Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Clothes shopping for husband: slim fit, this side of metrosexual/casual office.

Should I just head to Nordstrom? I’d like to buy him three to four shirts. Budget up to, I dunno, $100 per shirt? TIA!

by Anonymousreply 19December 18, 2019 11:52 PM

Humblebrag thread.

by Anonymousreply 1December 17, 2019 3:00 PM

For shirts, you can go with the safe Brooks Brothers that has very good sales.

Personally, for off the rack shirts, I like Charles Tyrwhitt.

by Anonymousreply 2December 17, 2019 3:00 PM

Are you Ernst's 6'6" husband??

by Anonymousreply 3December 17, 2019 3:01 PM

How friendless must you be to ask DL a question like this?

by Anonymousreply 4December 17, 2019 3:02 PM

Aside, Charles Tyrwhitt appears to be having a MASSIVE sale on shirts right now.

Shirts are marked down from $110 to $35 - I've never actually seen them that price. I usually get them when they're on sale for around $80/ea (if you buy 3 of them).

by Anonymousreply 5December 17, 2019 3:02 PM

I’m a woman so I don’t know what shirts cost, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 6December 17, 2019 3:11 PM

R5 Thank you. My husband is 6’3 so I hope I can find him some nice things.

by Anonymousreply 7December 17, 2019 3:13 PM

$100 these days will get you pretty much the same crap as Target . You gotta go big or go home,Girl !

by Anonymousreply 8December 17, 2019 3:18 PM

In all seriousness, OP, go to a Calvin Klein outlet store.

They have slim fit shirts there - my BF is tall and we get shirts and zip up sweaters there for him all the time, the length works for him too.

It may sound "cheap" to go to an outlet but the CK outlet is great quality and you pay less b/c you're not handing Macy's an extra 50 bucks to be the middleman.

by Anonymousreply 9December 17, 2019 3:24 PM

Go to TJ Maxx like the rest of us plebes.

by Anonymousreply 10December 17, 2019 3:36 PM

[quote][R5] Thank you. My husband is 6’3 so I hope I can find him some nice things.

r7 - NEVER buy work shirts that are sized S,M,L, XL - they never fit well.

Both Brooks Brothers and Charles Tyrwhitt, as well as Ascot Chang and Thomas Pink and the like, all sell shirts sized by neck size and sleeve length along with Slim and Regular cuts. Make sure you get shirts sized correctly.

Final point - many of men's shirts are french cuff. You can get away with not buying expensive cufflinks if you buy "silk knots" for a couple dollars, so don't let that dissuade you from purchasing them.

by Anonymousreply 11December 17, 2019 3:50 PM

I found a rag today and wrapped myself in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 17, 2019 3:56 PM

r6/OP, nice way to endear yourself, asshole. Go fuck your husband.

by Anonymousreply 13December 17, 2019 4:02 PM

Oh. I just did this. My husband also has a December birthday, so this is a big time of year to shop for me.

Brooks Brothers and Calvin Klein were the answers. I got some great stuff at those stores, a lot of it on discount. The birthday clothes were well received, I’m hoping he like my Christmas selections, too.

Also, if R3 is correct and you are my husband, I could go for something warmer. You’ve been keeping the house a little chilly for my liking. Love you. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 14December 17, 2019 8:54 PM

Ernst is the cutest. Look at R14!

by Anonymousreply 15December 18, 2019 11:44 PM

Buy him some shirts:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 18, 2019 11:46 PM

to match his custom jacket!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 18, 2019 11:47 PM

Every Gift, Only Gap!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 18, 2019 11:49 PM

Labels that work for slim guys: J Lindberg, John Varvatos, Acne Studios, Reiss, Theory, Prada

by Anonymousreply 19December 18, 2019 11:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!