Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Miss USA, Miss America, Miss Teen USA, Miss Universe and now Miss World are all black women

Wow, we’ve come so far. This is a milestone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 18, 2019 5:01 PM

Cue in elder fags who aren't even attracted to women to spew bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2019 5:11 PM

R1 Cue LSA Obese Homophobic Cunt, right on time. Bet you’re making bread in your shoes.

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2019 5:16 PM

r2, STFU you stupid bitch. There's nothing obese about me. I'm a fit, beautiful nonbinary POC.

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2019 5:19 PM

Well, smell xim R3

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2019 5:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2019 5:22 PM

The odds of such a random occurrence without some other factors involved seem rather low to me.

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2019 5:24 PM

When they first started the Miss America pageant, one of the rules was that the contestants “be of the white race”. No one blinked an eye. Even when Bess Myerson became the first Jewish Miss America, she lost some endorsements.

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2019 5:25 PM

It’s a big step that a minority population of 13% can represent the entire nation. Kudos.

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2019 5:26 PM

www.datalounge.com/thread/25149208

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 5:35 PM

What's the difference between Miss America and Miss USA. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2019 5:38 PM

Miss France too :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2019 5:43 PM

R10 they are similar I think. Just put on by different organizations.

by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2019 5:46 PM

R12 OK, got it. Cheers.

by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2019 5:53 PM

The fact that beauty pageant are still a thing shows how far we haven't come.

by Anonymousreply 14December 16, 2019 5:54 PM

I love it. We've come a long way since Vanessa Williams was Miss America back in 1983. Although they chose a light-skinned black to wear the crown, many people still criticized the pageant for not choosing a pure white woman to represent the ideal image of an American beauty queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 16, 2019 6:13 PM

[quote]What's the difference between Miss America and Miss USA. Thanks.

Two different organizations and competitions.

Miss America is the terminal point of local and state pageants held in the US.

Miss USA is the US contestant who goes on the compete in the Miss Universe that is an international beauty pageant.

by Anonymousreply 16December 16, 2019 10:50 PM

Miss America now allows fatty fuggos in.

Miss USA goes on to compete against glamazon latinas and gorgeous pageant lifer Asian sensations.

Miss America is always boring = who cares

Miss Teen USA = North Dakota was better.

Miss USA (NC) = flop central. She didn’t even crack the top 5 when we had home country advantage in ATLANTA of all places! New Mexico should have won this year. Every black girl who’s won over the past 5 years has failed so hard at Universe.

You could tell the fix was in for South Africa. She doesn’t hold a candle to Cat the outgoing queen and doesn’t even have the same pizzazz as Demi Leigh who won for South Africa two years ago. If a “WoC” was going to win, should have been that adorable Iceland gal.

But it sure does push a lot of papers. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 17December 16, 2019 11:15 PM

When will Chrissy Metz and Lizzo protest to make it a fatass competition?

by Anonymousreply 18December 16, 2019 11:17 PM

But still not EGOTs!

by Anonymousreply 19December 16, 2019 11:21 PM

R19 I’m with ya Jada, let’s not rest until NO white people win ANY awards or competitions.

by Anonymousreply 20December 16, 2019 11:23 PM

r19, I LOVE YOU! TOO FUNNY

by Anonymousreply 21December 16, 2019 11:48 PM

I will never watch another beauty contest in a gay bar. The gay white men are so vicious whenever they see a black contestant. Sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 22December 18, 2019 4:32 PM

As a biracial person, I really wanted Iceland to win. European countries rarely win and Iceland had never come close to winning, so that probably would have made more headlines than another win for South Africa.

by Anonymousreply 23December 18, 2019 5:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!