Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has social media just become an outlet for narcissism?

Social media had great promise. It helped us connect with old friends and find relatives.

And then marketing got a hold of social media.

And now it's all about what fabulous lives everyone apparently leads.

PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS!

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2019 7:31 PM

You do know you can delete your accounts if it bothers you that much, right?

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2019 3:24 PM

yes, it's me me me me me me me me me

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2019 4:15 PM

.....Which is one of several reasons that I don't bother with any form of social media. And I don't feel as if I'm missing anything.

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2019 4:22 PM

OP, is the earth round?

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2019 4:23 PM

Social media was always going to be a shite experiment from day one. It's social control, ffs. That masses jumped into it head-on shows how dumb/narcissistic/desperate for status and validation they really are.

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2019 5:49 PM

Just adjust your account to screen out individuals. I only check my groups and ignore the people. For some reason, my cousins think everyone wants to gape at their ugly mugs everyday and I couldn’t take it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2019 6:16 PM

Who are these people talking too when the “address the public” with their posts and comments. Especially the ones with 5 followers.

The delusion of it all.

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2019 6:19 PM

OP, did you just teleport in from 2013?

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2019 6:21 PM

Has it become? 'Twas always thus!

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 6:25 PM

[quote]yes, it's me me me me me me me me me

More like

ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME!ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2019 6:39 PM

I made a decision to cut out all the "friends" on my social media except my real friends and relatives.

I went from about 300 friends to 70 friends.

While there are definitely narcissists among the group, it's a much more pleasant experience. So when my friend posts pictures of his fabulous vacation, I'm actually interested and glad he's having a good time.

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2019 7:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!