Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Virginia Madsen used to be hot

Have you ever met her? Do you know any gossip about her? Do you like her as an actress?

She used to be so daring. For 'Candyman', although she was allergic to bees, she accepted to cover her body and mouth with bees for a scene. The bees were bred specifically for this movie. They needed to make sure that the bees were only 12 hours old so that they looked like mature bees, but their stinger wouldn't be powerful enough to do any real damage. She was also hypnotized for some of the film's scenes (not for the bees scenes). She also accepted that...What a chick!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 5, 2019 1:48 AM

She was formerly married to actor and director Danny Huston after meeting on the set of Mr. North. They were married in 1989 and divorced in 1992. She had a relationship with Billy Campbell which lasted from 1981 up until she met ex-husband Danny Huston...

She had a son with another man. He was born in 1994.

Her paternal grandparents were Danish. Her mother has English, Irish, Scottish, and German ancestry, and is also said to have Native American roots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2016 6:14 PM

Her name sounds old, not hot.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2016 6:15 PM

She's a fine actress and she's feminine in the very best sense - visually she reminds me of a more beautiful version Celeste Holm (another actress with Scandinavian roots).

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2016 6:20 PM

I wouldn't want to piss her off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2016 6:29 PM

R4 = Tom Kirkman

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2016 6:31 PM

She also has a child with Trump's favorite actor, Anthony Sabato. For whatever reason, she's never a very appealing presence. In 'Candyman", she was thoroughly unlikable and brought no empathy to the character at all.

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2016 7:04 PM

Fire with Fire

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2016 7:16 PM

She's had some... interesting face work recently, going by her appearance on ABC's [italic]Designated Survivor.[/italic]

But I like her very much in 2001's [italic]Crossfire Trail.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2016 7:34 PM

Be my victim.

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2016 7:40 PM

She had a mid-life career surge in the early 00s, as a leading lady in some A list films, after having worked in decidedly lower grade films or indie projects through most of her 20s and 30s.

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2016 7:58 PM

Candyman got her, R10.

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2016 8:05 PM

I thought she was aging very well and I always considered her a feminine ideal. Now she came out in this disappointing show called American Gothic playing the mom with really bad filler. She was super hot and had beautiful breasts.

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2016 8:47 PM

I've been racking my brain for the person she reminds me of, in a movie that has something to do with Wonderland (I was thinking it had Alice in the title).

It's "Next Stop Wonderland" with Hope Davis.

Hope Davis reminds me of Virginia Madsen.Maybe they could play sisters, with Virginia as the pretty one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2016 2:32 AM

I think she looks like "Gillian Anderson's sister who didn't get the good genes".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 27, 2016 2:36 AM

She's dating the hot (and 20 years younger) Nick Holmes, so good on her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 27, 2016 2:46 AM

I thought she was lovely and warm in Sideways.

by Anonymousreply 16November 27, 2016 2:46 AM

Really like her as an actress. She comes across as smart and genuine. She was fantastic in Candyman.

by Anonymousreply 17November 27, 2016 2:51 AM

I used to have this poster hanging in my dorm room, and I thought she was the most gorgeous creature at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 27, 2016 2:55 AM

Best.voice. Ever. Love it. Sultry, sexy. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 19November 27, 2016 2:57 AM

I'm watching Candyman right now and I LOVE her in it!! I will admit that without Tony Todd and the soundtrack I don't know if I would feel the same way....I also like her in Sideways but generally hate everyone else in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 20November 27, 2016 3:07 AM

I hear you're lookin for Candyman, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 21November 27, 2016 3:13 AM

I loved that movie, R18.

by Anonymousreply 22November 27, 2016 3:16 AM

Met her in the green room of a talk show. She walked by the green room, shouted no way and sat down next to me. She thought I was someone she knew. Talked to me for like an hour, was very nice.

by Anonymousreply 23November 27, 2016 3:46 AM

Was she high, R23?

by Anonymousreply 24November 27, 2016 3:52 AM

I've liked her in some of the shows and movies she has done. I liked her as the villian in the short Witches of East End on Lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 25November 27, 2016 4:17 AM

She appeared recently as a recurring character in Elementary, as Aidan Quinn's love interest.

by Anonymousreply 26November 27, 2016 4:22 AM

I love how in FIRE WITH FIRE her character, Lisa, suggests a dance hosted at the convent girl's school---and to invite the boys from the Honor Camp just to again see Joe Fisk (Craig Sheffer). After they have been reunited and have slow-danced in the gym (to Bryan Ferry's "Slave To Love"), he refers to the wonderful seeming serendipity of their meeting again. She informs him that she has engineered the whole thing so that they could be together ("That's why you're here."). Fantastic!

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2016 4:28 AM

You made this thread so fucking interesting with your comments, guys! I didn't expect all these interesting responses.

I wonder what happened during the filming of 'Class' (1983). In an interview, they asked Virginia about it and she replied 'Oh. Ew. I don’t want to talk about that. Those guys were assholes. They were really shitty to me. It was bad. Bad memories.'

I wonder who were really shitty to her. Do you have any clue about 'those guys'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2016 12:44 PM

FIRE WITH FIRE was one of the movies my friends and I would watch over and over when we were in high school. We thought it was SO good...caught it on cable not long ago, and wow, is it terrible.

Our other "go to" movies were TWO MOON JUNCTION and LEGEND OF BILLIE JEAN--also terrible, I now realize!

by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2016 1:31 PM

I remember liking the movie "Electric Dreams," OP. WHET Lenny Von Dohlen? He was very cute and was becoming semi-famous for a while, but then he disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 30November 27, 2016 1:44 PM

She was so beautiful in 'The Haunting in Connecticut'! However, her acting abilities seem limited, when she has to play a vulnerable, or frightened woman.On the other hand, she always seems convincing when she has to play an assertive woman. There is nothing fragile about her. Nevertheless, her smile can be warm and natural. She radiates then. I guess she is a very straight person, whatever that means...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 27, 2016 11:35 PM

Highly underrated actress,she should have had a much bigger career. Danny Huston is another underrated actor. I also had the biggest crush on her brother Micheal,another underrated actor.

by Anonymousreply 32November 27, 2016 11:40 PM

She could play Scully's sister.

by Anonymousreply 33November 27, 2016 11:48 PM

She was born in 1961. 'The Haunting in Connecticut' was a 2009 film, so Virginia was 48 back then. She was looking absolutely gorgeous, I can't believe that she was 48 years old during that time!

by Anonymousreply 34November 27, 2016 11:58 PM

I loved her as Carolyn Warmus opposite hottie Chris sarandon in the "carolyn Warmus Story", a fab TV movie from the 90's.

by Anonymousreply 35November 28, 2016 12:09 AM

I get her confused with Greta Saachi, an actress who married her cousin.

by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2016 12:10 AM

I've always liked her so I gave her show AMERICAN GOTHIC a chance...couldn't get into it.

by Anonymousreply 37November 28, 2016 12:31 AM

She's the beloved-but-unloved blonde goddess of the female triad in "Modern Girls," which is sort of "Valley of The Dolls"-lite and very popular on cable back in the '80s. She looks gorgeous in her pink dress, but in retrospect her character is deeply troubled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 30, 2019 10:45 PM

Long Gone. A 1987 HBO movie in which she starred with the impossibly handsome young William Petersen. It was a pretty good movie, IIRC, but Madsen and Petersen were both so gorgeous it was a little distracting. Sadly, it's not available on streaming video or DVD as far as I can tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 30, 2019 10:59 PM

omg, it's true...she looks like celeste holm!

by Anonymousreply 40April 30, 2019 11:09 PM

So beautiful. Great smile, warm eyes.

by Anonymousreply 41April 30, 2019 11:17 PM

She always looked trashy when she was young, part of why she was hard to cast well. But as she aged her face become more vulnerable. She actually showed a gift for comedy when she guest starred on Frasier.

by Anonymousreply 42April 30, 2019 11:20 PM

She was smoking hot in "Slam Dance."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 30, 2019 11:23 PM

………………………………………….no fish

by Anonymousreply 44April 30, 2019 11:38 PM

Ted Danson Danny DeVito Rhea Perlman

by Anonymousreply 45April 30, 2019 11:43 PM

I read an interview once with Antonio Sabata Jr where he had really hostile feelings towards Madsen.........as I remember he was accusing her of using him as a sperm donor for her kid and then wanting zero to do with him ever after.

The only movie I ever remember her in was a lifetime movie where she played a wife of a security guard who ends up robbing a bank and getting away with a ton of money and hiding out in Mexico. She tracks him down and gets the money back and collects the sizeable reward. DOnt remember the name of it and I dont remember the details well but to remember it 20 years later considering it was just a lifetime movie, it must have been pretty good and well acted/

by Anonymousreply 46April 30, 2019 11:54 PM

A terrific actress.

One of her best performances is in The Hot Spot with Don Johnson and the equally gorgeous Jennifer Connelley. She vamps it up as a femme fatale and she's great.

I heard she's excellent in the movie 1985 which came out last year.

by Anonymousreply 47May 1, 2019 12:32 AM

She played Cybill’s cousin on Moonlightimg in the last season. Absolutely stunning then.

by Anonymousreply 48May 1, 2019 2:27 AM

The interview actually starts about 20 minutes in, and an interesting discussion of "Dune" begins at 34:25.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 1, 2019 4:37 AM

R28, I'm guessing she was talking about Rob Lowe (who IS an asshole, and obviously thought he was too gorgeous to be bothered with being pleasant or professional to the plebeians who weren't of costarring status) and probably also Andrew McCarthy (haven't heard anything awful about him, but that was right around the time the Brat Pack thing was big, so maybe he had a swelled head, dunno).

I've always put her in the same category as Sherilyn Fenn, another gorgeous, talented actress who was/is just too individual and not enough of a "play the game" type. They both should have been MUCH bigger stars, and headlining major films.

by Anonymousreply 50May 1, 2019 5:43 AM

Good comparison r50. Love Sherilynn. They both have such unique looks, voices, and presence. Very sexy, very quirky, dynamic presence on screen.

Thanks for that interview r49. Interesting to hear her talk about Sideways and how she got that role. I liked that she expressed pride in how she prepared for the role and how she got the role ("It was the best audition").

It's a shame her career declined in the '90s. It seemed after Candyman it diminished for a decade.

by Anonymousreply 51May 1, 2019 11:34 PM

i'd love to see a good movie with Virginia and Sharon Stone playing sisters.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2019 8:28 PM

Or lovers.

by Anonymousreply 53May 5, 2019 1:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!