Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tesla dashcam saves owner from ticket quota seeking police officer

Pigs.

[quote]A Tesla owner managed to get a $171 ticket dismissed after closely studying the footage from his integrated dashcam system inside his Model 3. A Model 3 owner from Indiana was surprised when a police officer stopped him after making a left turn at a traffic light.

[quote]He quickly pressed on the TeslaCam button, which records the last 10 minutes of what happened around your car. The police officer told him that he didn’t have his turn signal on when he made the left turn at the intersection. It took about 5 months, but the owner contested the citation and won.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 17, 2019 1:13 AM

cops are all fucking monsters

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2019 1:54 PM

On October 30th, I got towed for parking in a street sweeping zone. However, the city’s website clearly says that for streets scheduled to be cleaned bi-weekly (ex: 1st, 3rd, & 5th Weds of the month), “parking regulations are not enforced on the 5th week of the month”, meaning you don’t have to move your car for street sweeping because you will not be ticketed. I don’t know about the discrepancy.

This is the first year my street is being cleaned and subject to towing. We, the neighbors, used to clean it ourselves. By “we”, I mean me and about 5 others.

So, I got ticketed ($40) and towed ($140). I just got the ticket dismissed, with a city recommendation to refund my towing charge. I am still waiting to hear about the tow refund. I should hear by Jan 15, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2019 5:42 PM

There are mistakes made in good faith and others that are clearly not.

Cop saw a Tesla and decided the guy had money and wouldn't bother fighting it.

The real problem is that there are NO consequences for police who are bad operators on such small and petty issues. Gun someone down and you may - MAY - have consequences. Since the police departments and the municipalities actually benefit from these types of activities, they are not about to do anything to reduce this type of behavior.

All incentives are aligned to promote and reward this type of bad faith behavior.

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2019 11:10 PM

Unless the police are really right, I’ll contest a ticket. Speeding tickets are usually pretty hard to contest. But the cops often don’t show up in court, so odds are decent of getting out of a ticket.

One time I got a ticket in the mail from a lieutenant! He thought I didn’t yield to him, in his personal car, in a round-about. I thought I had already entered the round-about, like him, but was to his right, therefore having the right of way. Plus, he was on my left and wanted to exit to my right. He wanted to cross my path in front of me, instead of waiting to cross behind me. He made some excited, obscene gestures, from his car. He didn’t show up in court. When the judge asked about the situation, I said “well, people want to go where they want to go.” Case dismissed!

by Anonymousreply 4December 17, 2019 1:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!