Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lee Marvin

Let's discuss Lee Marvin. A staple of films from the 1950's to the 1980's. He always seemed calm, cool, collected, and having the time of his life.

The Wild One, The Comancheros, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, The Killers, Cat Ballou, The Professionals, The Dirty Dozen, Paint Your Wagon, The Iceman Cometh, The Spikes Gang, The Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday, Dog Day, and The Delta Force. A lifelong smoker and drinker, he died too soon at the age of 63.

When I think of Lee Marvin, I always think of my grandfather, who told me "There are only three actors worth a damn: John Wayne, Charles Bronson, and Lee Marvin."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 27, 2024 6:30 PM

Lee Marvin vs. Derek Jeter?

by Anonymousreply 1April 27, 2024 2:07 PM

Steven Spielberg wanted to hire him as Quint in Jaws, Marvin said thank you but he'd rather just go fishing

by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2024 2:08 PM

BDF for sure

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2024 2:11 PM

I am 44 next month and he is out of my era- but holy shit. I have watched some interviews with him on Youtube and this guy was the COOLEST. Handsome, great voice, just a great man.

Totally liberal from what I read later...

Some people are just cool- That guy is the epitome.

by Anonymousreply 4April 27, 2024 2:13 PM

BDF? you mean BDE?

by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2024 2:15 PM

And "Big Dick Hands", my specialty signifier for size meat. Long fingers, long finger nail beds. His type is tall "skinny hung". Certainly long dick, thickness can not be expected but a welcome bonus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2024 2:16 PM

He WAS Lee Marvin!

by Anonymousreply 7April 27, 2024 2:16 PM

That's because he HAD A BIG DICK.

by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2024 2:17 PM

And he was uncut!

by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2024 2:18 PM

On top of Marvin, Bronson, and Wayne, my grandfather also liked Charlton Heston and Sean Connery.

He thought Richard Burton was a pretentious and sloppy drunk.

He also said Angie Dickinson was everything Elizabeth Taylor was not and that's why Angie is "leaps and bounds" about Taylor in acting and looks.

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2024 2:20 PM

Of my grandfather doesn't know any actors after 1980.

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2024 2:20 PM

"Of course, my grandfather doesn't know any actors after 1980" ****

by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2024 2:23 PM

I Was Born Under A Wandering Star

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2024 2:23 PM

"Here comes Lee Marvin! Thank God! He's always drunk and violent!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 27, 2024 3:04 PM

Lee presenting the Oscar to the absent Liz, a year after he won his for Cat Ballou. Has anyone ever opened an envelope cooler than this at the Academy Awards?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 27, 2024 3:21 PM

For r10’s dad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 27, 2024 3:29 PM

Unlike OP’s grandfather, Marvin knew his limitations. He could do seething rage, he could do steely determination, and he could do broad comedy. He could not emote.

So he passed on Quint.

by Anonymousreply 17April 27, 2024 3:38 PM

He was a Marine who won the Navy Cross at Iwo Jima and is buried at the Arlington National Cemetery, not common for an actor.

He’s not there because he was a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 18April 27, 2024 4:44 PM

He is there because of his big swinging cock!

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2024 5:01 PM

Point Blank is a really great movie. It was badly re-made in 1999 as Payback, one of a series of revenge-obsessed movies Mel Gibson made before he imploded.

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2024 5:33 PM

The Dirty Dozen is a favorite of mine, too.

So many good actors- Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson, John Casavettes, Robert Ryan, Jim Brown, George Kennedy, Telly Savalas, Clint Walker, Donald Sutherland, Richard Jaeckel, Ralph Meeker, Robert Weber, Trini Lopez, and Ernest Borgnine

by Anonymousreply 21April 27, 2024 5:39 PM

Saw John Boorman's metaphysical revenge film Point Blank on late night TV when I was in my teens and became a fan of Marvin and Boorman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 27, 2024 5:41 PM

The Dirty Dozen's entire cast has big dick energy

by Anonymousreply 23April 27, 2024 5:48 PM

Often confused with James Coburn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 27, 2024 5:54 PM

with Vivien Leigh in her last film Ship of Fools (1965)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 27, 2024 5:54 PM

James Coburn sexy as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 27, 2024 6:01 PM

Loved him in The Last of Sheila

by Anonymousreply 27April 27, 2024 6:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!