Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Seeing this ads all over Los Angeles

Gross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 27, 2024 7:46 PM

Where????

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2024 11:59 PM

HPV and herpes are still a thing, load takers. PReP can't save you from that!

by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2024 12:03 AM

Byron couldn’t have put it more eloquently.

by Anonymousreply 3April 27, 2024 12:03 AM

You're seeing San Francisco AIDS Foundation ads, all over Los Angeles?? Prove it. Name some locations.

by Anonymousreply 4April 27, 2024 12:03 AM

Makes me miss the old Zelda Rubinstein PSA's where she's telling some Chippendale's dancer looking fellow in a raincoat "now, don't forget your rubbers!"

by Anonymousreply 5April 27, 2024 12:12 AM

They could promote this drug without the "take a load" language. Jesus, the world has spiraled downward.

by Anonymousreply 6April 27, 2024 2:07 AM

I broke seven strands of pearls looking at that ad. I’m reactionary right now! Big pharma is staying out of my bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 7April 27, 2024 2:15 AM

That sign may be all over San Francisco, but it is not all over LA, you liar

by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2024 2:19 AM

What kind of troll doesn’t know the difference between SF and LA?

by Anonymousreply 9April 27, 2024 2:21 AM

The sex panic pest troll has returned to DL…may Op get spontaneous neurosyphilis.

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2024 2:23 AM

[quote]You're seeing San Francisco AIDS Foundation ads, all over Los Angeles?? Prove it. Name some locations

I can’t believe this is the fucking comeback. This is still gross if it appears in San Francisco.

Wear a fucking condom people.

by Anonymousreply 11April 27, 2024 2:24 AM

R6 Yeah. That is in such bad taste. 🤮Children will see it. 😱

by Anonymousreply 12April 27, 2024 2:28 AM

[quote] Wear a fucking condom people.

R11 condoms don’t protect against syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, crabs etc unless used for oral as well as anal, which nobody does lol.

I’m always surprised how uninformed your type of person is. Sexual health and protection is not fixed on one invention from last century, and no one method protects you from everything, it’s best to use what sort of strategies work best for the individual. Why would you be annoyed with people using doxypep (since it is a safe sex tool) versus condoms (another safe sex tool)??? Make it make sense.

by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2024 2:35 AM

Too base.

by Anonymousreply 14April 27, 2024 2:37 AM

[quote]HPV and herpes are still a thing, load takers. PReP can't save you from that!

[quote]Wear a fucking condom people.

You people are so tiresome. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 15April 27, 2024 2:40 AM

[quote]Make it your last load of the night.

So -- #51?

by Anonymousreply 16April 27, 2024 2:40 AM

Classy.

by Anonymousreply 17April 27, 2024 2:46 AM

Anyone who doesn’t know the difference between LA and SF has no right to any opinions on gay issues

by Anonymousreply 18April 27, 2024 2:47 AM

[quote]You people are so tiresome

Jesus it is like AIDS never happened to these people. Nearly a million people died.

“0h I’ll just take PREP”.

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2024 2:53 AM

Are you really that dumb? Tens of thousands of people with HiV related illnesses die annually —still, now. But not the ones getting medication.

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2024 2:58 AM

[quote] But not the ones getting medication

That is simply not true. Even if it were, i fail to see the wisdom of trading a random fuck for a lifetime of (not free or cheap) medication

[quote]HIV has been transformed from a deadly infection to a chronic disease for most individuals with access to antiretroviral therapy (ART) [1]. However, controlling the virus with ART does not eradicate the disease, and there are long-term harms of living with the virus in a latent stat

Knock yourself out, but do not sell the story that HIV is only annoying, PREP is the cure for everything, and that condoms are for pussies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 27, 2024 3:12 AM

Well, they know their audience.

Gotta speak to them in a language they understand.

by Anonymousreply 22April 27, 2024 3:20 AM

[quote]Jesus it is like AIDS never happened to these people. Nearly a million people died.

AIDS happened and thanks to a bunch of smart doctors and scientists there is a drug that can protect most sexually active people from getting AIDS. This is not 1982. Sexually active gay men who are not on PrEP are fools. Let me guess you're anti-science and an anti-vaxxer too, right?

by Anonymousreply 23April 27, 2024 3:21 AM

When AIDS II or drug-resistant gonorrhea emerges and decimates a few generations, historians will look back on these ads as ominous, like they did the rumblings about "delta virus" and "gay bowel syndrome" in the late '70s.

by Anonymousreply 24April 27, 2024 3:23 AM

“These ads” or “this ad”, OP.

by Anonymousreply 25April 27, 2024 3:24 AM

I like it. It's clever. And I don't give a shit if children see it. If they understand it they knew beforehand what it means. If they have to ask their parents, then parent.

by Anonymousreply 26April 27, 2024 3:24 AM

R24 untreated gonorrhea doesn’t kill people you fucking dickhead 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 27April 27, 2024 3:25 AM

Untreatable venereal diseases once did, you fucking dumbass R27.

by Anonymousreply 28April 27, 2024 3:27 AM

I’m anti science and anti vaccine because I want people to engage in safe sex???

I’m out.

by Anonymousreply 29April 27, 2024 3:27 AM

This is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 30April 27, 2024 3:27 AM

Well, we are one of the gay male-ist cities in the country. Targeted advertising, this is called.

by Anonymousreply 31April 27, 2024 3:28 AM

Kombucha Ass Fags are brewing AIDS 2.0: Supercharged!

by Anonymousreply 32April 27, 2024 3:28 AM

Ewww

by Anonymousreply 33April 27, 2024 3:28 AM

AIDS II: Drug-Resistant Virus Boogaloo

by Anonymousreply 34April 27, 2024 3:30 AM

i hate that your comment is funny R34 but here we are.

by Anonymousreply 35April 27, 2024 3:32 AM

You said drug resistant gonnorhea will “decimate a few generations” R28 not me. Nobody forced you. You losers can never own how stupid you sound when it’s pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 36April 27, 2024 3:32 AM

[quote] I’m anti science and anti vaccine because I want people to engage in safe sex???

I’m not who you were talking to, but you’re anti science becuase you’re denying safe sex R29 it’s very simple. PREP is a form of safe sex. It protects you against HIV.

by Anonymousreply 37April 27, 2024 3:34 AM

What do you think happened to people with gonorrhea before it was treatable? It could cause infertility and spread to the blood and various organs, leading to sepsis and death.

Experts have been warning for years that gonorrhea could totally drug-resistant. It is now resistant to multiple drugs, and there is only ONE left.

But keep taking those raw loads!

[quote]Gonorrhea has developed resistance to nearly all the antibiotics used for its treatment. We are currently down to one last recommended and effective class of antibiotics, cephalosporins, to treat this common infection. This is an urgent public health threat because gonorrhea control in the United States largely relies on our ability to successfully treat the infection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 27, 2024 3:37 AM

Close to your legs to married men.

by Anonymousreply 39April 27, 2024 3:40 AM

[quote] It could cause infertility and spread to the blood and various organs, leading to sepsis and death.

Almost anything CAN cause sepsis and death, gonorrhea getting so extreme that it would kill you is extremely rare, and wouldn’t be anywhere near “taking out whole generations” lol. Again, you people sound so fucking stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 27, 2024 3:41 AM

Doxy Pep sounds like an 1890s British prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 41April 27, 2024 3:43 AM

"Sexually active gay men who are not on PrEP are fools."

Well smell you, Mary. A lot of people having sex don't have jobs with cadillac insurance. Or any health insurance at all.

"PrEP costs without insurance can reach $22,000 to $30,000 a year."

by Anonymousreply 42April 27, 2024 3:50 AM

PrEP can easily be obtained for free and has been for years, R42.

Co-pay cards reduce the out-of-pocket cost to zero.

I was on Truvada for a few years before I realized I was never going to have sex again and gave up. Never paid a cent, didn't need insurance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 27, 2024 3:53 AM

To anyone looking for prep that doesn’t have insurance, you can buy generic prep over the internet for relatively cheap. Around $275 per year. Just takes a quick minute on google.

by Anonymousreply 44April 27, 2024 3:55 AM

I think it's effectively to the point.

by Anonymousreply 45April 27, 2024 4:00 AM

did you read the website?

[quote] PrEP can easily be obtained for free and has been for years

It states right on it that the coupon is only available to people with insurance already..

by Anonymousreply 46April 27, 2024 4:02 AM

After he's cum in your cunt,

pop this in your yob.

Doxy/PEP!

by Anonymousreply 47April 27, 2024 4:04 AM

If you're a broke bitch who spends your days taking loads instead of pursuing a vocation with health insurance, go to a free clinic, community health agency, or the LGBTQ health center near you.

There are a zillion programs to distribute PrEP for free.

This is not Ozempic or a Cadillac drug. Cost is not a barrier.

by Anonymousreply 48April 27, 2024 4:07 AM

It’s amazing that the most aggressive mask demanders during COVID were the same ones who fucked their way through Monkeypox aka “MPX” for the woke. BELIEVE THE SCIENCE! UNLESS I CANNOT FUCK BAREBACK!

by Anonymousreply 49April 27, 2024 5:04 AM

R49 your deluded opinions ≠ facts.

by Anonymousreply 50April 27, 2024 5:07 AM

Is Datalounge still a gay website?

by Anonymousreply 51April 27, 2024 5:14 AM

The man goes up in the man.

by Anonymousreply 52April 27, 2024 5:32 AM

It's into R52.

by Anonymousreply 53April 27, 2024 5:34 AM

Here's a radical idea : USE A FUCKING CONDOM MOTHERFUCKER.

by Anonymousreply 54April 27, 2024 5:52 AM

R50 except that’s exactly what happened.

by Anonymousreply 55April 27, 2024 5:55 AM

r50 = Scott Wiener

by Anonymousreply 56April 27, 2024 6:15 AM

Scott Wiener called for maskless people to be arrested and then was outraged over talk of the kink parade being cancelled over Monkeypox. He told people to put a band aid over any mark that you suspected could be Monkeypox.

by Anonymousreply 57April 27, 2024 6:16 AM

Why would a poster designed for the SF region be displayed in LA?

The answer? OP is trolling of course. That's why. If OP wasn't trolling the old folks home of DL then she would have posted an image which showed where the SF poster was being displayed in LA. But she can't do that because no such poster is being displayed in Los Angeles.

Also these kinds of posters are designed for and displayed in gay areas and gay shops, restaurants, bars and clubs - they are not being displayed outside schools and churches. Locations are specifically targeted to be noticed by gay men.

So either prove it or fuck off OP along with all the other trolls hating on gay people in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 58April 27, 2024 6:38 AM

[quote]HPV and herpes are still a thing, load takers. PReP can't save you from that!

And don't forget all the others. Crabs, too! They're so gross!

[quote]This is still gross

Everything is is gross for you sour old Marys (and I'm probably older than more than a few of you). Except of course being a fucking scold, that's not gross that's schoolmarm-ish.

[quote]Wear a fucking condom people.

Fuck off, asshole. The reality is that practically no one wears a condom nor have they done in many years, nor should they have to. That PrEP doesn't protect against a number of infections that are much less life-threatening and more easily treated than HIV doesn't mean it's worthless, or that the people who have the good sense to take it should be treated like whorey pariahs. Condoms don't provide perfect protect against all STIs and other infections either. Should gay men just never have sex again because they might contract scabies despite PrEP or condoms?

The enemy of the not just good but really fucking great PrEP is the would-be perfection of assholes who think it all wrong because it does nothing to protect against lung cancer. Really, you just resent that someone (not your perfect selves obviously) might "take a load" leaving a bitter taste in your schoolmarm mouth.

by Anonymousreply 59April 27, 2024 7:04 AM

Thank you for the good dose of reasonable reality R59.

by Anonymousreply 60April 27, 2024 8:44 AM

TAKE TEN LOADS?

YOU GO GURL!

NOW TAKE ONE DOSE!

by Anonymousreply 61April 27, 2024 10:55 AM

"this ad"

or

"these ads"

SF is not LA

Low IQ, illiterate and ignorant troll = OP

by Anonymousreply 62April 27, 2024 11:23 AM

How timely considering a recent thread talking about the recent outbreak of brain and eye related syphilis in the Chicago area.

My advice though if anyone is thinking of national or wide spread Bill boards with that take a load message I’d ask you to wait until after November’s election.

You know like we are doing with menthol cigs

by Anonymousreply 63April 27, 2024 11:48 AM

[quote]I like it. It's clever. And I don't give a shit if children see it. If they understand it they knew beforehand what it means. If they have to ask their parents, then parent.

Children don’t have to be the bar by which everything appropriate for society is judged. I am a grown ass gay man who fucks other men in the ass and I STILL don’t want to see an ad like that in public. And it has nothing to do with sex-positive/ negative.

by Anonymousreply 64April 27, 2024 12:10 PM

It’s a great targeted ad for the high risk audience with a simple and catchy punchline that is easy to remember.

But holy shit this is not the kind of ad you want the 96% of the population to see who are not men who have sex with other men. They are under the impression condoms are used and safe sex practiced. The 96% should never read the posts on DL talking about what really happens.

by Anonymousreply 65April 27, 2024 12:22 PM

As if that 96% had any clue what the word means.😵‍💫

by Anonymousreply 66April 27, 2024 12:23 PM

Can we step back and VERIFY that this ad is "all over SF". Does that actually mean in the toilet at a LBGTQ space?

by Anonymousreply 67April 27, 2024 12:26 PM

Gay men arguing that condoms don’t prevent syphilis or HIV or GC are a real hoot. And some really try really hard and really often.

by Anonymousreply 68April 27, 2024 12:27 PM

[quote]Does that actually mean in the toilet at a LBGTQ space?

Yes spot on R67.

by Anonymousreply 69April 27, 2024 12:39 PM

If you members of the condom cabal want to wear condoms or insist on the people you have sex with (if you have sex, which I find unlikely given your shrill attitudes) wear them, then more power to you. You do you. Those of us who believe in science and who actually have adult conversations with our doctors can make the right informed and pro-science decisions for our own bodies.

by Anonymousreply 70April 27, 2024 12:39 PM

I have OP blocked -- can someone link to the ad?

TIA

by Anonymousreply 71April 27, 2024 12:43 PM

I won’t be indoctrinated 🪧

by Anonymousreply 72April 27, 2024 12:52 PM

Gay men who try to equate the risk from unprotected anal vs unprotected oral are a real hoot. And some try really hard and really often to do this.

by Anonymousreply 73April 27, 2024 12:56 PM

Here you go R71:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 27, 2024 1:00 PM

how ... vivid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 27, 2024 1:25 PM

Prep doesn’t prevent UTI from fecal matter in your urethra. Trust me I know.

by Anonymousreply 76April 27, 2024 1:30 PM

[quote] Prep doesn’t prevent UTI from fecal matter in your urethra. Trust me I know.

I can see their next ad right now. Those exact words with this picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 27, 2024 1:39 PM

I’ll be quietly satisfied when those sexless bitter old gays who insist on condoms for OTHER guys die of old age within the next 6-12 months

by Anonymousreply 78April 27, 2024 2:01 PM

R78

It’s not the bitter old gays you need to worry about it will be the vast majority of the American public if a msm centered infectious disease ever threatens or looks like it will threaten the majority of American's.

Scare the mothers of America and you will find out what trouble is. Keep the infectious disease within the gay male community and no one will care or give a fuck. Wear condoms don’t wear them it is what it is,

by Anonymousreply 79April 27, 2024 3:43 PM

What is like to live in fear for your entire very long existence r79?

by Anonymousreply 80April 27, 2024 3:46 PM

R79 considers HIV and STIs to be “gay diseases.” Got it—here’s hope he dies a slow painful death, maybe following a hit and run on Santa Monica Blvd, or better yet, Castro Street.

by Anonymousreply 81April 27, 2024 3:50 PM

[quote] Gay men arguing that condoms don’t prevent syphilis or HIV or GC are a real hoot.

Explain how wearing a condom for anal sex is going to prevent transmission of syphilis from a sore on someone’s tongue during oral sex R68, unless you’re trying to tell me that these “wear a condom!!!!!” trolls are wearing a condom for oral 😂😂. You’re hardly that stupid are you?

by Anonymousreply 82April 27, 2024 4:10 PM

We need Larry Kramer to come back from the dead and start yelling at these people.

by Anonymousreply 83April 27, 2024 5:41 PM

Who? ^

by Anonymousreply 84April 27, 2024 5:44 PM

R84 you should know that. Find it out.

by Anonymousreply 85April 27, 2024 5:50 PM

Invoking Larry Kramer is akin to wishing that a 16th century witch doctor from New Guinea should give surgical advice in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 86April 27, 2024 5:56 PM

Most of these comments are weird, since DoxyPEP is not the same as PrEP. Doxycycline has been around a long time and it is here used as a morning-after type pill for gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis. And it can be used by someone on PrEP.

Too old and not messing around these days, if I were I would certainly be on PrEP and have DoxyPEP at the ready. My younger friends aren't using condoms, so this will be helpful at reducing other STIs.

Be smart, not judgmental!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 27, 2024 6:13 PM

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼^

by Anonymousreply 88April 27, 2024 6:22 PM

When I lived in NYC it was all about bare, skin on skin these last years. But there are some crazy infectious diseases floating around NYC that are quite primitive. Monkeypox anyone? Not that condoms prevent that, BUT the free for all AIDS is over craze certainly spurred it on. Now that I moved to Europe, it’s still very much condoms only. You have to dance around six questions before someone admits they are looking for bare sex. Bare sex still has an uber-slut connotation here.

by Anonymousreply 89April 27, 2024 7:07 PM

[quote]What is like to live in fear for your entire very long existence [R79]?

Spoken like a true hypocrite belonging to a generation with 2/3rds of its population on anti-depressants and the rest on adderall as well as prep. BTW, you should be scared. You have zero future left for you to enjoy. So you might as well party like it’s 1999 and die before you realize it’s always been over before it started for you.

by Anonymousreply 90April 27, 2024 7:14 PM

R89

There are also some crazy stuff happening in other places other than NYC like Chicago. A article posted yesterday on another thread.

A cluster of cases, lack of typical syphilis symptoms like a lesion or rash. And people in this cluster, 1/3 of them with HIV, are developed syphilis of the brain and eyes

. Symptoms like behavioral changes, bad headaches, personality changes, dizziness, vision or eye problems from syphilis of the eye, etc etc and it’s happening to people not years or decades after they are infected with syphilis but months maybe weeks after they were infected.,

by Anonymousreply 91April 27, 2024 7:32 PM

So hot

by Anonymousreply 92April 27, 2024 7:35 PM

R91 how many hours a day do you spend looking for syphilis?

by Anonymousreply 93April 27, 2024 7:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!