Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Last Christmas by Wham! was released in 4K a few days ago and it's fucking beautiful

I thought you George Michael fans out there would appreciate this.

George was so beautiful, and it breaks my heart to watch him playing in the snow with a woman in hindsight. Rest in peace, angel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 27, 2019 12:30 AM

Big fucking deal.

by Anonymousreply 1December 17, 2019 2:44 PM

The bit where he falls over in the snow in slow-motion always cracks me up, for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 2December 17, 2019 8:40 PM

It’s just not Christmas without this song. And the hair - I live for it, darlings! x

by Anonymousreply 3December 17, 2019 8:49 PM

Princess Diana copied his hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 4December 17, 2019 8:50 PM

Say what you will about the 80's hair but I thought he never looked better

by Anonymousreply 5December 17, 2019 9:12 PM

Heartbreaking - for so many reasons...

by Anonymousreply 6December 18, 2019 2:22 AM

Bad acting in high def.

by Anonymousreply 7December 18, 2019 2:49 AM

That he died at Xmas will always make this song melancholy. I wonder who makes the money from it now?

by Anonymousreply 8December 18, 2019 3:17 AM

I gave you my fart... the very next day, you announced you were gay

by Anonymousreply 9December 18, 2019 3:21 AM

Who knows? Best thing for him really. His therapy was going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 10December 18, 2019 7:56 AM

[quote]Say what you will about the 80's hair but I thought he never looked better

As I keep saying, gays love the gay look. All this gays prefer str8s is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 11December 18, 2019 8:10 AM

You all are fawning over a fat drug addict, who was HIV+, refused to get tested, spread it around like candy and then single handedly haunted toilets only reenforcing gay stereotypes

The guy was the absolute epitome of what is wrong with gay males,

Yet you all fawn over this guy for one hit solo album 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 12December 18, 2019 8:49 AM

I never got George, but his impact is amazing. He seemed to have been a very talented gentile soul.

by Anonymousreply 13December 18, 2019 9:04 AM

How is George Michael only 21 here? He looks at least 32.

by Anonymousreply 14December 18, 2019 9:47 AM

R12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 18, 2019 3:56 PM

r12, He had TWO hit albums, Faith in '87 and Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1 in '90. The man had incredible talent, who cares if he was a whore? Do you bitch about Freddy Mercury and Liberace too?

by Anonymousreply 16December 18, 2019 4:11 PM

Originally George Michael had donated the royalties to a charity. George Michael was disappointed with the other artists that performed “Do They Know It’s Christmas” that they didn’t do more than donate their time recording the song. You have to give George credit where credit is due. He definitely cared about the less fortunate. Apparently a trait he inherited from his mother.

by Anonymousreply 17December 22, 2019 7:00 PM

The 80s clothes and hairstyles were aging on everyone. Princess Diana looks thirtysomething to modern eyes even when she was in her very early 20s, thanks to the big hair and shoulder pads.

by Anonymousreply 18December 22, 2019 7:07 PM

[quote]He seemed to have been a very talented gentile soul.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 19December 22, 2019 8:00 PM

OP I’d love to watch, but so far I’m still in Whamageddon. Maybe after 12/24 or if I get knocked out sooner.

by Anonymousreply 20December 22, 2019 10:20 PM

Whoever it is is also getting a cut from Emma Thompson's movie. Which did decent box office for a universally whammed movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 22, 2019 10:26 PM

"The man was an incredible whore, who cares if he had talent?"

by Anonymousreply 22December 22, 2019 10:48 PM

R17 I think the fact that George did care and have empathy towards others was his best trait. I can only compare his philanthropic efforts to that of the late Paul Newman. In Newman's case he lived to a decent age and died at 83. Every time I pass the salad dressing isle I can't help but think of the millions he raised for various charities. This is separate from his "Hole in the Wall Gang" which he started for kids with cancer. Newman didn't go around bragging about his work, but he wasn't secretive about it either. I think he wanted to encourage others to do as he was and tried to develop the best business models for it.

I get the sense that George felt disappointment in his more public efforts to raise money. Things just didn't seem to go as he hoped with people downloading his music and then donating to charity. I really don't know the details of it, but numerous things were just horribly wrong for George. If he had lived to the age that Newman did there is no telling what he might have ultimately done in the philanthropic area. This was obviously not just a one or two time thing on his part but an on going interest to help people. It surprises me that for a man with no children and someone who stated he didn't want any he did give a lot in the area to help kids.

by Anonymousreply 23December 27, 2019 12:16 AM

Saas-Fee, how chic.

by Anonymousreply 24December 27, 2019 12:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!