Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pam Dawber wanted to punch Raquel Welch

From the very interesting oral history of Mork & Mindy. Director Howard Storm:

Raquel Welch was any director’s nightmare. She was just outrageous.

I’ll give you the opening story. We sat in the meeting, and there were two women who were playing her lieutenants. One of them was Vicki Fredericks, who was a Broadway dancer who had the lead in a Broadway show called, Dancin’, and she was quite lovely and a great dancer. And the other woman, was from Texas, she was the Playboy Bunny of the Year. They were both quite beautiful.

So we sat and read for at least an hour. And our usual routine was, we dismissed everybody but the star and the execs. Pam stayed, Robin stayed, and I stayed. And we would say to the guest star, “Do you have any questions or is there anything we can help you with?” And Raquel said, “Ah yes, who are the two girls that are going to play my lieutenants?” And I said, “The two women that were sitting on your right.” And she said, “Oh, I didn’t notice them.”

Then she said she had a problem with her entrance. Robin comes running into the apartment, says to Pam [that] the Nekrons, or whoever they were, are coming to kidnap him. And she says, “When are they coming?” He says, “They could be here any second!” And there’s an explosion. The doors to the apartment fly off, onto the couch. And in walks the first girl. Vicki Fredericks walks down stage left. The other girl comes down, walks down stage right, and they both pose with their hands on their hips. And then Raquel enters.

Raquel said, “You can’t have them come in before me.”

And we said to Raquel, “If they come in after you, they’re gonna distract. They’re going to pull the eye. What we’re doing here is, we’re setting it up. The audience sees this woman come down, ‘No, that’s not her.’ Then the next one, ‘No, that’s not her’—and then you enter! You know? And they frame you! It’s the perfect entrance.” But if someone comes in after her, the audience looks at the person coming in that’s moving.

She said, “I have an idea. Supposing they wear dog masks, and I lead them in on leashes.” So I knew immediately that she did not want to compete with these two very lovely women. And that never happened—we would not allow that, the dog masks.

What I said to her was, “Raquel, your character is too strong. You don’t need to have them in dog masks or leashes. All you need to do is snap your fingers. Those girls will drop to their knees.” And she said, “Oh, I like that.”

At one point, Robin was trying to talk around her idea about it not being good for them to come in first. And Robin was trying to explain it to her. Pam was standing there, and Pam said, “You know, Raquel, he’s right.” And Raquel said, “Honey, please.” And she stepped in front of Pam, blocking her, then went on to talk to Robin. Pam made a fist and made believe she was hitting [Raquel] in the back of the head, and walked away.

[After that], Pam would do that every time she came on stage. She’d sneak up behind Raquel, and make believe she was punching her in the head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 31, 2018 3:22 PM

THAT is a good story.

And not at all surprising.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2015 1:58 AM

Miss Welch had a sense of entitlement inversely proportionate to her talent.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2015 2:06 AM

R1 here...I forgot to add:

DOG MASKS!!!!! OMG what a crazy insecure weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2015 2:10 AM

Raquel may have big tits, but she's all cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2015 3:22 AM

Farrah Fawcett said on Howard Stern back in the 90's that Raquel "wasn't very nice" (i.e. was a cunt) when she worked with her. And Farrah rarely said anything negative about anyone, so that says a lot.

I don't know what made Raquel think she was so great. Most people couldn't even name one of her movies if you asked them to.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2015 3:26 AM

I remember reading YEARS ago that while shooting some TV movie, Raquel actually slapped the actress playing her daughter instead of "faking it" for the cameras...everyone on the set was freaked out, including Raquel. The director told her, "Dont be upset, Raquel, we all know it was an accident."

To which she replied, through tears, "You don't understand! I really hurt my hand!"

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2015 3:57 AM

I love these oral histories but a whole book on Mork & Mindy? How many people are going to fork over $10-20 to read this?

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2015 3:58 AM

Was that anecdote about Mork and Mindy? Or some other show, the name of which not even mentioned by the story-teller?

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2015 4:03 AM

Raquel saw every woman as a threat. I wonder how she got on with that other c*nt Faye Dunaway on The Three Musketeers.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2015 4:09 AM

Here's the intro (which would have helped as part of the OP)

The Raquel Welch episode

One of the show’s most famous episodes was an hour-long epic in which Raquel Welch played an evil alien who captures Mork.

David Misch:

Raquel Welch was the sexiest woman in the world, at that time. And ABC was promoting what everyone called “jiggle”. Essentially, sexy stuff. And they had her come on the show, purely for a ratings thing. And we were all deeply offended, [because] we thought they were compromising our art. How dare they? And then the script that came in from a freelancer [for this episode] was actually pretty terrible. It wasn’t funny. We rewrote it in two days.

We were really pushed up against the wall, time-wise, and we were all working desperately. We knew a lot of people would be watching, and we didn’t want to be humiliated. We didn’t want people to say, “Oh my God, that show was so stupid!” The sex was so obvious—so we tried to hide it by putting in the funniest stuff we could.

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2015 4:10 AM

Has anyone seen this episode? Was it funny?

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2015 4:13 AM

This was a recurring problem in 70s and 80s sitcoms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2015 4:28 AM

"I'm sorry but I must insist that you refer to me as 'Miss Welch' "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2015 5:04 AM

Mae West was quoted about Welch playing the title role in MYRA BRECKENRIDGE: "She's a pretty enough thing, but no real woman would ever take that part."

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2015 5:45 AM

Judging by that screenshot in R13, it looks like Raquel triumphed. You don't hire Miss Broadway and Miss Playboy Bunny of the Year for T&A, and then cover them head to toe in shapeless smocks... unless, of course Ms. Guest STAR demanded it.

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2015 11:23 AM

^ I take that back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2015 11:28 AM

Am I the only one who thinks if Raquel were a man nobody would give her a hard time for essentially standing up for herself?

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2016 9:17 PM

Yes, you're the only one R17. We frequently lob insults at male actors who carry on like this (Bruce Willis and Dustin Hoffman for example). And Welch wasn't "standing up for herself" - she was just being difficult for the sake of being difficult.

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2016 9:26 PM

She was a big star and knew what proper entrance her character needed.

If that involved dressing the other ladies in dog masks, well they got paid, didn't they?

by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2016 9:32 PM

Rocky won a HUGE settlement for Cannery Row.

by Anonymousreply 20March 27, 2016 1:40 AM

Stay out of show biz, R19. Her "idea" is awful, the director's was the right way to do it.

by Anonymousreply 21March 27, 2016 1:50 AM

Two gorgeous creatures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 27, 2016 2:07 AM

Mork & Mindy was a crappy sitcom that got progressively worse with each season. And there were only 4 before ABC yanked it.

by Anonymousreply 23March 27, 2016 2:08 AM

Nanoo Nanoo

by Anonymousreply 24March 27, 2016 2:24 AM

Raquel is still gorgeous in her mid to late seventies.

by Anonymousreply 25March 30, 2016 3:17 PM

That anecdote ending with "I really hurt my hand" reminds me of a case study in which a man killed his mother and while in jail, he bitched about how his siblings didn't visit him there. To pay their respects. "After all, she was my mother too." The case study was of a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2016 3:27 PM

Pam Dawber IS Peter Pan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2016 3:43 PM

Vicki Frederick is a goddess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 30, 2016 3:59 PM

Females who hate other females seem to be pretty common, but what about men who hate other men? Any showbiz examples?

by Anonymousreply 29March 30, 2016 4:15 PM

Wasn't Mork and Mindy a kids' show along the lines of Full House? Why would they want "jiggle" on a kids' show?

by Anonymousreply 30March 30, 2016 4:24 PM

Mork and Mindy was not a kids show.

by Anonymousreply 31March 30, 2016 4:50 PM

I used to love watching the show when I was a kid. I was sad when the show went off the air in 1982.

by Anonymousreply 32March 30, 2016 7:41 PM

Mork and Mindy was a spin-off of Happy Days. Those weren't kids shows, but wholesome family entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 33March 31, 2016 1:26 AM

How could anyone stand to watch Robin Williams.

by Anonymousreply 34March 31, 2016 1:32 AM

Pam Dawber has NCIS money.

by Anonymousreply 35March 31, 2016 1:40 AM

Vicki Fredricks was in the Chorus Line movie.

by Anonymousreply 36March 31, 2016 2:04 AM

Raquel thought she was God's gift to TV and movies. Fact is she was far from it. I wish Pam would have really slugged her.

by Anonymousreply 37March 31, 2016 4:14 AM

Pam Dawber doesn't have to act unless she wants to because she's married to Mark Harmon.

by Anonymousreply 38March 31, 2016 11:22 AM

[quote]And we were all deeply offended, [because] we thought they were compromising our art.

Oh christ, you're talking about Mork and fucking Mindy not Masterpiece Theater!!!

"Compromising our art"?! Oh jesus, these people really can be delusional. And here he is ragging about Raquel Welch.

by Anonymousreply 39March 31, 2016 11:57 AM

As comely as the two lieutenants were, they weren't as knockout as Welch herself. She had no need to worry. Silly creature.

by Anonymousreply 40March 31, 2016 2:22 PM

The Summer of George

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 31, 2016 3:45 PM

[quote]what about men who hate other men?

Woody Allen made jokes about other men being more handsome and masculine (and WASP), but one always sensed a fear there.

by Anonymousreply 42March 31, 2016 3:57 PM

Mork and Mindy began as a family show. They had Conrad Janis and the old lady who played his mother. Very sweet and sentimental stories, like the time Mork transformed himself into an old man because he thought she was lonely. That changed when ABC got the reputation as being the Jiggle Network because of Charlies Angels and Three's Company. ABC felt the show had to appeal more to younger audiences and they dropped the family angle and worked in the grotesque Gina Hecht and Jay Thomas. They took it out of the Happy Days/Laverne and Shirley hammock and also put it against All In the Family and the ratings dropped immediately.

by Anonymousreply 43March 31, 2016 5:02 PM

The rock guitar lady got a raw deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 31, 2016 7:12 PM

Which is funny because I wanted to punch Pam Dawber.

by Anonymousreply 45April 1, 2016 8:12 PM

Raquel Welch's talent is questionable, to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 46April 2, 2016 8:51 PM

Welch first played in that stone age film and had a really hot body--all hers. She continued to take roles for her looks that were not great roles. She substituted ego for talent. Not that unusual in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 47April 2, 2016 10:26 PM

She was awesome on CPW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 2, 2016 10:43 PM

That Central Park West clip led me to this tidbit on one of its stars

[quote] On the evening of July 4, 2006 in Lakeport, California, Lazard was arrested and charged with indecent exposure and resisting arrest, having been "exposing himself near one of the piers" of the local park. During the arrest, he was tasered by one of the officers. In May 2009, he failed to appear in court and a bench warrant was subsequently issued for his arrest. In January 2011, Lazard reached a plea agreement with Lake County prosecutors regarding the charges of 2006. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of "lewd conduct", with the other charges being dismissed, and agreed to pay $7,500 to a named family resource center. His psychiatrist attested that his behavior was due to a transitory “severe psychotic breakdown” and that "treatment had worked well" in his case.

Did DL have a field day with this or did nobody care?

by Anonymousreply 49April 3, 2016 12:20 AM

I don't think anyone cared, r49. These days, Justin Lazard is a devout Christian.

by Anonymousreply 50April 3, 2016 9:07 PM

Devout with his cock out, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 51April 3, 2016 11:27 PM

Fuck, Mariel Hemingway was awful on that Central Park West. Was she always so inept? I've seen STAR 80 but I only really remember Eric Roberts and that fact that Hemingway did not have a PLAYBOY rack.

by Anonymousreply 52April 3, 2016 11:28 PM

Here she be!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 3, 2016 11:31 PM

Pam Dawber is a goddess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 13, 2016 2:41 AM

Dawber, Pam, personality of spam.

by Anonymousreply 55May 13, 2016 2:59 AM

[quote]Has anyone seen this episode? Was it funny?

It's "Mork & Mindy", of course not.

by Anonymousreply 56May 13, 2016 3:10 AM

And then there is this reoccurring character on Sabrina the Teenage Witch:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 13, 2016 3:36 AM

Mork and Mindy was extremely funny while stoned.

by Anonymousreply 58May 13, 2016 4:08 AM

I always thought Robin Williams was so sexy. I remember he did some skit for a benefit with billy crystal and robin was wearing ballet tights. He had such a massive bulge. He was into cycling for a time and I'd see him in Lycra skin suits from time to time and he was partial to speedos. That man was sexy!

by Anonymousreply 59May 13, 2016 4:32 AM

This r59?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 13, 2016 4:54 AM

Yup! Had a crush on him ever since. RIP

by Anonymousreply 61May 13, 2016 9:17 AM

Pam Dawber. That chin. It goes on for days.

by Anonymousreply 62May 13, 2016 9:46 AM

plus she doesn't swing her arms when she walks

by Anonymousreply 63May 13, 2016 9:51 AM

"Robin Williams... I remember he did some skit for a benefit with billy crystal and robin was wearing ballet tights. He had such a massive bulge. That man was sexy!"

Although I never saw his dong, I think RW was pretty well hung.

And you're referring to "Comic Relief", a series of HBO charity specials hosted by RW, BC, and Whoopi Goldberg that aired during the late eighties and early nineties.

by Anonymousreply 64May 13, 2016 9:53 AM

Raquel never recurred on Sabrina. The fabulous Melissa Joan Hart would never invite that pig bitch back to her show. I wish Pam Dawber had beat the shit out of her. Evil, evil woman. Cannot sing, act or dance!

by Anonymousreply 65May 14, 2016 3:57 AM

R65, don't try to fool us. You're Lauren Bacall, using the Ouija board and still upset Raquel got raves for "Woman of the Year". You wanted Dina Merrill to replace you.

"I'm one of the girls who sings like a boy/My voice is as low as the tunes I destroy/I'm one of the girls who sings in a bass/The only things worse are the lines of my face."

by Anonymousreply 66May 14, 2016 4:02 AM

Raquel was a disgrace. Broadway loathes her, no one cares about her. She cannot act.

by Anonymousreply 67May 16, 2016 8:34 AM

R59 you just reminded me of something I saw on Bravo circa 2002/2003 -- back when the network still focused on performing arts/drama, though QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY was right around the corner to change things forever -- they had a profile on Billy Crystal, which included his, Williams', and Whoopi's work on COMIC RELIEF. Anyway, during one segment, Williams casually walked over to Billy and began fondling his crotch. Crystal didn't really flinch, but it didn't look planned; he seemed surprised. He laughed when the audience laughed. I've always wanted to see that again but don't know where to start.

by Anonymousreply 68August 13, 2017 5:11 PM

I remember reading a book on the making of The Wild Party by James Ivory - she was an absolute PITA, but really fought for the film when execs wanted to butcher it...

by Anonymousreply 69August 13, 2017 5:40 PM

Honey, please.

by Anonymousreply 70August 13, 2017 7:35 PM

Bitch never moves her arms when she dances!

by Anonymousreply 71August 13, 2017 8:39 PM

Pam Dawber is a jinx.

by Anonymousreply 72August 13, 2017 8:43 PM

Love you R66

by Anonymousreply 73August 13, 2017 10:01 PM

I wonder what is ZsaZsaLopezFitzgerald's beef with Raquel?

by Anonymousreply 74August 13, 2017 10:11 PM

Incidentally, I'm surprised they didn't make he change her first name to Rachel. Welch was her first husband's name, but if she hadn't been married when discovered, they most likely would've mad her change her Tejada surname.

by Anonymousreply 75August 13, 2017 10:13 PM

Welch, Raquel. "Evil to the core." Breast implants and "silicone from the ankles up." Very difficult to work with; prima donna wannabe. Linked with Richard Burton.

by Anonymousreply 76August 13, 2017 11:08 PM

Just a side note about Mork & Mindy. I read once, in the National Enquirer so take it with a grain of salt, that Pam and Robin were filming an episode. Robin went offstage. Pam continues her dialogue, and Robin had a few responses offstage. When Pam looked offstage, Robin was standing there totally naked. So I can totally believe that Robin grabbed Billy's crotch. I think Robin just went with whatever came into his mind.

by Anonymousreply 77August 13, 2017 11:21 PM

R77 I'm the one who wrote about the crotch-grab. Just to clarify, since re-reading my post I didn't make it clear, the crotch-grab was from a clip of COMIC RELIEF, as the narrator (and talking heads) were discussing that period of Crystal's career. It was almost shown in passing in the Bravo program but for comic effect.

by Anonymousreply 78August 13, 2017 11:28 PM

Didn't she get into trouble once for throwing a mirror at a stage hand or something? She seems like a prototype for Naomi Campbell.

by Anonymousreply 79August 14, 2017 2:48 AM

R79 to whom are you referring?

by Anonymousreply 80August 14, 2017 3:04 AM

Welch R80

by Anonymousreply 81August 14, 2017 3:06 AM

Gawd, "Mork & Mindy" was an exhausting and unfunny show. I thought it was just Robin Williams mawkish mania on display, and after about four episodes I never watched it again. I hear he was often a sweet guy, but that rapid-fire gibberish performance style looked like pure desperation and mental instability to me. I rarely watched him in anything, it was so much more of the same crap, and sort of depressing. Still, it all works in "Mrs. Doubtfire", even though it's the same old schtick.

by Anonymousreply 82August 14, 2017 4:44 AM

Raquel is repulsive. Her wigs and AWFUL plastic surgery cannot hide a cruel and evil heart. She has no money and worked as a call girl years ago. It's why she is banned from the Oscars

by Anonymousreply 83August 29, 2018 4:03 AM

Raquel Welch has impressed me exactly once as an actress.

Give her props for her work in "The Last Of Sheila."

by Anonymousreply 84August 29, 2018 4:21 AM

[quote]How could anyone stand to watch Robin Williams.

I couldn't. Ever.

I never understood his widespread appeal. I found him a manic, exhausting mess. I knew he would burn himself out eventually.

by Anonymousreply 85August 29, 2018 4:22 AM

[quote] Am I the only one who thinks if Raquel were a man nobody would give her a hard time for essentially standing up for herself?

No, I'm sure many of the other SJWs at your campus center feel the same way you do.

by Anonymousreply 86August 29, 2018 4:25 AM

[quote]She has no money and worked as a call girl years ago. It's why she is banned from the Oscars

Is that true?

by Anonymousreply 87August 29, 2018 4:31 AM

Sounds like she ruffled the feathers of some self-important marginal talents. M&M was hardly high art, except maybe to the profoundly retarded. Ancient, boring drama.

by Anonymousreply 88August 29, 2018 4:40 AM

Dawber, Pam, personality of Spam.

Vague..

by Anonymousreply 89August 29, 2018 4:45 AM

LOL @ the Welch apologists! Typical DL.

by Anonymousreply 90August 29, 2018 4:46 AM

Dawber, Pam.

Got to fuck Harmon.

You did not.

I know it's not a haiku, but it's profound, nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 91August 29, 2018 4:53 AM

[quote] worked as a call girl years ago. It's why she is banned from the Oscars

I don't believe that for a moment. If they banned all the current/former hookers the whole broadcast would be left with only an award for John Williams in the Music category.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 29, 2018 5:05 AM

James Mason once said of her, "I never met anyone so badly behaved."

by Anonymousreply 93August 29, 2018 11:56 AM

Pam Dawber is still adorable.. with a gorgeous husband. They've been married a long time.

by Anonymousreply 94August 29, 2018 1:10 PM

I remember Raquel Welch from the 1980s. The first time I saw a picture of her, I believed she was a hooker. She just looked it.

by Anonymousreply 95August 29, 2018 1:22 PM

She's a bit like that Knauss woman, physically at least.

by Anonymousreply 96August 29, 2018 1:28 PM

The only films I’ve enjoyed Welch in are “The Last of Sheila”, “The Three Musketeers” and “The Four Musketeers”. Usually she’s stiff and self-conscious.

I will say that she stole the show in one of those “Night of 100 Stars” fashion shows in a Norma Kamali catsuit. Whoever the bride was at the finale (Brooke Shields, maybe?) must’ve hated following Welch.

I remember reading rumors about her Mork and Mindy on-set friction. I also remember the bad press she got when she showed up at her son’s wedding in a tight, low-cut dress and movie-star hat.

And don’t dare offer her anything besides Crystal Light!

(Yes, I’m an eldergay!)

by Anonymousreply 97August 29, 2018 1:49 PM

It's surreal to think Raquel Welch was considered for the role of Mary Ann on GILLIGAN'S ISLAND before they went with Dawn Wells. Imagine Raquel and Tina Louise working together.

by Anonymousreply 98August 29, 2018 2:01 PM

Raquel has some acting ability. She was good at pretending to be nice when she was a guest on Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 99August 29, 2018 2:37 PM

[quote]I also remember the bad press she got when she showed up at her son’s wedding in a tight, low-cut dress and movie-star hat.

Wasn't that Sophia Loren?

by Anonymousreply 100August 29, 2018 3:17 PM

Maybe Sophia Loren did, too, R100, but Raquel Welch definitely did!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 29, 2018 3:25 PM

R101 the bride doesn't look very happy.

by Anonymousreply 102August 29, 2018 3:32 PM

She looks even more unhappy in other photos, R102!

by Anonymousreply 103August 29, 2018 3:33 PM

I had to look it up. This is awesome. Look at how she's grasping his arm, like hands off my boy whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 29, 2018 3:58 PM

Wearing a dress like that to a wedding. What an attention hungry tramp.

by Anonymousreply 105August 29, 2018 5:51 PM

And now she's getting close to 80 and more than likely held together by nothing but plastic, glue, and wires. It's all going to fall apart one day soon. I doubt she'll be so pompous then.

by Anonymousreply 106August 29, 2018 6:09 PM

Bride does not look amused!

by Anonymousreply 107August 31, 2018 5:35 AM

R49 It was discussed here at the time that it happened. What that blurb is omitting is that he was facing a playground when he did it.

by Anonymousreply 108August 31, 2018 6:46 AM

Entrance is around the 9:00 mark.

Looks like she got her way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 31, 2018 6:47 AM

Can't really blame Raquel, she was trying to look after her image and career. Raquel was 40 yrs old when she did that episode. She looked great, but standing next to two 20-year-olds makes it tough to pull off.

by Anonymousreply 110August 31, 2018 7:13 AM

She's not that great in it. Nor was she in anything, come to think of it.

by Anonymousreply 111August 31, 2018 7:21 AM

Really R111?

Golden Globes: 2 Nominations, 1 Win

by Anonymousreply 112August 31, 2018 7:52 AM

[quote] Nor was she in anything, come to think of it.

I wouldn't say that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 31, 2018 8:01 AM

my friend was at a party and robin Williams dropped his plate of coke, and dropped to his knees and huddled on the carpet like a dog lappin up all the coke. guests were appalled. he had that hyper comic routine cause he was a huge coke freek, don't ev body know that???

by Anonymousreply 114August 31, 2018 8:17 AM

Many stories about what a cunt Welch is, 2nd only to Dunaway in hatefulness.... These days, its shocking to see her in person, looks scarey old hideous: 3 inches of makeup and face taped up to be 'young'....

by Anonymousreply 115August 31, 2018 8:18 AM

Spelling, punctuation and grammar, R114!

by Anonymousreply 116August 31, 2018 8:32 AM

Pam Dawber was seriously cute! Mark Harmon has excellent taste. Very happy for them both.

by Anonymousreply 117August 31, 2018 8:34 AM

Their sons are exceedingly good-looking as well, though how could it be otherwise with such attractive parents? They all seem like good people.

by Anonymousreply 118August 31, 2018 8:36 AM

Really interesting article.

It really was a nice show in its first year or so, and it was suddenly EVERYWHERE and then, pfft. Interesting to learn why.

by Anonymousreply 119August 31, 2018 8:47 AM

I have a whole bunch of Pam Dawbers in an old Crown Royal bag.

by Anonymousreply 120August 31, 2018 8:53 AM

but all the gay mark harmon storys….

she just his breedin wife?

by Anonymousreply 121August 31, 2018 12:02 PM

[quote] These days, its shocking to see her in person, looks scarey old hideous: 3 inches of makeup and face taped up to be 'young'....

If you think this is a "hideous" 77 year old?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 31, 2018 1:57 PM

It was really funny the first year. Second year was bad and as it got worse they tried to get the ratings up. The whole Jonathan Winters as their child was horrible. As a teenager I just thought it was disgusting. And not funny.

by Anonymousreply 123August 31, 2018 3:19 PM

And, that’s why Raquel doesn’t have a career.

by Anonymousreply 124August 31, 2018 3:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!