Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who is the worst addition to The View of all time?

Answers on a postcard.

by Anonymousreply 35December 18, 2019 7:40 AM

Meghan McCain is far more tolerable than Elizabeth Hasselback

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2019 9:24 PM

In terms of sheer uselessness, I'd say Candice. When she was hired, it seemed obvious that she was there for the Republican/Religious Right talking points, but she never had much of a backbone and was almost relentlessly polite and reserved. Even worse, she was boring. It was like they'd dropped a Stepford wife off in the studio.

As annoying as Meghan is, at least she's loud, brash, and has a point of view she's not afraid to share.

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2019 9:29 PM

Rosie Perez....as someone on one of these View threads pointed out... no one wants to hear endless talk about Boxing on a daytime talk show. Very poor fit.

John and Cindy McCain's baby girls is vile and shrill and I can't stand her but for the premise of the show she suits their needs.

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2019 9:33 PM

As insufferable as she was the years with Hasselbeck were much better. Whoopi Made me proud today.

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2019 9:38 PM

What did Whoopi do today?

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2019 10:20 PM

Told Mcain to shut up and that if she’s going to act like she is then she doesn’t care if she speaks the rest of the show

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2019 10:22 PM

How rude of Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2019 10:27 PM

The most hateful, but amusingly so, was Star Jones, Any sort of attention Meghan McCain or Elisabeth Hasselbeck ever got here is NOTHING compared to the way that Star Jones used to be discussed her. She got a new thread practically every day. She got all the antifat comments that Lizzo and Chrissy Metz get, but even more, because she always spoke about herself as if she were not grotesquely fat (at least Chrissy and Lizzo admit they're fat). And she was always lying, and you could always see right through her lies. The Star Jones threads were what originally drew me to Datalounge fifteen years ago--they were hilarious. She was actually pretty liberal in her politics, so people didn't make fun of that--they made fun of her comments about men (especially gay men--she thought she had infallible gaydar, and of course she got taken in by that guy she married whom any non-deluded person would immediately recognize as gay) and how wise she thought she was in the ways of the world.

Elisabeth was so ridiculous you couldn't get that mad at her. She was reduced to tears so easily.

One thing I will always give Meghan is that at least she's a tough bitch.

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2019 10:33 PM

Debbie Matenopolos was another that everyone loved to hate. That's how Tina Fey made her name first on the writing staff for SNL was writing the sketches of "The View" that mocked Debbie for being such a total idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 10:37 PM

Cameron Diaz as Debbie Matenopolos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2019 10:43 PM

I MISS CHERI OTERI!...

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2019 10:54 PM

Cheri Oteri was the best Barbara Walters ever. She really had the cadences down.

I also love Tracy Morgan's Star Jones: "Legally speaking... legally speaking,..."

by Anonymousreply 12December 17, 2019 12:33 AM

Rosie was the worst...an actual psycho.

by Anonymousreply 13December 17, 2019 1:55 AM

is that the show that had rosie and barbara walters?

by Anonymousreply 14December 17, 2019 2:09 AM

What about the most underrated? (or least appreciated?). I grew to love Nicole Wllace. I followed her to MSNBC. I watch her show now practically every day.

by Anonymousreply 15December 17, 2019 6:19 AM

Cheri and Rachel Dratch were the best Barbara’s r14!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 17, 2019 8:59 AM

Jenny McCarthy was the shits

by Anonymousreply 17December 17, 2019 12:01 PM

Candace Cameron Bure is a cancer on society and her smarmy and smugly homophobic brother is even worse. Her calling out Danny Pintauro for exposing other gay men to HIV made me hate both of them even more than I already did. He can’t act and traded on his undeserved fame to hurt other gay men which makes him worse than Roy Cohn and Andrew Cunanan (someone else Judith Lightweight is also connected to, NOT coincidentally) in my book. It is no coincidence the ratings and writing quality of [italic]As the World Turns[/italic] went up dramatically without him. She is similarly untalented and annoying, should also be languishing in obscurity instead of being foisted upon an unwilling public, and probably thinks all gay men and only gay men act like that.

I want reparations.

by Anonymousreply 18December 17, 2019 12:03 PM

[quote] Rosie was the worst...an actual psycho.

R13, honey, I could have told you that.

by Anonymousreply 19December 17, 2019 12:05 PM

Network mediocrity at its zenith. Depressing to “view” shows like this. So I don’t. From time to time like viewing FOX News or a reality show to keep a window open to the realities of the media idiocy we are surrounded by.

by Anonymousreply 20December 17, 2019 12:09 PM

Moocow McCain is a good contender to worst addition to humanity of all time.

by Anonymousreply 21December 17, 2019 12:12 PM

Whoopi was the absolute worst addition for many years. She would just sit in the corner and scowl, no effort whatsoever. Not to mention the infamous "rape rape" scandal or when she defended Michael Vick's dog fighting ring.

Shes been better than she ever has on the current "View" season though.

by Anonymousreply 22December 17, 2019 12:12 PM

Even Republicans hate MOO-Gogan McCain.

by Anonymousreply 23December 17, 2019 12:14 PM

Hasslebitch is the worst. Plus if it’s even possible, she has become even more of a self-righteous, sanctimonious, born-again, judgmental whore.

by Anonymousreply 24December 17, 2019 12:31 PM

Lisa Ling rarely seemed like she added anything to the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 25December 17, 2019 12:46 PM

What's wrong with a lively, loudmouthed, empty-headed, bimbo?

by Anonymousreply 26December 17, 2019 12:50 PM

Girls, girls!

You're ALL fetid cunts.

by Anonymousreply 27December 17, 2019 12:51 PM

[quote] What's wrong with a lively, loudmouthed, empty-headed, bimbo?

The fact that we are dealing with the concurrent plagues of threads about Jennifer fucking Aniston, Britney fucking Spears, and Candace fucking Cameron. That's what's wrong. Stop enabling these privileged str8 white women!

by Anonymousreply 28December 17, 2019 2:05 PM

Wow, r28, what a co-inky-dink!

Three Bubble Headed Hot Hollywood Blondes with that same fucking middle name!

by Anonymousreply 29December 17, 2019 6:07 PM

Hasselbeck & McCain bring controversy & viewers. The really boring ones are Abby, Lisa Ling, and Rosie Perez. Probably lots more, but I haven't watched it through the years.

Whoopi is a very grumpy person collecting a paycheck and eating on the job.

by Anonymousreply 30December 17, 2019 7:19 PM

What about Debbie? I heard she was pretty hated by the OG hags and viewers alike.

by Anonymousreply 31December 17, 2019 7:51 PM

Jenny must have had the lowest IQ.

by Anonymousreply 32December 17, 2019 10:02 PM

It's a blessing that Barbara is now in dementia, she doesn't know what a wreck her creation has become.

by Anonymousreply 33December 17, 2019 10:07 PM

[quote]The really boring ones are Abby, Lisa Ling, and Rosie Perez. Probably lots more, but I haven't watched it through the years.

Lisa Ling is actually a genuinely great journalist but she is boring as all get-out.

[quote]Candace Cameron Bure is a cancer on society and her smarmy and smugly homophobic brother is even worse. Her calling out Danny Pintauro for exposing other gay men to HIV made me hate both of them even more than I already did.

Both Candace and Raven were pretty brutal in that interview. Candace asked him if he took responsibility for having promiscuous sex while being addicted to meth. Raven asked the husband and Danny if they were having unprotected sex while married. The show asked Candice to read a disclaimer about unprotected sex while being undetectable. (This was all pre mass Prep availability back in 2015 and even the knowledge we have now about being undetectable.) They both came off as insensitive and cold.

Besides this and the "cake" incident which she still wasn't clear on while on the show -- she never came off as bad as Hasselbeck and McCain did every few days.

by Anonymousreply 34December 17, 2019 10:52 PM

She’s just a bigot who’s ashamed to say she’s a bigot. r34

by Anonymousreply 35December 18, 2019 7:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!