Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brenda Lee makes the Holiday Top 10

First Mariah crawled out of the crypt, then Judy.

Now Miss Brenda Lee is back, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 17, 2019 8:19 PM

That girl could sing.

by Anonymousreply 1December 17, 2019 3:00 PM

I'm not sure I like Billboard's new policy of allowing Christmas songs from years past to chart on the Hot 100 every year. If it's a new song, fine and dandy, but anything older than a year should go on a separate Christmas-only chart.

by Anonymousreply 2December 17, 2019 3:05 PM

It must be new. This is now like the UK, who will have the Christmas number one?

by Anonymousreply 3December 17, 2019 3:25 PM

Billboard needs to rethink their charting system if all of these old Christmas songs are allowed to chart because of radio play. Of course Christmas songs are going to do well every Christmas.

Their albums chart is messed up too. Artists like Harry Styles are allowed to grossly inflate their numbers by including an album with the sale of every concert ticket. That's not fair.

by Anonymousreply 4December 17, 2019 3:46 PM

I'm the outlier because I love that Brenda, Burl Ives, Dean Martin, Andy Williams, Gene Autry, etc. are part of the "Hot 100" for a couple of weeks each year.

by Anonymousreply 5December 17, 2019 3:55 PM

Later we'll have some fuckin' pie!

by Anonymousreply 6December 17, 2019 3:58 PM

I'm happy for Mariah.

by Anonymousreply 7December 17, 2019 6:46 PM

I hate Rocking Around the Christmas Tree. It's up there with Having a Wonderful Xmas time and Jingle Bell Rock as one of the most terrible xmas songs around.

by Anonymousreply 8December 17, 2019 7:08 PM

I thought she was annoying decades ago, I don't know why I'd want to hear her again.

by Anonymousreply 9December 17, 2019 7:37 PM

One of the only bearable Christmas songs:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 17, 2019 7:43 PM

Brenda Lee brings back wonderful memories of my grandmother. I remember walking into her lake house on Christmas day (7 or 8 years old) and Brenda Lee was playing on her fancy record player. She would joyfully lift me up and dance and sing along to Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. There would be delicious snacks everywhere, the smell of turkey in the air and a seemingly infinite amount of presents for me and my siblings under the tree. Great memories.

by Anonymousreply 11December 17, 2019 8:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!