Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ana-Alicia

We've yet to discuss her thoroughly. Why did she go by that bizarre name? Why not call herself Alicia Ortiz or Ana Ortiz or even Ana-Alicia Ortiz?

My favorite moment in Falcon Crest ever was when Melissa lost her mind and jumped up and down on her bed holding a carving knife to her face, shouting "I'm Queen of The Tuscany Valley!" as Lance and little Joseph looked on in horror.

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2018 6:01 PM

[quote]We've yet to discuss her thoroughly. Why did she go by that bizarre name? Why not call herself Alicia Ortiz or Ana Ortiz or even Ana-Alicia Ortiz?

Yeah! What a weirdo!

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2014 8:50 PM

Perhaps there was already an Ana Ortiz or Alicia Ortiz registered with SAG? Or perhaps she thought - probably rightly - that by using Ana Alicia (the hyphen came later), it might open more doors than would Ortiz; it is worth noting that her character, Melissa Agretti, was Italian-American.

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2014 8:58 PM

Hated when FC killed off Melissa and brought on Kristian Alfonso's awful character.

by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2014 9:03 PM

I always thought of her as Anal-Alicia.

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2014 9:33 PM

What happened to her? I heard she had an accident where she went through a sliding glass door. Was she drunk, did someone push her or was it a freak accident?

by Anonymousreply 5April 25, 2014 10:25 PM

r5, according to Wikipedia, she got married in 1994 and moved back to her home town of El Paso, TX, to raise her 2 children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 25, 2014 11:38 PM

Lance comes back from his date with Chao Li's daughter and they see Angela, Stavros, Melissa and Stavros' son at the dinner table.

Chao Li's Daughter: We went into the city.

Melissa (all smiles, looking at Lance): Oh? Chinatown?

by Anonymousreply 7April 25, 2014 11:43 PM

One of the last people I still haven't met from the Halloween film series.

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2014 2:12 AM

God. No originality.

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2014 3:10 AM

Do me, R9--and I mean NOW!!

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2014 3:20 AM

Michael Myers plunged a syringe into her temple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2014 3:21 AM

I vaguely remember her. She didn't stick around long.

by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2014 11:10 AM

Ana-Alicia at the Paley Center "Falcon Crest" honors in 2010.

She says here she still wants to work. I hope to see her again. She wasn't the best actress but was fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 29, 2014 3:54 PM

Melissa goes batshit crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 29, 2014 3:55 PM

[R6] Actually, she still lives in the Los Angeles area with her husband Gary Benz who is a director and TV producer. He does a lot of documentaries for A&E and has produced series like "Untold Stories of the E.R." See the link below.

Seems like Ana-Alicia's career faded into oblivion after she got married and had kids. She's only made a couple of guest appearances on things like "Renegade" which starred Lorenzo Lamas.

Ana was also very smart, she went to law school for awhile.

She still looks great and she's very active in charity work for animal rights groups and the Humane Society.

Unfortunately, I think it's tough for a woman in her late 50s to get back into acting after such a long time, even though she still looks terrific.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 29, 2014 4:18 PM

Hopefully, it wasn't Benz who threw her through the glass door. That happened in 190, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 16April 29, 2014 4:26 PM

^1990

by Anonymousreply 17April 29, 2014 4:31 PM

I never heard she went through a glass door. What happened? I do recall that Della Reese was injured when she accidentally walked through the glass door in her house.

by Anonymousreply 18April 29, 2014 4:45 PM

I used to know her. Reply 2 has it right:

"Or perhaps she thought - probably rightly - that by using Ana Alicia (the hyphen came later), it might open more doors than would Ortiz."

by Anonymousreply 19April 29, 2014 4:50 PM

To her nearest and dearest, she is known as "Sruprise Anal-Alicia."

by Anonymousreply 20April 29, 2014 4:56 PM

R18, her husband or boyfriend at the time (I've heard husband but there is no mention of a husband before 1994, which may be due to an annulment or her not wishing to have him named) threw her through a glass patio door.

I've never heard any more details than that. It happened after "Falcon Crest" so she wasn't in the public eye at all. I am glad she got through it because she must have been seriously injured at the time.

Anybody know more?

by Anonymousreply 21April 29, 2014 5:57 PM

That's what she gets for not selling me the Agretti harvest.

by Anonymousreply 22April 29, 2014 5:58 PM

[quote]We've yet to discuss her thoroughly.

It was at the top of my to-do list!

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2014 7:15 AM

Ana posted on social media she had a meeting/audition with the casting director at The Young and The Restless.

She could be Marissa's mother.

I think she's a solid actress; she made Melissa fun and unpredictable

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2016 10:04 PM

Her chosen name has given her eternal life as a crossword puzzle clue/answer.

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2016 11:09 PM

[quote] Ana-Alicia at the Paley Center "Falcon Crest" honors

What the fuck are the Paley Center "Falcon Crest" honors?

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2016 11:39 PM

She's no Ana Cani.

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2016 11:41 PM

I heard Ilene Kristen throw shade at Ana on a podcast a few years back. To be fair, she wasn't great on RH.

by Anonymousreply 28February 23, 2016 11:50 PM

don't know the context of the shade and I know Ilene to be nice; but, generally speaking, I HAVE seen lots of daytime stars trash night time stars because they have 'better' careers

but not always; what's better? To have one nighttime hit that will run 3 to 4 seasons and then never really work again?

Or to have a regular role on a daytime soap for 25?

by Anonymousreply 29February 25, 2016 11:19 PM

Wow, she REALLY has held up well. I hope she does get some work.

by Anonymousreply 30February 25, 2016 11:26 PM

Falcon Crest slid terribly in quality when they wrote Melissa out (and worse, killed her off). They realized that and tried to bring her back as another character, but it didn't work. Audiences wanted Melissa. The producers had severely underestimated her (or the character's) popularity.

by Anonymousreply 31February 25, 2016 11:46 PM

Beautiful girl isn't she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2018 5:45 PM

Did she ever ride Lorenzo Lamas' monster cock?

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2018 5:57 PM

r33 Ana's brother is in r32 at 1:45... Dick is HOT!

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2018 6:44 AM

She never sucked my cock.

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2018 5:21 PM

What an embarrassing name! It looks like ANAL-Alicia!

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2018 6:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!