Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mariah has her 19th #1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 30, 2019 7:14 PM

Good for her! I remember when Wendy Williams said she didn't have another hit in her. She was half right because Mariah was just warming up AIWFC. I guess it's true, the Trumps really have brought back to love of Christmas (I kid).

by Anonymousreply 1December 17, 2019 3:03 AM

Really? 19? But it's all so fucking boring. Wow. Good on her, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 2December 17, 2019 3:04 AM

This is the only one of her #1 songs that I can name. The rest are pure trash.

by Anonymousreply 3December 17, 2019 3:07 AM

r2 tht song rocks. It's tempo ad vocals are infectious.

by Anonymousreply 4December 17, 2019 3:08 AM

Yeah the same song 19 times. It's a great song but it doesn't count. Mariah hasn't been able to sing since 1996.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 17, 2019 3:09 AM

The Billy effect?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 17, 2019 3:10 AM

They call her wind Pariah.

by Anonymousreply 7December 17, 2019 3:11 AM

Uh, r5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 17, 2019 3:12 AM

R8, she sounds OK. She was great from 1990 to 1996. It was all downhill after that, especially after that breakdown she had.

by Anonymousreply 9December 17, 2019 3:13 AM

All I Want for Christmas is a terrible song. Very shrill & repetitive. I much prefer Last Christmas by Wham!

by Anonymousreply 10December 17, 2019 3:17 AM

r5 so what? She still gave iconic vocals in the 90s, no one has matched her vocal acrobatics. She's sung that song 100 times live by now. I think a 40 something star is allowed to have vocal decay. Now, Billboard Top 100 is not about live vocals, it's about a recorded version of a song slaying the charts, Mariah's 25-year-old song did just that. Seeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 17, 2019 3:19 AM

Happy for Mariah. This song should have went to #1 years ago.

I love the song but I do think there are better songs on the album. Miss You Most (At Christmas Time) is just as good.

by Anonymousreply 12December 17, 2019 3:21 AM

She's not ever known how to sing. But she briefly had a remarkable instrument. Don't lecture me R11. Mariah is not one of the great singers in anyone's mind but her lost lambs.

by Anonymousreply 13December 17, 2019 3:21 AM

And I get you don't need to be the greatest singer, and maybe she sings well, but ya know what, much as i like to laugh at her now, Madonna actually was Iconic. Bitch owned a decade.

by Anonymousreply 14December 17, 2019 3:23 AM

I enjoy the version with Bieber. I'm happy for Mariah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 17, 2019 3:26 AM

r13 she is one of the greatest pop singers. I don't know how it can be denied? Her range was crazy and she could do a hell of a lot with it. True, r14, but Madonna was a one of a kind megastar. I just can't compare Madonna to anyone else. Right girl hitting the stage at the right time to capture the world. But outside of a remix, none of Madonna's songs will hit even the 10 Ten again while she's alive. Mariah just went to #1. Out of the million and 1 Christmas albums put out by almost every pop singer trying to copy the success of Mariah's Christmas album she has still bested them all. But when she's Madonna's age, she will be even more irrelevant, that's a fact jack.

Listen to that song, the bitch could sing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 17, 2019 3:31 AM

Yasss kweeen! It’s #1 for the third straight week making her the first artist with a #1 in 4 decades. Legend.

by Anonymousreply 17December 30, 2019 6:29 PM

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 18December 30, 2019 7:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!