Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Things You Never Clean

You filthy whores.

I’ll start.

The manual can opener. The corkscrew. The doorbell. The freezer. The water basin container for your Keurig or humidifier.

I’ll grant you, people do sometimes clean the freezer.

Usually, people run out and clean these things when they hear that others do.

by Anonymousreply 88December 20, 2019 3:46 AM

I clean all of those things, and more.

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2019 7:39 PM

OMG, Don't ask.

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2019 7:39 PM

You’d never guess

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2019 7:44 PM

I clean everything. I took biology in college and frankly, there no going back.

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2019 7:48 PM

Omg, you have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2019 7:52 PM

Pierre you disgusting pig. Of course I clean all these things. And so should YOU.

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2019 7:54 PM

[quote]The manual can opener.

Yikes, can't imagine not cleaning that. I keep a toothbrush in the dish drainer mainly for that purpose and clean the can opener's blades after every use.

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2019 7:55 PM

Moo

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2019 7:58 PM

In the coming years, it will be up to you to bring a can of Lysol every where you go because America is joining the third world when it comes to filthy public spaces and free-flowing viruses and bacteria.

The standards have gotten so low now that anything goes.

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 7:59 PM

When I polish the floor, I never move the potted tree.

by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2019 8:00 PM

The remotes. Crusted with hand cream, lube, semen, popcorn grease, etc.

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2019 8:02 PM

From my rueful experiences, apparently wiping their ass after taking a huge, nasty dump. Guess everyone is too busy on their phone to wipe their ass cracks.

by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2019 8:19 PM

Perhaps, R12, they should read the "Bidets" thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2019 8:29 PM

That part of the toilet on the side and where it bolts to the floor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 16, 2019 8:31 PM

I REALLY didn't need THAT picture

by Anonymousreply 15December 16, 2019 8:52 PM

Vaginas are self cleaning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 16, 2019 8:56 PM

Your iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 17December 16, 2019 9:01 PM

I never use the freezer for anything but ice cubes and ice cream, it is otherwise just a really cold trash can. I cook small portions so there are no leftovers.

by Anonymousreply 18December 16, 2019 9:02 PM

MY SPHINCTER

by Anonymousreply 19December 16, 2019 9:03 PM

I admit, I haven't cleaned the doorbell in a while, but it's winter here, and you can damn well get you and your dirty fingers off my porch! I don't own a corkscrew, but I clean the other stuff regularly.

by Anonymousreply 20December 16, 2019 9:05 PM

The floor under the refrigerator.

by Anonymousreply 21December 16, 2019 9:05 PM

We will have you know Person-With-A-Vile-French-Name that [italic] we[/italic] the members of Datalounge's Maiden Aunt Brigade, keep our households spotless.

We cannot actually be fraus, so we will out-frau them on all fronts, from our superior potato salad recipes and holiday dinner menus to our more tasteful home decor to the spotlessness of our housekeeping.

We have decided that you are probably the sort of person to engage in hiring someone else to clean for him!

Imagine, letting someone else touch your unmentionables!

Yuck!

by Anonymousreply 22December 16, 2019 9:06 PM

The air popcorn popper

The water reservoir of your drip coffee pot

The head liner of your car

by Anonymousreply 23December 16, 2019 9:16 PM

R7, George, but do you clean the toothbrush?

by Anonymousreply 24December 16, 2019 10:04 PM

My hole

by Anonymousreply 25December 16, 2019 10:14 PM

The soap after dropping it. I always rinse it, but that seems to awe others.

by Anonymousreply 26December 16, 2019 10:34 PM

Were you taught not to touch any food remnants within the mayo jar when you make a new sandwich? I concluded in adulthood that, if this were truly dangerous, we would all already be dead. It might be gross, but not deadly.

Convince me otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 27December 16, 2019 10:37 PM

[quote] The manual can opener.

If you use a smooth-edge type can opener that cuts the side of the can, it never touches the contents in the can, so you don't really have that icky cleaning issue like with the old-fashioned kind that cut into the top of the can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 16, 2019 10:45 PM

Many ignore their dirty windows. It's quite sad when there's actually a nice view on the other side of the grime. I strive for outdoors at least four times a year, inside as often as I can. Some friends have fessed up to never cleaning them in years!

by Anonymousreply 29December 16, 2019 11:01 PM

I don't clean towels. When white bath towels become uniformly yellow and can no longer absorb water, I throw them out and get new ones.

by Anonymousreply 30December 16, 2019 11:30 PM

True story: I worked in PTown years ago as a house frau, long before the business was taken over by the Jamaicans. (This was when it was still college students and vagabonds from the US and Canada, mostly, cleaning guesthouses). This was also before they had a central sewer hook-up. Every place had a septic tank, and it filled with overuse of the laundry washer or other water services. There was one guest house that would inspect their guest’s used towels, and if they looked clean, they’d skip the washer, and just put them in the dryer. Then put them back on the shelf for the next guest.

Many places had automatic lawn watering systems, but the law required that any automatic system had to be well water. If it was tap water, they required hand-watering. They posted signs saying “don’t drink the water”. I learned that they weren’t being cheap, or mean, or whatever; it was that the watering wells were too close to the septic tanks to be safe to drink from, though ok to water the lawn. So, unless you like ecoli with your water, take those signs seriously when you see them. I think town hall has them today.

by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2019 11:48 PM

When I hired my cleaning person, 20 years ago! I asked my Mom, who had 7 kids, and had cleaning help, what she knew about hiring a cleaning person. She said “All I know is that they clean a little less every time they come.” Lol. It’s true!

My sister had an old women who cleaned. The old woman mostly watched TV and napped. My sister had to hire a second cleaner, because for a while, she couldn’t fire the old lady.

by Anonymousreply 32December 16, 2019 11:58 PM

[quote]Things You Never Clean

My dick before I stick it in your WHORE mother's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 33December 17, 2019 12:06 AM

My butthole.

by Anonymousreply 34December 17, 2019 12:25 AM

My hands after I shovel McDonald's in my face

by Anonymousreply 35December 17, 2019 12:47 AM

I think it’s due to DataLounge but I now have a year-end chore list of things to do, like change various filters. I didn’t know my vacuum had three filters for maybe a decade. Plus other stuff.

I love clean windows. No matter how nice an apartment I visit, I’m always first drawn to looking out the windows! I even are old fashion with the old storm windows, so it’s a bit of a chore, but I do it every year, or sometimes twice a year.

by Anonymousreply 36December 17, 2019 2:21 AM

R30! That's so nasty! Like... bath towels???

by Anonymousreply 37December 17, 2019 2:52 AM

Do you really clean your doorbell?

by Anonymousreply 38December 17, 2019 3:07 AM

My prosthetic testicle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 17, 2019 5:05 AM

My oven. I really should clean it soon.

by Anonymousreply 40December 17, 2019 5:39 AM

[quote] If you use a smooth-edge type can opener that cuts the side of the can, it never touches the contents in the can, so you don't really have that icky cleaning issue like with the old-fashioned kind that cut into the top of the can.

I use a side-cut can opener, too. It doesn't leave a perfectly smooth edge on the lid, though. Still, not sure why more people don't use it. So much cleaner than the other kind.

by Anonymousreply 41December 17, 2019 5:42 AM

You can put most can openers in the dishwasher.

I have a window cleaner come every two weeks to do the outside and I do the inside with a Karcher window vac. Takes a while though as I have 30+ windows.

by Anonymousreply 42December 17, 2019 7:14 AM

What R42 said. I throw my manual can opener in the dishwasher after every use. Is that so hard?? I also throw the kitchen sponges in every time I run it which is usually every other day. Easy.

by Anonymousreply 43December 17, 2019 7:25 AM

I don't clean above my kitchen cabinets.

by Anonymousreply 44December 17, 2019 7:40 AM

This thread made me get out of bed and spray lysol on every doorknob

by Anonymousreply 45December 17, 2019 7:40 AM

Consuela!

by Anonymousreply 46December 17, 2019 8:06 AM

I clean all those things. My metal can opener and corkscrew go through the dishwasher.

by Anonymousreply 47December 17, 2019 8:17 AM

Once a week I clean my keys, iPhone and wallet with antiseptic spray, I can't imagine what germs are on them.

by Anonymousreply 48December 17, 2019 9:08 AM

r32 Always pay attention to what your mother says about the cleaning lady. I lived during my mom's last years and I brought in a cleaning lady, Patricia, to help. My mother watched her with an eagle eye. She followed poor Patricia from room to room. I was so embarrassed, thankfully, I was working in the other room.

At Mother's funeral Patricia asked me, as everyone was leaving, if she could leave, too. I imagined she was traumatized and didn't think she could depart while corpse was still displayed. I told her yes, she could leave but I would love it if she still came once a week.

At first it was horrendous, she addressed me as Doña and asked me to inspect the rooms and wash, etc. I set her at ease and we settled into a more easy-going style. That is, until I found out she stole $5000 through my credit cards.

I had let her go. I felt bad about it.

by Anonymousreply 49December 17, 2019 12:41 PM

[quote]You can put most can openers in the dishwasher.

Mine is rusting a little just from being hand washed after use, the dishwasher would turn it into a pile of rust bits in a hot second.

by Anonymousreply 50December 17, 2019 1:46 PM

R48 can't come to the phone just now, it's his evening to disinfect the small electronics and personal items.

by Anonymousreply 51December 17, 2019 1:54 PM

You type dirty, OP.

I clean all of those things.

by Anonymousreply 52December 17, 2019 2:09 PM

OP, honey....

by Anonymousreply 53December 17, 2019 2:11 PM

cockrings

by Anonymousreply 54December 17, 2019 2:14 PM

[quote] The manual can opener. The corkscrew. The doorbell. The freezer. The water basin container for your Keurig

I would never use a manual can opener (those went out in 1988) or a Keurig. There's no way to get a Keurig completely clean, plus they make shitty coffee that's not hot enough

I always clean my corkscrew

by Anonymousreply 55December 17, 2019 2:21 PM

The broiler section of my oven, including the broiler plate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 17, 2019 2:30 PM

Keys - good one!

How about the salt and pepper seller? Never, right?

My doctor discovered I had too much iron in my blood test, I had one of those pepper mills that grind the pepper kernels, and it was 30 years old. After I threw it out, my iron level returned to normal, haha. It apparently was bringing the rusting mills-wheels into my food. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 57December 17, 2019 2:48 PM

Jockstraps.

by Anonymousreply 58December 17, 2019 2:48 PM

I clean under the fridge when it is moved for maintenance. Same with the bed, when, for whatever reason, I move the mattress, I will clean the dust bunnies. I clean under the stove when I replace the mouse traps there. This is every few years. Otherwise, I leave them all unmolested.

Tops of counters every year or so. I have lights up there and glasswork on top that needs to be dusted anyway. It’s amazing how dusty it is up there.

by Anonymousreply 59December 17, 2019 2:53 PM

The more you scrub and clean and purify and sterilize the less you'll be able to withstand germs. We evolved for millions of years drinking out of streams where animals piss, shit and die. Eating raw this and unwashed that. Rarely bathing. Humans are tough.

by Anonymousreply 60December 17, 2019 2:53 PM

Cash and coins.

by Anonymousreply 61December 17, 2019 3:05 PM

If you used canned products..need to clean the tops.

by Anonymousreply 62December 17, 2019 3:06 PM

I don't clean. That's Rosario's job.

by Anonymousreply 63December 17, 2019 3:14 PM

r63 Not anymore, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 64December 17, 2019 3:24 PM

TINAAAA!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 17, 2019 3:37 PM

Somebody on DataLounge said that he goes to the grocery market, sticks his finger down his crack, and then wipes it on the tops of soda cans. He didn’t get shit for it, too! Maybe it was too unthinkable for people to respond. But you’ll never look at a soda can the same again.

by Anonymousreply 66December 17, 2019 11:40 PM

R55 I use a manual and open about two cans a year.

I avoid canned food so it is no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 67December 18, 2019 7:08 AM

Am I the only one that still uses an electric can opener?

by Anonymousreply 68December 18, 2019 10:22 AM

Yes, they are a bit pointless if you aren't opening 30 cans a day. (though maybe you have a dozen cats to feed?).

They are up there with Asparagus peelers as one of the most useless pieces of crap you can own

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 18, 2019 10:55 AM

[quote]Am I the only one that still uses an electric can opener?

I've never owned one in my entire life, e mi chiamo Ancientgay. My cats came running when they heard the twirl of a manual. This is the one I used for decades. Now I have an OXO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 18, 2019 11:05 AM

Good god, you bitches have no problem sticking your tongue in some shitty hole, or licking cock fresh out of the hole, and you're fussing about can openers?

by Anonymousreply 71December 18, 2019 11:49 AM

under my foreskin. I grew quite obese over the years and don’t get any action anymore, so one day I just said fuck it. It’s one less thing to do in the shower. Same with my asshole although at least I do shoot the water from the hand shower up there, that’s good enough. But soap in those areas too much effort since my midsection is so large.

by Anonymousreply 72December 18, 2019 12:04 PM

R71 Many of us would never do such a gross thing. Rimmers are minority.

by Anonymousreply 73December 18, 2019 1:35 PM

[quote]Many of us would never do such a gross thing. Rimmers are minority.

Ha! And what alternate planet is it that you inhabit?

by Anonymousreply 74December 18, 2019 2:20 PM

I had a funny exchange with a dinner guest last night who told me while I was preparing dinner that she routinely cleans her married children’s refrigerators. She took a look at mine and gave me a pass!

by Anonymousreply 75December 18, 2019 2:43 PM

My cleaning person cleans THAT, R14.

by Anonymousreply 76December 18, 2019 2:45 PM

My cleaning person resume to clean my fridge.

by Anonymousreply 77December 18, 2019 2:49 PM

I feel reading this thread will not be good for my OCD

by Anonymousreply 78December 18, 2019 3:01 PM

"Am I the only one that still uses an electric can opener?"

No.

I HATE manual can openers and have had an electric one for as long as I can remember.

Okay, I can't remember the last time I used it, but at least it's there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 18, 2019 6:55 PM

R79 So, this "thing" sits on your kitchen counter even though you never use it?

by Anonymousreply 80December 18, 2019 7:05 PM

I just gave my blender to Goodwill. I never used it, since I bought it in 2007. It cost, maybe $300, and matched my other appliances and the kitchen. It was on my counter for a while, then taking space in my cabinet. I think somebody got a good deal.

by Anonymousreply 81December 18, 2019 7:11 PM

The Harriet Craig Memorial To-Do List....by the time you reach the end, you're dead.

by Anonymousreply 82December 18, 2019 7:50 PM

“Housework expands to fill the day”

- Some feminist frau

by Anonymousreply 83December 18, 2019 9:24 PM

Another oft neglected spot is tops of picture frames, doors and doorframes. I've had to point these out to cleaners over the years. Rads get ignored all the time too, especially if they're concealed in cases.

by Anonymousreply 84December 18, 2019 9:53 PM

Winter gloves - how about that one!

by Anonymousreply 85December 19, 2019 12:17 AM

R85 I have washed fabric, even wool, but have considered how dirty the suede and leather could be...I don't wish to overthink it!

by Anonymousreply 86December 19, 2019 7:19 PM

The mix of dust and grease that furs over the top of the refrigerator.

by Anonymousreply 87December 19, 2019 9:31 PM

R79,. I still use mine every day, but yours looks considerably more modern.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 20, 2019 3:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!