Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Judy Garland charts in Billboard Top Ten in 2019

Vaudeville may not be back at the Palace, but a Garland song has landed in the top ten of a Billboard chart for the first time since 1945.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 23, 2019 7:30 AM

I'm surprised no one had this idea sooner.

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2019 4:35 PM

Ok, listening now, it's fun.

Can anyone tell me what two words she's repeating at the beginning? I know the original recording like the back of my hand but can't place it.

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2019 4:42 PM

Just nitpicking, the new chords on top of "it's all a crazy game" sound off to me.

Also, it always bugged me that she's a bit sharp on "fools." But I guess a little imperfection in an otherwise epic, flawless performance only gives it character.

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2019 4:47 PM

Is this a joke? It sounds like a mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2019 4:48 PM

Is this from the movie? If so, it’s not Judy singing.

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2019 4:51 PM

It just sounds like every other time some DJ queen has done similar kinds of things. Unless they're really wise about the mix, there's always dissonance between the music and voice.

The Verve remix project from 10-15 years back was much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2019 4:52 PM

It's like that godawful Ethel Merman does Disco thing

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2019 5:41 PM

It'no "Higher Love" which gets the straight and gay clubs poping this winter. That song really grows into an earworm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2019 5:52 PM

Ugh. Is all dance music these days so repetitive? I tried to listen but just found it tedious.

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 5:56 PM

I think it's fun and so sweet that she is back on the charts. I wonder what Liza thinks.

by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2019 5:59 PM

Judy forever

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2019 6:01 PM

[QUOTE] . I wonder what Liza thinks

I think itsch jush schmashing!!!

by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2019 6:01 PM

Nice to see that her popularity continues but this awful.

It's a good idea but not carried out with any skill.

by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2019 6:03 PM

Eldergays everywhere will be breaking hips on the dance floor!

by Anonymousreply 14December 16, 2019 6:28 PM

Groove Armada did really well with a Patti Page sample on their tune At The River two decades ago now. This could’ve benefited from a similar treatment.

It’s not that awful but it’s not great either.

by Anonymousreply 15December 16, 2019 7:02 PM

[quote]I think it's fun and so sweet that she is back on the charts. I wonder what Liza thinks.

Probably pissed her dead mother can get back on the charts but she can’t.

by Anonymousreply 16December 16, 2019 7:07 PM

I don’t get why this is a big deal.

Judy had the highest selling album of 1961 with “Live at Carnegie Hall”, which spent 13 weeks at number one. It went on to with the Grammy for Album of the Year, the first woman artist and the first double album to do so.

by Anonymousreply 17December 16, 2019 7:15 PM

Already a thread on this days ago. Do a search

by Anonymousreply 18December 16, 2019 7:52 PM

Not saying it's the case in the instance, but it seems the way Billboard determines the Dance chart is ripe for an old time payola scam to happen.

by Anonymousreply 19December 16, 2019 8:09 PM

I hate when they don't mention the type of chart. Billboard charts are all irrelevant since no one listens to the radio these days, but if it's not the Billboard Top 100, then it doesn't really matter to me.

Those lesser charts are like American Music or MTV Music Awards, anyone with half an octave and a pulse can dominate.

by Anonymousreply 20December 16, 2019 9:51 PM

Judy's in the Top Ten for Christmas time....lovely.

by Anonymousreply 21December 23, 2019 6:49 AM

Judy was one of the most talented singers ever. She also had a lot of pain and struggle throughout her life. Despite that, she had a good heart, which is hard to encounter in Hollywood. At a time when gay men were oppressed beyond belief, they identified with her struggles and she theirs.

by Anonymousreply 22December 23, 2019 6:53 AM

Where's my royalty check? Is it here already? Let's get ice cream. Bailey's makes an ice cream now.

You know what? Let's just get Bailey's. Oh, wait. There's a pint of vodka in my purse. Has anyone seen my purse? Oh there it is on the sofa.

Oh, my! That's not a purse! That's somebody's dog.

Poor thing! Hold still, I have to get my pint of vodka out of you doggie!

by Anonymousreply 23December 23, 2019 7:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!