Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cybill Shepherd - what happened to her?

She looks like a drunk version of Kathleen Turner. I've always liked her. Lovely woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154May 18, 2018 5:45 PM

Old age. It happens only to the lucky ones though.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2016 12:28 PM

She's 66 years old. 8 years older than Frances Bavier was when she started playing Aunt Bee. Of course Shepherd's streaming blonde hair is dissonant with an older woman's face.

Shepherd should let her hair go grey and put it up like Aunt Bee. Then her 'look' would match her face and her actual age. She is a good actress. She would probably get every character role out there.

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2016 12:34 PM

The same thing happened to her as Candice Bergen, Kathleen Turner and other great beauties from the 60s/70s: The got old. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2016 12:40 PM

Does anyone have a still shot from "Taxi Driver"- the comparison would be heartless!

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2016 12:46 PM

OP is clearly not Christine Baranski.

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2016 12:48 PM

Weight gain or filler to plump out wrinkles?

Also, her skin has a drawn or worn quality like you might expect to see after bad skin tightening surgery on already thin skin.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2016 12:59 PM

Clearly you shitheads have forgotten all of my awards I have received from GLAAD, HRC and that I marched for your rights in Washington. I also gave birth to several gay, bi, or questioning children. Plus I fucked Elvis, battled Christine Baranski, feuded with Bruce Willis, and lost the Emmy 4 times.

Is it never enough for you people?

I am your queen, not someone to be made fun of!

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2016 1:00 PM

After a certain age, it's just best to work with the aging process than against it. Grace Slick is no longer that rocker beauty of yesteryear, but she still looks good as a senior citizen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2016 1:03 PM

Grace Slick looks like the leader of a Silver Dykes on Bikes group.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2016 1:08 PM

[Quote]I am your queen, not someone to be made fun of!

R7 Halt, bitch, and get back in your lane! I'M the queen of the gays! In fact, I own them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2016 1:11 PM

I wonder if Cybill and Bruce ever fucked, just once?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2016 1:27 PM

She looks like a blonde Delta Burke .

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2016 1:30 PM

She was so beautiful in her youth. Age is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2016 1:31 PM

I worked with her once. And she is not a diva at all. Maybe she mellowed with age.

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2016 1:32 PM

For 66, she's fine.

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2016 1:34 PM

Kathleen Turner looks like a fat, drunken version of Kathleen Turner.

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2016 1:43 PM

She looks fine for 80.

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2016 2:13 PM

Cybill is a golden blonde. None of them age well.

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2016 2:26 PM

I think OP's picture is actually Kathleen Turner!

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2016 2:30 PM

I have to give Kathleen a pass, since she suffers with rheumatoid arthritis. Both the illness and the meds are disfiguring.

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2016 2:36 PM

Why do some women's faces get so wide with age? Same thing happened to Michelle Phillips. Does the fat shift or is it hormonal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2016 3:05 PM

It's weight gain, r21.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2016 3:18 PM

She was a great beauty in her time and she got old.

It's not rocket science OP.

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2016 3:18 PM

Maria - Elisabeth Schaeffers, 75 years, mother of 4, German with net worth of $6 Billion. Looks pretty to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2016 3:45 PM

Grace Slick made be old, fat and grey, but she has had her face lifted.

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2016 3:55 PM

[quote]She is a good actress.

She is a terrible actress. I don't hate her but she is awful. She laughed at her jokes on her sitcom all the time, and always had that stupid Tony Danza-Roseanne Barr Dumb-As-Bricks grin on her face. Terrible delivery.

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2016 4:01 PM

She was good in Last Picture Show, but I imagine that role wasn't much of a deviation from her actual personality.

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2016 4:03 PM

R26 What you said.

In her youth I always gave her a chance because of her beautiful face. I finally gave up on her poor acting ability after she became outspoken and I realized how dumb she is.

Not a good actress and probably too vain to take grandmother roles.

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2016 4:05 PM

R24, you lost me at billionaire. Of course a 75 year old billionairess is gonna have access to cutting edge beauty treatments to keep herself looking young.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2016 4:06 PM

She was excellent in Moonlighting, a great show no one remembers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2016 4:06 PM

R21- I think it's an overuse of fillers along ckeek bones in an effort to lift sagging skin.

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2016 4:10 PM

Bitch~ You are a TV actress who stumbled through your one decent film role, which you got by fucking the director, (Last Picture Show). Get to the back of the bus and bow down to a true diva!

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2016 4:11 PM

Kathleen Turner July 2016.

The problem with actresses (Michelle Phillips as a singer too?) Is they think that by injecting "fillers" around their cheekbones suddenly they look 'rejuvenated.' The overall effect makes them all look 'droopy', facially saggy and plumped like drunken sailors after a bad night out on the town.

And I'm not even talking about the lip fillers, eye lifts and assorted surgical 'enhancements' which makes these clients think they've rolled back the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2016 4:11 PM

I agree she doesn't have much range as an actress, but if cast in the right part can be quite good. I thought she was great in the two Martha Stewart movies she did for CBS. Her coldness and aloofness were perfect.

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2016 4:12 PM

Kathleen Turner has rheumatoid arthritis and is probably on massive doses of cortisone and biologics that alter appearance.

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2016 4:14 PM

She was a goddess in the original The Heartbreak Kid opposite Charles Grodin. I used to jackoff thinking about her. That was before I became more fascinated with men's physiques and penises.

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2016 4:15 PM

I agree with r26, every time I see her on TV or a movie I know that she is acting. She always seemed wooden and rehearsed. I can't think of too many actors I've felt that way about.

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2016 4:16 PM

She still comes back here to Memphis sometimes, and is apparently very gracious. I've also heard her mother was a lovely woman. The house they lived in when Elvis used to "court" her is in East Memphis. Her brother is NUTS though, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2016 4:21 PM

[quote]a drunk version of Kathleen Turner.

In other words: Kathleen Turner.

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2016 4:27 PM

I am good friends with a good friend of hers and have been to her home. She's very nice and funny in such settings. Don't know what she's like to work with.

I do think she appears to have messed up her face. That is not just the result of aging, but the efforts to avoid it.

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2016 4:29 PM

Aren't her two daughters supposed to be bi/lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2016 4:31 PM

r6, It's cheek fillers, same as with r21.

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2016 4:47 PM

Her daughter Clementine Ford is bi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2016 4:48 PM

Not a great actress, but she's effective in the part (many of which have been listed here). I loved Moonlighting as a kid, it's odd the way it's totally been forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2016 5:01 PM

*effective in the RIGHT part

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2016 5:02 PM

Cybill, once of the last of the good ol' broads.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2016 5:10 PM

They all look alike. For a brief second I thought OP's photo was Louise Fletcher

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2016 5:16 PM

She got old is probably enjoying her retirement, she does look good for her age. Most of you should only be as fortunate as her as you get old, and you will before you know it.

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2016 5:32 PM

She a slut, an older version of Kirstie alley.

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2016 6:22 PM

Cybill and Louise wish they looked as good as me.

Suck it, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2016 6:25 PM

[quote] Her daughter Clementine Ford is bi.

Clementine was gay for about two seconds and then ran back to cock.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2016 6:25 PM

Cybill Shepherd and Cheryl Tiegs were so hot when I was in high school.,

by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2016 8:20 PM

Cybill has a movie in pre production called Rose. Her love interest is James Brolin. What are Barbra's thoughts on this I wonder?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2016 8:31 PM

Cybill was great in the L Word along with Jane Lynch. Her daughter Clementine converted to gay for the role she had. Kate Moennig got lucky.

by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2016 8:39 PM

R25, I doubt it. She has that olive complexion that ages more slowly. If she maintained her weight, she'd look like she does. She's not wearing a lot of makeup & her brows are nicely done. That is age defying in itself.

by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2016 8:45 PM

Her daughter Clementine looks just like her.

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2016 8:45 PM

I think she'd benefit from surgery, following weight loss. An eye lift and lip fillers, plus getting rid of the jowls. Plastic surgery doesn't have to end up grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2016 8:47 PM

[quote] Her daughter Clementine looks just like her.

But can't act worth a tinker's damn.

by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2016 2:31 AM

Where in East Memphis r38? What street? Near Audubon?

I go to MEM several times a year and I think I'll cruise by.

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2016 2:36 AM

Princess Grace got big in the face from menopause.

by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2016 3:20 AM

Wow, she looks like Kathleen Turner's twin. They should make a sisters tv show together.

by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2016 3:29 AM

Yeah, okay, R20, but she was a raging alcoholic before RA and continues to be.

by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2016 3:34 AM

Her most likable role was in "Chances Are."

The "Moonlighting" theme will always be one of the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 18, 2016 4:15 AM

Cybill Shepherd, Lauren Hutton, Cheryl Tiegs, Shelley Hack, Margaux Hemingway, Jerry Hall, Patti Hansen, Kelly Emberg, Kim Alexis, Christie Brinkley... those were the top cover girl models of the 1970s-1980s that Madison Ave kept forcing upon us consumers. Blonde, blonde, and blonde. Of course, there were the token brunettes and black girls, but they weren't nearly as popular as the blondes.

by Anonymousreply 64September 18, 2016 4:17 AM

WEHT Cybil's son? The last I heard about him was his arrest for stealing stuff from overhead baggage while fellow passengers on his flight slept. What a low life.

by Anonymousreply 65September 18, 2016 4:21 AM

R64 I never forgave Rod Stewart for dumping Kelly Emberg for the much inferior Rachel Hunter.

by Anonymousreply 66September 18, 2016 4:24 AM

Cybill was also really, really effective in "Taxi Driver." She represented an image so actors like DeNiro and Willis were acting with a girl who represented the unattainable and that's how she created great chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 67September 18, 2016 4:45 AM

She is past 60 years old...what is tube matter with you bunch of idiots?

by Anonymousreply 68September 18, 2016 4:56 AM

I've seen many comments over the years (here and elsewhere) about how being too skinny ages you, but really, more often I think it's being too heavy that ages you because even being slightly heavier then whatever your fighting 35 year old weight was makes you look matronly. Meryl Streep's weight fluctuates, for example, and it's amazing how much better and younger she looks when she is slim for her.

And Shepherd has always been a big boned woman to begin with.

It's funny how Diane Keaton was the one who never had any work done and she ended up looking better than the vast majority of these women. Better off having wrinkles over whatever this distorted look most of these other women sport.

by Anonymousreply 69September 18, 2016 5:06 AM

Hey r59, I can't remember the street but I'll find out. It's off Walnut Grove around Goodlett, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 70September 18, 2016 5:20 AM

Thanks, r70. I visit Germantown friends several times a year.

by Anonymousreply 71September 18, 2016 5:24 AM

Pretty in her youth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 18, 2016 5:24 AM

Wind blown Shepherd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 18, 2016 5:27 AM

Turner or Shepherd?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 18, 2016 5:31 AM

Well, we can only hope John Waters has a career-rejuvenating part for her.

by Anonymousreply 75September 18, 2016 5:34 AM

She should just hang herself.

by Anonymousreply 76September 18, 2016 5:43 AM

W&W for R16. I was going to say the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 77September 18, 2016 5:48 AM

One of the most awkward moments on TV was when Cybill ambushed Meredith Viera, while she was interviewing Madonna walking through NBC studios.

She interrupted shouting, "Hi Madonna, it's Cybill Shepherd!" while Madonna's publicist immediately attempts to stop her.

by Anonymousreply 78September 18, 2016 5:51 AM

Her book is free on the Interwebeses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 18, 2016 11:25 AM

R51, Clementine was mostly gay in her teens and early 20s. She's is definitely bi. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 80September 18, 2016 4:20 PM

R59 R70 The street was Highland Park Place. I used to live across from them. I think that home was recently torn down though.

by Anonymousreply 81September 18, 2016 8:18 PM

"Moonlighting" was brilliant. "The Taming of the Shrew" episode was terrific, e.g., but so may episodes were. And one had the best use ever of "Be My Baby"!

by Anonymousreply 82September 18, 2016 8:24 PM

"many"

by Anonymousreply 83September 18, 2016 8:25 PM

At least in r73 CS has her original cheeks.

by Anonymousreply 84September 18, 2016 8:26 PM

Okay I was misinformed. She didn't date Elvis until the 70s. Yes their house was in Highland Park Place and has been torn down. But her mom and grandmother lived down the street from me in Hein Park on East Drive and there was an estate sale a while back when the house sold after her mom died.

by Anonymousreply 85September 18, 2016 8:28 PM

Can't believe how retarded people on DL are, thinking women who have gained weight as they aged have had "fillers." Yeah, sure. Aged women are known for wanting to voluntarily make their faces look fat.

by Anonymousreply 86September 18, 2016 8:37 PM

r86, Are you for real? Weight gain doesn't result in triangular shapes under the skin.

What these women WANT is to NOT have the sunken cheeks that come with age! Look at the under-eye wrinkles in the OP photo; mere fatty tissue would be puffing those out.

And Michelle Phillips has the exact same faux-apple cheek shapes.

by Anonymousreply 87September 18, 2016 8:44 PM

[quote] The "Moonlighting" theme will always be one of the best.

If you like yacht rock, that is.

by Anonymousreply 88September 18, 2016 9:09 PM

R86, as disgusting as it is, everybody's getting fillers stuffed in their cheekbones like restylane chipmunks. I think even Mike Pence has had it done. That would explain his ballooned face with those old man sunken eyes way back down there, him staring out from his eye-holes like from the depths of terrifying abyss.

by Anonymousreply 89September 19, 2016 12:45 AM

I think she's tremendous(ly overweight)!

by Anonymousreply 90September 19, 2016 1:11 AM

LOL R73

by Anonymousreply 91September 19, 2016 1:17 AM

Thanks r70 and r81.

Hein Park, huh? We just talked about Hein Park when that poster was thinking about the craftsman N. Parkway. That u r70?

by Anonymousreply 92September 19, 2016 1:34 AM

The way she looks it due to more than just age. There's also bad plastic surgery involved. Amazing how rich women get surgery to make them look younger but it turns out to just make them look strange.

by Anonymousreply 93September 19, 2016 1:38 AM

She's probably had more actresses play (a version of) her than any other living actress.

Sharon Stone in Irreconcilable Differences, Annette Bening in American Beauty, Catherine O'Hara in Six Feet Under, Katey Segal in a CSI episode (her character dies violently), Annie Potts in Diva (stage). All unflattering portrayals but still.

Sharon as Cybill:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 19, 2016 1:59 AM

R94 that's a great clip. I always maintained Stone would have had a more lasting career had she concentrated on comedy (but obviously being type cast from Basic Instinct precluded that). She has a naturally wry delivery and good timing.

by Anonymousreply 95September 19, 2016 3:56 AM

Yes r92 that was me. That n. Pkwy house is still for sale I think!

R94, how was Bening in American Beauty supposed to be a version of Cybill?

by Anonymousreply 96September 19, 2016 4:33 AM

I loved Irreconcilable Differences. I predicted a huge career for Sharon Stone after seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 97September 19, 2016 6:34 AM

She tried to run for president a few years ago. Gloria Allred endorsed her.

You can't make this stuff up. Google it.

by Anonymousreply 98September 19, 2016 7:09 AM

[quote]how was Bening in American Beauty supposed to be a version of Cybill?

not that poster but I'd guess that since Alan Ball wrote American Beauty he may have put some of his impressions of Cybil into the Bening role. (he infamously was a writer for Cybil's sitcom....boy that guy needs to write a book: Roseanne, Cybil, Brett Butler what a list he's worked with.)_

by Anonymousreply 99September 19, 2016 7:14 AM

Interview with Larry King.

KING: The "Cybill" show you controlled?

SHEPHERD: Well, you know, the network controls. It was -- it's a collaboration. You can't have a good television show and be -- everybody good around you, have writers -- Alan Ball was my writer for three years. And somebody just told me something today that -- they said that he said that he based a character, Annette Bening's character in "American Beauty" on me.

KING: Did you know that? Did anybody -- had you ever heard that? I hadn't heard that.

KING: When you saw the movie...

SHEPHERD: I took it as the...

KING: ... did you think of it?

SHEPHERD: No. I just thought Annette Bening was so brilliant in it, and I thought the movie was so brilliant, and I was so thrilled for Alan because he was, you know, one of my head writers for three years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100September 19, 2016 12:22 PM

Annette Bening's character was basically a decent, sympathetic woman who had become very jaded. Not necessarily a slap in the face if somehow based on Cybill.

by Anonymousreply 101September 19, 2016 3:47 PM

I've always been impressed that she worked with Elaine May, Woody Allen and Martin Scorsese.

I've seen the Sharon Stone and Annette Bening riffs on Shepherd, very curious about the other ones!

by Anonymousreply 102September 19, 2016 4:03 PM

Moonlighting really was a good show. I remember its first season, I was so into it and Bruce Willis gave me plenty of fantasies. I thought he was so handsome. Bruce really did become the breakout star of the show, which pissed Cybill off. She basically had no career left when she got the show. She should have been more grateful. Her ego got the best of her. Legions of stories from the crew about what a bitch she was to work with. But the show was so good for the first 2-3 years. Another show that went down the drain really fast. It went from great to terrible in the course of one season.

by Anonymousreply 103September 19, 2016 5:40 PM

She wrote in her autobiography that Glenn Gordon Caron (Moonlighting creator) kept telling her "I will protect you from yourself" and she felt that was demeaning. Sorry, Cybill, but he was right. She is truly her own worse enemy.

She was played the perfect straight woman to Bruce and there's nothing wrong with that - Mary Tyler Moore enjoyed critical acclaim and success doing the same on her own show. Cybill should have carried this on over to her later sitcom - and she did at first - but then insisted on being the one who got all the huge laughs - which didn't work for her as she played it way over the top. But 'Cybill' the sitcom also had some nice moments between her and Baranski, especially in the earlier episodes when her character was earthy and the perfect foil (as straight woman) to Baranski.

by Anonymousreply 104September 19, 2016 5:52 PM

[quote]I was so into it and Bruce Willis gave me plenty of fantasies. I thought he was so handsome.

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 105September 19, 2016 5:52 PM

Excellent analysis, R104! "Cybill" sitcom was best early in its run when Shepherd was straight man to Baranski and the career indignities she faced.

by Anonymousreply 106September 19, 2016 6:05 PM

Yes, "Cybill" started out really good, until it became obvious she was jealous of Baranski getting the laughs.

Poor Baranski--having to be on series with Cybill AND Julianna Margulies!

by Anonymousreply 107September 19, 2016 6:49 PM

It's always hard to be the pretty one.

by Anonymousreply 108September 19, 2016 9:18 PM

She was a presenter at the Academy Awards and announced the names of some nominees...only it wasn't the names of any nominees, it was the names of two Peter Bogdanovich movies. She said she did it as a joke, but most people believed she was drunk or just acting like an idiot. I've seen her on talk shows: I think it was the latter.

by Anonymousreply 109September 20, 2016 12:02 AM

[quote] Her most likable role was in "Chances Are."

Totally agree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 20, 2016 12:54 AM

Baranski was recently seen touring a New York museum with Margulies. Apparently, they're good friends off the set.

by Anonymousreply 111September 20, 2016 5:39 AM

Alan Ball had a storyline for a while on "Six Feet Under" where Lilli Taylor's character worked for a completely insane, shrill, and mercurial Hollywood producer played by Catherine O'Hara. It made little sense in the context of the rest of the series unless you were clued in that O'Hara's character was based on Cybill Shepherd, whom Ball had suffered under when he worked on "Cybill."

At one point she gloated she went to a dinner party at Mark Harmon's and Pam Dawber's house and goaded Melissa Gilbert into tears: "That's right! I made Half-Pint cry!"

by Anonymousreply 112September 20, 2016 5:55 AM

[quote] (he infamously was a writer for Cybil's sitcom....boy that guy needs to write a book: Roseanne, Cybil, Brett Butler what a list he's worked with.)

A friend of mine once met him at a dinner party in about 2003 and had a long talk with him about working with those actresses. he told my friend he thought Cybill was a horrible person and still actively disliked her, but he only felt sympathy for Brett Butler because her bad behavior was due to mental illness rather than to being a diva.

by Anonymousreply 113September 20, 2016 6:04 AM

I love Cybill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 20, 2016 7:22 AM

One of my favorite episodes of Moonlighting was the black and white noir episode "The Dream Sequence Always Rings Twice, with Cybill singing Blue Moon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 20, 2016 7:35 AM

She always had that wonky eye......

by Anonymousreply 116September 20, 2016 11:03 AM

Amazon review of "Diva" written by Howard Gould (former writer of 'Cybill'):

[quote] Howard M. Gould's "Diva" is a hilarious comedy with quips and wit galore. It follows the story of Deanna Denninger, an aging film actress whose new sit-com has won Emmy awards for its writer Isaac Brooks. Deanna makes increasingly absurd demands on the writing staff that usually result in firing. Gould constructs the play so that the scenes move from the present with each scene set a few months before until we get to the final "five years later" conclusion. Gould does an excellent job showing the changing kaleidoscope of relations that brought them to the ending that opens the play. The supporting characters like her co-star Ezra who Deanna chronically disparages for lack of manliness turns out to have been a waiter at an earlier point in time. Her husband Petey is hilariously subservient to the Deanna the Diva. Isaac's manager Barry plays the profits without any sense of loyalty or backbone. The play premiered at the La Jolla Playhouse in September 2001 with Bebe Neuwirth in the title role. The play also appears in the anthology New Playwrights: The Best Plays of 2001 (New Playwrights). It's an excellent script, well worth seeking out for production. Enjoy!

Apparently Bebe Neuwirth played the role prior to Annie Potts so add her to the list of actresses who have played a variation of Cybill. And Annie Potts co-starred with Cybill in the disappointing "Texasville" (actually Annie was the best thing about the movie) so she must have had an interesting take on how to play the role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 20, 2016 11:56 AM

Susan Blakely too.

T

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 20, 2016 11:58 AM

CUNT BUMP!!!

by Anonymousreply 119September 21, 2016 10:47 PM

Talk about me some more, y'all! I was one of the first celebs to support the gays!

by Anonymousreply 120September 23, 2016 12:50 PM

How did Sue Lucci manage to avoid the filler/wide face combo? Is it all Youthful Essence?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 23, 2016 1:11 PM

R121 she's skinny and instead of doing injectables got face lifts. I think from Dr. Aston.

by Anonymousreply 122September 23, 2016 3:59 PM

R121 Sorry to burst your bubble, but she has had a lot of work done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 23, 2016 4:06 PM

With regards to weight, Susan Lucci just seems ridiculous to me. She must follow Ru Paul's diet of one tic-tac a day. Don't tell me that's good metabolism.

by Anonymousreply 124September 23, 2016 4:11 PM

OMG! Cybill is turning into Louie Anderson!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 23, 2016 7:29 PM

0mg, what happened??

by Anonymousreply 126September 25, 2016 6:15 AM

She's pretty hot singing "Blue Moon" on Moonlighting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 25, 2016 6:33 AM

bad reverse engineering. i'd get my money back if i were her.

by Anonymousreply 128September 25, 2016 6:40 AM

They should all be going to Brinkley's surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 129September 25, 2016 1:50 PM

Poor thing....she got old.

by Anonymousreply 130September 25, 2016 2:03 PM

Nice work if you can get it

And if you get it

Won't you show me how?

(1000 dogs howling in unison)

by Anonymousreply 131September 25, 2016 3:28 PM

Reunited with some of the cast of The Last Picture Show in 2011, including Eileen Brennan (dead) and Cloris (near death's door according to the NE).

Peter Bogdanovich has always come across like an enormous tool, accentuated by his love of cravats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 28, 2016 11:55 AM

She does look like Kathleen, they should play sisters. Cybill's aged better, but I know Kathleen has health problems that affect that.

by Anonymousreply 133September 28, 2016 12:38 PM

Cybill and Kathleen as sisters would be something I would pay to see. I remember Phil Donahue asked Kathleen about their similarities when he had her on his show in the mid to late 80s and people in the audience rolled their eyes. Kathleen's reply was something about the difference between celebrities versus actors - a shady response but she was being put on the spot - and Phil left it at that.

by Anonymousreply 134September 28, 2016 12:47 PM

R133 well they were both the big boned pretty blonde actresses of their day.

by Anonymousreply 135September 29, 2016 6:48 AM

Cybill and Kathleen Turner were not beautiful in my opinion. They both have those blobby noses and thin lips.

by Anonymousreply 136September 29, 2016 10:20 AM

R136 Turner's nose was broken on the set of VI Warshawski. For whatever reason, when they set it back...it didn't go back to her normal nose, which was pretty much perfect, but this wide flat blob. She never looked the same after that.

by Anonymousreply 137September 29, 2016 2:43 PM

r133 - who should play the older sister? Technically, I'm 4 years older than Kathleen, but I don't think audiences would buy it.

by Anonymousreply 138October 2, 2016 2:48 AM

Yes, Peter Bogdanovich is loathsome. But so is Cybill Shepard. I guess that's why they clicked. Poor Dorothy Stratten wasn't loathsome; she just had terrible taste in men. But on the whole, I think her husband, who killed her, was more likeable than Bogdanovich. And better looking, too.

by Anonymousreply 139October 2, 2016 3:35 AM

Terrible, awkward interviewee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 2, 2016 5:24 AM

I only watched about half of the interview at R140, I didn't think she was a terrible interviewee. It was awkward when Connie Chung revealed what Bruce Willis said about her, but look at what a prize he turned out to be.

And she still looked beautiful at the time of that interview!

by Anonymousreply 141October 2, 2016 7:15 AM

Can a stab at Gypsy be far behind?

by Anonymousreply 142October 2, 2016 8:31 PM

She's drinking too much wine.

by Anonymousreply 143October 3, 2016 9:32 PM

[quote] Cybill Shepherd dances with bovine splendor.

by Anonymousreply 144October 4, 2016 12:14 PM

R73, there she looks like a middle-aged Joseph Gordon Levitt.

by Anonymousreply 145May 18, 2018 6:34 AM

She should record a few novelty albums like Mrs. Miller did in the 60s. She has the hilarious voice to make it happen. Can't you just imagine the possibilities?

by Anonymousreply 146May 18, 2018 6:58 AM

Kathleen Turner gets a lot of grief on here. I've seen her in the flesh and while sh'e no longer a great beauty. she doesn't look half as harsh as she does in photos. Very tall with an average middle aged build, not massively bulky at all and she has lovely skin. She is, as they used to say, a handsome woman.

by Anonymousreply 147May 18, 2018 12:41 PM

Kathleen Turner was much more beautiful than cybill, and much sexier too. For some reason CS was never sexy (i cant put my finger on the reason).

by Anonymousreply 148May 18, 2018 1:14 PM

Up thread someone mentioned all the actresses who have played roles based on Cybill. One to add is Cheryl Ladd in Permanent Midnight.

by Anonymousreply 149May 18, 2018 4:03 PM

Cybill in The Last Picture Show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 18, 2018 4:09 PM

Cybill in The Heartbreak Kid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 18, 2018 4:12 PM

Looks like Mad Cow Disease.

by Anonymousreply 152May 18, 2018 4:30 PM

AWG. Female version.

by Anonymousreply 153May 18, 2018 4:35 PM

"I am getting ugly now. Why? Because I am getting old." -- Kinglsey Amis in a latter to a friend in his late 60s.

"She's pretty now, but age changes that. Age will change ALL of that. Let's see what she looks like down the road." -- Ben Kinglsey in Sexy Beast.

This is how it works. Look up Faye Dunaway when she did Chinatown or Bonnie and Clyde. Then look at her with a cane, a bald head, looking like a monkey a few years back in some horrific candid shots.

Can't wait to see what Goop Paltrow looks like in 20 years or so. I'm guessing Sally Kellerman, which is kinda hot.

by Anonymousreply 154May 18, 2018 5:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!