Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jason Priestley: A Memoir

It will be released this week. Will he dish about his "friendship" with Jann Wenner?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 15, 2020 12:53 AM

I hope an entire chapter at least is devoted to the bitchery of Shannon Doherty!

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2014 1:27 AM

He does dish on her. This is somewhat mild; there must be more in the book:

[quote]US Weekly got a look at a few excerpts, including one about Shannen Doherty that just confirms what we already know about the gentle, compassionate, empathetic actress who is loved by all who know her.

[quote]Doherty, who played Priestley's sister on "Beverly Hills, 90210," had a reputation of being a tad ... difficult at times. Priestly wrote about one of his first encounters with her in 1990, when Fox executives sent the pair via private jet on a last-minute trip to New York City for a meeting with advertisers.

[quote]"I could not believe my ears at Shannen's very first words after she boarded," Priestley wrote. "Her butt had barely hit her seat before she said loudly to the PR person, 'Really? A town car? You send a town car to take me to the airport, not a limo?' She sighed a very put-upon sigh. I laughed, as I couldn't really tell if Shannen was kidding or not."

[quote]Priestly continued, "But that was just the beginning. I looked on, becoming more uneasy by the minute as she began bitching about the short notice and the food on board and the temperature in the cabin and everything else."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2014 1:42 AM

OMG, this sounds wonderful. I hope the entire book is about Doherty.

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2014 2:56 AM

I wonder what he will say about Tori "Horseface" Spelling.

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2014 3:56 AM

Or Gabriele "Gabriel" Carteris.

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2014 4:04 AM

He spills about when he was roommates with Brad Pitt

Before he was half of Brangelina, Brad Pitt was a Bible-thumper.

In his self-titled new book, “Jason Priestley: A Memoir,” the former “Beverly Hills, 90210” star writes about his friendship with Pitt in the late ’80s and early ’90s, when both were struggling actors in Los Angeles. After a Christmas visit with his family in the Midwest in 1990, Pitt threw a small holiday party. All the guys exchanged bottles of booze — “except for our host,” writes Priestley. “Brad had returned from Missouri with a box of Bibles,” he writes. “There was one for each of us . . . Brad was so pleased with himself he could not stop smiling.”

Pitt, who had recently wrapped his role in “Thelma & Louise,” was carrying on a secret affair with co-star Geena Davis, Priestly writes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2014 4:47 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2014 5:06 AM

What are the odds that two roommates make it big in the business at right about the same time? Whose parties were they going to in tandem back then?

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2014 6:17 AM

Do you think Pitt and Priestley ever made out and sucked each other off while they were roommates?

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2014 6:23 AM

Did Luke Perry come over for a threesome?

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2014 6:26 AM

Does he write about his big dick?

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2014 4:00 PM

LOL, I love you R3

by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2014 4:05 PM

Not to derail, but wow, go Geena. Brad was at his absolute physical peak (IMO) around that time.

by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2014 4:13 PM

Shannen has responded by tweeting

"Memoirs are so funny. The truth is rarely told, after all, they are trying to sell a book," she tweeted after excerpt of Priestley's memoir emerged on the web.

But she has nothing but good words for him, "Jason is a great guy who I wish well and remember fondly." She also gave him a shout-out, "Hope you're doing great."

Jason Priestley himself insists he didn't mean to diss Doherty, "I do not 'unload' on Shannen in my memoir... Shannen's departure from the show was a sad event for me..." He replied her well wish with a similarly kind message, "You too Shannen. You know I've got nothing but love for you..."

by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2014 4:20 PM

Didn't Jason tell Howard Stern that he and Shannen slept together during the first season? He obviously didn't find her THAT loathsome. I also seem to recall Shannen saying the thing that really pissed Jason off was when she snuck into his trailer and looked at his driver's license to discover his real age, which he refused to divulge to anyone on set.

by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2014 4:22 PM

I always remember jason having a pretty nice bulge. Short dude with big dick I bet !!!

by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2014 4:30 PM

Shannen has always taken the high road when it comes to her work reputation. She never really trashes people, but I honestly believe every bad thing they say about her.

by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2014 4:38 PM

R7, I love that he said that about Mischa Barton. Years ago I read an interview with Tate Donovan. He was really pissed with Mischa and some other of the younger actors. It was supposed to be a surprise that Mischa's character was getting killed off and she ruined it by announcing it a few days before.

He also said that the show was actually a really good show to be on and he enjoyed working with the crew. He also said "some of the younger actors" on the show were really spoiled and ungrateful. That didn't want to be on tv anymore they wanted to go on to be big movie stars. They said, "this show is killing my film career". Of course conveniently forgetting that this show made their careers. Mischa also badmouthed the show in interviews and a radio interview months before her character was killed off

by Anonymousreply 18May 5, 2014 5:08 PM

R18 I love the adults on The OC - they were actually all really good actors and kind of made the show.

by Anonymousreply 19May 5, 2014 5:24 PM

R18 Melinda Clarke says much the same. Asked about the younger cast, she said that Chris Carmack was very sweet...then silence on the rest of the young ones.

For fans of Doherty gossip, this oral history of Heathers is a must!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 5, 2014 5:24 PM

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 21May 5, 2014 5:32 PM

I always forget that she was in "Heathers."

by Anonymousreply 22May 5, 2014 6:13 PM

Who's Misha Burton? Never heard of her.

Meanwhile, Jason Priestly will never lose his big desirable dick. lol

by Anonymousreply 23May 5, 2014 6:18 PM

The book cover looks like from when he was on Sister Kate.

by Anonymousreply 24May 5, 2014 8:34 PM

by Anonymousreply 25May 5, 2014 8:43 PM

[quote]Meanwhile, Jason Priestly will never lose his big desirable dick.

One of the downsides of reading Datalounge: this is the first time I've ever given any thought to whether Jason Priestley's "big desirable dick" might be -- ewwww -- uncircumcised.

by Anonymousreply 26May 5, 2014 8:51 PM

Bachelor pad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 5, 2014 8:56 PM

Oh grow up R26

by Anonymousreply 28May 5, 2014 9:00 PM

R26 is an intactdickophobe.Please haul your genital mutilation fetish elsewhere please...;)

by Anonymousreply 29May 5, 2014 9:04 PM

The only "oral history" I'm interested in is the one between Pitt and Priestley. An anal history is too much to hope for, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 30May 5, 2014 9:05 PM

What about me?

by Anonymousreply 31May 5, 2014 9:07 PM

by Anonymousreply 32May 5, 2014 9:10 PM

Isn't this the same person who was bitching and moaning over his wedding invitation being hawked at a garage sale? And apparently too clueless to realize that once you give it to someone else, it's THEIR property and they are free to do what they want with it.

Oh, but it's okay for him to talk shit about others as long as he's reaping the final benefits?

by Anonymousreply 33May 5, 2014 9:25 PM

Ginch G😜nch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 5, 2014 9:32 PM

I am getting this book this week!

by Anonymousreply 35May 5, 2014 9:34 PM

Um, not quite sure what this is. But if I were the guy in the vest, my dick would've been rock hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 5, 2014 9:43 PM

R36, that's from his Canadian show "Call Me Fitz".

Priestley's butt and VPL in jeans on 90210 made me constantly horny.

by Anonymousreply 37May 5, 2014 9:52 PM

Big 9" ditto on that, R36!

by Anonymousreply 38May 5, 2014 9:57 PM

" He also said "some of the younger actors" on the show were really spoiled and ungrateful. That didn't want to be on tv anymore they wanted to go on to be big movie stars."

Ben McKenzie is the only one with a career, and he had to settle for TV.

by Anonymousreply 39May 5, 2014 10:10 PM

I remember when Shannen left the show, the whole cast were on ET acting as if they were glad she was gone.

by Anonymousreply 40May 5, 2014 10:14 PM

Really, R39?

by Anonymousreply 41May 5, 2014 10:15 PM

Stop derailing the thread with this OC shit.

by Anonymousreply 42May 5, 2014 10:19 PM

r19, Kelly Rowan is a good actor?

by Anonymousreply 43May 5, 2014 10:30 PM

R43 I've never seen her in anything else, but I thought she was very good on the show. You didn't?

by Anonymousreply 44May 5, 2014 10:34 PM

I, too, wonder if Jason will talk about how he slept with Shannen in season 1. I kinda doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 45May 5, 2014 10:38 PM

I used to sleep with my onscreen sister for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 46May 5, 2014 11:07 PM

What does Jason say about Shannen?

by Anonymousreply 47May 5, 2014 11:43 PM

"I also seem to recall Shannen saying the thing that really pissed Jason off was when she snuck into his trailer and looked at his driver's license to discover his real age, which he refused to divulge to anyone on set."

Did she say what his motivation for not divulging his age was? Did he want the rest of the cast to think he was older than he really was, or younger? Since he was only 21 (apparently) when the show started airing, that seems pretty young to start getting infected with the Hollywood paranoia that causes people to lie about their age to seem younger - unless he had been a faithful viewer of ALL ABOUT EVE and SUNSET BOULEVARD, absorbed their lessons about the fate of aging stars, and had the long-range view that shaving a couple of years off from the beginning would serve him in good stead later.

by Anonymousreply 48May 6, 2014 1:24 AM

Who are the other people in that pic, r27? Who's the midget next to Pitt? Who's the guy with the AC Slater mullet holding the beer up?

by Anonymousreply 49May 6, 2014 3:51 AM

The Priestley bulge:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 6, 2014 4:01 AM

Shannen Doherty's scraps with other cast members sometimes got as much attention as 90210's plotlines:

Jennie Garth: She and Doherty held up a photo shoot battling over a red dress. "They competed over wardrobe, over everything," recalls castmate Joe E. Tata (Nat). "It was unbelievable."

Jason Priestley: Doherty snuck into his dressing room, peeked at his driver's license, then announced his age. Priestley "turned bright red, grabbed her by the neck and wrestled her to the ground," says Ziering.

Ian Ziering: After damaging one of 90210's Corvettes during a joyride, Doherty let Ziering take the blame. "I think she was creating what she wanted to be—the bad girl," says Tata. "And we're still talking about her, aren't we?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 6, 2014 6:48 PM

Why would JP be embarrassed by his age back then? 21 is a cool age to be, especially when you're young. Now, Gabs, on the other hand, should've been the one embarrassed by her age.

by Anonymousreply 52May 6, 2014 10:53 PM

When the O.C. Adults bitched about the O.C. Kids, where did Ben McKenzie fall? He was 25 in the first season.

by Anonymousreply 53May 7, 2014 1:49 AM

Gab Car didn't care too much for Shannen, as she was the only 90210 cast member not invited to her wedding.

by Anonymousreply 54May 7, 2014 1:53 AM

[quote] Now, Gabs, on the other hand, should've been the one embarrassed by her age.

That's why she took great pains to hide her AARP membership card.

by Anonymousreply 55May 7, 2014 1:55 AM

Does JP go into his relationship with monotone-voiced Christine "Emily Valentine" Elise?

by Anonymousreply 56May 7, 2014 1:56 AM

by Anonymousreply 57May 7, 2014 1:59 AM

[quote]It must have been really hard for Gabrielle - the only chick on that set that none of the guys wanted to fuck.

Not so fast ...

by Anonymousreply 58May 7, 2014 2:00 AM

A Jason Priestly memoir? Is this really necessary? Can't wait to read the chapter about his stint on "Sister Kate"

by Anonymousreply 59May 7, 2014 2:06 AM

I remember that show R59. I always wondered if Priestly got Stephanie Beacham the gig as Dylan's mother on 90210 since they both worked together on it. I remember Milli Vanilli guess starred.

by Anonymousreply 60May 7, 2014 2:20 AM

You're so right R57. She used to be so jealous when I could barely walk from my trailer to the set.

by Anonymousreply 61May 7, 2014 2:31 AM

I guess starred on WHAT'S MY LINE? You know, because you have to guess who the star is...

by Anonymousreply 62May 7, 2014 2:36 AM

I wish someone would write a 90210 oral history like that SNL book.

by Anonymousreply 63May 7, 2014 2:42 AM

by Anonymousreply 64May 7, 2014 2:42 AM

Does he talk about the making of CALENDAR GIRL? I remember when it was released in fall 1993, Entertainment Tonight was promoting it and interviewed Jason, who confirmed that it was a real nude beach and the extras were real nudists and that he was completely nude. When the director yelled "Cut!" someone from the crew would rush over with a robe for him to put on in between takes. I've never been able to find that interview anywhere online. It was hot hearing talk about being nude. At the time, he was was known mostly for Brandon Walsh and it was unbelievable to me as a 13-year-old baby gay that Brandon would be nude.

Anyhoo, I also want to know why he didn't wear a modesty patch? You see his bid dong bouncing up and down in some frames.

by Anonymousreply 65May 7, 2014 2:44 AM

How can you write an oral history?

by Anonymousreply 66May 7, 2014 2:45 AM

You hold the pen in your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 67May 7, 2014 2:47 AM

Does her ride Tori into the sunset on the last page?

by Anonymousreply 68May 7, 2014 2:49 AM

A few years ago, there was an interview with one of the producers of 90210. He said that Shannen would show up to the set from a night of partying and would still know every word of her script and be able to nail her scenes. Even though she was a big pain in the ass, the producers wanted to keep her, but she did 2 things that sealed her fate: (1) introduced Tori Spelling to Nick Savalas, and (2) cut her hair during the middle of an episode, which fucked up the continuity and caused a massive headache and reshoots and rewriting.

by Anonymousreply 69May 7, 2014 2:55 AM

[quote]Now, Gabs, on the other hand, should've been the one embarrassed by her age.

Says who?

by Anonymousreply 70May 7, 2014 3:06 AM

[quote] Chris Pratt on Emily Van Camp

Honey, EVERYONE has been on Emily Van Camp.

by Anonymousreply 71May 7, 2014 3:12 AM

R69, I read that interview too.

by Anonymousreply 72May 7, 2014 3:16 AM

R68, what did Nick Savalas have to do with 90210 and Shannen's work ethic?

by Anonymousreply 73May 7, 2014 3:36 AM

R73, I don't think Aaron Spelling liked that Shannen introduced his daughter to the man who beat her.

by Anonymousreply 74May 7, 2014 3:37 AM

R58 you made me laugh.

Didn't Luke Perry and Jason both do Shannen during the first season? I remember Luke Perry was best friends with one of the Arquette clan. Alexis I think. I also heard from a very good source that Perry was a rent boy and Elton John had him. Saw him when he was on stage in London. Scrawny body. Massive forehead.

The Brad Pitt connection is such a great revelation. I might have to buy this book.

by Anonymousreply 75May 7, 2014 10:29 AM

Luke Perry is uncut. It would only make sense that Jason is also.

by Anonymousreply 76May 7, 2014 12:46 PM

[quote]Ben McKenzie is the only one with a career, and he had to settle for TV.

Uh, Adam Brody just had a movie come out with Jean Claude-Van-Damn.

by Anonymousreply 77May 7, 2014 12:47 PM

It never made sense to me that Luke Perry was the breakout star of that show and got the most attention as a sex symbol. While he was certainly attractive, I really didn't think he was anything special, whereas I always thought Priestley was exquisitely beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 78May 7, 2014 4:45 PM

Was Tori with Nick Savalas before or after Donna Martin was in an abusive relationship with Ray Pruitt? Jamie Walters has said in interviews that playing that character killed his career.

by Anonymousreply 79May 7, 2014 4:55 PM

I loved the TV show Grosse Pointe, which was about the cast of 90210.

by Anonymousreply 80May 7, 2014 5:03 PM

That was a mystery to me too, R78. Priestley had it all over Perry--the eyes, the lips, the round butt and hefty bulge. I guess the bad boy persona of the Dylan character struck a chord with the female population.

by Anonymousreply 81May 7, 2014 5:31 PM

[quote]Was Tori with Nick Savalas before or after Donna Martin was in an abusive relationship with Ray Pruitt?

In between. Tori and Savalas dated from 1993-1995, and Jamie Wlaters was on 90210 from 1994-1996.

[quote]Jamie Walters has said in interviews that playing that character killed his career.

How so? He asked to be written out of the show so he could focuse 100% on his music career, which went nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 82May 7, 2014 9:06 PM

Jamie Walters now:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 7, 2014 9:19 PM

So, who all owned the Jamie Walters CD?

by Anonymousreply 84May 7, 2014 9:32 PM

[quote]He asked to be written out of the show so he could focuse 100% on his music career, which went nowhere.

In that interview with the 90210 producer, he said that Spelling made them fire Jamie Walters because fans were calling Donna "stupid" for being with his character.

by Anonymousreply 85May 7, 2014 9:40 PM

I'll always remember the ad Jason shot for pepe jeans shot by Herb Ritts. We viewed that black and white ad in an advertising class. His eyes were just amazing.

by Anonymousreply 86May 7, 2014 9:51 PM

R79, I had the "How Do You Talk To An Angel" single from the TV show THE HEIGHTS, which I played ad nauseam. Does that count?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 7, 2014 10:10 PM

I remember Jamie Walters had one good song on that whole CD. Thank God the days of buying a CD for ONE song are ovah.

by Anonymousreply 88May 7, 2014 10:31 PM

[quote]How so? He asked to be written out of the show so he could focuse 100% on his music career, which went nowhere.

Everyone got his jerko character mixed up with the real him, which hurt his record sales.

by Anonymousreply 89May 7, 2014 11:15 PM

R85:

[quote]F'Ocuse!!!

by Anonymousreply 90May 7, 2014 11:29 PM

Here's the interview with the producer. A lot of really good stuff in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 8, 2014 12:11 AM

I know it's borderline sacrilegious to say but he really did look like a young Paul Newman. Of course, he didn't age as well, but who did?

Although the first season he looked pretty fey with the mullet. But after that he looked great.

Totally forgot about Pepe jeans til someone mentioned yet.

by Anonymousreply 92May 8, 2014 2:31 AM

R83 Goodness, he didn't age well.

by Anonymousreply 93May 8, 2014 2:35 AM

Pepe!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 8, 2014 3:09 AM

Thanks for posting the interview R91. Great stuff!

by Anonymousreply 95May 8, 2014 4:20 AM

Wonder if he said anything about Love and Death on Long Island?

by Anonymousreply 96May 8, 2014 4:41 AM

Brandon was the worst.

by Anonymousreply 97May 8, 2014 4:50 AM

Ugh, Jamie Walters has become a tattoo freak. Too bad, he used to be so sexy.

I really loath the tattoo generation.

by Anonymousreply 98May 8, 2014 4:51 AM

R91 - agreed, thanks for that great interview.

Interesting take on Shannen - actually, the more I read about her, the more she sounds like Sarah Michelle Gellar - except she partied more. Not surprised that they are friends,

by Anonymousreply 99May 8, 2014 4:51 AM

Shannon is no dummy, she invested well. She owns at least two Roche Bobois franchises, Scottsdale and Seattle I believe.

by Anonymousreply 100May 8, 2014 5:11 AM

Um, Shannen has been in financial trouble numerous times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 8, 2014 5:11 PM

He's on WWHL with Ricki Lake as I type. They're making fun of Gab Car's age, and Jason said that the most homoerotic thing that ever happened when he roomed with Brad Pitt was that their third roommate had a penis pump and he would be in the bathroom using it all the time and he and Brad would be listening to the roomie using it and going "WTF??"

by Anonymousreply 102May 9, 2014 3:20 AM

Jason's a very likeable guy.

by Anonymousreply 103May 9, 2014 5:48 AM

R77 Adam Brody also won an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 104November 8, 2014 12:41 AM

I took out the book from my library and started to read it, but had to quickly put it down. First of lal, his self-importance was off-putting. At the beginning, he kept going on about what a historic, iconic show 90210 was and how equally iconic Brandon Walsh was. Blah, blah, blah.

But I was most disappointed with the CALENDAR GIRL entry. It was only one page and it was mostly about pre-production and how he was given three projects (CG being one of them) and he had to choose wisely. Blah, blah, blah. But he never discussed the nude scene. Since he was so candid and explicit about the other stuff (i.e. cast fights), I thought he would mention his first nude scene and if it was difficult. But nothing at all. Just that he was offered three movies, the agonized his decision, and that the film was not a hit.

by Anonymousreply 105November 8, 2014 12:45 AM

OP, he's not going to talk about Jan Wenner or any other couch auditions.

by Anonymousreply 106November 8, 2014 12:45 AM

How much does he talk about the 90210 cast?

by Anonymousreply 107November 8, 2014 4:29 AM

R2 Lol. Shannen is such a Queen <3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 15, 2020 12:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!