Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

David Dastmalchian now non-binary

Tired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 29, 2024 8:12 PM

Huh, I thought he was out when he judged for Dragula.

by Anonymousreply 1April 27, 2024 12:10 AM

Interesting.

Showtime has been showing Last Voyage of the Demeter for the past few months, and it's on nearly every day.

He played the First Mate on the Demeter, and I had never seen him before, so I googled him, viewed his Instagram, etc.

Everything I read about him seemed perfectly boring, except that he had Vitiligo.

So this actually comes as a surprise. He just seemed like your average straight guy.

by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2024 2:44 AM

He's a former heroin addict.

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2024 2:46 AM

Davyd?

by Anonymousreply 4April 27, 2024 2:47 AM

THEY are, r3.

by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2024 2:47 AM

R3 I was JUST reading about that as you typed your response.

What a weird coincidence.

Here's an article where Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails interviews David.

It's really good, and David does in fact talk about his heroin addiction and how he beat it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2024 2:50 AM

Where did he say he is non-binary?

by Anonymousreply 7April 27, 2024 3:18 AM

I don’t think he’s nonbinary just because he wore a dress in a photo shoot. Brad Pitt did a whole photo shoot in dresses circa Fight Club and I don’t think anybody batted an eye

by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2024 3:18 AM

Who?

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2024 3:26 AM

We do. Because this is DL and we must speculate about the sexuality of men who are even halfway good looking.

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2024 3:28 AM

Halfway? I'm getting 33% from this one.

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2024 3:32 AM

The black nail polish reminds me of the emo bisexual guys I crushed on in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2024 3:37 AM

[quote] David Dastmalchian was born on July 21, 1975, in Allentown, Pennsylvania, to Priscilla and Hossein Dastmalchian. His father was an Iranian-American engineer who worked at engineering firm Black & Veatch. He has two sisters and a brother. His parents divorced, which he described as "tumultuous", and both remarried.

[quote] He was raised in Overland Park, Kansas, where he attended Shawnee Mission South High School from which he graduated in 1994, having been part of the drama club. He described growing up in the Kansas City metropolitan area as "very traditional in one sense, and a conservative community that also had a rad, fringe, artistic, progressive tribe of people who were finding connectivity through the arts and the culture of KC and the surrounding suburbs."

[quote] In his childhood, Dastmalchian developed vitiligo, for which he suffered ridicule from his peers. Consequently, he experienced depression throughout his childhood. Growing up, he enjoyed football, theater, and comics. He would mow lawns, saving money to buy comics. He studied at The Theatre School at DePaul University and graduated in 1999.

[quote] Prior to beginning his career as an actor, he dealt with a heroin addiction for five years. He wrote about his experiences in his screenplay, Animals, and continues to advocate for mental health and substance abuse treatment programs. Shortly after becoming sober, he worked at a seafood restaurant in Kansas City. He was also briefly a fisherman in Alaska.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2024 3:37 AM

Nobody knows who this is.

by Anonymousreply 14April 27, 2024 4:07 AM

R14 Of course we do.

by Anonymousreply 15April 27, 2024 4:11 AM

You can see all the photos here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 27, 2024 4:48 AM

How many dresses does he own? He's doing interviews with girly nail polish on.

by Anonymousreply 17April 27, 2024 6:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 27, 2024 7:45 AM

[quote]Where did he say he is non-binary?

He's not.

This is just the 'woke ' progressives (who currently run the U.S. media/entertainment industry and despise traditional masculinity) trying to push this so-called 'new masculinity' (i.e. feminized men) as the new normal.

But he looks ridiculous! America ain't buyin'.

I feel bad for the current male celebs, who are more or less forced to do these photoshoots or risk being called 'transphobic' and blacklisted.

They're going to be mocked so badly in a decade or two.

In fact, this whole ugly, pessimistic, 'woke' era is going to be fodder for future comedians.

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2024 8:21 AM

I think he's sexy.

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2024 4:53 PM

R20, I didn't think Dastmalchian was particularly attractive in The Last Voyage of the Demeter, but he was sexy in Late Night with the Devil. It was a good movie, too, and he gave a compelling performance. In real life, the painted nails and women's clothes are a total turn-off, though.

by Anonymousreply 21April 28, 2024 8:52 AM

He may have done some desperate things when he was an addict living on the streets.

by Anonymousreply 22April 28, 2024 9:15 AM

by Anonymousreply 23April 29, 2024 3:13 AM

I’m sure he knows all about dick.

by Anonymousreply 24April 29, 2024 3:42 AM

Quite beautiful man, especially in R18's pic. The girly nail polish wouldnt put me off for a moment

by Anonymousreply 25April 29, 2024 6:11 AM

Fake news

by Anonymousreply 26April 29, 2024 6:14 AM

Late Night With The Devil is worth watching, the concept makes it better than the usual horror films of late.

by Anonymousreply 27April 29, 2024 6:25 AM

I like exotic looking men.

by Anonymousreply 28April 29, 2024 8:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!