Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mamie Eisenhower was indeed a bitch

She called Jackie K "the college girl." Some other first ladies don't sound so great either. All over a damn tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274March 26, 2021 4:39 AM

Didn't she drag Jackie mercilessly around the White Hose on a tour while Jackie was pregnant, exhausting her to the point where Ike put a stop to it?

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2016 6:27 PM

How could I possible be that "b" word? I was America's favorite grandmother. Just look at my smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2016 6:36 PM

Pat and Dick never thought I was a bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2016 6:38 PM

“Oh, dear,” Mamie replied...

Miz Mamie needs to join Datalounge immediatemente!

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2016 6:40 PM

So if Hillary wins, will Michelle have to give Bill the household tour? Or maybe they can just abolish it now.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2016 7:01 PM

[quote] Didn't she drag Jackie mercilessly around the White Hose on a tour while Jackie was pregnant, exhausting her to the point where Ike put a stop to it?

I think it was right after she'd lost a baby.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2016 7:05 PM

R6 Actually, this report says that it was right after she'd given birth to JFK, Jr. And his birth date (11-25-60) matches up to the post-election period.

Jackie was reportedly offered a wheelchair, which she declined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2016 7:18 PM

R5 you can probably skip it when the new first spouse has lived there before.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2016 7:27 PM

[quote] Jackie was reportedly offered a wheelchair, which she declined.

Because she had recently had a Caesarian section for JFK Jr., Jackie's doctor requested that a wheelchair be made available for her. Mamie wanted to take Jackie around the White House alone and there was no way in hell Mamie would be pushing Jackie in a wheelchair, so the wheelchair was sitting out of sight. It was there if Jackie ASKED for it, but Jackie was too intimidated by Mamie to ask, so it remained unused. The tour was so exhausting that Jackie was bedridden for a couple of weeks after. Jackie was never offered the wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2016 7:34 PM

R3: Oh yes, Pat did!

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2016 7:54 PM

When Lou Hoover took Eleanor Roosevelt on tour of the White House she stopped short of the kitchen. When Eleanor specifically asked to inspect the kitchen, Mrs. Hoover sniffed, "I NEVER go into the kitchen." and summoned the housekeeper to accompany Eleanor for the rest of the tour. When Eleanor saw the kitchen she was aghast as nothing had been updated for over 20 years. Sensitive to working conditions of the White House servants, Eleanor insisted the kitchen and staff areas were modernized before the Roosevelt's personal rooms upstairs were redecorated.

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2016 7:57 PM

[quote]Jackie was reportedly offered a wheelchair, which she declined.

R7, read the story. She was famously NOT offered a wheelchair, despite an aide calling ahead and explaining that she was under doctor's orders to use a wheelchair. Mamie had a wheelchair hidden out of sight and pointedly did not offer it to Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2016 8:03 PM

Do not be bad-mouthin' my woman!

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2016 8:13 PM

Did Jackie try to climb over the back of the wheelchair until Clint Hill ran up and grabbed her and sat her back down?

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2016 8:23 PM

So did Mamie not attend college?

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2016 8:24 PM

Stupid ass Jackie should have just said she just had a caesarean and wasn't feeling well. That woman was a pathetic masochist putting up with all kinds of shit and all her husband's marital affairs. Who would be intimidated by the grand motherly Mamie???

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2016 8:24 PM

Mamie was a General's wife. They are all bitches. And used to be being boss of anyone within 5 miles of their presence.

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2016 8:26 PM

Why is no one mentioning that horrible wig on the lady's head?

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2016 9:28 PM

[quote]Sensitive to working conditions of the White House servants, Eleanor insisted the kitchen and staff areas were modernized before the Roosevelt's personal rooms upstairs were redecorated.

Which was very good of Eleanor. Her housekeeper Henrietta Nesbitt reported, however, that after the kitchen was fully refurbished with modern electrical appliances, the stubborn staff continued to use the outmoded old equipment that they had grown accustomed to. Mrs. Nesbitt's recorded her horror upon first inspecting the kitchens and discovering that not only were they not modern, they were not even sanitary. Eating out of a dirty kitchen served Mrs. Hoover jut right as she was too indifferent to ever inspect it.

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2016 9:28 PM

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2016 10:54 PM

Ike hated her. And he rubbed her nasty little pug nose in it by making sure his affairs got back to her. That's why she stayed in bed drunk, in the room they didn't share.

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2016 11:10 PM

Favorite Golden Girls moment -

Blanche: My mammy's comin' to visit me! Dorothy: (Bea Arthur stare down) I don't think I've ever known a Mammy... Rose: Not even Mrs. Eisenhower? Dorothy: Mammy Eisenhower... You know, Rose, I think only the Nixon kids got to call her that.

by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2016 11:16 PM

Rosalynn Carter was giving some subtle shade in that article:

[quote]“I’m not sure we would call the relationship among first ladies a sisterhood,” says Rosalynn Carter. “We all know we have a lot in common, though.”

In other words: "None of us really like each other and avoid each other as much as possible. What we do have in common, though, is that we all hate that cunt Barbara."

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2016 11:37 PM

The Carters are such holier-than-thou, lecturing cold fishes. It's no wonder their counterparts don't like them. It tells one a lot that it was Nixon who brought Ford and Carter together after their brutal campaigns. They became friends after that.

by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2016 11:48 PM

I liked when Al Jolson would get down on one knee and sing about her, in blackface of course.

by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2016 12:03 AM

[quote]Mamie Eisenhower was indeed a bitch

Was this ever in dispute?

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2016 12:09 AM

[quote] Didn't she drag Jackie mercilessly around the White Hose on a tour while Jackie was pregnant, exhausting her to the point where Ike put a stop to it?

MARY! Didn't that sadist realize that pregnant women are dainty fragile creatures who might suddenly ABORT if they walk around houses?

by Anonymousreply 27April 8, 2016 12:17 AM

[quote] It was there if Jackie ASKED for it, but Jackie was too intimidated by Mamie to ask,

What a pussy!

by Anonymousreply 28April 8, 2016 12:18 AM

Hey kids! Look up CUNT in the dictionary. I'm sure you'll see my picture there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 8, 2016 12:20 AM

A lot of people in the 50s and 60s were like that

I hate that

by Anonymousreply 30April 8, 2016 12:55 AM

Our epic Mamie Eisenhower thread from last year provided many examples of what a bitch she was. Also, her frumpy tastes.

by Anonymousreply 31April 8, 2016 1:18 AM

The WH kitchen before the Roosevelt remodel. They were still using equipment from the Taft administration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 8, 2016 1:35 AM

Yep but I and my brother have signed letters from Ike and Mamie congratulating our parents on our births, welcoming us to this world etc during President Eisenwower's terms of office. Did I forget to mention that my parents worked in presidential offices?

by Anonymousreply 33April 8, 2016 1:37 AM

[quote]Hey kids! Look up CUNT in the dictionary. I'm sure you'll see my picture there!

Only in editions published before 1990.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 8, 2016 2:00 AM

R3. Ike was always leery of Nixon but Pat loved him and campaigned like gangbusters for him in 68 and 72.

by Anonymousreply 35April 8, 2016 2:13 AM

R35. Meant to say Mamie loved him and ...

by Anonymousreply 36April 8, 2016 2:14 AM

Hey, all you dictionary-readers ... where the fuck do *I* fit it?!? Hrumph!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 8, 2016 6:34 PM

Mamie would have been so jealous of Nancy's helmet.

by Anonymousreply 38April 8, 2016 6:38 PM

To this day, Lou Hoover is the only First Lady who ever appeared on the cover of Dowager Quarterly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 8, 2016 6:38 PM

Mamie had a special shade of pink made just for her aptly called "Mamie Pink." Nancy Reagan remembered this darling little detail and had "Nancy Reagan Red" named for her. Both of them were such lovely cunts.

by Anonymousreply 40April 8, 2016 6:40 PM

[quote] To this day, Lou Hoover is the only First Lady who ever appeared on the cover of Dowager Quarterly.

Still one Guinea!

by Anonymousreply 41April 8, 2016 6:42 PM

I never missed reading an issue of DQ.

by Anonymousreply 42April 8, 2016 6:49 PM

The story I read about the tour described Ike noticing Jackie's exhaustion, and ordering Mamie to stop the tour. At least Ike wore the pants in that marriage.

The Mamie thread on this site included a menu from some function she held. One thing on the menu was fairy toast.

by Anonymousreply 43April 8, 2016 6:50 PM

Mamie was lucky she lived in an era when good teeth weren't required. The only thing you needed was "Fire and Ice" red lipstick that came off on your yellowed, separated teeth.

by Anonymousreply 44April 8, 2016 6:59 PM

[quote] One thing on the menu was fairy toast.

I'm going to be toasted?

by Anonymousreply 45April 8, 2016 7:03 PM

Never heard a version where Ike intervened during the tour. The story I always heard was that Jackie suffered through it and that Mamie seemed to delight in making her walk an overly long and unnecessarily detailed tour, and that when it was over, someone (maybe Ike) had heard what happened and confronted Mamie, who, when asked why she didn't offer Mrs. Kennedy the wheelchair, just shrugged and said "She never asked for it." This is a woman recovering from a c-section (probably still a pretty barbaric procedure in 1960) who was under doctor's orders not to be on her feet. She was in visible pain, you can even see it in her tight smile in the photo above.

Mamie was a horrific cunt. I don't care what your politics are or how you feel about Ike or the Kennedys, what Mamie Eisenhower did the Jackie Kennedy is some really sick, twisted cuntery.

by Anonymousreply 46April 8, 2016 7:16 PM

Say what you will, but Mamie's recipe for her "Million-Dollar Fudge," published in magazines in the 1950s, is to DIE for! Seriously. My dad ate too much of it one Christmas and had a heart attack a day or two later.

by Anonymousreply 47April 8, 2016 7:17 PM

r47 OMG I hadn't thought about that fudge in forty years. My mother and every woman on the block made that damn fudge and raved about it.

by Anonymousreply 48April 8, 2016 7:19 PM

Wasn't it made with Hershey's chocolate? I'm sure everyone thought that was the height of sophistication and American ingenuity in 1953, but modern palates are a bit more discerning. I can't imagine it's actually good fudge compared to recipes widely available today that use higher quality chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 49April 8, 2016 7:22 PM

Mamie's fudge recipe was much better than Danny Thomas's.

by Anonymousreply 50April 8, 2016 7:25 PM

Ask and ye shall receive. Just make sure you put your cardiologist's number on speed dial...

Recipe at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 8, 2016 7:27 PM

In Mamie's day, most girls didn't go to college, they got married straight out of high school. Hell, most colleges didn't even accept women, if girls went to college at all it was typically not to a serious academic institution but a teachers' college, where they were trained for one of the few non-menial jobs open to women.

Jackie went to Vassar and did a year at the Sorbonne, which must have sent Mamie into fits of jealousy, after all the nights she'd spent in gin and regret, wishing she'd done something, ANYTHING, other than marry Ike.

by Anonymousreply 52April 8, 2016 7:35 PM

Was Bess Truman nasty to Mamie on her switchover tour in 1953?

by Anonymousreply 53April 8, 2016 7:51 PM

Upper class women of the era often went to a finishing school, which enabled them to dabble in the arts and which were often near larger universities from which to target fraternity men and medical and law students. Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri is one such institution.

by Anonymousreply 54April 8, 2016 7:54 PM

That little gal was never cut out for the White House. Jackie was a lighhtweight. She never had that hard core like me. She never learned to roll with the punches.

And in this business they come left, right and below the belt.

by Anonymousreply 55April 8, 2016 8:04 PM

Mamie must have really loved it when Jackie went on tv and told the nation that basically The White House she moved into - was basically a shabby, dismal, horribly cared for, house. I bet there wasn't enough gin in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania that night.

by Anonymousreply 56April 8, 2016 8:08 PM

[quote]So if Hillary wins, will Michelle have to give Bill the household tour?

This would ROCK!

by Anonymousreply 57April 8, 2016 8:10 PM

For you classic film buffs, here's a still of Helen as the... somewhat glamorized version of Mamie in the largely forgotten I LIKED IKE!

Helen famously refused to cut bangs for the role, insisting "I can fucking act it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 8, 2016 8:18 PM

[quote] Was Bess Truman nasty to Mamie on her switchover tour in 1953?

No. Bess had known Mamie slightly for a few years and really had no opinion on her. Also, Bess was quite happy to be leaving the White House. She had never enjoyed being First Lady Ike and Harry Truman loathed each other, however.

by Anonymousreply 59April 8, 2016 8:19 PM

I LIKE IKE

IN HEAVEN WITH HELEN

by Anonymousreply 60April 8, 2016 8:50 PM

R58, thank you for that Helen appearance.

by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2016 9:27 PM

Jackie had to have a c-section because she had a history of repeated infections of syphilis from Jack on several occasions as well as gonorrhea , the baby stood the risk of becoming infected during the birth due to contact with Jackie's infected blood if any of the bacteria remained in her system , it is quite common practice to insure a safe er birth for the baby. It is also done for mothers who have herpes as well. Repeated infections can also lead to very dangerous forms of cervical , ovarian, and uterine cancer, which Mrs Kennedy died from in May 1994

No wonder she pulled that gun out her purse , put it under Jack's chin and blew his head off, then handed off the gun to Secret Service Agent Hill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 8, 2016 9:27 PM

Mamie created the modern day concepts of adults celebrating their birthday with a birthday party with cake & ice cream, until Mamie's birthday were publicly celebrated in the 1950's only children celebrated birthdays. The media covered all of Mamie's birthdays like a huge national event, which is why there are so many photos of her shoving cake in her pie hole. Mamie hated Nixon so much that one year she ORDERED the VicePresident to play Happy Birthday on the piano on stage and sing to her, which of course he did, much to the delight of Mamie and the shock of everyone else.

There is known footage , but here is a video of Nixon singing it top Duke Ellington

Mamie was a bit of a sadist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 8, 2016 9:42 PM

I love all the stories about what a bitch Mamie Eisenhower was. The old thread was full of them.

by Anonymousreply 64April 8, 2016 9:50 PM

I wonder if Jackie and Hillary ever met face to face? That would have been a fairly icey meetiong If the rumors about what Hillary did to JFK Jr, lucky Jackie died in 1994 and JFK Jr. wasn't added to the Clinton Body Count till 1999.

Still wait till they both meet up again in Hell.

by Anonymousreply 65April 8, 2016 9:52 PM

Yes, Jackie met the Clintons. There are photos.

Jackie died of Non-Hodgkns Lymphoma, or so we were told...

by Anonymousreply 66April 8, 2016 9:57 PM

Hillary wrote in her memoirs that she liked Jackie, and the few times they met were very pleasant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 8, 2016 10:06 PM

And no glass coffee table to clean, R50!

by Anonymousreply 68April 8, 2016 10:32 PM

Mamie's fudge is basically just the recipe on the jar of marshmellow cream.

She didn't wear a wig, she had difficult hair and a high hair line. She was famous for her ugly bangs, as well as her droopy tits.

by Anonymousreply 69April 8, 2016 11:22 PM

Mamie became First Lady at age 56 and left at age 64.

Even women who forego plastic surgery, etc, tend to look better?

by Anonymousreply 70April 8, 2016 11:29 PM

I read somewhere that she farted a lot. Has anyone else heard that?

by Anonymousreply 71April 8, 2016 11:30 PM

I just remember reading she was always tipsy at White House events, at times almost falling down drunk. She blamed it on vertigo problems.

by Anonymousreply 72April 8, 2016 11:32 PM

JB West said Mamie wasn't a drunk, but you could tell he liked Jackie better.

by Anonymousreply 73April 8, 2016 11:38 PM

A cunt she may be R34, but her oatmeal is awesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 8, 2016 11:40 PM

[quote] Mamie's fudge recipe was much better than Danny

I love you, R50.

by Anonymousreply 75April 8, 2016 11:40 PM

[quote]what Hillary did to JFK Jr

Which is what?

by Anonymousreply 76April 8, 2016 11:51 PM

[quote]She was famous for her ugly bangs

There weren't no ugly bangs when she was with me ...

by Anonymousreply 77April 9, 2016 12:29 AM

Mamie was the hostess with the mostest.

Here she and her posse are entertaining Marian Anderson at the White House in 1958.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 9, 2016 12:38 AM

I wonder if we could bring 1952 Mamie to 2016, hook her up with a sports bra, send her to a good hairstylist, and put her in some of, say, Kim Catrall's wardrobe, how she'd so.

by Anonymousreply 79April 9, 2016 12:41 AM

[quote] how she'd so

Ummm, so so.

by Anonymousreply 80April 9, 2016 12:42 AM

"how she'd so" = "how she'd do", but you are right -- so so.

by Anonymousreply 81April 9, 2016 12:46 AM

For decdaes Mamie was the most-frequent customer at the State Store in Gettysburg.

by Anonymousreply 82April 9, 2016 12:49 AM

My great grandmother was related to Jacqueline by marriage. My mother likes to tell the story of watching the 1960 Democratic National Convention on television with her parents and her mother making the off-hand comment -- oh, that's the cousin who went to Vassar. Apparently great-grandmother had made snide comments about Jackie for years.

by Anonymousreply 83April 9, 2016 1:04 AM

[quote]Mamie must have really loved it when Jackie went on tv and told the nation that basically The White House she moved into - was basically a shabby, dismal, horribly cared for, house.

It's no secret that Jackie didn't like Mamie, and this was a subtle way of throwing shade. Jackie was much too well-bred to basically say "Mamie left this house a total shitbox, and I can't fucking stand it."

by Anonymousreply 84April 9, 2016 1:47 AM

Jackie wasn't really that we'll bred if you read the other in depth Jackie threads here. No old money there. All a front and she was more Irish than anything

by Anonymousreply 85April 9, 2016 3:08 AM

Jackie wasn't really that we'll bred if you read the other in depth Jackie threads here. No old money there. All a front and she was more Irish than anything

by Anonymousreply 86April 9, 2016 3:08 AM

Was she S-T-A-U-N-C-H, R86?

by Anonymousreply 87April 9, 2016 3:09 AM

Animals are bred, R86. Not people.

by Anonymousreply 88April 9, 2016 2:07 PM

I wish this was sound footage instead of a photograph.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 9, 2016 2:24 PM

Was Mamie a transwoman?

by Anonymousreply 90April 9, 2016 2:29 PM

She's saying, "We're gonna be Scissor Sisters!" r89

by Anonymousreply 91April 9, 2016 3:00 PM

One of Mamie's BFF's and confidante was famed UPS toad-like reporter Helen Thomas, in a friendship that spanned decades and was all too close according to some wags.

"See the one over there Helen? A total slut, munches rug like she lived off nothing but hardwood all her life"

"Oh Mamie , you're terrible, tell me more!"

"Over that chubby looking one? Miss Pierce, ? She just married some social climbing sociopathic Yale man up north, a Mr Shrub, Hedge , some no-name like that. Well anyways her real father wasn't Mr Pierce at all, her mother was in Europe with that occultist Aleister Crowley , you know that English Satanist , well she id HIS spawn, the devil own daughter in debutante form! You keep your eye on that one.....she's pure EVIL, mark my words, Helen"

"Oh Mamie, the things you say....."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 9, 2016 3:39 PM

'Helen, hurry for christsakes Ike'll be here any minute'

'I'm trying Mamie , but this coral pink lipstick just won't budge'

'Never mind, just do up my bra and we'll say a flamingo shat on me, Ike knows I love pink'

'Oh Mamie, I know you love the pink too'

'Helen, don;t ya get my juices going now , there's no time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 9, 2016 3:46 PM

One wonders if Jackie was ever able to truly forgive Mamie about that wheelchair incident?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 9, 2016 4:19 PM

[quote]UPS toad-like reporter Helen Thomas

Spoken like a real Jew cackling over her grave.

We won't forget.

by Anonymousreply 95April 9, 2016 4:20 PM

Mamie single handedly defended the White House from the zombie attack when a zombified Harry & Bessie Truman lead their army of the undead in 1957

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 9, 2016 4:42 PM

R95, pardon me, but WTF are you on about?

by Anonymousreply 97April 9, 2016 4:45 PM

Rare photo of Mamie publicly humiliating Nixon at her birthday party, is that Joan Crawford behind her? I wonder if they took turns slapping Nixon around afterwards?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 9, 2016 4:51 PM

Looks like Ethel Merman, Red Skelton and Lawrence Welk. Mamie is loving it, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 99April 9, 2016 4:53 PM

The ritual handing-off of the White House from one First Lady to another is just ripe for world-class cunting. I wish Ken Burns would make a documentary about it.

I'd hate to have Ted Cruz as president, but if (God forbid) it happened, wouldn't you want to be a fly on the wall as Michelle gave Heidi the White House tour?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 9, 2016 5:02 PM

DId Laura Stepford Bush walk Michelle Obama through the White House too?

by Anonymousreply 101April 9, 2016 5:27 PM

She certainly did, R101.

by Anonymousreply 102April 9, 2016 5:31 PM

Yes r101, but it was pretty low key and quiet -- no Mamie theatrics or cuntrungers

by Anonymousreply 103April 9, 2016 5:31 PM

[quote]Mamie had a special shade of pink made just for her aptly called "Mamie Pink.

What? I took an existing color and the world named it for me. Now THAT is hardcore. Like me.

by Anonymousreply 104April 9, 2016 5:39 PM

Are there really that many people here over 70? I don't understand why Mamie Eisenhower's time in the WH (1953-1961) could be an interesting topic to anyone under 70. And, if you are over 70, how on earth do you remember what happened when you were a kid? I don't remember anything Regan did because I was 5 years old.

I am not throwing shade on the elder queens, but these threads confuse me. Nobody ever answers when I ask, anyway. But I'll try one more time.

by Anonymousreply 105April 9, 2016 5:39 PM

[quote] I don't remember anything Regan did because I was 5 years old.

Apparently you don't remember how to spell "Reagan" either.

by Anonymousreply 106April 9, 2016 5:58 PM

[quote]DId Laura Stepford Bush walk Michelle Obama through the White House too?

Yes she did. And all the valuables were locked in the safe the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 107April 9, 2016 6:00 PM

[quote]I don't remember anything Regan did because I was 5 years old.

What about Goneril? Do you remember what she did?

by Anonymousreply 108April 9, 2016 6:16 PM

Fiction is different. I've just never seen quite an obsession with old shit like I have on this site. It is curious to me, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 109April 9, 2016 6:21 PM

R88, whatever you say..

by Anonymousreply 110April 9, 2016 6:25 PM

[quote]I am not throwing shade on the elder queens, but these threads confuse me. Nobody ever answers when I ask, anyway. But I'll try one more time.

Gay men are famous for loving antiques. Many of us like history and by-gone culture, perhaps in part because we were raised to view ourselves as not really belonging to the society we lived in. Gay people were much more ostracized in the 20th century than they are today. People under forty have no idea how much more repressive society was against gay people just a short time ago. Mamie Eisenhower is before my time too, but she is far more interesting to me than most modern celebs.

by Anonymousreply 111April 9, 2016 6:52 PM

Yeah, i agree...that's probably why I watched that whole Jackie O tour of the white house that was posted here (I'm 36). It was kind of mesmerizing.... "and now...this is the treaty room...what we're hoping to do...in the treaty room...is to put copies of alllll the treaties up all along these walls - you see these walls here? yes, we'll put treaties here and there....yes, it'll be lovely"

by Anonymousreply 112April 9, 2016 7:03 PM

[quote]I'd hate to have Ted Cruz as president, but if (God forbid) it happened, wouldn't you want to be a fly on the wall as Michelle gave Heidi the White House tour?

It would be worth it to see the pan of bubbling hot grease in the kitchen awaiting Heidi's face.

by Anonymousreply 113April 9, 2016 7:19 PM

[quote]Animals are bred, [R86]. Not people. You're so cute, R88.

by Anonymousreply 114April 9, 2016 7:25 PM

Nonsense, R52. Lots of girls went to college, although many fewer than go now or in the last few decades. In the 30's, for example, there were more women than men with Ph.D.s in math. But Ike wasn't born a general, so Mamie married him at some lower level and kept the home fires burning while he rose through the ranks.

by Anonymousreply 115April 9, 2016 8:31 PM

For years there were rumors of her prodigious farting spells. Even Jackie noted the wallpaper in parts of the White House turned brown and started peeling from Mamie. Once during a state function, a young marine was in the direct line of her fart and passed out cold. He was rushed to Walter Reed and survived with only slight lung damage. Imagine what would have happened if Khrushchev was there? The world could have suffered a near apocalypse due to her anal gas.

by Anonymousreply 116April 9, 2016 8:56 PM

[quote]Once during a state function, a young marine was in the direct line of her fart and passed out cold.

What was he doing? Getting ready to rim her?

by Anonymousreply 117April 9, 2016 9:01 PM

r108 Goneril contracted the first dose of the clap, that's why they named it after her. Regan, and all that vomiting? Please!

by Anonymousreply 118April 9, 2016 9:05 PM

Christ, what Stepford mother's didn't do this in the 50s!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 9, 2016 9:34 PM

Scotch recommends removing the child's head completely from it's body to prevent squirming during her haircut to insure perfectly straight Mamie bangs

by Anonymousreply 120April 9, 2016 10:00 PM

Mamie married Ike in 1916, she was 19 years old, and had recently graduated from "finishing school".

Education for women took a great leap forward in the 1920s, when women began to attend genuine academic universities, not just finishing schools or teacher's colleges. Too late for Mamie, by then she was an army wife with two kiddies.

by Anonymousreply 121April 9, 2016 10:02 PM

I think Mamie had one of the ugliest hairstyles ever. God, it was just atrocious.

She was just the epitome of a frau frump. If you look at pictures of Mamie, it's easy to understand why Jacqueline Kennedy caused such a sensation among the American public. After all those years of dowdy, hatchet-faced Mamie, here was this young, attractive and stylish woman. You can see why the public loved Jackie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 9, 2016 10:09 PM

Mamie liked fudge and fairy toast

Jackie liked Cavafy and Andre Malraux

by Anonymousreply 123April 9, 2016 10:25 PM

[quote]these threads confuse me.

From the sound of you, I'm sure a lot of things confuse you.

History interests some people. This is not unusual among people of intelligence or those who are educated.

Why do you think this confuses you?

by Anonymousreply 124April 9, 2016 10:32 PM

R106, there are people in the world who are interested in history, straight and gay. We like to know about people, customs, art and politics from both the recent and long past. For me, it gives me a sense of community, a sense of being a part of human culture greater than myself. I have no religion, but, I have history to connect me to the world, to humans and to the universe. It's helpful to understand what has passed whether 60 or 6000 years ago. Humans repeat the same mistakes they've always made. Maybe by understanding those mistakes, we stand a chance of learning, developing, improving...beyond making phones more portable. I've never understood myopic people who aren't interested in knowing about the past. How can you intelligently navigate the present and future? Are those with no interest in anything from before their birth so arrogant and self-congratulatory as to believe nothing prior to their existence mattered?

by Anonymousreply 125April 9, 2016 10:41 PM

Jackie was a greedy elitist snob. She was a self-serving, mercenary gold-digger. I don't know why so many folks from older generations put her up on a pedestal. The shine of Camelot has faded and the Kennedys have been exposed by more than one person for not living up to the myth that they created with the help of the media. That includes Jackie and that horrible, ugly sister of hers.

by Anonymousreply 126April 9, 2016 10:44 PM

[quote]The shine of Camelot has faded and the Kennedys have been exposed by more than one person for not living up to the myth that they created with the help of the media.

And they were still a helluva lot better than any Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 127April 9, 2016 10:46 PM

Bob Colacello, a confidant of Nancy Reagan, noted that of the First Ladies in attendance at her funeral, Michelle, Laura, Hillary and Rosalynn, Nancy liked only one of them. I think it was either Michelle or Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 128April 9, 2016 10:47 PM

My wind smelt like Chanel No 5.

by Anonymousreply 129April 9, 2016 10:48 PM

Jackie was an upper-class woman of her time and generation. She was going to marry rich men and be a socialite. I think she did a damn good job of living her life, given the circumstances she went through.

by Anonymousreply 130April 9, 2016 10:54 PM

Caroline Kennedy allowed the release of Schlesinger's Conversations with Jackie. Which was odd because Jackie came off like a gossipy, dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 131April 9, 2016 10:58 PM

Perhaps Carolyn harbors some well-concealed aggression towards her mother.

by Anonymousreply 132April 9, 2016 11:00 PM

Caroline was afraid too much silence would result in Jackie being forgotten

by Anonymousreply 133April 9, 2016 11:06 PM

Mamie was a cream puff...I pissed on her coffin and lit one of my farts over her rotting corpse for good measure...just like I did to that emaciated stick Nancy Reagan...nobody, I mean, NOBODY crosses Barbara Pierce Bush...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 9, 2016 11:08 PM

[quote]Who would be intimidated by the grand motherly Mamie???

Well, you were around then so why don't you tell us?

by Anonymousreply 135April 9, 2016 11:15 PM

[quote]Scotch recommends removing the child's head completely from it's body to prevent squirming during her haircut to insure perfectly straight Mamie bangs

Of course, many boys used this techniques on their sisters' Barbies.

by Anonymousreply 136April 9, 2016 11:42 PM

Jackie was an elitist, but Mamie was the kind of snob who drank martinis all day, wanted skirts and the drapes and claimed authorship of a fudge recipe that came from the marshmallow fudge jar. I think Jackie was classier.

by Anonymousreply 137April 9, 2016 11:43 PM

[quote]nobody, I mean, NOBODY crosses Barbara Pierce Bush...

Yes Bar, we all know how you react to crosses, something you must have inherited from your biological father, no doubt.

Have fun down there in First Ladies Hell with Mary Todd Lincoln and Florence Harding, dear

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 10, 2016 12:26 AM

Mamie adored Fairy Bread and served it all the time at the White House, even at official functions. Fairy Bread is buttered white bread with toppings such as sprinkles, honey, chocolate chips, etc. or combinations thereof. If the bread is toasted, it's called Fairy Toast. I suppose she reserved that for State Dinners.

And that bangs with sidepieces hairdo was created especially for her at Elizabeth Arden's New York salon. It became the rage with ladies of a certain age and social background in the 1950s. My grandmother had it when I was a little boy.

by Anonymousreply 139April 10, 2016 1:42 AM

Fairy Bread sounds like white trash food. Can't believe that she served this to foreign dignataries.

by Anonymousreply 140April 10, 2016 2:09 AM

The Roosevelts (FDR, not Teddy) served weenies to the King and Queen of England.

by Anonymousreply 141April 10, 2016 2:37 AM

[quote]Fairy Bread sounds like white trash food. Can't believe that she served this to foreign dignitaries.

In the old thread, somebody posted Mamie's White House State Dinner menu, and fairy toast was on it. The entire menu looked like a church potluck in some flyover hell, totally embarrassing for that food to be served at the White House. As I wrote above, it's easy to see why Jackie Kennedy was so exciting to the public after Frau Mamie.

by Anonymousreply 142April 10, 2016 2:40 AM

[quote]The Roosevelts (FDR, not Teddy) served weenies to the King and Queen of England.

Correct, R141, served outdoors at luncheon and intended expressly to introduce the Royals to typical American fare. As such, it was entirely appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 143April 10, 2016 7:05 AM

[quote]I've just never seen quite an obsession with old shit like I have on this site.

You must be terrified of historians, my dear.

And if you were 5 years old when Reagan was in office, you are in your mid-30s, minimum, and way too old be acting like a delicate little Millennial flower.

by Anonymousreply 144April 10, 2016 10:19 AM

Nancy may have softened to Hillary since Ron Jr. and Patti are both Dem leaning. I doubt she would have cared for Michelle, she would have probably wondered what she was doing out of the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 145April 10, 2016 10:37 AM

R137: should be "skirts on the drapes" not "skirts and the drapes". This seemed even more Victorian than putting skirts on piano legs.

by Anonymousreply 146April 10, 2016 1:15 PM

Mamie was a general's wife -- being a bitch was incidental

by Anonymousreply 147April 11, 2016 12:24 AM

Two friends of mine are former military (army) and they've both told me that general's wives are the biggest bitches on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 148April 11, 2016 2:14 AM

Mamie's BFF was the actress Rosalind Russell, whom she met when they were supporting Ike during his presidential bid. Roz & Mamie both disliked flying so Mamie would accompany Roz on cross country train rides in a private Pullman car where they would drink cocktails , smoke lots of cigarettes and seduce the fine virile African American porters of the Pullman Company all the way to Los Angeles.

Mrs. Eisenhower was not only given her own personalized director’s chair, but a chance to try her hand at cinematography. Mamie actually lined up a shot on a Technirama camera for a scene in the film Gypsy (1962) , in which Roz was starring. Mamie was a pro within minutes, guided by camera operator Harry Stradling Jr. and his father, the cinematographer. No word whether she got union pay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 11, 2016 7:13 AM

[quote] This is a woman recovering from a c-section (probably still a pretty barbaric procedure in 1960) who was under doctor's orders not to be on her feet. She was in visible pain, you can even see it in her tight smile in the photo above.

GOOD!

by Anonymousreply 150April 11, 2016 7:24 AM

[quote] Caroline Kennedy allowed the release of Schlesinger's Conversations with Jackie. Which was odd because Jackie came off like a gossipy, dumb bitch.

"Came off"? Honey, that's what she was. A vain, shallow, status-obsessed, materialistic, gossipy, dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 151April 11, 2016 7:29 AM

[quote]t's easy to see why Jackie Kennedy was so exciting to the public after Frau Mamie.

I don't recall Jackie doing anything truly significant outside of redecorating, being an elegant hostess, and take wild extravagant trips overseas. Did she ever say a word about segregation or the equal rights movement?

Mamoie took a very public stand on segregation a decade before it became politically fashionable to do so, especially in DC and especially as First Lady. Despite the inaccurate depiction of her as an inactive First Lady, Mamie took stands on a number of contentious public issues . Her moral conviction on civil rights, for example, derived less from a political agenda and more from the humanitarian context she saw it in.

As the last semi-official event of Dwight Eisenhower’s January 1953 Inauguration, Roz Russell's husband, Freddie Brisson had managed to arrange the world premier of his wife’s latest film Never Wave at a WAC (1953). The new First Lady had agreed to headline the event but the day before she discovered it was to be screened at the RKO Keith Theater in Washington which still enforced racial segregation. A consistent supporter of racial integration with President Eisenhower, she cancelled her appearance there. The symbolic act made headlines both in the political media of Washington and the entertainment industry trade publications of Hollywood, a lead item for famous gossip columnist Louella Parsons. It was all part of a larger Eisenhower strategy to shame District of Columbia schools, theaters and restaurants into relinquishing racial segregation, rather then call on Congress to legislate it.

Mamie didn’t let her old pal Roz down, however. In fact, she went one better than just appear at a movie premier – she hosted one in the White House, the first film shown in the new Administration and apparently the first Hollywood film premier hosted at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

That was quote the stand for Mamie to take on the issue, considering the DC was heavily segregated in that era , and there was very little interest in changing the status quo in the bigoted atmosphere pf the capitol. Quite the change from the last White House occupants, considering Harry Truman was a member of the KKK & Bessie was terrified of going out in DC, and despised live there "because of all the darkies"

So did Mrs Kennedy do anything beside spend money and act like she was Marie Antoinette??

by Anonymousreply 152April 11, 2016 7:35 AM

[quote]Caroline Kennedy allowed the release of Schlesinger's Conversations with Jackie.

"Allowed?" She demanded a shitload of money and finally got it for releasing those tapes, she is as big a money grubber as her mother, how ironic that those tapes showed the world what a vacuous snot she was in real life.

I wonder how much Caroline paid to be named Ambassador to Japan? Hope she got a good deal because she sure as hell got a hefty dose of radiation while she was in post-Fukashima Japan.

by Anonymousreply 153April 11, 2016 7:44 AM

Rosalyn was a cunt. The idea that people wouldn't vote her piece of shit husband out of office ic crazy. The Clintons and the Obamas both hate the Carters.

by Anonymousreply 154April 11, 2016 8:24 AM

I've read in more than one place that Babs adores Bill Clinton so I would imagine that she and Hillary are probably on pretty good terms, as well. Funny that she's probably on better terms with Hill than she ever was with Nancy or her own daughter-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 155April 11, 2016 8:40 AM

Millennials don't give a shit about anything that hasn't occurred in their lifetime. If it doesn't relate to them, they have zero interest.

If you want the poo on Mamie (and Eleanor and Bess and Jackie and Lady Bird and Pat...and their husbands, kids, etc) check out J. B. West's book, "Upstairs at the White House" about his years working their as Chief Usher. JUICY...including the real story about Jackie and Mamie and that damn wheelchair.

Oh, and J.B. West was allegedly a big closeted 'mo...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 11, 2016 8:45 AM

Lena Dunham can play Mamie in a movie

by Anonymousreply 157April 11, 2016 9:42 AM

Yes but I;m afraid Mamie never performed analingus on some guy she just met at a bar in front of her girlfriends, so I doubt Lena would find a "Mamie bio-pic much to her licking.

by Anonymousreply 158April 11, 2016 10:45 AM

I wouldn't be so sure about that, R158,

by Anonymousreply 159April 11, 2016 10:49 AM

[quote] but Mamie was the kind of snob who drank martinis all day, wanted skirts on the drapes

According to the J.B. West book, they were to be referred to as 'draperies'. Mrs E went nuts when she heard one of the maids say the word 'drapes'. Mamie forbid slang. When J.B. answered the phone "Usher's office, West speaking'" she reprimanded him, instructing him to answer the phone "Usher's office, MISTER West speaking."

by Anonymousreply 160April 11, 2016 11:23 AM

JBKO invited American artists and writers to the White House and treated them as an important part of American life, something not done while Mamie was ordering the servants to bring more fairy bread.

Whatever JBKO's feelings about the issues and politics of the early 60s, she would have never been invited to air them in any public way -- not barred by the evil opposition, but by her own husband.

by Anonymousreply 161April 11, 2016 12:42 PM

R160 Then, MISTER West responded with....Fuck you, BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 162April 11, 2016 1:03 PM

R161, Mamie who was a generational older and a decade earlier in the civil rights movement actually took a stand against segregatrion while Jackie nothing said a word in support? Ike was democrat, so the Kennedy s had no excuse, except they were both elitist snobs, and Jackie said some pretty bigoted things in those tapes who daughter sold off to the highest bidder.

by Anonymousreply 163April 11, 2016 1:52 PM

Jackie had nothing but scorn for Martin Luther King, called him a "phony" and hated Indira Gahndi, calling her a "prune"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164April 11, 2016 2:00 PM

R163, Ike was not a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 165April 11, 2016 2:04 PM

Every other word from Jackie was four letters. Trenchiest mouth of all the first ladies by far.

by Anonymousreply 166April 11, 2016 2:50 PM

[quote] Jackie had nothing but scorn for Martin Luther King, called him a "phony" and hated Indira Gahndi, calling her a "prune"

She was a woman who knew how to hate.

by Anonymousreply 167April 11, 2016 2:55 PM

"It's always, "pass the fucking partridge' with that lot, iznt it?" -- Educating Rita

by Anonymousreply 168April 11, 2016 2:56 PM

President and Mrs. Eisenhower’s Dinner Menu in Honor of King Paul and Queen Frederika of Greece, October 28, 1955

Shrimp Cocktail

Cocktail Sauce Saltine Crackers

Sherry

Clear Consommé

Sliced Lemon

Celery Hearts Assorted Olives

Fairy Toast

White Fish in Cheese Sauce

Coleslaw

Boston Brown Bread Sandwiches

White Wine

Crown Roast of Lamb

Stuffed With Spanish Rice

Mint Jelly

French Peas Braised Celery

Bread Sticks

Orange and Roquefort Cheese Salad Bowl

French Dressing

Toasted Triscuits

Champagne

Caramel Cream Mold

Burnt Caramel Sauce

Lemon Iced Diamond Shaped Cookies

Nuts Candies Demitasse

Mrs. Ike, as President Eisenhower affectionately called his wife, was a girlie girl. She loved hair curls and bangs, the color pink, sparkles, tulle, flowered hats, long gloves, flounced skirts, and—at fifty-six—she had no problem wearing sleeveless gowns that bared her less-than-firm upper arms. 1950’s America adored her because she was open, unpretentious, and genuinely loved people. Seeing themselves in her, many women viewed her as a kindred spirit, a wife dedicated to home and family. But she was far from the typical housewife. The White House staff nicknamed her “Sleeping Beauty” because she was known to lie in bed for long hours in her favorite pink negligee. The truth was she suffered from asthma and heart palpitation and needed to rest. And Mamie Eisenhower was not fond of cooking; her husband was the culinary expert in the family. Nevertheless, it was Mrs. Eisenhower, having successfully managed thirty households in her thirty-seven years as a military wife, who approved the menus for events large and small, including her husband’s many stag dinners. Her food choices reflected both the times and her Iowa upbringing.

President and Mrs. John Kennedy’s Menu

for a Luncheon with Princess Grace, May 24, 1961

Soft-Shell Crab Amadine

Puligny-Montrachet 1958

Spring Lamb Á La Broche Aux Primeurs

Château Croton Grancey 1955

Salade Mimosa

Dom Pérignon 1952

Strawberies Romanoff

Petits Fours Secs

Demi-tasse

Joining President and Mrs. Kennedy and the Prince and Princess of Monaco for lunch were Senator and Mrs. Claiborne Pell, Mr. and Mrs. Franklin Delano Roosevelt Jr. (the third of Mr. Roosevelt’s five wives), movie producer and director Fred Coe and his wife, and Mr. William Walton, a journalist, painter, and close friend of the president. Princess Grace, the actress Grace Kelly before her marriage, wore a fringed green jacket over a matching sheath dress, white gloves, and an unusual white turban from which exploded a froth of curled feathers or ribbons. The hat was definitely a fashion faux pas. Mrs. Kennedy’s social secretary, Letitia Baldrige, in her conversations with the President the week before the luncheon, had jokingly referred to Prince Rainier of Monaco numerous times as Prince Reindeer. At one point during lunch the president turned to respond to Prince Rainer and out slipped “Prince Reindeer.” For a few days after the luncheon, Miss Baldrige was not one of the president’s favorite people. But four years later, in an interview, Princess Grace was able to recall every detail of the lunch including all the dishes she had eaten. By that measure, the lunch was a huge success.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 11, 2016 4:34 PM

Another legendary White House tour gone bad between two First Ladies who despised each other took place in February of 1921, when the second Mrs. Wilson, an elegant and gracious woman was showing the mansion to its new mistress, Florence Harding, a brash and spiteful frump from Ohio. Midway through the tour, Mrs. Harding said something awful to Mrs. Wilson that caused her to turn beet red with fury. Mrs. Wilson rang the bell for the housekeeper and instructed her to continue showing Mrs. Harding the mansion. With that, Edith Wilson disappeared into the privacy of her own rooms. She never spoke to Florence Harding again.

No one knows what the outspoken Mrs. Harding said that upset the gentle Mrs. Wilson so badly. Presumably it had something to do with the unusual and "unnatural" state of affairs caused by President Wilson's stroke. Accurate rumors had it that Mrs. Wilson had been the de facto President for the past eighteen months. Harding's winning campaign slogan (thought up by his wife), The Return to Normalcy, had been a sideways jab at the Petticoat Presidency of Edith Wilson. Ironically, Mrs. Harding was the far more domineering woman, one who had always taken a firm hand in dictating policy to her husband.

by Anonymousreply 170April 11, 2016 5:55 PM

When I was a young kid, and this was after Ike deceased, and she was traveling; Mamie Eisenhower was pointed out to me in the grocery store. She was buying frozen dinners (then called TV dinners). She looked like a very ordinary older woman shopping.

by Anonymousreply 171April 11, 2016 6:27 PM

I read an article about Jackie in her latter years just a few before she died, and how was just fascinated by Stouffers Frozen Entrees and how wonderfully delicious they were , and how you cooked them in 6 minutes in a microwave. I guess fancy dining tastes get put aside when the country isn't paying for soft shell crab amandine and crates of Dom Perignon, eh Mrs Kennedy-Onassis?

by Anonymousreply 172April 11, 2016 7:26 PM

R170 ....gentle Mrs Wilson? LMFAO

by Anonymousreply 173April 11, 2016 7:43 PM

[quote]Mamie was a pro within minutes, guided by camera operator Harry Stradling Jr. and his father, the cinematographer.

The only thing my Mamie was straddling was my 10-inch chocolate Love Missile.

by Anonymousreply 174April 11, 2016 9:35 PM

Anally

by Anonymousreply 175April 11, 2016 10:00 PM

Mamie opposed segregation? I did not know that.

by Anonymousreply 176April 11, 2016 11:02 PM

Yes Johnny. Mamie Dowd Eisenhower was for full desegregation and large black penises.

by Anonymousreply 177April 12, 2016 12:42 AM

Yeah, but Jackie bought Stouffers, not Banquet or Swansons. And Stouffer built luxury hotels.

by Anonymousreply 178April 12, 2016 2:48 AM

Oh come now. Mamie was no bitch. You can tell from her photos she was a cute little spitfire.

by Anonymousreply 179April 12, 2016 2:52 AM

[quote]Yeah, but Jackie bought Stouffers, not Banquet or Swansons. And Stouffer built luxury hotels.

Hey! There's a yummy Friday Special at Stouffer's. It's a dollar-ninety vegetable plate, and at the bottom of the - not bad! - service for two: three, fifty-eight ... to make a bargain, make a date....

by Anonymousreply 180April 12, 2016 3:59 AM

It's so odd that DL likes to paint Mamie as this hated despot when in reality, she was very much a beloved First Lady while in the WH and after...sort of a delightfully fun but slightly tart auntie.

I've always thought Jackie was the dumb twat for not insisting they take it slower or even use the damn wheelchair. Or, reschedule the tour until she felt stronger.

by Anonymousreply 181April 12, 2016 9:42 AM

I always assumed "spitfire" meant a sassy broad who's the life of the party. I guess I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 182April 12, 2016 11:43 AM

Mamie's Red Scare Thanksgiving Jell-o Dessert. The recipe is in the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 12, 2016 1:26 PM

I love you, R180

by Anonymousreply 184April 12, 2016 2:17 PM

[quote] I've always thought Jackie was the dumb twat for not insisting they take it slower or even use the damn wheelchair. Or, reschedule the tour until she felt stronger.

Jacqueline Kennedy was only 31 when she became first lady. Despite her finishing school training, she admitted she was intimidated by Mrs Eisenhower. Her husband had won the presidency by a razor-thin margin, and was very much aware that he and his young wife were thought to be rich socialites by a large percentage of the population. Had Mrs Kennedy postponed the tour, it would've looked like a snub to Mrs Eisenhower.

Clint Hills' book, MRS KENNEDY AND ME, is a fascinating read. JBK hated politicking and was forever canceling events and running off to Europe, or going riding in Virginia. She adored her children but hated them being used as publicity pawns. JFK, on the other hand, knew how popular the kids were and would take every opportunity, especially when JBK was out of town, to have them photographed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 12, 2016 2:28 PM

I cannot understand why she went braless in the era of Rosiland Russell bullet bras and foundation garments literally made of steel. It looks terrible for a woman of any age to have tits hanging down to her waist, but particularly in an older woman who's nursed two children. WTF was she thinking, especially when posing for a portrait?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 12, 2016 2:40 PM

r186 Mamie liked soft things against her fragile skin, so the thought of a tight, binding, and lifting brassiere probably brought the poor thing to tears.

by Anonymousreply 187April 12, 2016 2:49 PM

R186 = the OTHER Mamie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188April 12, 2016 2:51 PM

I'm surprised some photoshop whiz hasn't shown us what Mamie would have looked like with less-ridiculous hair and makeup.

by Anonymousreply 189April 12, 2016 2:52 PM

r189 Even Photoshop has its limits.

by Anonymousreply 190April 12, 2016 2:53 PM

[quote] Mamie Dowd Eisenhower

It's DOUD, you stupid whore!

by Anonymousreply 191April 12, 2016 3:41 PM

Mamie's floppy titties were a delight to Ike, who had a fetish for motorboarding.

by Anonymousreply 192April 12, 2016 3:44 PM

[quote]who had a fetish for motorboarding.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 193April 12, 2016 5:37 PM

r192 No, Ike liked Kay Summersby's titties. Mamie was his beard.

by Anonymousreply 194April 12, 2016 5:43 PM

[quote]Mamie was his beard.

Mamie didn't have enough hair to be anyone's beard. At best, she was Ike's thin, frou-frou bangs.

by Anonymousreply 195April 12, 2016 6:09 PM

Kay loved Ike her whole life. Kinda sad story. Too bad he didn't have the guts to dump Mamie.

by Anonymousreply 196April 12, 2016 6:22 PM

Being a five star general meant being a man of honor, and men of honor didn't dump their wives for their mistresses back then. Ike could not have been elected if he had dumped Mamie.

by Anonymousreply 197April 12, 2016 6:25 PM

I don't think that love affair ended after the war. The affair continued - at least through his White House days. He wasn't reckless with it though. Middleburg VA - Rex Fox Inn. Rendezvous site for several Presidents.

by Anonymousreply 198April 12, 2016 6:32 PM

Here's another still from "I LIKED IKE!" (1964) featuring an improbably glamorous Helen Lawson as Mamie and a cameo from Miss Rosalind Russell as "Rosalind Russell, the First Friend!" Roz's discomfort with Helen, her old nemesis, is evident even through her smile.

Roz found the entire script and Helen's hand-chosen wardrobe laughable but agreed to do it as a fond tribute to Mamie, her lifelong chum.

Don't forget that Helen Lawson is our star of the month for April here on TCM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 12, 2016 6:46 PM

And here's a backstage shot of Helen and her lovely co-star Barbara Parkins (as Jackie Kennedy) running lines for the infamous "White House tour" scene from "I LIKED IKE!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 12, 2016 6:51 PM

"Sit down, you're making me nervous," r200!

by Anonymousreply 201April 12, 2016 7:42 PM

Ike would have risked his career by dumping Mamie after a certain . Depending on where you are in the service, promotions become very political at a certain point and if your wife couldn't give the impression of being a helpmate to your career, you were finished. And Mamie would have had to fend for herself--no free officer's housing and cheap PX shopping. She'd have to pay tax on her booze (unlike the PX) and she might have to work for a living. I'm sure they had an understanding, even if it was unspoken.

Jackie clearly had some sort of understanding with JFK, but with rather different terms and a bit more glamour.

by Anonymousreply 202April 12, 2016 11:00 PM

[quote]Don't forget that Helen Lawson is our star of the month for April here on TCM.

Helen Lawson is a star for all ages--not just one goddamned month! And don't you forget it!

by Anonymousreply 203April 12, 2016 11:19 PM

Speculating on what sort of first lady Mamie Eisenhower would be, a 1952 Life magazine article decided that Mrs. Eisenhower would have “the highly commendable dignity of Bess Truman, with a touch of Ethel Merman on the side.” Intended or not, the description aptly captured the woman who cared about appearances and doing things “properly,” but was also fun loving with a gift for putting people at their ease. Mrs. Eisenhower could “charm the socks off anybody she met,” observed a White House usher.

Mamie’s contemporaries painted a picture of a woman that was vivacious, charming, the darling of the fashion industry, and completely in charge of her White House responsibilities. “She knew what she wanted, every moment, and exactly how it should be done,” noted one observer. The first lady cared about the details, whether they involved dinner menus, flower arrangements, or the protocol for greeting dignitaries to the White House.

Yet, these images of Mrs. Eisenhower bear little resemblance to the general attitude among more recent writers and historians that dismiss her as an aged grandmother who was as either too ill or socially inept to offer anything positive in her role as first lady. While a reappraisal of Ike’s presidency has seen an increased appreciation for the president and his policies, Mamie has not shared in the upswing. It has been common to suggest, for example, that while Mrs. Eisenhower was more engaged than her immediate predecessor Bess Truman, she was not as involved or stylish as her immediate successor Jacqueline Kennedy. Certainly, Mrs. Kennedy holds a phenomenal place in American memory and culture, but it seems to me that there is more to the question of why Mamie has been discounted or inaccurately portrayed than any debate about who was more glamorous or sophisticated.

Social attitudes of a time period change our perceptions of a first lady and what her role should include. While Mamie Eisenhower was a perfect fit for the 1950s, she did not translate well in the latter part of the twentieth century when the new women’s movement had its impact on social thinking and behavior. The movement that emerged in the late 1960s stressed total equality at home and in the workplace, and when the movement looked for a first lady as inspiration, the independent, out-spoken Eleanor Roosevelt was a good role model. (It was not by chance that first lady Hillary Clinton, who came of age during the late Sixties, identified with Eleanor.) In the context of the women’s movement, the 1950s was a wasteland of domesticity, and Mamie Eisenhower, who proudly and repeatedly described herself as a homemaker, was dismissed as just another example of the social pressures exerted on women to stay at home. -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 13, 2016 3:07 AM

She did not seek a public forum, saying that the country had elected her husband, not her. She reserved her opinions for family and close friends, and in terms of taking a position, she used the same hidden-hand approach now credited to President Eisenhower’s style of handling situations. When, for instance, Mamie reinstated the White House Easter Egg Roll in 1953 (it was discontinued during World War II), the event was integrated without fanfare. During the early days of the Eisenhower Administration, the president and his staff immediately began to address integration of restaurants, theaters, and schools in Washington, D.C. The Easter Egg Roll conveyed the same policy. When asked, at her one and only press conference held in March 1953, her plans for the Easter Egg Roll, Mamie did not take the opportunity to talk about integration. Rather, she sidestepped the issue, eliciting a laugh from reporters with her simple answer: “Well, as I understand it, the children take care of that pretty much themselves.” Another instance of the first lady’s hidden-hand approach came when she invited Lucille Ball to the White House not long after the actress was accused of being a communist and called before Senator McCarthy’s hearings on un-American activities. Subtlety, rather than confrontation, was Mamie’s mode of operation. She was not an activist in the style of first ladies Lou Hoover or Eleanor Roosevelt. She was not a Rosalyn Carter or Hillary Clinton sitting in on cabinet meetings or formulating domestic policy. Yet, she acted in partnership with Ike quietly, even gingerly, confronting contentious matters. -

by Anonymousreply 205April 13, 2016 3:14 AM

[quote]ackie clearly had some sort of understanding with JFK, but with rather different terms and a bit more glamour.

and quite a few doses of the clap.

No wonder Mamie din't want Jackie to sit her filthy vd ridden snatch on the White House Wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 206April 13, 2016 3:32 AM

The legendary "aristocratic allure " of Jacqueline Bouvier was a paper thin veneer, one only need look at her aunt and cousin the Beales and the squalor and mental illness they lived in at Grey Gardens, to see what happens when there is no longer a wealthy man to finance the illusion .

by Anonymousreply 207April 13, 2016 4:04 AM

Jackie's other relatives didn't have any money either, but they went out and got jobs and never descended into squalor.

by Anonymousreply 208April 13, 2016 4:15 AM

I don't remember this new Hagiography of Mamie Eisenhower in any of our earlier threads on the topiic. Have we witnessed the emergence of a new troll? The Saint Mamie Eisenhower Memorial Datalounge Troll? Someone is working overtime to make Mamie look good and make Jackie look bad. Is it still 1960 in some queen's mind?

From whence did this come? Election freeper infestation? What is going on? Six months ago we filled two threads discussing her saggy tits and her craptacular taste, now we get 20 replies about how Mamie solved civil rights by hosting a movie premiere while good-for-nothing Jackie just redecorated and whined about some wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 209April 13, 2016 4:39 AM

Mamie Eisenhower led, for the most part, an isolated life in drab housing at never-ending stream of obscure military outposts, all while her husband traveled extensively and enjoyed the benefits accorded to a successful military officer and a war hero.

Mamie lost her first child Icky to scarlet fever. Mamie often couldn't move her household fast enough to keep up with Ike's constant military reassignments. Mamie chain smoked and drank heavily. In later years, Mamie enjoyed publicly dominating her powerful husband, who had reaped the rewards of a career that Mamie had sacrificed so much to help him build. Mamie was known as notoriously cheap and demanding even among other military wives, many of whom were by nature and circumstance a thrifty and assertive lot.

While Mamie grew up in a comfortable and respectable family in a small town in Iowa, Mamie didn't grow up with the material advantages that Jackie knew. Mamie was also of an earlier generation when expectations for women were very limited. Mamie did not have the benefit of an extensive formal education, educational travel, exposure to the arts, or other life experiences that shaped Jacqueline Kennedy's early life. Mamie married Ike when she was only 19 years old and immediately moved away from her family and all she had known to the first in a long series of ever-changing military bases. As Ike became more successful in his military career, Mamie often found herself alone in dreary military outposts, with few friends apart from other lonely military wives.

Mamie had to develop a certain strength and ruthlessness to survive. But the Eisenhowers had grown so far apart by the time Ike was elected President, they were near strangers. Mamie, herself, said their eight years in the White House was the longest time they had ever lived together as a couple up to that point and that the White House was the closest thing to a stable home they had ever known in their marriage.

Love her or hate her - Mamie was shaped by her life experiences. Mamie was not the generally the prettiest woman in the room; she was not the most charming, nor was she the most intelligent or the best educated. Unlike Jackie, Mamie did not read Proust in the original French. Mamie was the type of woman who learned to get attention by being the most demanding and sometimes the loudest. She over-compensated for her insecurities by demanding that all the White House staffers use the pretentious term "draperies" when many women would have simply called them "curtains".

And if you didn't like Mamie the way she was, she'd probably blow smoke from her unfiltered cigarette in your face and give you the figurative or maybe even the literal "fuck off".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210April 13, 2016 4:42 AM

Fun! There are two Saint Mamie Eisenhower Memorial Datalounge Trolls!

by Anonymousreply 211April 13, 2016 4:46 AM

Laugh at me if you want, R211. I'm the only one of the First Ladies who would stand a chance in a Cage Match with that fat-ass Barbara Bush.

I'm not saying I could beat that hairy, psycho mother fucker but I could, at least, hold my own against her....

by Anonymousreply 212April 13, 2016 4:58 AM

I'm not laughing, Mamie -- I'm r204 and r205.

by Anonymousreply 213April 13, 2016 5:10 AM

I saw Caroline on one of the talk shows, and she pointed out that Jackie's name was supposed to be pronounced in the French way: Zhack-leen.

The woman was dead - what's the fucking point of worrying about it anymore, but it made me think less of Caroline. Wonder why she's not Cahr-o-leen?

by Anonymousreply 214April 13, 2016 5:12 AM

"Bob Colacello, a confidant of Nancy Reagan, noted that of the First Ladies in attendance at her funeral, Michelle, Laura, Hillary and Rosalynn, Nancy liked only one of them. I think it was either Michelle or Hillary. "

I think the only one Nancy would have liked is Laura, who stood by her man, no matter what (and kept her trap shut). Being a Republican wouldn't hurt either.

by Anonymousreply 215April 13, 2016 5:14 AM

Florence Harding would mop the floor with bot you and Barzilla in a cage match, Mamie. after all which other FLOTUS had the iron will and ferociousness to tell Grace Coolidge to go fuck herself during the White House tour or to stab her husbands campaign manager with a letter opener during a heated argument ?

by Anonymousreply 216April 13, 2016 5:17 AM

Oh those roarin' 20's. The 60's just think they were wild.

by Anonymousreply 217April 13, 2016 5:17 AM

Florence Harding made Mamie look like Doris Day on Ecstasy by comparison .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 13, 2016 5:26 AM

Once in the White Florence was given a glamorous makeover and a 'softer warmer' image . They would have had an easier job doing a sexy makeover on Mount Rushmore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219April 13, 2016 5:41 AM

Florence Harding was the Queen Cunt of First Ladies until Barbara Bush took over the title later in the 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 220April 13, 2016 5:50 AM

Barbara Bush couldn't care less what the fat losers on DL think of her.

by Anonymousreply 221April 13, 2016 6:59 AM

Florence Harding was jealous of Grace Coolidge's grace and beauty. Mrs. Harding personally lobbied several Republican Congressmen to defeat a bill that would have purchased an official residence for the Vice President. Gloating over her success, Florence said, "I couldn't bear to think of Mrs. Coolidge getting to live in that lovely house."

Mrs. Harding played one last bitch card against the Coolidges after President Harding died. Custom and courtesy dictated that she be packed and gone from the White House within a week of the State Funeral. Instead Mrs. Harding took eighteen days to surrender the mansion. The new President and First Lady had to cool their heels in a hotel while Florence took her own sweet time vacating a house that was no longer hers.

by Anonymousreply 222April 13, 2016 6:59 AM

Bar shouldn't be casting any stones at Fat Losers...or she may hit one of her own.

by Anonymousreply 223April 13, 2016 10:09 AM

R223 Your obsession with Barbara Bush is both sad and creepy, but mostly sad. She left the White House 23 years ago. You need to move on.

by Anonymousreply 224April 13, 2016 11:29 AM

r221 Are you Jenna or little Barbara?

by Anonymousreply 225April 13, 2016 12:06 PM

r224, your obsession with defending Barbara Bush is both sad and creepy, but mostly sad. She left the White House 23 years ago. You need to move on.

by Anonymousreply 226April 13, 2016 5:25 PM

Guarding Tess (with Shirley MacL and Nicholas Cage) had a lot of Florence Harding (and Nancy Reagan).

by Anonymousreply 227April 13, 2016 5:29 PM

R226 you type fat.

by Anonymousreply 228April 13, 2016 8:46 PM

r228, you ARE fat.

by Anonymousreply 229April 13, 2016 10:25 PM

All unfuckable, ugly, virgin, closeted dykes are bitches.

And they're all on the new season of RuPaul's Drag Race!

by Anonymousreply 230April 14, 2016 12:22 AM

R98. Who is the man behind Nixon on the right? Looks like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 231April 15, 2016 1:30 AM

That's Ethel Merman

by Anonymousreply 232April 15, 2016 1:39 AM

No, who is the man on the far right?

by Anonymousreply 233April 15, 2016 1:41 AM

Nixon was far right wasn't he?

It;s comedian Red Skelton, the other man is Lawrence Welk, Nixon is playing piano

Mamie fucked them all, Ethel too when Mamie wanted to switch things up a bit or when Roscoe was just too physically drained from servicing Mamie's insatiable sexual appetites.

by Anonymousreply 234April 15, 2016 1:54 AM

Which one of those old farts had two big love affairs - of which the love letters have recently been published? Was it Harding?

by Anonymousreply 235April 15, 2016 1:58 AM

R98. Again, from left-to-right, there is Red, Mamie, The Merm, Welk, Nixon, and who?

by Anonymousreply 236April 15, 2016 2:03 AM

Could it be Bebe Rebozo?

by Anonymousreply 237April 15, 2016 2:04 AM

The man on the far right is Ray Bolger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 15, 2016 2:12 AM

It was Harding. First affair a child resulted. Huge scandal. Now dna tests confirm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239April 15, 2016 2:14 AM

R238. Ah yes, I see now. Thanks so much.

by Anonymousreply 240April 15, 2016 2:16 AM

Mamie and the Queen Mother were quite evenly matched both in looks and cuntiness.

'Mrs Eisenhower, you'll find a hat left in your suite for tomorrow's engagement, I was told you did not bring one and I wouldn't want you to be embarrassed. I do hope the President packed a white tie and tails for the banquet?

"Why thanks , Cookie, if it wasn't for my husband you'd be taking orders in German at a labor camp on the Scottish moors right about now, so stuff a sock in it, ok Lady Macbeth?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241April 24, 2016 11:01 AM

JFK has a son who was a college professor in Kansas

by Anonymousreply 242April 24, 2016 1:26 PM

JFK had a bastard? Not surprising, of course.

by Anonymousreply 243April 24, 2016 2:25 PM

Don't tell us his name, if Hillary gets wind of his existence she'll swoop down on Kansas, seek out the poor guy and destroy him like she did JFK Jr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244April 24, 2016 3:15 PM

JFK's bastard son. Looks a helluva lot like him. Of course, none of the Kennedy family have volunteered DNA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245April 24, 2016 3:19 PM

R152, Mamie had 8 years in the White House to Jackie's near 3. Had JFK lived and won a second term, who knows what Jackie would've said or done during those transformative years. But once she was out of there, she was out of there.

by Anonymousreply 246April 24, 2016 3:29 PM

[quote]But once she was out of there, she was out of there.

DC was a shitbox even in Jackie's day. Who could blame her for wanting to GTFO and move to a fabulous co-op on 5th Avenue, with the Met and Central Park right across the street?

by Anonymousreply 247April 24, 2016 3:37 PM

Well according to those private tapes her greedy money grubbing daughter sold to the press , given more time Jackie would have needed a surgeon to remove the foot from her mouth from such bon mots as:

On Indira Gandhi: "a real prune--bitter, kind of pushy, horrible woman."

On Charles DeGaulle: "that egomaniac"

On Martin Luther King, Jr.: "a phony" "the jews put him up to this"

At the end of eight years she'd be more well known for wearing her panties as a cloche-hat and her culottes as a cape, given the Bouvier penchant for madness.

by Anonymousreply 248April 24, 2016 4:01 PM

Jackie's assessments were actually pretty damn accurate.

by Anonymousreply 249April 24, 2016 4:04 PM

r248 At the end of eight years she'd be more well known for wearing her panties as a cloche-hat and her culottes as a cape, given the Bouvier penchant for madness.

I know you're not talking about me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250April 24, 2016 4:08 PM

Wouldn't it have been hilarious if Little Edie had been First Lady?

by Anonymousreply 251April 24, 2016 4:12 PM

Has anyone ever looked into the JFK assassination from the perspective the JFK may NOT have been the target of Oswald? Kennedy knew he was hated in Texas, especially Dallas, yet he insisted not only on driving through the heart of enemy territory in a motorcade, but he personally ordered the bulletproof bubble top taken off the car just before it departed. What if Jackie was the intended target, Jack was screwing everything in sight, ja ckie threaten to leave him numerous times, he'd given her more doses of the clap than a stand ovation at the Met, and he knew he could never divorce being Catholic, and if she left him the scandal would destroy his political career.

So what if JFK had hired a hit,an like Oswald to shoot Jackie straight through the pill box hat on that great big square head of hers ? Oswald then misses on the first shot hits Jack who yells "not me you moron, " which leads Jackie to realize that shot was ,meant for her ,she leans forward in front of Jack, and the second shot misses, blowing the top of his head off, at which point she scrambles her ass out of the car like it was on fire, only to be pushed by in by Agent Hill who was in on the job, by then Oswald knows he fucked up, and escapes like he would of if he had it the intended target? All the accomplices in Dealey Plaza heard the shots , the car sped off, they assume Oswald did the job and he walks out easy.

Oswald is later silenced to spare the late presidents memory from being tarnished, and then the cover-up into the JFK assassination looks like a huge cover-up, because there was no way to prove or disprove anyone but Oswald with the trail leading back to Kennedy ordering the hit on his wife.

So when Jackie said "I want them to see what they did" in her famous remark about the blood splattered suit, what she really meant "They Missed!".

by Anonymousreply 252April 24, 2016 4:23 PM

R248, Yes, but those were from private conversations meant to remain private (who recorded these anyway?). Who of us hasn't said unkind things about beloved figures among friends? I'm sure with the Civil Rights marches and civil unrest in full swing, Jackie would've been forced to confront the issues and done or said something carefully planned by White House handlers.

by Anonymousreply 253April 24, 2016 4:53 PM

Or Jackie would have been sent on a continuing series of lavish tax-payer funded trips to dazzle the rest of the world with her impeccable clothes,hats,and shoes.

by Anonymousreply 254April 24, 2016 4:57 PM

R264, which would've been excellent PR for American exceptionalism, sophistication, and refinement. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 255April 24, 2016 5:05 PM

I love that picture posted by R89. It illustrates the generational divide between the two First Ladies. Mamie in her fitted granny dress, with obligatory pearls and hat, and Jackie, young and effortlessly glam in her simple shift dress, no visible jewelry and, heavens! no hat.

by Anonymousreply 256April 24, 2016 5:17 PM

Mamie did more through her actions to support the Civil Rights movements by refusing to attend segregated theaters, by having African American guest at the White House, way before Jackie, and with just as a matter of her own personal convictions that segregation was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 257April 24, 2016 5:17 PM

I wonder what Khrushchev thought of the fairy toast

by Anonymousreply 258April 25, 2016 1:19 AM

When did Ike and Mamie cease their "marital relations"?

by Anonymousreply 259April 25, 2016 1:22 AM

Around the same time Mamie first engaged in carnal relations with Colored men - if you know what I mean.

"Who has the time for that little shitty pants? Tell Roscoe I'm waiting for him."

by Anonymousreply 260April 25, 2016 2:10 AM

How do we think Mamie would have handled a tour of the White House with Melania?

by Anonymousreply 261July 22, 2016 5:08 PM

I studied the best. Now I'm even more powerful than Mamie.

by Anonymousreply 262July 22, 2016 5:14 PM

I would've started with a preventitive shot of penicillin, R261, before letting that syphilitic whore anywhere near me. What I should've done was told Ike to start WWIII and nuke Eastern Europe before that whore could be born!

by Anonymousreply 263July 22, 2016 6:06 PM

Jackie, dear, you haven't touched your fairy toast. Don't you like it?

by Anonymousreply 264July 22, 2016 7:52 PM

Mamie had class not unlike the low class first ladies we've had since Bar Bush left office.

by Anonymousreply 265January 13, 2017 5:59 AM

Is there a bust of Roscoe anywhere at the White House?

by Anonymousreply 266January 13, 2017 6:27 AM

Mamie was never the same after her firstborn toddler, that they called Icky, died of scarlet fever or some such disease. I don't think the marriage was ever very good after that either.

by Anonymousreply 267January 13, 2017 6:41 AM

R152 blew my mind.

by Anonymousreply 268January 13, 2017 1:37 PM

[quote]Is there a bust of Roscoe anywhere at the White House?

No, just a well-worn dildo molded from his massive equipment.

by Anonymousreply 269January 13, 2017 3:39 PM

Not as big as me

by Anonymousreply 270January 3, 2018 11:25 AM

Speaking of Fairy Bread...let's resurrect an old Mamie Eisenhower thread now that the Cunt Index (CI) has reached a record high on DL.

by Anonymousreply 271March 26, 2021 4:28 AM

Bump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272March 26, 2021 4:29 AM

I did that wrong, but you get the idea.

by Anonymousreply 273March 26, 2021 4:31 AM

She saved many female babies in Post WWII USA.

As women popped out ugly baby after ugly baby, mothers could take solace in the fact that even with a batface barely concealed by cat’s eye glasses, their little girl could one day grow up to be First Lady Of The United States and drink lots of scotch.

by Anonymousreply 274March 26, 2021 4:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!