Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It's official. Beto O’Rourke Decides Not to Run for Senate

Texas (AP) – Beto O’Rourke isn’t running for Senate again, and Democrats who have unusually high hopes for Texas in 2020 are facing an unsettled landscape. There’s no clear frontrunner among a dozen Democrats challenging Republican incumbent John Cornyn. None have raised big money and most candidates remain widely unknown.

O’Rourke narrowly lost to Republican Sen. Ted Cruz last year and his presidential bid flamed out in November. Democrats urged the former El Paso congressman to run again for Senate, but the deadline to get on the 2020 ballot in Texas came and went this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 17, 2019 6:17 PM

Well, he turned out to be a whiny, useless fuck, didn't he?

by Anonymousreply 1December 17, 2019 7:56 AM

Wise decision. He was not even able to beat a very unpopular Lying Cruz despite whole MSM was fawning over him . There is no way he could beat a comparative more popular Senator like John C

by Anonymousreply 2December 17, 2019 8:06 AM

[quote]unpopular Lying Cruz

Cruz was the second most popular Republican after Trump. He was also the runner-up to Trump in the 2016 elections.

by Anonymousreply 3December 17, 2019 9:28 AM

Wow. The Conservatives must have something really big on him that he's too scared to even try. Really a shame. He'd have been my pick for at least VP and two terms later as POTUS himself.

by Anonymousreply 4December 17, 2019 10:12 AM

He was actually pretty amazing three years ago, but something changed. I think the fame got to him. He sorta lost it.

by Anonymousreply 5December 17, 2019 10:17 AM

He said back when he dropped out that he wouldn't be running for anything else, so not sure why this is news. I think it's butthurt rather than blackmail.

by Anonymousreply 6December 17, 2019 10:18 AM

He is a ditz.

by Anonymousreply 7December 17, 2019 10:20 AM

Ye shall know me by the company I keepe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 17, 2019 10:24 AM

Wonder if Aaron sucked that massive dong...

by Anonymousreply 9December 17, 2019 10:28 AM

He is running for Governor in 2022, there is no need to run for Senate a second time so closed to a failed presidential campaign.

by Anonymousreply 10December 17, 2019 10:32 AM

Loser-ville at R8

by Anonymousreply 11December 17, 2019 10:35 AM

They were...in Congress together?

by Anonymousreply 12December 17, 2019 10:56 AM

He’s an aimless slacker. Fortunately his wife is rich so he can wander through life without much worry.

He should just just focus on giving motivational speeches where he stands on tables and flails his arms. He’s good at that. Also streaming epic road trips.

by Anonymousreply 13December 17, 2019 11:04 AM

[quote]He is running for Governor in 2022

And he will lose in a landslide. "Hell yea we're gonna take your guns" has fucked him for life in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 14December 17, 2019 11:54 AM

Slacker. There you go. Thanks R13, I couldn't quite put my finger on what his deal is. But yeah, slacker.

by Anonymousreply 15December 17, 2019 1:23 PM

Is he still in congress?

Whats next for him? TV Pundit? Lobbyist?

by Anonymousreply 16December 17, 2019 1:42 PM

[quote]Is he still in congress?

He is currently unemployed.

by Anonymousreply 17December 17, 2019 3:48 PM

Hell yes you can lose every election you run in

by Anonymousreply 18December 17, 2019 3:54 PM

[quote]Hell yes you can lose every election you run in

So true.

by Anonymousreply 19December 17, 2019 3:58 PM

Nonesense, he was still very popular post-Texas debate. He would make a wonderful Texas governor and I am sure he is the favorite to win it in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 20December 17, 2019 4:40 PM

Someone, probably his wife, finally got through to him on how embarrassing his live streaming is and how badly his "We're going to take ALL of the guns!" speech was, and he's pouting.

by Anonymousreply 21December 17, 2019 4:47 PM

He’s Generation X personified. And I say that as a member myself.

by Anonymousreply 22December 17, 2019 4:59 PM

r14 nailed it. Beto made himself toxic going after guns in such an overt way. It’d be a like. Rep just bluntly saying, “Hell yeah, we are gonna take away your Social Secuirty!” A little nuance goes a long way.

Dems work damn hard to craft our anti-gun plans in such a way to hold the middle, Beto comes out, like an emotional bull in a China shop, stomping all over years of PR. Whether the PR worked or not is up for debate, but he shot himself in the foot with that comment.

by Anonymousreply 23December 17, 2019 6:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!