Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

South Dakota Governor Kristie Noem had to shoot her dog because it was “less than worthless” and “untrainable.”

South Dakota governor and Republican vice presidential contender Kristi Noem on Friday responded to a news report about a section of her forthcoming book where she describes killing her 14-month-old dog.

“We love animals, but tough decisions like this happen all the time on a farm,” she said in a post to X above a headline from The Guardian, which obtained a copy of Noem's upcoming book, “No Going Back.”

The Guardian's article describes a section of Noem's book, set for release next month, in which she recounted shooting her dog after deciding it was “less than worthless” and “untrainable.”

In her account, Noem grabbed her gun and led the dog, named Cricket, to a gravel pit.

“It was not a pleasant job, but it had to be done. And after it was over, I realized another unpleasant job needed to be done,” Noem wrote.

She then went on to kill a family goat, which she called “nasty and mean.” Noem also led the goat to a gravel pit, where she said her first shot wounded but did not kill the animal. She got another shell for her gun and killed the goat, according to the book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2024 1:50 PM

I told you all that she would be Trump's Vice-Presidential running mate.

She has just the right qualifications that he's looking for.

Cold. Mean. Ruthless.

by Anonymousreply 1April 27, 2024 5:43 AM

You're absolutely correct R1. She's perfect for the job.

She also looks the part.

by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2024 5:47 AM

Trump hates dogs and loves stories about shooting dogs. His tiny button mushroom is no doubt perked up

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2024 5:52 AM

My “worthless” and “untrainable” dog keeps me alive. This woman is a monster

by Anonymousreply 4April 27, 2024 5:53 AM

Where's Greg?

by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2024 5:54 AM

A day late and a dollar short,OP, almost LITERALLY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2024 6:08 AM

I don't think I've ever seen such a clueless OP miss 120+ posts about the same subject and keywords.

by Anonymousreply 7April 27, 2024 6:11 AM

When you search for threads, it doesn't come up. So shut the fuck up R7

by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2024 7:18 AM

Based on this, if she was VP, Trump would have a fatal “accident” within the first 60 days. She would trample all over him to be the first woman president/dictator.

by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2024 7:22 AM

Now I'm torn R9!

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2024 8:48 AM

[quote] Where's Greg?

On Cape Cod and about to go to the town compost facility and brush pile.

Where are you?

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2024 11:58 AM

The minute Corey needs the blue pill…. 🔫

by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2024 12:17 PM

It's like I Dream of Jeannie...

by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2024 12:34 PM

Did she at least eat the goat?

by Anonymousreply 14April 27, 2024 4:00 PM

[quote] Kristie Noem had to shoot her dog because it was “less than worthless” and “untrainable.”

Has anyone checked on her kids?

by Anonymousreply 15April 27, 2024 6:33 PM

R15 She didn’t kill her daughter after she failed the real estate appraiser exam. I would have thought that was enough to judge her on but no.

by Anonymousreply 16April 28, 2024 12:45 AM

R8: Well, that's weird....because when I typed "Noem" (just Noem, nothing else) in the search box, the other two threads (about killing the dog) appeared my results. I know it can be a little finicky, but c'mon now...

by Anonymousreply 17April 28, 2024 2:38 AM

[quote] South Dakota Governor Kristie Noem had to shoot herself because she is “less than worthless” and “untrainable.”

Fixed

by Anonymousreply 18April 28, 2024 2:57 AM

r8 It sure did, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 19April 28, 2024 2:59 AM

Republicans celebrate animal cruelty (see Mitt Romney's adventure from Boston to Buffalso with a dog in a crate on the roof)

by Anonymousreply 20April 28, 2024 3:12 AM

he bragged for years about the terrified dog soiling the roof with diarrhea

by Anonymousreply 21April 28, 2024 3:34 AM

Has Gail Collins worked this into a column yet?

by Anonymousreply 22April 28, 2024 3:56 AM

The Witch of Watertown 🧙‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 23April 28, 2024 4:15 AM

This furry bitch is more effective than the Barbie bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 30, 2024 2:06 AM

Hey Kristie: for your target practice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 30, 2024 2:48 AM

She really burned a lot of bridges…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 30, 2024 11:03 PM

What is it about republicans?! Cold, heartless, cruel, shallow.

by Anonymousreply 27April 30, 2024 11:18 PM

That stupid fucking cunt couldn't take the dog to a shelter? What a piece of human shit she is. I hope she gets torn to pieces by a pack of pit bulls.

by Anonymousreply 28April 30, 2024 11:24 PM

This is a wirehaired pointer puppy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2024 12:49 AM

Well R11 I am NOT in South Dakota, where you are from.... I hope you didn't vote for this nasty, psycho bitch.

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2024 1:46 PM

[quote] Well [R11] I am NOT in South Dakota, where you are from.... I hope you didn't vote for this nasty, psycho bitch.

Ah! It's the South Dakota troll.

This loser can't come up with anything better to harass me with than claiming I live in South Dakota.

[bold] L-O-S-E-R [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2024 2:59 PM

I might be a loser, but at least I am not SOUTH DAKOTAN, grog.

by Anonymousreply 32May 1, 2024 3:05 PM

[quote] I might be a loser, but at least I am not SOUTH DAKOTAN, grog.

Well, there you have it folks.

There's nothing more to be said—except that for anyone out here who is truly from South Dakota, I have never said one negative thing about the Mount Rushmore State.

by Anonymousreply 33May 1, 2024 3:35 PM

Both of those animals could have/should have been re-homed.

by Anonymousreply 34May 1, 2024 4:44 PM

Virtue signaling Grog?

You have denied hundreds of times being from the state south of North Dakota, shame on you! Embrace your people and stop pretending that you are from the East coast.

by Anonymousreply 35May 1, 2024 4:46 PM

We love animals when they do what we want:

by Anonymousreply 36May 1, 2024 6:53 PM

Do you think suburban white women are going to like this? No. That was Noem's whole purpose for Trump. He will pick someone else now.

by Anonymousreply 37May 1, 2024 7:01 PM

Well then, she has a lot in common with this poor dog. She's also less than worthless and untrainable.

by Anonymousreply 38May 1, 2024 7:14 PM

[quote] Virtue signaling Grog?

Yes, R35, that is correct. I am expressing a sentiment to show my good character, lest I am confused with the likes of you.

[quote] You have denied hundreds of times being from the state south of North Dakota, shame on you! Embrace your people and stop pretending that you are from the East coast.

Have you always been so eager to make yourself look bad, R35?

by Anonymousreply 39May 1, 2024 8:07 PM

Political Office For Dummies

Chapter 9 (the entire chapter follows)

“Don’t piss off the rescue groups . They never forget they never forgive,”

by Anonymousreply 40May 1, 2024 8:18 PM

Rep. refuses to condemn her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 1, 2024 8:48 PM

Two disgusting people argue over the story. The defender is the height of idiocy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 1, 2024 8:55 PM

It takes two years for a canine to settle down, but they can start to be trained from being only weeks old.

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2024 8:37 AM

I can't bear to watch it, r42. Who is more obnoxious?

by Anonymousreply 44May 2, 2024 9:54 AM

The guy basically defends it. Shes not convinced. Then they both talk about how people love their pets too much. Or at least I think so. I skipped around cause I didn't want to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 45May 2, 2024 10:00 AM

There is a name for these people who love their pets too much——voters.

by Anonymousreply 46May 2, 2024 12:17 PM

Noem on Hannity's show blames the " fake news" and urges people to buy her book:

[quote]“It was a hard decision and the reason it’s in the book is because this book is filled with tough, challenging decisions that I’ve had to make throughout my life, Noem told Sean Hanity in a damage control interview.

[quote]The book’s full title is: “Not Going Back: The Truth on What’s Wrong with Politics and How We Move America Forward.”

[quote]“Sean, you know how the fake news works. They leave out some or most of the facts of the story. They put the worst spin on it. That’s what’s happened in this case. I hope people really do buy this book...I make tough decisions.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2024 1:46 PM

You know who especially loves their pets too much? Borderlines! And they neither forgive nor forget.

by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2024 1:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!