Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alan Dershowitz Torn to Shreds

Harvard Law Emeritus professor Alan Dershowitz faced a pointed question from a caller who phoned into CSPAN and berated him for his defenses of President Donald Trump and disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein.

During his appearance on Washington Journal, Dershowitz defended himself from accusations of involvement with Epstein’s sex trafficking, and he also said “we are moving to an age of McCarthyism” if accusations are enough to have the same effect on a person as being found guilty. Toward the end of Dershowitz’s appearance, a caller phoned in and said “It is obvious to me you are the victim here. Epstein used you. I think you are being used again.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 19, 2019 7:50 PM

“You are obviously not able to be a judge of character,” The caller continued. “My question is when Trump is proven to be as bad for this country as Epstein was for little girls, will you admit you were wrong and fade away or will you be deceived again?”

“I don’t think I was deceived,” Dershowitz replied, explaining that his job as a lawyer requires him to represent people he doesn’t like or those who stand accused of serious crimes. He pushed back against the allegations against him while insisting “Epstein did not use me.”

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2019 8:03 PM

[quote]“I don’t think I was deceived,” Dershowitz replied, explaining that his job as a lawyer requires him to represent people he doesn’t like or those who stand accused of serious crimes.

I know this is a Byzantine saga, but did Dershowitz at any point formally represent Epstein, claiming such impartiality to the accused? How could he have been as he is at least a material witness?

by Anonymousreply 2December 19, 2019 6:15 AM

He defended OJ. What more proof does anyone need that he’s a shitbag?

by Anonymousreply 3December 19, 2019 7:06 AM

I'm not asking for proof for an obvious shitbag. I've only asked if Dershowitz was in any way a legal representative of Epstein or not. Why his incredible head-dive into this sqaulid affair in the first place?

Or whether or not he is a material witness trying to get himself out of testifying to the shit he's seen (though not necessarily been party to), hence all of his fucked up appearances defending the scum he associated himself with, because he doesn't wanna tell the truth under oath? Or just avoid it altogether.

Or the worst. Does he look like a guy who couldn't score a fuck with a decent looking gal without help or coercion from the likes of a shitbag like Daddy Trump?

by Anonymousreply 4December 19, 2019 7:51 AM

Dersh is in this so deep that he's written a book defending himself against Epstein's sex-trafficked accuser, Virginia Roberts Giuffre (who claims he had sex with her multiple times) called "Guilt By Association." I'm sure it will fly off the shelves just like his last book "The Case Against Impeaching Trump."

Since this article he's had Boies removed from Giuffre's defense team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 19, 2019 2:36 PM

F this j-ey sociopath

by Anonymousreply 6December 19, 2019 2:39 PM

R4, Dershowitz did represent Epstein in connection with Epstein’s 2008 Florida plea deal.

by Anonymousreply 7December 19, 2019 4:45 PM

Awful man.

by Anonymousreply 8December 19, 2019 5:13 PM

Please don't call him "Dersh," like he`'s a beloved friend.

Please.

by Anonymousreply 9December 19, 2019 5:16 PM

I was hoping this was another one of those fatal animal mauling threads!

by Anonymousreply 10December 19, 2019 5:21 PM

He’s an evil guy. Pathological liar and very intelligent. I’d even go as far to say he’s a total sociopath. Dangerous combo.

by Anonymousreply 11December 19, 2019 5:26 PM

To shreds, you say?

by Anonymousreply 12December 19, 2019 5:28 PM

He defended the man who killed Glenn Close. He can't be all that bad.

by Anonymousreply 13December 19, 2019 5:29 PM

The correct phrase according to DL is "read to filth"

by Anonymousreply 14December 19, 2019 5:36 PM

He's an old man whose death I will be happy to read about in the papers, tbh. He's pretty much a walking PoS who has done much evil in his life.

by Anonymousreply 15December 19, 2019 7:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!