Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ken Wahl's Wikipedia

[quote]All Movie Guide says Wahl was born Anthony Calzaretta on October 31, 1954 in Chicago, Illinois. However, a Newspaper Enterprise Association syndicated article in 1988, citing records checked by the CBS publicist for Wahl's television series Wiseguy, gave February 14, 1957, a date that coincided with that of his high school graduation: "A call to Bremen High School in the Chicago suburb of Midlothian reveals Wahl graduated from there in June 1975, presumably at age 18."

Kind of an odd entry, with no recent pics. He is (was) hot, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2021 10:47 AM

Ken is Italian and German isn't he? His salsiccia/Schlange is so desired that he was fucking both Barbi Twins at the same time. He married one and had the other as his side piece.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2014 10:05 PM

Why didn't he marry both?

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2014 12:32 AM

Bette, on Jinxed and Ken Wahl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2014 12:49 AM

I remember when Wiseguy was hot here in Europe Wahl was invited to visit. He came with some buddies of his and kept drinking and acting like an asshole the whole trip. I sort of lost all my interest in him then. But he was so hot in Wiseguy. The first season's homoerotic friendship with that mob dude was unbelievable. "Nights in white satin, never reaching the end..."

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2014 1:13 AM

If they know that's his real (Calzaretta) can't they verify his birth date? Birth records are public, right?

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2014 1:30 AM

He had one nice, big fucking ass and a big, ever-present VPL in tight jeans on WG. I remember being a young kid with mouth-agape at this hot, sweaty scene where he fucks Patti D'Arbanville.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2014 1:38 AM

He seems like a Tea Party nut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2014 1:39 AM

Hot to death on Wiseguy.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2014 4:09 AM

I remember him wearing sweats on WG, he looked pretty hung and back then he was hawt

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2014 4:46 AM

...except that she says absolutely nothing about Ken Wahl in that clip, r3...

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2014 12:11 PM

He hasn't been hot in 15 years. It's the booze and coke.

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2014 1:03 AM

I first discovered him exactly 20 years ago, when my mom's boyfriend (now husband) dropped off a bunch of old VHS tapes and in it was the movie THE WANDERERS. He really was sex on a stick!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2014 1:19 AM

Chris Noth once had a similar appeal.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2014 1:46 AM

Can't find a photo taken of him in the last 20 years or so. He's like Howard Hughes.

He sure was hot in "Jinxed!", though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2021 9:02 AM

Homophobic and racist POS.

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2021 11:26 AM

I was (am) obsessed with him, so I did a deep dive into his background. The Anthony Calzaretta thing is completely made up. His parents are Raymond Wahl and Nancy Halper. They were married in Chicago on 14 Nov 1956. I still haven't found his real birth date, he has used many different ones. He also managed to stay out of all his high school yearbooks, the best I can tell. The Wahls are German and the Halpers were from Orallas, Hungary, which is now in Austria.

by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2021 5:54 PM

R16 Wow- good job! That's the best post I've seen on DL in about 5 years, lol! What is the deal with the secrecy? Was his family in Witness Protection? I wonder if he's got any Italian blood on his mom or dad's maternal side of the family? Calzaretti may be a grandmother's maiden name.

R6 R9 R12 I've only seen The Wanderers on fuzzy VHS, and I've wondered if you can actually see Ken's dick more clearly (or, at all) on the blu-ray, in that final bridge shot after the gang leaves them there with the rocks ties to their dicks.

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2021 4:23 AM

The Barbie sisters are fucking crazy and deathly eating disordered. How sick if he sleeps with both of them.

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2021 4:27 AM

R18 The twins are kinda creepy, but I don't think he sleeps with both of them. He's married to Shane and they renewed their vows several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 19May 18, 2021 4:29 AM

I hear he weighs over 300 lbs now, so you won't be seeing any photos of him anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2021 5:44 AM

I was about to say he was hot until he got fat, which happened while he was still on WG

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2021 5:54 AM

Here's my collection of Ken Wahl caps - hope you enjoy (dat ass!).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2021 10:42 PM

I’m glad he doesn’t have the usual cube-shaped man’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2021 11:01 PM

R16 On Twitter, he said his "mama is Italian..." and that he got a lot of kraut-wop jokes growing up.

FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 24July 10, 2021 12:51 AM

Looks like a fag to me.

by Anonymousreply 25July 10, 2021 12:57 AM

R25 Wishful thinking?

by Anonymousreply 26July 10, 2021 1:08 AM

No, if the bitch is fat. And 60.

by Anonymousreply 27July 10, 2021 1:11 AM

His maternal grandparents were Leopold Halper (born in Hungary, now Austria) and Grace Ellen Yaeger (born in Illinois, parents born in Illinois). Yaeger doesn't sound very Italian, so I think he's making up the "I'm Italian" stuff. He has mentioned his grandmother Grace before.

by Anonymousreply 28July 10, 2021 1:17 AM

R28 No...Yaeger is definitely NOT Italian. ;-) Maybe there are some Nazis on mom's side of the family that he's trying to bury, lol. Otherwise, I don't know why he'd LIE to try to keep up the Vincenzo Terranova facade when he hasn't played the role in 25 years? WEIRD.

I have it on VERY good authority that the wife runs all his social media accts now, which explains why his posts have changed in the past several years. He got into a Twitter fight with Rosie O'Donnell about Bette Midler a while ago, and Rosie called him an asshole. Maybe the wife didn't like him getting involved in all that stuff and the put the kibosh on him posting himself. Or--he's started drinking heavily again and is too blotto to tweet. Hope not.

But the wife...she's a control-freak, I'm convinced.

by Anonymousreply 29July 10, 2021 1:54 AM

On Twitter, he's said that both the birthdates on Wiki are wrong. He also says he went to 5 different high schools in 3 years, in 4 different states.

by Anonymousreply 30July 10, 2021 4:17 AM

R16 Ken is divorced from Shane Barbi, and is now married to his grade-school sweetheart and mother of his 26-year old daughter, born out of wedlock.

Sweet story, really.

That's the main reason he rarely posts on social media anymore.

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2021 8:45 AM

If his daughter is 26 then he was almost certainly with Shane Barbi when he knocked his "grade school sweetheart" up. Yes, such a sweet story.

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2021 9:18 AM

[quote]He got into a Twitter fight with Rosie O'Donnell about Bette Midler a while ago, and Rosie called him an asshole.

I don't know why people on DL hate Rosie because I freakin' LOVE HER.

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2021 9:19 AM

Nothing a worse than someone changing his name to hide his ethnicity. He and Tony Bennett. Sellouts.

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2021 9:30 AM

R32 He wasn't married to Shane Barbi at that point. I don't even think they were dating yet.

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2021 9:35 AM

R34 His father is German. How did he change his name to hide his ethnicity?

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2021 9:36 AM

R35, he says he met Shane Barbi in 1996.

I can't find anything online about the 26yo daughter or the new wife, or even a divorce from Shane. But he was married to his second wife from 1993 to 1997, and then married third wife Shane in 1997, so there's no area in that time frame where he's single. He was married to someone else when he knocked this current wife up.

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2021 9:44 AM

R37 That 2nd "wife" (93-97) that is often reported is incorrect. Someone even asked him about it on Twitter once.

by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2021 9:59 AM

When Wahl was at his low point from drugs and alcohol his Penthouse Pet of the Year wife robbed him blind. After that divorce he got with Barbi and she got him clean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2021 10:00 AM

R39 He was robbed blind by the first wife. But Shane Barbi didn't "get him clean". He was still drinking according to the 2004 Entertainment Weekly interview.

Shane Barbi is no prize. She's a nut-job who prevented him from taking jobs and communicating with his friends and family.

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2021 10:05 AM

R37 I can't say who, but one of the four people I mentioned in R31 told me directly about the divorce, the new marriage and the daughter.

I'll leave it up to you to speculate who it was. Personally, I think it's wonderful that he's now married to the mother of his child.

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2021 10:09 AM

He was dating Lisa Melilli in 1994. Took her to a movie premiere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2021 10:13 AM

Having read several of Wahl's tweets and his website's extensive biography, I'm having a lot of trouble believing everything he's said. He doesn't seem to have the firmest grasp on the truth. There's also the fact that there's no public information about his alleged divorce.

r38, are you the one in the other thread who said they didn't believe the Bette Midler quote about Wahl saying stuff about "f*ggots" etc?

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2021 10:18 AM

R43 Well, I'll give you a hint...it wasn't Ken who told me about the divorce, so that leaves three. R41 R31

And no, I've never posted anything about Bette.

by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2021 10:22 AM

R43 Ken has a website?!

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2021 10:24 AM

The archived website that's used as a source in the Wikipedia article. I didn't clarify that earlier because this thread is called "Ken Wahl's Wikipedia" and guess I thought it was self-explanatory.

There's a long PDF biography from his old website that's linked in the section on Wikipedia that details his personal life.

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2021 10:27 AM

Is it true that Ken used to sell custom-made American flags on his website after 9/11?

by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2021 10:40 AM

R43 It's not that he doesn't have a firm grasp on the truth, it's just that Ken is infamously private, and had admitted to making up stories (fake birthdates, etc.) to deflect attention from his personal life.

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2021 10:45 AM

R46 I didn't know he was on The Tonight Show-- I wish I could see that interview.

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2021 10:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!