Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Donut vs. Bagel: Which tastes better and is bigger?

Which is bigger? I haven't eaten either in a while, but I am under the impression that it is the donut. Also, I like chocolate covered donut the best.

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2021 12:13 AM

Bagel taste better. I've seen bagels bigger than donuts.

by Anonymousreply 1October 30, 2015 9:23 PM

Bagels tend towards the savory, donuts to the sweet.

by Anonymousreply 2October 30, 2015 9:24 PM

If bagels are bigger than doughnuts, they're not the original recipe.

by Anonymousreply 3October 30, 2015 11:27 PM

Chocolate covered donuts would be dangerous for you, because if you get the chocolate all over the textbook , it makes it very difficult to resell.

by Anonymousreply 4October 30, 2015 11:58 PM

R3 is right. Authentic bagels should be no bigger than a donut. Nowadays bagels have become large and soft to appeal to the masses. High gluten flour was used in the past. That gave the bagel its hard crusty exterior and chewy interior. In most cases now bagels have sugar added to them. It is so difficult to find an authentic style bagel anymore. Does anyone in NYC know where to find a good old style bagel?

by Anonymousreply 5October 31, 2015 1:09 AM

No, R5 but if you ask OP he may be able to find you a good old book for resale.

by Anonymousreply 6October 31, 2015 1:16 AM

R1, you've seen a bagel bigger than this??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 31, 2015 1:20 AM

Round-rock "Texas-sized" donut compared to a normal donut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 31, 2015 1:35 AM

In the land of PMBTs, bagels as well as donuts can be sweet. Some Canadian bagels aren't as big as U.S. bagels, meaning that a bagel in some places may not be as big as a donut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 31, 2015 1:36 AM

The best way to eat a round-rock donut:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 31, 2015 1:37 AM

Baget with lox and cream cheese.

by Anonymousreply 11October 31, 2015 5:44 AM

I don’t bother with bagels since leaving NYC. They’re just not good in the rest of the US.

by Anonymousreply 12July 2, 2021 6:44 PM

The bagle or sabotge was the far superior 2015 bagel thread. Defacto has no taste. But we knew that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 2, 2021 6:49 PM

Either way, they are golden tickets to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.

Nice knowing you, Augustus GloOP.

by Anonymousreply 14July 2, 2021 6:54 PM

If you’re in NYC bagel, anywhere else donut.

by Anonymousreply 15July 2, 2021 6:58 PM

My grandfather was a native New Yorker. Before he died, he said the bagels in New York weren’t as good as they used to be because the consistency of the water has changed.

by Anonymousreply 16July 2, 2021 6:59 PM

the bagle tastes better than sabotge

by Anonymousreply 17July 2, 2021 7:01 PM

Dachshunds vs. Beagle

by Anonymousreply 18July 2, 2021 7:31 PM

What do you eat, R14? I'm assuming you have a figure like Kate Moss?

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2021 12:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!