Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kumail Nanjiani Is the Latest Unsettlingly Swole MCU Star

DAMN!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 23, 2019 9:06 PM

That really looks like photoshop

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2019 7:21 PM

Eek, those veins! šŸ˜¬

That's too much even for me.

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2019 7:24 PM

No fucking way certain chemicals from the Disney lab weren't involved in this process.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2019 7:25 PM

He had to get swole for his role in that Marvel film.

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2019 7:25 PM

WHAT

That's... quite the transformation.

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2019 7:27 PM

I want to bury my face in his chest hair.

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2019 7:28 PM

He looked better fat.

Steroids is rarely becoming

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2019 7:29 PM

Human Growth Hormone

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2019 7:29 PM

Disney really wants that Punjabi money.

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 7:32 PM

His face looks weird

by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2019 7:37 PM

Very hot, but if he would just shape and trim those caterpillar eyebrows a smidge....unibrow is never sexy

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2019 7:47 PM

Wait...is he supposed to be hot?

No.

by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2019 7:47 PM

He's still fug. It was the same when John Krasinski got in shape for that 13 Hours movie. The body looked great, but he still has fug face.

by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2019 7:56 PM

Great thread!

by Anonymousreply 14December 16, 2019 8:01 PM

I've always thought Kumail was cute.

by Anonymousreply 15December 16, 2019 8:02 PM

His nose certainly is swole in OPā€™s pic.

by Anonymousreply 16December 16, 2019 8:03 PM

He is ethnic

by Anonymousreply 17December 16, 2019 8:05 PM

I've always thought he was sort of sexy. He looks nice ripped, although it is a bit extreme (the veins in his arms are crazy looking).

by Anonymousreply 18December 16, 2019 8:06 PM

Who is he supposed to be in "The Eternals"?

I'm familiar with the characters but I don't see which role he would be up for?

by Anonymousreply 19December 16, 2019 8:07 PM

I really liked him on Silicon Valley.

by Anonymousreply 20December 16, 2019 8:13 PM

It's nice that he's coming right out to credit the diet and the non-stop exercise over many, many months for his appearance. Too many celebrities pull the "Oh, these abs? I just drink water and get plenty of sleep!" routine which doesn't benefit anyone.

by Anonymousreply 21December 16, 2019 8:44 PM

His abs are fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 22December 16, 2019 8:49 PM

Heā€™s hideous. No amount of greased up abs and flattering lighting can improve that caterpillar browed, chinless rat face.

by Anonymousreply 23December 16, 2019 8:57 PM

We are not amused . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 16, 2019 9:01 PM

Similar to my partner, though he wasn't to same extent; I'm proud of him, he's definitely hotter, though its putting some pressure on me now ;). Came to mind because I'm racist and they're both brown so I associate.

The biggest differences to me - despite comments here - is what happens to the face. Squarer and cleaner. I really don't care if the abs are tight or the arms veiny (that's even a bit gross).

by Anonymousreply 25December 16, 2019 9:07 PM

It's amazing how the same old diet-and-exercise excuse is trotted out every time a formerly flabby actor gets hot. I'm sure they do diet and exercise a bit, but this is clearly the work of steroids. It's ALWAYS steroids.

by Anonymousreply 26December 16, 2019 9:30 PM

I will laugh if he dumps his homely wife for a blonde with big tits

by Anonymousreply 27December 16, 2019 10:53 PM

[quote]It's ALWAYS steroids.

I'd say it was if the period he had was shorter but as he said it took a year to get like this and even then they still lit him perfectly to bring it all out on camera.

by Anonymousreply 28December 16, 2019 11:15 PM

If both he and Pratt can get these results, then surely BatPATTZ will end up with as an impressive physique, no?

by Anonymousreply 29December 16, 2019 11:20 PM

I'd imagine you'd need a kind of baseline musculature. People forget Chris Pratt was a WB teen heartthrob before turning into the lovable chubster in Parks & Rec. What he did with his body for Zero Dark Thirty was impressive, but the potential was always apparent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 16, 2019 11:22 PM

Here's Kumail in Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. You can see he's already got a solid body that's clearly not all that worked out. You'll also notice even before he got the Marvel gig, he's had a decent build.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2019 11:25 PM

Ben Platt, even after clearly putting a respectable amount of work into his body, still looks... what... maybe 18? Some dudes just don't have the build to get like Kumail did. Chalamet's another example of an actor who just doesn't have the baseline to achieve what these typical superhero roles require, which may ultimately result in him making more interesting choices. Anyhoo, I wanna sniff Kumail's pits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 16, 2019 11:28 PM

Holy smokes that's impressive. I honestly don't think it's steroids as he's gone very LEAN and muscular. There's no steroids face. I actually think he was cuter with a touch more fat, but that's still seriously impressive. Cool to see a South Asian in one of these massive movies, too.

by Anonymousreply 33December 17, 2019 2:16 AM

you could see the work in the last season of SV. nothing shirtless, but the arms were jacked (at least relative to the rest of the cast which may not be saying much)

by Anonymousreply 34December 17, 2019 2:23 AM

Raj Koothrappali will always be hotter than him.

by Anonymousreply 35December 17, 2019 2:24 AM

Kudos to him, but I wouldn't have gone quite so hard because a little fat will soften his face and arms. He's starting to look a little too hard, and part of his appeal and handsomeness was the softness in his appearance.

by Anonymousreply 36December 17, 2019 2:28 AM

For movies when they have to get ripped there are several tricks. HGH is one of them, another Clenbuterol a drug for Horses with asthma (no lie) that speeds up the metabolism to insane levels. There honest to goodness work involed too but to get to the 4% body fat, thick muscle look - yeah they are using some "boosters"

by Anonymousreply 37December 17, 2019 2:50 AM

His face looks bizarre, is he playing a villain?

by Anonymousreply 38December 17, 2019 2:51 AM

He is utterly vile, no matter what shape he's in.

by Anonymousreply 39December 17, 2019 2:58 AM

Agree r39. Ifhh.

by Anonymousreply 40December 17, 2019 3:22 AM

He's very unappealing. That face... !

by Anonymousreply 41December 17, 2019 3:27 AM

r30 Pratt's face is slappable in that pic. I never got his appeal

by Anonymousreply 42December 17, 2019 8:55 AM

Steroids, HGH, Winstrol. You name it, they got it on set. He looks even more disgusting now. Natural bodies don't look like this.

by Anonymousreply 43December 19, 2019 11:56 AM

He's so hot. If he was white none of you would be attacking his looks. Fuck y'all

by Anonymousreply 44December 19, 2019 12:01 PM

Just a question. His abs aren't symmetrical. Is this normal?

by Anonymousreply 45December 19, 2019 1:54 PM

R45 There is nothing normal nor natural on his body. That's why it looks so grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 46December 19, 2019 3:26 PM

r45 entirely normal. Not all abs look like washboards some are thicker and block like.

by Anonymousreply 47December 19, 2019 8:32 PM

R26 And SO WHAT if he used steroids? You think that somehow negates how hard he had to WORK to achieve those results? Steroids are not "magic muscle pills". So what if he did use them? Shut up, fatso.

by Anonymousreply 48December 20, 2019 2:09 AM

Because it causes heart disease and negates the hard work and so called healthy living he undertakes.

But money makes anyone a bitch. But Nanjiani is a typical set-loathing brown guy whose white wife and Disney $$$ makes him feel heā€™s ā€œmade itā€.

by Anonymousreply 49December 21, 2019 7:53 AM

Heā€™s definitely taking enhancers. ā€œSteroidsā€ doesnā€™t just mean testosterone anymore. Guys are cycling everything from HGH to heart and lung medications.

Naturally you can put on 8-12lbs if muscle in a year as a young man. And some far will come on with the muscle so you need to do a cut which will take a little muscle off with the fat so naturally in 15 months a 22 tear old with food genetics could hope for a 10lb muscle gain. When you see 30 something guys bulking up while remaining so lean that their veins are piling out everywhere itā€™s not natural.

Look back at the old school guys who didnā€™t have access to any ā€œhelpersā€ - look at Clint Walker who had the perfect genetics for the superhero look - large deep chest, broad shoulders, tall, large wrists and bones. At his physical leak he had a slightly visible vein on his bicep, no 8 pack cheese grater and, no vascularity in his chest or abdomen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 21, 2019 9:37 AM

Quite sad that people risk their health by using steroids and other unhealthy means to get ripped.

You get quite decent results with a magnesium supplement and bananas (those have loads of potassium which, with magnesium, supports muscle growth). But of course it takes way too long for those instant gratification fanatics.

by Anonymousreply 51December 21, 2019 9:51 AM

R50 God Clint Walker was perfection.

You need to have the frame to start with. I was a jockey as a teenager. I am short and have a small frame- narrow shoulders and my wrists are less than 5 inches around. I was about 115lbs when I was riding. Working out made me ripped but I was still tiny. My brother has a small frame too and when he bulked up he looked like a walrus, his neck disappeared and he looked about 3 feet tall.

If you have the right frame for that action hero look then achieving it naturally would taken years. If you had the frame and a base of musculature but got out of shape over the years it would be a bit easier but still you cannot get that super ripped vascular look without help. You still have to eat right and train like a beast mind. You cannot dose up and sit on the couch but if a guy is all natural he won't be able to look like Kumail or any of the Marvel guys who get in shape in a few months. It's not particularly healthy or functional to get that ripped either you won't see Olympic level athletes that lean and ripped. Someone spoke out about this recently actually - was it Frances McDormand?

Other signs of steroid use apart from looking dried out or gaining 30lb in a year are huge traps and delts (like bulls! those muscles are really receptive to testosterone. Notice how different modern guys look in that area compared to natty guys from the 50s/60s) , back acne, a bloated distended stomach (most competitive body builders have that now), changes in the jaw line, fat around the nipples despite having a muscular chest. Most Instagram fitness people have some of those tells.

by Anonymousreply 52December 21, 2019 4:11 PM

He looked better as a fatty.

by Anonymousreply 53December 21, 2019 4:12 PM

R48 is clearly tender to the touch today. Take a Midol and have some chocolate, honey.

by Anonymousreply 54December 21, 2019 4:27 PM

R48 has roid rage

by Anonymousreply 55December 21, 2019 4:37 PM

Steroid use has been around a long long time.

by Anonymousreply 56December 23, 2019 8:07 PM

His body is decent now. Pity about the face.

by Anonymousreply 57December 23, 2019 8:09 PM

Sexy

by Anonymousreply 58December 23, 2019 9:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!