Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hookers at the Point

I am watching this fine example of cinema verite for what must be the fifth time this year and I am still astounded. The stories of these women move me greatly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 26, 2020 4:46 AM

there's a thread about it here, somewhere - -

by Anonymousreply 1December 17, 2019 3:28 AM

there must be something more recent? I remember discussing it....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 17, 2019 3:30 AM

Follow UP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 17, 2019 3:30 AM

Cleo is still working the streets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 17, 2019 3:35 AM

Worked there for 5 years. The stories are real people. Absolutely nothing glamorous or enviable. A life of tragedy, abuse and addiction. I had to leave after 5 years -too depressing day in and day out - just had to ignore it and appreciate my happy, simple life. Eye opening - has made me grateful for food and shelter, however humble.

by Anonymousreply 5December 17, 2019 3:48 AM

^ You worked the Point as a hooker or had a job near the scene? Did you ever see or know any of the women in that documentary? I've always wondered what became of them.

by Anonymousreply 6December 17, 2019 4:15 AM

I know it’s unlikely but I hope all the ladies found happiness

by Anonymousreply 7December 17, 2019 4:18 AM

I read on some forum somewhere years ago that someone claims they heard Cindy got married but kept relapsing.

by Anonymousreply 8December 17, 2019 3:33 PM

That’s sad if it’s true. I wonder if Cleo has retired she’d be 60 now

by Anonymousreply 9December 17, 2019 6:03 PM

Stop touchin’ on my asshole!

by Anonymousreply 10December 17, 2019 6:12 PM

Ptooey!

by Anonymousreply 11December 17, 2019 6:13 PM

I didn’t know the hookers in the show - but was familiar with dozens who worked the streets around my community Development organization in The Point. Shocking how many are “functioning” addicts - like hard core heroin. Saw one too many passed out with a needle in their arm. Some ridiculously young. Most never had a chance because of their childhoods.

The scene is nothing like it was 10-20 years ago. The NYC police state and move to online has reduced its role. Though still some around, like most of the poverty and desperation in NYC it has likely packed up and moved out of NYC. Even the South Bronx is gentrifying.

by Anonymousreply 12December 17, 2019 6:16 PM

The story about Cleo was from 2012, who knows what she's up to today. She didn't look too well in that photo in the article.

Years back, someone claimed Cindy appeared on some MTV show with her teenage daughter, but I seen a pic from the show and it looked nothing like her to me.

Someone claimed on youtube that Angel aka School Teacher died many years back of a Drug Overdose.

They should do an update show on this. I'm sure the women on the show signed release forms to appear on the show, so they could possibly track them down.

by Anonymousreply 13December 17, 2019 6:25 PM

It would be popular r13 people still love this documentary. They’d have to make it all serious though and get rid of the creepy narrator

by Anonymousreply 14December 17, 2019 8:24 PM

Doze hoz ain't nuttin but sum poo butt bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 17, 2019 10:40 PM

I love it too, OP. I’ve always been fascinated by this type of life. This photographer has a whole series of the poor souls out at Hunts Point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 18, 2019 1:08 AM

Atlantic City hooker documentary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 26, 2020 2:32 AM

I wish they’d do an update and show us what these women are doing now and what hunts point looks like today.

by Anonymousreply 18December 26, 2020 4:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!