Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The career of Lou Diamond Phillips

Started out to rave reviews playing an early rock n roll icon now starring in really bad SyFy movies.

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2020 11:01 AM

And married to a sometime lesbian, Anne Heche. I've always thought what a waste of manhood when he put it in her.

by Anonymousreply 1January 7, 2016 5:10 PM

Didn't he win a "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!" season? You'd think SyFy is a step up from that.

by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2016 5:13 PM

The list of similar careers is endless ........ he's just one of many. I'm sure he's happy to still be acting.

He's going to be 54 and 'La Bamba' was nearly thirty years ago.

imdb says he's going to play Richard Ramirez (The Night Stalker) ...........at 54 ???

It has been a long while since he was in anything 'big', but he's had a few steady TV gigs. And he's still relatively young and can transition to character roles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2016 5:15 PM

???? He's not married to Anne Heche ???

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2016 5:17 PM

He was cute fugly when he was young. Cute fugly is never a good thing to base a career on

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2016 5:19 PM

I've been enjoying him on Longmire. Looking at IMDB, he's had a pretty good career, certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2016 5:23 PM

I like him on Longmire.

by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2016 5:26 PM

He was hot as hell in THE KING AND I. Especially the shirtless, whipping scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2016 5:33 PM

Lou was not married to Anne Heche, he was married to Julie Cypher, who during the marriage decided she was a lesbian and left Lou for Melissa Etheridge.

Cypher later told Etheridge she wasn't a lesbian after all and the two separated. Cypher is now married to a man.

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2016 5:33 PM

Hahahahahaha, who made a thread about Lou Diamond Phillips? Imagine that!

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2016 6:15 PM

As opposed to the many threads about unknowns like Jon Kortajarena or Kevin Lanflisi or whatever the fuck their names are R10?

by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2016 8:06 PM

He'd played a perfect asshole cop on Southland. Damn I miss that show.

by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2016 8:09 PM

Didn't he get charged for domestic battery more than once? I hope I stand to be corrected, but if it is so, I'm turned off by him totally.

Disregarding that, LDP in tight pants and grappling the despicably gorgeous Christian Slater in Young Guns II is ever enjoyable. They stuck that knife in his arm for real, it was broken at the time from a previous stunt and LDP just said 'go for it'. He must be a little cracked to agree to that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2016 8:15 PM

Very frustrated little Latino -- his wife ran off with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2016 8:17 PM

He was on a couple of episodes of the new series "Blindspot."

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2016 9:59 PM

R14 He's not Latino.

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2016 10:00 PM

His cock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2016 10:17 PM

I can't imagine what that's like.

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2016 10:20 PM

R11, i was just kidding. Actually, i didn't expect that someone would make a thread about Lou Diamond Phillips on DataLounge. That was a nice thought. Lou Diamonds Phillips is a good actor. I'm particularly fond of La Bamba because i like Ritchie Valens. It's great that there is a movie about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2016 9:23 PM

I thought he was East Asian, he doesn't look Latino

by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2016 9:38 PM

He's a mixture of a lot of things, ethnicity wise.

[quote]His father was an American of Scotch-Irish and one-quarter Cherokee descent, and his mother, a native of Candelaria, Zambales, is Filipino, with distant Chinese, Hawaiian and Spanish ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2016 9:45 PM

Aw I remember when he played Michael J. Fox's gay friend on Spin City. I thought he never looked hotter.

by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2016 10:02 PM

He directed and starred in a soft core made for video movie called Dangerous Touch in 93. He's naked in it A LOT and hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2016 10:09 PM

Pinoy pride!

by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2016 10:27 PM

So, he is 1/8 Cherokee. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2016 1:06 PM

R21, Translation: Filipino-American

by Anonymousreply 26January 9, 2016 3:38 PM

[quote]Aw I remember when he played Michael J. Fox's gay friend on Spin City. I thought he never looked hotter.

That was one of my favorite episodes and I actually bought him and the Michael Boatman character as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2016 3:52 PM

More like Lou Cubic Zirconia Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2016 4:13 PM

He certainly has charisma - he was a big deal for several years after "La Bamba.". Esai Morales is just as charismatic and actually more talented - yet he never become a big star.

by Anonymousreply 29January 6, 2019 4:33 AM

Esai Morales is hot as fuck now....one of those actors who have aged extremely well for the better.....and he has been working constantly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 6, 2019 4:45 AM

I heard he was a Republican. I know he starred in that Cop and a Half remake that had a "Blue Lives Matter." sticker showing up. Yet, he is a big Springsteen fan and he also endorsed Biden. So who knows? Maybe he just hates Trump?

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2020 11:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!