because the shape of my colon is somewhat unique

Well at least you have something you can hang your hat on at the end of the day, r98.

by Anonymousreply 115February 1, 2017 8:19 PM

R110, I haven't used them in years so no need to worry about addiction.

by Anonymousreply 116February 1, 2017 9:29 PM

"I find it somewhat serendipitous that one of the greatest male pop singers needed manual extraction of feces(by his mother)."

I don't think that ever happened. If it did, Albert Goldman would have gleefully reported it in his biography of Elvis. Here's an excerpt from that book on the subject of Elvis's bowels:

"The next job is stocking Elvis's bathroom. It is the subject of entire notebook. Among the more revealing items are the great variety of powerful laxatives and Fleet enemas. Like all junkies, Elvis suffers from a a paralyzed colon. Opiates immobilize the striate muscles that produce defecation. The abnormally large does of laxatives that he must take to rouse his numbed gut force his body to the opposite extreme. Many a morning it is necessary to strip the bed before the housekeeper arrives, lest the gossip through the hotel that "Elvis Presley shits in his bed." Hamburger James (Elvis's black valet) is always bustling out of the Imperial Suite with some unspeakable object in his hand. If it isn't a load of king size sheets stained with urine or feces, it's a bath towel wrapped around a cache of spent plastic syringes. James is a sly fellow. He has learned to an elevator to a floor far from the penthouse, where, espying an unattended trash truck, he can dump his incriminating bundle and then make off again without anybody being the wiser."

by Anonymousreply 117February 1, 2017 9:33 PM

Yuck

by Anonymousreply 118April 13, 2021 8:29 PM

Yum

by Anonymousreply 119April 14, 2021 3:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!