Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

KC Was Nothing Without His Sunshine Band

Why don't you just deal with it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 8, 2019 8:47 PM

KC was one hot piece back in the day. Just looking at his face used to get my young dick hard.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2016 1:49 PM

[quote]get my young dick hard

That's the way I like it!

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2016 1:55 PM

He made me so hard! Whacked off to his pics many many many many times. Keep it cumming love!

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2016 1:57 PM

He was quite a fur bearing otter!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2016 2:02 PM

OP - you have it the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2016 2:18 PM

R1 No wonder! Check out that smile! Man, he was sex on a stick back in the day...but, ever since he and his bandmate/lover Rick Finch split up, KC can't seem to write a decent song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2019 8:20 AM

"Give it Up" is a classic. He didn't need the Sunshine Band for that one.

by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2019 8:21 AM

R7 Epic actually called Finch back to help out on that one. He played bass on it and did the arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2019 8:26 AM

R8 Ah, that's right, he did.

by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2019 8:29 AM

R8 This is an interesting article: "What no one will dispute is that the car mechanic turned bass player turned producer-arranger-engineer was an equal partner in the wildly inventive records that took his band over the top in the Seventies. "In the beginning I had my doubts about which one was doing it," says Alamo. "I'm not sure to this day which one. I just know that together they did it. I've vacillated - Finch did it all, then KC did it all. If anyone out there knows the answer, they're lying." Henry Stone says simply, "Rick was my favorite." "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2019 8:36 AM

KC actually had some decent tracks on his last few 80s albums (NOTHING since then), but the public perception of artists associated with "disco" at that point was like being dipped in toxic waste.

by Anonymousreply 11September 2, 2019 5:52 PM

Give It Up was an awesome song without the Sunshine Band.

But you know this, as you're the Datalounge Redundant Thread Troll.

by Anonymousreply 12September 2, 2019 7:50 PM

Richard Finch, his writing partner, was sent to prison for 7 years for being involved with underage males. Now, out of prison, he is on parole because of another underage male.

Dear God, at least pick boys/men who are legally of age! He must have spent a lot of his money on lawyer fees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 2, 2019 8:06 PM

KC was smart, and owns his copyrights. Rick sold his, and complains about not getting any royalties. A very early story is telling: Rock your baby cost exactly $15 to produce. (free studio time, old reused recording tape, and the $15 was for the guitar player. ) Made a MINT, worldwide hit. With his first check, Rick bought his elderly mother, who does not drive, a $75,000 car...

by Anonymousreply 14September 2, 2019 8:35 PM

Cocaine makes happy feet, the camera knows where to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 2, 2019 8:38 PM

R15 KC says he was clean during the 70s and really didn't get into drugs until he left showbiz in the 80s. It developed into a $100,000 a year habit. This was a great doc, I wish I could find the whole show somewhere:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 2, 2019 9:17 PM

R12 Maybe OP is Rick Finch...

by Anonymousreply 17September 2, 2019 10:56 PM

R14 Gotta cut him a bit of slack on that...he was a poor kid who's father died when he was a baby, his mom (who I don't think was "elderly" -- she was probably 45 at the most) had 5 kids to raise. Rick was like 19 or 20 years old when he got that check. He paid off his mom's mortgage and bought her a car. He was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 18September 2, 2019 11:09 PM

KC is the only person I know of who got fat AFTER he started doing coke.

by Anonymousreply 19September 2, 2019 11:23 PM

KC and the Sunshine Band had phenomenal success right off the bat. Their first four songs (Get Down Tonight, That's The Way I Like It, Shake Your Booty, I'm Your Boogie Man) went to no. 1, and their fifth almost made it five in a row (stopped at no. 2). Then , a couple of middling ballads (Yes, I'm Ready and Please Don't Go). But when disco died, so did their career. Reminds me of Andy Gibb.

by Anonymousreply 20September 3, 2019 12:13 AM

R20 I don't think KC and Andy Gibb are even in the same ballpark...KC was far more talented, imo.

by Anonymousreply 21September 3, 2019 9:36 AM

R20 "Please Don't Go" also went to #1 in the US. It was the first #1 hit of the 1980s. A couple of years later, "Give It Up" went Top 20 in the US, but #1 elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 22September 8, 2019 8:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!