Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kevin Spacey Documentary Lands at Max, ID for U.S. Release

The Channel 4 doc, titled 'Spacey Unmasked,' will feature interviews with several men about their experiences with the actor.

Max and ID have acquired U.S. rights to a Channel 4 documentary about Kevin Spacey.

The two-part doc, titled Spacey Unmasked, is billed as a “forensic look” at Spacey’s career and the allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct against him. Spacey was acquitted in July 2023 of nine charges in a U.K. criminal case against him.

The documentary will also include interviews with “multiple men unconnected to that case about their experiences with Kevin Spacey, almost all of whom have never spoken before,” along with other previously unseen archival footage and interviews with the actor.

Spacey, a two-time Oscar winner, faced nine criminal charges from four different men in his U.K. trial, ranging from unwanted touching to, according to testimony from one man, performing oral sex on the man while he was asleep. The charges stemmed from alleged acts that occurred from 2001 to 2013; Spacey was artistic director of London’s Old Vic Theatre from 2004-15.

Spacey Unmasked is set to air on Channel 4 in the U.K. on May 6 and 7. Premiere dates for the U.S. and other territories haven’t been announced yet. All3Media International is handling international sales of the documentary and struck a deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for rights to the United States (where it will stream on Max and air on ID’s cable channel) and several other countries.

Katherine Haywood directed and produced Spacey Unmasked. Dorothy Byrne and Mike Lerner are executive producers. Roast Beef Productions (Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer) produces in association with All3 Media International.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 8, 2024 7:20 PM

Spacey is a monster. Datalounge knew the truth about him and called him out before the mainstream media did

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2024 6:31 PM

We already know.

Now they’re just piling on.

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2024 6:40 PM

Well, the word is out. The guy is amorous. Approach at your own risk. Like PePe LePew.

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2024 7:02 PM

Frisky, one might say.

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2024 7:07 PM

He's a creep and has been for decades

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2024 11:46 PM

R2, tell that to the fanboys and fangirls who defend him

What's obvious to you isn't obvious to everyone

Even Michael Jackson has defenders and that guy was a classic pedophile

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2024 11:47 PM

New article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 30, 2024 6:51 AM

He still has cultists. There was some street art on a construction site near Carnaby Street in London a few years ago depicting Spacey crucified on a cross. I'm surprised I didn't end up in casualty for rolling my eyes so much.

by Anonymousreply 8April 30, 2024 6:55 AM

He sounds like a real pervert. Anyone have his number?

by Anonymousreply 9April 30, 2024 7:11 AM

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 10April 30, 2024 7:37 AM

Given the UK’s libel laws, don’t expect much in this.

by Anonymousreply 11April 30, 2024 7:37 AM

Spacey can use the same libel lawyers as Russell Brand after C4's expose on him

by Anonymousreply 12April 30, 2024 8:01 AM

If Brad Pitt did the same things, these men would regale us with tales of how sexy they were that Brad hit on them.

by Anonymousreply 13April 30, 2024 8:38 AM

I prefer handsy and rapey R4!

by Anonymousreply 14April 30, 2024 8:47 AM

What a load of horseshit R14.

by Anonymousreply 15April 30, 2024 8:48 AM

[quote]Now they’re just piling on.

And more will follow after the broadcast, not all of them fantasists. I imagine though Rupert Graves will choose to maintain a dignified silence.

by Anonymousreply 16April 30, 2024 8:50 AM

I hope Rupert Graves speaks out. And certain other actors.

Spacey is portraying himself as the victim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2024 2:01 AM

damn -- he looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2024 2:16 AM

He's never been attractive

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2024 2:20 AM

Ugly on the inside and the outside

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2024 4:03 AM

New allegations will be featured in docu-series.

“I felt like I was staring at a soulless monster,” Daniel, an actor, says of his alleged sexual assault by Kevin Spacey in a new Channel 4 documentary promising a “forensic look” at the Oscar winner’s rise to stardom and his alleged sexual misconduct.

Spacey Unmasked features 10 men, Daniel among them, to tell their stories of alleged abuse at the hands of Spacey. None of them were involved in the London trial that saw the actor acquitted of nine charges in July 2023, and all but one have never spoken out before. The charges stemmed from alleged acts that occurred from 2001 to 2013; Spacey was artistic director of London’s Old Vic Theatre from 2004 until 2015.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2024 3:07 PM

[quote]Each time I have been given the time and a proper forum to defend myself, the allegations have failed under scrutiny and I have been exonerated.

In which case the actor will have recourse to legal action against the broadcaster and its programme participants for making such allegations.

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2024 3:48 PM

He has never sued anyone for defamation, not any of the dozens of guys who spoke out. Because they're not lying.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2024 4:18 PM

New article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2024 5:41 PM

Oh my god I cringed so hard at this paragraph

[quote]Now, Spacey Unmasked — a two-part documentary from British broadcaster Channel 4 — is delving into his allegedly inappropriate and exploitative behavior, covering accusations that span five decades. The documentary is a crucial entry into the conversation around male victims of sexual misconduct — and highlights how men haven’t yet developed a vocabulary to describe or process these situations. “Men are not used to discussing this, talking about this, naming it, or giving it language,” says executive producer Mike Lerner. “One of our hopes is that after this series goes out, there will be more people realizing that they should and can speak out about what’s happened to them.”

Men have never used the terms dirty old man, predatory homosexual, groper, sex pest, rapist, bully, casting couch etc.

JFC

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2024 5:54 PM

He’s just misunderstood.

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2024 5:57 PM

[quote]“Men are not used to discussing this..."

The sentence might usefully have included the word 'publicly', also, 'about famous double Oscar-winning actors.'

However, some men publicly discussed the predatory behaviour of (eventually jailed) Jonathan King, whose MO seemed not unlike Spacey's. Also, many men have in recent years painfully spoken out about how abuse at their schools ruined lives, and was ignored or covered up for decades. Public discussion about such predation is more open now.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2024 6:18 PM

A young straight actor has said that Spacey tried to finger him through his suit trousers on the press night of Sweet Bird Of Youth, back in June 2013.

if you want to get around the paywall open it on your iPhone and tap Show Reader and you can read it all

He said he had heard rumours about Spacey taking a shine to younger actors.

Everyone knew about Spacey. Everyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2024 8:50 PM

The paper for the above link has front-paged the story as an exclusive, complete with big picture of Spacey. Another strong publicity boost for Channel 4's Monday broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 29May 4, 2024 5:55 AM

This idiot went on Dan Wooten to plead his case. Two harassers chit-chatting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 4, 2024 8:01 AM

Douglas Murray has also defended Spacey, despite Spacey being a paid up Democrat hack.

There is a reflex instinct from the anti woke people to defend anyone accused of anything vaguely "woke", like sexual assault.

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2024 8:14 AM

That should read ‘There is a reflex instinct from the anti woke people to defend anyone accused of anything vaguely "ANTI woke", like sexual assault.’

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2024 8:36 AM

Spacey probably sniffs and licks his fingers after taking them out of a guys ass.

by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2024 8:43 AM

Dan Wootten? LOL

by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2024 4:21 PM

Airs in the UK tonight

by Anonymousreply 35May 6, 2024 5:51 PM

First testimony is from an actor who played a security officer on House Of Cards - Spacey assaulted him during a take.

by Anonymousreply 36May 6, 2024 8:05 PM

Second testimony a sexual assault in 1981 in NYC

by Anonymousreply 37May 6, 2024 8:14 PM

Third testimony is a very hot straight ex marine turned aspiring actor who was introduced to Spacey in the late 90s

by Anonymousreply 38May 6, 2024 8:24 PM

WHAT KIND OF SICK PERVERT MASTURBATES IN A CINEMA DURING THE OPENING SCENES OF SAVING PRIVATE RYAN?!?!

by Anonymousreply 39May 6, 2024 8:27 PM

Someone who grew up in a house full of Nazi regalia?

by Anonymousreply 40May 6, 2024 8:30 PM

Testimony 4 - young production assistant working on The Big Kahuna, which Spacey also produced.

Another straight guy, another guy who knew complaining would ruin his career.

There is a pattern.

by Anonymousreply 41May 6, 2024 8:44 PM

Testimony 5 - former marine and aspiring actor Travis Wade who declined Spacey's affections.

by Anonymousreply 42May 6, 2024 8:55 PM

Testimony 6 - a college friend of Spacey's, a straight boy a year younger than Spacey he knew from the school theatre group

by Anonymousreply 43May 6, 2024 9:20 PM

Just finished the first episode. I had no idea what to expect.

Very powerful. The tone is solemn and respectful. The stories are convincing and upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 44May 6, 2024 9:21 PM

Testimony 7 - a pretty twink working in the Old Vic selling ice creams during a performance who Spacey crept up and rubbed his crotch in the twink's face. The assaults continued for a while.

This is the most upsetting one so far. A real abuse of power.

by Anonymousreply 45May 6, 2024 9:27 PM

I hope this documentary finally, completely kills Spacey's career. He is a monster.

by Anonymousreply 46May 6, 2024 9:31 PM

Testimony 8 and 9 - two acting students (one British one American) who Spacey found during the Old Vic's programme for young actors. Inappropriate relationships with no sexual assault accusations.

by Anonymousreply 47May 6, 2024 9:37 PM

Testimony 10 - a young actor in the Sweet Bird Of Youth production Spacey assaulted at the press night. He sexually assaulted a young actor after buying him an expensive gift.

by Anonymousreply 48May 6, 2024 9:45 PM

Gd'Damit! I have been told many time I look a lot like this guy. Now my reputation is soiled.

by Anonymousreply 49May 6, 2024 9:51 PM

Did he steal Robert Redford’s ugly hairpiece? He looks like a wrinkled potato with a dishcloth on his head.

by Anonymousreply 50May 6, 2024 9:59 PM

Horrible vile man.

Such a long pattern of abusive and predatory behavior and as the hot ex marine said, what happened to the guys who didn't fight him off or did respond to his advances in expectation of something that would benefit their career.

Are there are any well known Spacey "boys"? There was the security guard from House Of Cards who got a bigger role and I think went to Wimbledon with Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 51May 6, 2024 10:11 PM

What's really chilling is the clip of Spacey talking about his important role as leader on the House of Cards set. If he sees anyone treating people disrespectfully he "will call them on it".

Psycho.

by Anonymousreply 52May 6, 2024 10:19 PM

I remember the insider here who posted about the House of Cards set. He had all the dirt about Spacey being a pig

by Anonymousreply 53May 6, 2024 10:33 PM

Mention of Wimbledon reminds me that Spacey for a while followed Andy Murray from tournament to tournament.

Interesting that the programme didn't mention Spacey's night cruising episode in a park near The Old Vic. After which the great actor performed in a press conference with a story no-one believed, but somehow kept the show on the road.

by Anonymousreply 54May 6, 2024 10:37 PM

Does anyone remember the "A Cry For Help: The Taking of Kevin Spacey's Phone" thread? It popped up after Kevin's "mugging" escapade in the park

by Anonymousreply 55May 6, 2024 11:31 PM

Hee hee. I remember it r55

by Anonymousreply 56May 7, 2024 12:36 AM

Did he touch their taint?

by Anonymousreply 57May 7, 2024 1:31 AM

Good review

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 7, 2024 1:40 AM

I just watched Part 1. It’s compelling.

Spacey brought the young marine to a theater in LA to see Saving Private Ryan and he jerked off next to the poor kid. And this was in the first 20 minutes of the film which depicted the gruesome carnage during the invasion of Normandy.

Spacey is/was one sick puppy.

by Anonymousreply 59May 7, 2024 2:36 AM

Nothing makes me hornier than dead soldiers!

by Anonymousreply 60May 7, 2024 2:39 AM

[quote]Interesting that the programme didn't mention Spacey's night cruising episode in a park near The Old Vic. After which the great actor performed in a press conference with a story no-one believed, but somehow kept the show on the road.

Popbitch covered this story - he wasn’t cruising…..

In 2004, Kevin Spacey's ludicrous tale of tripping over his dog in the park in the middle of the night was given an airing live on the BBC's Today. Newspapers and TV all sniggered when covering it but, aside from a few inverted commas in their copy, his version of events (which was such obvious horseshit) went unchallenged. Long-time Popbitch readers will remember that we gave you the real story: Spacey picked up a star- struck waiter, took him for drinks (in the bar below our office, no less) pushed his luck a little too far and got a punch in the chops for his troubles. Yet no-one picked it up, affording Spacey another 13 years of blind eyes and turned heads.

by Anonymousreply 61May 7, 2024 11:43 AM

[quote]he wasn’t cruising

[quote]Spacey's ludicrous tale of tripping over his dog in the park

Long ago now, but I thought there were additional details involving a young man in the park at night, and a mobile phone. The police were somehow involved, meaning Spacey's account needed to be at least somewhat coherent.

I do recall the end of a TV South Bank Show about Spacey at The Old Vic. The end credits rolled over a long tracking shot on a walkway in a South London park at night, as though the camera was cruising. I doubt many viewers were mystified by this reference.

by Anonymousreply 62May 7, 2024 12:36 PM

I still wish Rupert Graves would come forward and tell his story of being groped by Spacey in his dressling room and Spacey stalking him. Does sitting in his car outside Graves’ home count as stalking? I think it does. Graves refused to do the Broadway transfer of The Iceman Cometh because of Spacey. Spacey was obsessed with him, most likely because of the role he’d played in the film Maurice. And Graves is married with children. To paraphrase someone quoting Spacey on last night’s broadcast “I love flipping straight guys.”

by Anonymousreply 63May 7, 2024 4:45 PM

How many of these men were gay? I'm not reading any of that, straight men looking for money, again it's straight people.

by Anonymousreply 64May 7, 2024 4:52 PM

R64 - a lot of the victims were straight because for Spacey it was about power rather than sexual attraction.

by Anonymousreply 65May 7, 2024 4:57 PM

How many? I think it's just to go after a gay man, how many were gay and how many straight? Fuck your power shit, STRAIGHT CUNT

by Anonymousreply 66May 7, 2024 8:04 PM

At least a few of the men who came forward to expose Spacey are gay and out

by Anonymousreply 67May 7, 2024 9:02 PM

Spacey's favorite album:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 7, 2024 9:17 PM

Spacey didn’t just spend years in the closet, he denied being gay and attacked people who suggested he was.

He is this century’s Roy Cohn.

by Anonymousreply 69May 7, 2024 9:30 PM

Los Angeles Times recap of the new allegations:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 7, 2024 10:48 PM

Has anyone ever tried to get a comment from Dianne Dreyer? I think she’s holed up in the same bunker as Shelly Miscavage.

by Anonymousreply 71May 8, 2024 12:23 AM

I still love you, Dianne! Please don't spill the beans on all those guys I groped!

Your Loving Boyfriend, Kevin

by Anonymousreply 72May 8, 2024 1:27 AM

Dianne Dreyer was a highly respected script supervisor on major films. It seemed toward the end of Part 1 that she might actually be interviewed on camera but nope.

The main ick factor bit in tonight’s Part 2 was from a young British actor who greeted Spacey at the Savoy for the opening night party of Sweet Bird of Youth and Spacey responded by reaching down into the guy’s boxers to stick his finger in his crack.

I wonder if Spacey woukd oblige Travolta from time to time. Travolta apparently loves that sort of anal attention and has supposedly begged licensed masseurs from reputable agencies in LA to “go that extra mike.”

by Anonymousreply 73May 8, 2024 3:48 AM

For US viewers:

Airing Monday, May 13th on ID. It will be streaming on Max

by Anonymousreply 74May 8, 2024 6:32 PM

If you bitches had a VPN you could log into a UK IP address, create a free account on Channel4.com and watch it, like I'm doing tonight.

I rip all UK shows like that. The UK has a lot of great free content. Unlike this shit hole.

by Anonymousreply 75May 8, 2024 7:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!