Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The other Girl, Zosia Mamet

Zosia deserves our contempt more than Lena. Lena has some talent and charm; Zosia is an ugly, annoying, hatchet face who would be a bitchy receptionist if her father were not David Mamet. Plus, she has the most ridiculous breast implants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 3, 2021 11:41 PM

Her (half?) sister on "The Neighbors" is just as bad, if not worse.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2014 12:07 AM

Their half brother isn't so bad looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2014 12:32 AM

I was just thinking the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2014 12:32 AM

OMG -- is THAT how this fugly girl got work? She can't act and is hideous to look at.

In this case, nepotism had a very bad result.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2014 12:34 AM

Mamet has some toxic sperm

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2014 12:36 AM

Her mom is also Lindsey Crouse.

She is rather fug.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2014 12:42 AM

I saw some story yesterday on The 10 TV Characters We Most Want To See Killed Off. The character Marnie (Brian Williams' daughter) was one of them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2014 12:43 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2014 1:04 AM

Zosia has a hard, ugly face but I can think of no surgical procedure or enhancement that could help her or make her prettier.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2014 6:20 PM

Well cast as a lesbian on "Mad Men," however.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2014 6:28 PM

She bears a disquieting resemblance to Sarah Silverman.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2014 6:32 PM

No, Sarah is pretty and looks great to be in her early 40s.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2014 6:52 PM

So talentless she is painful to watch. It seems to be very hard for her not to look directly into the camera in her scenes in "Girls." Seems generally bewildered to find herself on a TV set.

Why are the male actors on that show (Adam Driver, Alex Karpovsky, former cast member Christopher Abbott) so much better than the women?

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2014 7:05 PM

Am I the only one who finds Adam Driver aggressively ugly as well? Sure, he has a fucking banging body, but that face is just, wow. Alex Karpovsky is quite homely as well, but I think that's also fitting with his character. Both of them are excellent actors.

Marnie, Elijah and the departed Chris Abbott are really the only good-looking people on the show. What an awkward way to have to explain Abbott's departure from the show, especially since last season ended with him and Marnie finally getting back together. Awkward.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2014 7:15 PM

Dun (Manatee Cow) Ham most certainly does NOT have charm.

Unless she's wearing it on a bracelet wrapped around one of her flippers.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2014 7:20 PM

Lena is overrated and sometimes obnoxious, but she and her character have some charming moments. But that Mamet girl is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2014 7:32 PM

Kill it with fire.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2014 7:42 PM

Zosia got raves in the Times in a play she was in I believe last summer which surprised me as she is soooooooo dreadful on Girls. She also was on Chelsea Handler last week and was not bad looking and was also very funny.

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2014 7:48 PM

[quote]Am I the only one who finds Adam Driver aggressively ugly as well? Sure, he has a fucking banging body, but that face is just, wow.

I find him both profoundly ugly and smolderingly hot at once.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2014 7:55 PM

She tried to raise money through Kickstarter for a vanity project - a music video for some hipster folk act consisting of her and her sister. Didn't go so well.

I can't stand any of the assholes on that show. Adam Driver can act, but not so well that I'm not distracted by that hideous face. The rest are ugly AND talent-free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2014 6:08 AM

That ugly trust fund brat is asking strangers to fund her hobby. Doesn't she get paid for Girls?

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2014 7:52 AM

What R10 said. She was good on Mad Men.

But I am sick of these Hollywood offspring getting work simply because of who they are, especially when they're really average performers with no special talent or looks.

by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2014 5:12 PM

I do believe that Zosia is the most hideous name I've ever heard.

by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2014 5:20 PM

Don't speak! If you speak, they will know you are simple! If they know you are simple, they will drown you in river!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2014 5:24 PM

I think we can safely say everyone on Girls is typecast.

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2014 2:15 PM

I continue to be baffled by people who think David Mamet is so important and powerful in the entertainment industry that he can get his daughter hired at his whim.

by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2014 2:28 PM

Have you seen/heard Zosia Mamet? Nepotism is the only thing that explains Hatchet Face's success.

by Anonymousreply 27January 16, 2014 2:45 PM

Zosia Mamet isn't the problem. The problem is Shoshanna, the worst character on television.

by Anonymousreply 28January 16, 2014 2:52 PM

Her boyfriend is hottie Evan Jonigkeit. Having seen his nude body in the terrible play, "High", she is one lucky girl

by Anonymousreply 29January 16, 2014 4:41 PM

How do you even pronounce Zosia? Like the Long Island Medium trying to pronounce "closure"?

by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2014 1:08 PM

x

by Anonymousreply 31February 14, 2015 8:11 PM

She's a lovely jew.

by Anonymousreply 32February 14, 2015 8:16 PM

"How do you even pronounce Zosia?"

Zah-sha

I've worked with both her parents.

by Anonymousreply 33February 14, 2015 8:18 PM

Who was her date at the Golden Globes? They were probably the ugliest couple on the red carpet. They both have faces like cave people.

by Anonymousreply 34February 14, 2015 8:21 PM

Sorry, here's the link again:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 14, 2015 8:22 PM

[quote] Zosia has a hard, ugly face but I can think of no surgical procedure or enhancement that could help her or make her prettier.

Start by thinning the eyebrows.

Then do something for the terrible misalignment of the jaw.

Consider caps for the teeth.

Nose job to give it some shape. Now it looks like dough.

Lots of makeup and a better hair colorist.

by Anonymousreply 36February 14, 2015 8:35 PM

She's prettier than the Willis girls.

by Anonymousreply 37February 14, 2015 8:41 PM

You people are all crazy. Not only was she great on Mad Men, but she's perfect on Girls too.

Girls gets more hate on this site than any other show and it is completely undeserving. It is often brilliantly written and marvelously acted. It offers stimulating and intriguing insights into a generation and can be both hilarious and heart-breaking. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't love it.

Zosia was very good in her play at the Lortel. She's a good actress and this bullshit about her not being pretty has to stop.

by Anonymousreply 38February 14, 2015 8:43 PM

She looks like Jessica Seinfeld.

BTW, the Seinfeld daughter is growing up to be a very pretty girl. She seems to have grabbed the best of both parents, thank God.

by Anonymousreply 39February 14, 2015 8:46 PM

r38 = David Mamet

by Anonymousreply 40February 14, 2015 8:47 PM

There's a best of Jerry and Jessica Seinfeld?

by Anonymousreply 41February 14, 2015 8:49 PM

Is everyone on the show the daughter of someone famous?

by Anonymousreply 42February 14, 2015 8:50 PM

[quote]They both have faces like cave people.

And you're experts on cave faces down in the Balkans, aren't you? Probably sporting one yourself.

Anyway, I love Zosia's role on Girls but I also really hate nepotism. So I'm still undecided on her.

by Anonymousreply 43February 14, 2015 8:53 PM

R35 She looks like Melissa Rivers in that photo (and that's not a compliment)

by Anonymousreply 44February 14, 2015 8:58 PM

This thread is too Jewish for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 45February 14, 2015 9:02 PM

This thread is too Asshole for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 46February 14, 2015 9:03 PM

She shoo is uglee!

by Anonymousreply 47February 14, 2015 9:22 PM

She could be the missing link. She is very primate-looking.

by Anonymousreply 48February 14, 2015 9:23 PM

She's an appalling actor in a terrible part. Shoshanna is a contrived character, meant to fill Lena's schematic of four girls of the same age in NY. She's the entitled, urban Jewish bitch, who, finally out of school and presumably no longer able to count on her divorced hate filled parents has to survive on the mean streets -- and can't.

I never feel there is anything authentic in the way her scenes are written and thus they are impossible to act. Her sister or half sister on Neighbors, also REALLY ugly (unibrow), was ironically in the same predicament.

Someone with tremendous skill, charisma or at least attractiveness to fall back on, wouldn't seem as off-putting as those two but also their scenes would still be unconvincing.

Shoshanna's arrogance and entitlement in the job interview scenes are nauseating but also unbelievable if she really needs a job. The mean way she dropped the guy who deflowered her -- presumably keeping his eyes tightly shut -- and then began stalking him is also nauseating but hard to believe. He's not good looking and is somewhat older but certainly has her beat on the sexual appeal scale.

I think she and Allison are the worst actors on the show though Allison really is pretty, and her clueless blandness (which may or may not be deliberate) fits a more plausible character. Jemima Kirke is rather like Lena herself, IMO, really off-putting, but such a car wreck it's hard to look away. I doubt she has much range or skill, but she can do what the part requires (and a lot of that is being obnoxious).

I think the guys are better. The only good looking regular is Andrew Rannells who makes the most of his scenes, but I agree with those above who think Adam is sexy in a "turn away but remember the dick" way.

I get a kick out of Lena who knows her limits and writes (makes the guest writers write) to her strengths. She can also summon up some pathos, surprisingly; the others cannot.

I don't find it surprising that Zosia is intelligent, well educated and may have writing talent, but the glory of being a writer is that one can remain unseen.

by Anonymousreply 49February 14, 2015 9:23 PM

If she were a boy she would actually make a cute, a bit nerdy-looking Jewish boy. But as a female she really is rather unattractive. She looks like mix of Carrie Fisher, Melissa Rivers and Sofia Coppola.

by Anonymousreply 50February 14, 2015 9:34 PM

R38 (Mr David Mamet or Ms. Lyndsey Crouse- Mamet)

I don't mind Zosia either and I am sadly, a HUGE Girls fan.

I read the threads here and I am always surprised by the level of hatred for this show.

I find it to be the quickest 30 minutes of television. Funny, charming, and pretty incisive.

Hell, even the reviews this year aren't that great, and I still find it excellent.

I think the sleeper actress/character of the show is the chick who plays Jessa. Yes another spoiled rich girl (daughter of some drummer) But I quite like her. She is a talented artist too. And I get the feeling she is a pretty cool chick in real life.

Zosia's character is the weakest in terms of writing, but I find her quite funny.

The weak link is Brian William's daughter, but Marnie is so fucking unlikeable and such a one dimensional bitch. I guess she does alright.

LOVE Elijah, but he is by far the most unrealistic, sitcommy character. Reminds me of Jack on W&G. But hell if he doesn't get some great lines.

by Anonymousreply 51February 14, 2015 9:37 PM

Just terrible even as a one-dimensional sitcom character. Every line is delivered exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 52February 15, 2015 3:55 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 19, 2015 11:43 PM

Shosh is entitled, but she's too much of a ding-dong to be truly mean. She's an effective character precisely [italic]because[/italic] she gets on your last nerve.

by Anonymousreply 54December 20, 2015 12:27 AM

I can't believe there are still people on this site who are surprised by the fact that 99% of people in Hollywood got where they are because of their connections. How many actors are truly "great" anymore? Very few. They're all there on the strength of who they know or were sired by.

by Anonymousreply 55December 20, 2015 12:44 AM

When is Girls coming back? I can't even remember what happened other than the ass eating.

by Anonymousreply 56December 20, 2015 12:49 AM

Peter Scolari's character (Hannah's father) came out as gay, R56.

by Anonymousreply 57December 20, 2015 4:20 AM

She's always looked too much like her mother for me to consider her atractive

by Anonymousreply 58December 20, 2015 4:41 AM

I've always had a tough time believing that Shosh would have anything to do with the other 3. She might regard them as interesting people to show off to her usual crew, but never bought that she was one of their good buddies.

I think the show purposely makes Mamet look bad, with the weird Princess Leia hairstyles, and that also doesn't fit her character.

by Anonymousreply 59December 20, 2015 5:08 AM

My god, you people are awful and pathetic. She does a fine job and is no more or less hideous than most of young Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 60December 20, 2015 5:39 AM

Hit 'ignore" R60 and you'll see that "you people" are two posters who have it in for Ms. Mamet

by Anonymousreply 61December 20, 2015 5:43 AM

Let's face it, if her last name were Jones she'd be selling you your christmas presents. Same for that appalling Williams girl. Girls is nothing if not a testament to the power of nepotism in Hollywood. Dunham had some hide whining that these talentless bitches are struggling to get work outside of her series.

by Anonymousreply 62December 20, 2015 6:14 AM

Indeed it's funny R55. A lot of actors and actresses do not have much talent at all, and this includes Zosia, Lena, and Evan Jonigkeit is an OK actor but he's better in plays than on TV or in movies. He's not Broadway material, and does better at small parts in plays.

by Anonymousreply 63December 20, 2015 6:18 PM

In May 2013, Zosia, and her sister, Clara, listed a project on the crowdfunding site, KickStarter, requesting $32,000 for a video of their song "Bleak Love". The Mamets were heavily criticised for this with articles highlighting the expense of the project, the gifts offered in return for money pledged (45 minute Skype call for $2,000 and a download of their album for $25) and the idea that the money would allow the sisters to spend more time together. After two of the eleven days allowed for money to be raised had passed, the project only reached 6% funding. After the 11 allocated days, less than $3,000 was raised.

by Anonymousreply 64December 20, 2015 6:20 PM

Are there any nudes of her BF Evan?

by Anonymousreply 65December 27, 2015 9:02 PM

[Quote]No, Sarah is pretty and looks great to be in her early 40s.

LOL!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 66December 27, 2015 9:15 PM

My eyes!!!! What is seen cannot be unseen!

by Anonymousreply 67December 27, 2015 9:16 PM

Is her BF Evan Jonigkeit really gay or bi and using her to pretend he's hetero/straight?

by Anonymousreply 68December 28, 2015 4:31 PM

Yes R68 it is super obvious.

Evan Jonigkeit and someone-not necessarily BS-involved in the making of the X-Men films, he's an okay stage actor but not that talented and his beard, er "wife" ZM and her dad are not so powerful they could automatically get him a role of a character in a Marvel action film, in TV shows they produce are involved in yes but not in a major film.

This queen pings to the end of the universe, if you can't see that your gaydar/bidar is broken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 3, 2021 11:32 PM

Lindsay Crouse is very photogenic AND a hell of an actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 3, 2021 11:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!